Jon's Refeed Diary

sounds like ya got it all sussed hun x
well done on your huge loss and i'm sure you'll lose the last few lbs soon hun x

Decided on my weekend menu:
Day 5:
Breakfast: LT Mousse & Satsuma
Lunch: Prawns in fat free yoghurt with salad and a small jacket potato
Dinner: Chicken breast with carrots & broccoli, 6 small new potatoes. Fruit for dessert

Day 6:
Breakfast: LT Mousse & 2 slices of toasted wholemeal bread with scrape of very low fat phiadelphia
Lunch: Ham & Egg salad, Fat free yoghurt & a banana
Dinner: Cod fillet baked in herbs with jacket potato, broccoli and cabbage. Fruit for dessert

I really enjoyed my bagel this morning, but it laid heavy all morning so I think I'll leave off them for the rest of refeed. I'm finding tastes just amazing: Broccoli (which I used to think was bland) is lovely, and I couldn't believe how sweet fruit tastes!

Jon

Fab how it all tastes sooo different isnt it Jon! :)

Menus looking good.... be wary of having 'extra' with your breakfast shake in the mornings. Dont mean to pick but id be inclined to have your shake and then if your genuinely 'hungry' have a mid morning snack :)

Don't worry Tanya - I want you to pick. As it's the weekend, I'll have my LT stuff for breakfast and then have the other later if I feel the need.

Thanks for your advice lovie.

Jon
xx

Yep cool :) Weekends are always a downfall for me as im relaxed, not that 'bothered' but still always trying to keep check! :giggle:

Hope you enjoy your first weekend back on the food :)
Do you have much planned?
Are you planning on introducing alcohol soon/not at all? x

Not much planned this weekend, and it's half term so I've got the week off too! Got a bit of school work to do, but I also plan on making a start on a bit of training for the Sports Relief Mile.
I'm not much of a drinker so haven't factored in any booze yet, but I'd like to be able to have a scotch once in a while with the neighbours. I'll probably leave it till maintenance.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Jon
xx

Jon, delighted to see refeed is going well for you. Beware of having time on your hands during mid term. Keep busy so you don't fall prey to the munchies!!!! Well done you!

Saturday Update

Ooh - something weird just happened. I was eating (and really enjoying) some prawns on a jacket potato with a green salad & balsamic, and I suddenly realised I was full. I've left a fair bit of it and feel very odd - I don't want to waste the prawns but I've been listening to the Paul McKenna CD every day and I really felt it working.

It's very odd and very unlike the old me but it is giving me hope!!

I'm using a notebook to keep tabs of everything I eat and drink, any exercise (including the steps from my pedometer) I do and how I'm feeling and I'm also using Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com to work out the calories which is really useful.

I still don't feel very relaxed with food but it's early days I guess. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Jon
xxx

Sounds good Jon.

Thats very important, to listen to your body and even though you don't want to waste anything if your body is full stop :) You can save the prawns for a snack later if you like :)

Always helps to keep track doesnt it! :D xxx

Hi Jon just thought i would pop in to say hello and catch up on your refeed. Looking good, i must say i'm not surprised though. I'm so pleased you are enjoying eating as i know you were very nervous about it. It's killing me reading about you eating bagels(my favs) and carrots and potaoes!! Drool,lol
Take care Jon x

Don't worry Stinky - your day will come ;-)
The bagel was lovely but I've put the rest of the pack in the freezer because I felt it lurking in my stomach (quite noisily) all morning. Sorry if that's TMI.

I'm really enjoying the veg - SO tasty!!!

Jon
xx

Jon best of luck with your eating...plan to follow your guidelines when my timw comes as it seems you have done a lot of research and are being very careful..keep up the good work you are a true inspiration

Thanks Ro - that means a lot!
Good luck with your loss. You'll do it in no time.

Jon
xx

Hi Jon. Very very well done! :happy036: I'm not far off my goal now and like almost everybody on here, I am feeling a bit apprehensive about re-feeding. However, reading your posts have given me no end of encouragement.

Thanks very much for that.

Cheers. Pat.

ps. Love your new pics.

Well - just been for my first weigh in since starting refeed and I've lost another 2lbs. I'm really delighted because I have been worried about eating for weeks. I am still very wary about food but I'm thrilled not to have put any weight on despite eating what feels like loads of food.

I've got some Cambridge meal replacements to try this week as well as LT maintenance products so I'm making the most of the variety now it's allowed!

Today's menu:

Breakfast: LT Vanilla mousse and an apple

Lunch: Half a tin of tuna and half a dessert spoon of very low fat mayo on a small jacket potato, with salad & balsamic
LT Summer fruits maintenance drink

Dinner: 4oz brown rice with 4.5oz skinless chicken breast in a very low fat curry sauce (onions, tomatoes and spices). Fat Free yoghurt & a satsuma

Exercise: 20 mins on the exercise bike and a brisk walk round the reservoir (love being on half term!)

Jon
xx

Hi Jon,
That's fantastic news regarding the 2lb loss on your first week of re-feed, it just goes to show, if you do these things properly, they work!
Thanks so much for sharing your re-feeding with us, it's inspiring!

well done on your loss my sweet :) brilliant!

Menu still looking good! Hope you enjoyed your first weekend of being back on the solids! :giggle: x

Wow fantastic loss on refeed. I think I might steal some of your menus when I get to that point, lol

Hey Jon how did you manage to get hold of the CD products, is it through your friend who is doing CD? I'm only asking as i think it would be lovely to have CD products in my cupboard all the time even when i finish diet and i wasn't sure if CDC would still sell them to me if i wasn't doing the official CD.
Let me know which products you have and what you think, sooo much better than LT!
Well done on losing the 2lb!!

Hi Stinky
The pharmacy I go to does Lipotrim and Cambridge and the CD counsellor came to my meeting with the pharmacist and gave me samples of about 4 different bars, a couple of shakes, a porridge and a soup. They said I could have a selection of LT maintenance products and CD products if I want, and I'll have 1 or 2 a day during the rest of my refeed (which I am planning on doing at least until I'm at goal) and then as necessary during maintenance.
I'm still following LT re-feed strictly, just replacing some of the products with CD ones to add variety - which I'm now glad of. I would say that the lack of choice on LT suited me perfectly during weight loss and I have absolutely no regrets, but I can see how the extra choice on CD would suit many people more.
I'll let you know which ones I like when I've tried them. Of the LT maintenance ones I liked the caramel bar and the orange creme but found the summer fruits drink quite bland. I haven't tried the chocolate whip yet or the vegetable soup.

Have a great weekend Stinky ;-)

Jon
xx

Back