Jon's Refeed Diary

well done on your loss my sweet :) brilliant!

Menu still looking good! Hope you enjoyed your first weekend of being back on the solids! :giggle: x

Thanks Tanya - I am really enjoying it now and my loss is making me feel a bit more confident and in control of what (and how much) I eat.

Jon
xx

Not feeling too great today: I feel as though I ate too much yesterday - I still feel pretty bloated this morning so will try to take it easy today (although I'm going out for lunch with a friend for the first time in 5 and a half months).

Tuesday's Menu

Breakfast: LT Strawberry Shake, 1 slice wholemeal toast spread with half a banana (probably didn't need the toast really)

Lunch: Cambridge Diet Cranberry Crunch Bar (mmmmm!), Small jacket potato with a dollop of low fat cottage cheese and chives, with the usual salad with balsamic

Snack: Food Doctor Bar - this was totally unnecessary but I'd seen them on offer in Sainsburys and wanted to try them. STUPID MISTAKE. Waste of calories. I need to be more disciplined in the shops.

Dinner: Stir Fry - half a chicken breast, chinese leaf stir fry pack (half), black bean sauce and some rice noodles, then low fat yoghurt with the other half of the banana

Exercise: 20 mins on the exercise bike (2 lots of 10mins) and a 40 minute brisk walk (8500 steps)

Today's menu:

Breakfast: CD Shake, a banana

Lunch: Cafe Rouge Chicken Caesar Salad (489 cals apparently so not too bad)

Dinner: Baked salmon with cous cous (with a bit of red pepper) and wilted spinnach. Low fat yoghurt and a satsuma

Exercise: 10 mins on bike done, 10 mins this afternoon. Plan on walking round the reservoir again before going out at lunchtime.

What happened yesterday worries me a bit: I feel so good and happy being slimmer but I think I started to feel too confident yesterday. I know Lipotrim don't mention calories in their literature, and my pharmacist said that I shouldn't be too hung up on them either: he said even low calorie food has a lot of calories if you eat too much of it, so I should be more concerned about portion control rather than demonising some foods. I know from Atkins that there are also good calories (oily fish) and bad or empty calories (sugar) but I am using myfitnesspal.com and it gives a daily calorie intake. Mine varies hugely! From 691 last Wednesday to 1517 yesterday. I'm going to aim for about 1200 a day or so now, certainly until I've lost my last few pounds.

Any advice about calories?

Jon
xxx

Hi Jon i would keep doing what you are doing re the cal counting, if it makes you feel safe then it has to be a good thing. I know when my time comes i will def be counting cals, as you said even low cal food is alot of cals if you eat too much of it.
I cheat myself that something isn't that bad really, so it will be a good way for me to keep a check on what i am actually eating.
You are still in early days hun don't be too hard on yourself when it comes to knowing what to do. You will find a plan that suits you best i'm sure.
If the pharmacist said not to worry too much about cals then what do they advise you do instead?
Enjoy your lunch out today! x

Thanks Stinky. I think I'll continue to aim for about 1200 cals a day, and do exercise every day too (but not eat the extra "earned" cals). My BMR (I'd never heard of that until I read Paul McKenna) is 1600 so I should be able to lose at that rate once my body is fully used to eating again.

Jon
xx

Advice on cals ... try not to get too hung up on the little bleeders! :giggle:

Does seem like you ate alot yesterday for a day on refeed - told you be careful about having extra at breakkie with your shake! tut tut :giggle:

Maybe thats what started off the little picking? (not that you picked much mind you!) it doesnt really seem that bad but if you are worried about it then its something to look into - like did having that toast trigger you off for the rest of the day?

I know with me certain things if i eat them set me off ona right mad one! lol

Today is looking good :) x

Thanks Tanya -
You might be right about the toast. I did have a bit of a carb addiction (probably an understatement) before so I'll knock it on the head for now. Should be OK with a bar/shake and fruit though do you think?

It was lovely to be out for a meal at lunch. I had the Cafe Rought Chicken Caesar but asked for the dressing on the side and only had a tiny drizzle. I'd be very surprised if it was as many calories as the menu said - there was probably half a grilled chicken breast (if that), a few scrapes of Parmesan and loads of lettuce. Really enjoyed it though!!

Jon
xx

Glad you enjoyed you lunch out mr :)

It's up to you how you feel about the carb thing. Don't cut them out completly but if you're feeling like a snack I always find an apple cut up with a few grapes/ banana with a youg over the top lovely and pretty filling :) x

well done jon with the re feeding and glad you enjoyed your lunch keep it up champ:)

How you getting on mr? :)

Yesterday was a good day! My OH had the day off so we went to Bicester Village outlet and I got a pair of Hilfiger jeans with a 32" waist! I've been 32" at Marks for a bit but they're over generous I think so I was thrilled when these fitted. I'm gonna try some 30" ones in M&S on Saturday just to see.... I feel a bit more confident buying clothes now and as I have chucked all of my fat clothes my wardrobe is very limited.

Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: Cambridge Diet apple & cinnamon porridge (really nice!!) and a banana

Lunch: Pret a Manger no bread avocado & crayfish sandwich (182 cals) and a super-fruit cocktail (71 cals)

Snack: CD Peanut crunch bar & a Pret Skinny Latte (small)

Dinner: Jacket pot with low fat yoghurt & herb, baked 5 oz chicken breast, carrots & cabbage, then a Muller light Lemon Cheesecake flavour yoghurt

Exercise: 15 mins on Exercise bike, and 11000 step walk

Jon
xxx

Looking and sounding good my sweet :)

Well done on the jeans, great feeling ain't it!

Jon, you seem to be doing so very well. Your food sounds delish. You seem to be strict on the exercise front too. Good on you Jon!! Bet you keep checking yourself out in the Hilfiger jeans!!!

Looking good Jon! Exercise will help a lot, and it'll make you feel so good afterwards.

Isn't it great to be able to fit into smaller clothes, especially designer jeans. I'm so wanting a pair of New Religion jeans. I'm hoping that once I get to goal I can find a pair to fit me.

Just got back from my weigh in. I'm gutted - put on nearly half a pound. I know it's not much but it's the first time my weight has increased since I started. I've been sticking to 1400-1500 cals a day and exercising as much as I can (according to myfitnesspal.com about 400-500 cals worth a day on average), but I have been a bit constipated for a couple of days.

I really wanted another half a stone off before our hols in 4 weeks, but it's not looking likely now. Maybe I should try to maintain where I am, be careful on holiday (without being miserable) and then try to loose any gain and my half a stone when I get back.

The last few days:

Friday
Breakfast: CD Shake & a banana
Lunch: Jacket Potato with prawns in very low fat mayo with salad and an LT Choc Whip
Dinner: 4oz brown rice with extra lean mince chilli & a Muller Light yoghurt
Snacks: A Low Cal/GI muffin (110 cals), an apple, 2 satsumas
Exercise: 25 mins exercise bike & 45 mins brisk walk

Saturday
Breakfast:CD Shake and a 110 cal muffin
Lunch: Chicken & salad
Dinner: Jacket Potato with Low fat fromage frais mixed with a tsp whole grain mustard, 5oz lean steak, broccoli & mushrooms and a Muller Light yoghurt
Snacks: Banana, CD Chocolate Chewy bar, A few grapes
Exercise: 15 mins ex bike, 100 minute walk (17000 steps!!)

Sunday
Breakfast: LT Mousse & a banana
Lunch: Multi grain bagel with 15g extra light Philadelphia & smoked salmon with salad
Dinner: Jacket Potato, half a tin of tuna with very low fat may & half a tin of sweetcorn & salad, then a Muller Light yoghurt
Snacks: An Alpen bar, a 110 cal muffin, a handful of grapes, a small Whiskey & water (!!!!!)
Exercise: 15 mins ex bike, 35 mins walk

Jon
xx

almost half a pound?! :giggle: Jon!!!! Seriously that is nothing to worry about. Weight continually fluctuates and that is nothing!

Don't go getting dissheartenend about it - some people do gain a little on refeed so its nothing to worry about.

Keep up your great menus and your exercise and im sure you will do fine :)

Jon, don't feel bad about your gain. The constipation is definitely a factor. You have also really stepped up your exercise lately so you will be building muscle which weighs heavier. Keep a check on portion sizes. Don't fret, you are doing very well. Just keep going as you are. lots of luck for the coming week.

I'm still feeling really bloated and constipated today. I've taken a dulcolax but all it's done is given me stomach cramps :-( Something must move soon.......

Monday
Breakfast: CD Shake & a banana
Lunch: Tuna sald with balsamic
Dinner: Jacket pot with roast chicken & cabbage and carrots, a Muller Light yoghurt
Snacks:An apple, a CD Chewy bar, a 110cal muffin, a few grapes
Exercise: Short walk and 15 mins on the ex bike

Tuesday:
Breakfast: CD Porridge & a banana
Lunch: Ham salad, Low fat yoghut and a satsuma
Dinner: Left over chicken in a Seeds of Change balti sauce (yumm!) with half a jacket potato, a Muller Light
Snacks: CD Peanut bar, 2 apples a 110 cal muffin
Exercise: Ex Bike (15 mins) and 30 minute brisk walk

Jon
xxx

What are these 110cal muffins yer having jon? I'm intrigued! :)

It's a recipe that was on here somewhere - uses oatbran instead of flour so they're low GI too - I can't find it right now (and I'm at work supposedly ;-) ) so will post it tonight.

Jon
xx

Found it:

2.25 cups oat bran (Flanahans)
1 tbsp baking powder ( I only used a tsp, and they came out grand)
0.25 cup brown sugar, honey, or equivalent Splenda
1.25 cups skimmed milk
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I only used 1)

Flavourings:
Fruit n Nut mix (no candied peel, or glace cherries)
Fresh cranberries (what I used this time)
Frozen raspberries
Blueberries
Blackberries
Apple, cinnamon n rasin
Pear and vanilla extract
Grated carrot, ginger n sultanas
Dried apricot
Pineapple and coconut
Garlic and herb
Tomato puree and chilli paste

All of the above work out at ~110cal per muffin-makes 12

Slightly more decadent is :
Raspberry and grated dark chocolate
Lemon and grated white chocolate
Cheese, garlic and herb

Method:
Preheat oven to 220C/Gas mark 7
Combine oatbran, flavouring of choice, and baking powder in bowl
Mix milk, egg whites, and oil together and blend with oat bran mix.
Spoon into 12 muffin cases
Bake for 17 mins (in an accurate oven-watch carefully the first time)
Test with toothpick, should come out moist, with one or two crumbs adhering to it, but not wet.

Store in plastic bags in refridgerator or freeze for longer storage.

Back