Jon's Refeed Diary

fatless mayo!

Hi Jon, I've been following your progress in anticipation that I will get there eventually! I have found a recipe for a fat free mayonnaise which I am looking forward to using in place of butter (which I love) Thought you might like to have it and if you do try it perhaps you will let me know if its palatable ?
2 c silken tofu; 2 c fat free yogurt; 1 tsp sea salt; 1 tsp. red pepper sauce (or chillie) 2 tbsps rice wine vinegar; 1/2 tsp white pepper; 1 tbsp roast garlic; 1tsp worcester sauce.

Line a colander with cheesecloth or muslin place in bowl; spoon yogurt into colander put in fridge and allow to drain for at least an hour. Chuck out liquid in bowl and put cheese in blender/processor along with tofu and garlic - blend. Add all the rest and blend for three minutes. Adjust seasoning as desired. Keep in air tight container in fridge up to two weeks.

It sounds good to me, but who knows!!

Cheers.

Thanks Annes - I'll give it a try when I get some time and let you know. On the odd ocaision when I have toast I've spread half a squashed banana on it, or for savoury I've used very low fat Philly, but I am trying to limit bread - it was one of my weaknesses in my former fat life and I don't want to go there again!

Still feeling very bloated & uncomfortable today. I'll try another laxative when I get home (which can't come soon enough today)

Jon
xxx

How ya getting on with the bowl movements Jon?!! :giggle:

Im taking a ducolax tonight - bloody need the darn thing!

I've run out of Dulcolax - need to get some more. I took a couple of Sennakot last night but they were no use. Starting to get fed up of this bloated feeling now :-(

Mind you - I've eaten less today so far. Just had a porridge for breakfast - no banana or anything else, then an apple at about 10, and an LT maintenance bar about 11.30. I ate my tuna salad at lunchtime but didn't touch the yoghurt or fruit I'd taken. I'm still not ravenous, so will leave dinner for a bit. I don't know if it's the constipation which is making me feel full, or if the banana I've been having at breakfast has been a trigger. Hmm. I'll have to experiment tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for a "successful" morning tomorrow (IYKWIM ;-s)

Jon
xx

Ikwym! :giggle:

Maybe its something your eating thats making you feel really bloated?

Like i know bread for me sits really heavy and makes me feel bloated so maybe try not having something one day see if it eases up.

:D

Poor Jon. It is a terrible feeling to feel so bloated and uncomfortable. Guess your system is adjusting to food again. The banana is highly indigestible and processed bread is also like sludge in the system. Stick with the porridge with some berries and yoghurt for now. If you must have bread try rye bread as it is better for you and low gl.
As it is the weekend, take two dulcolax and also two motillium(for the bloating) early this afternoon and prepare for an uncomfortable night!!!! I had a bad week a couple of weeks ago and this is what the doc recommended. If it does not work on first day repeat for the second day. It worked first time round for me. Also, eat very little for the next couple of days till you feel emptier as it is all backing up just now. Keep up the fluids.

Thanks Molly. I've not had a banana today or yesterday, and no bread since last weekend so it's not that. I'm going to the chemist near work this afternoon so will pick up some more Dulcolax and Motillium. I took 2 senakot last night but they were no use again.

Jon
xx

Oh Jon I do feel for you. Not being able to poo is the pits. It can really make you grumpy and miserable.

I've had it my whole life. Last week I had a particularly bad week. I had to resort to Senokot Max and glycerin suppositories. That did the job but was unpleasant to say the least.

Bread is my killer, it lays in my tummy and makes me feel as if I've swallowed a brick. My Grandma says that bananas can bind you. She always recommends a banana if someone has the two bobs bits. Oranges and prunes usually help me go.

I really hope you go soon Jon.

X

Oh god - i have a banana 5 days a week! :eek: lol

Sainsbury's do 3 items for £2.50 and I got a pack of Stir fry veg, a pack of rice noodles and a pack of black bean sauce. Half of it was 321 cals - quite a lot but it was a good plateful.

Jon
xx

Saturday morning - BINGO!!

Thank goodness.....

Jon
xx

:giggle:

Quick update -
I lost a pound this week (thank goodness) and have stuck to around 1400 cals a day, and done about 400 cals worth of exercise a day (according to myfitnesspal.com). I'm feeling great but still need Dulcolax unfortunately. Last night I didn't take any and this morning I wished I had :(

Otherwise I'm feeling great. I'm happy maintaining my current weight until we go on holiday (3 weeks tomorrow!!!!!) and then will shift my last few pounds and get to my goal when we get home.

If anyone's interested you can see my food diary at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/dunlop73
It's getting fairly monotonous so I won't keep putting it up here.

My pharmacist has suggested I cut down to one maintenance product a day for this week, so I just got 7 CD porridges for breakfasts and a couple of LT bars for emergency use only.

My Dr has referred me to a plastic surgeon to sort out my flabby bits and I go to see him next Monday. I was amazed that she referred me - I thought she would insist exercise would sort it, but because I am exercising and because I lost the weight myself she suggested plastic surgery herself. If it means I have the confidence to go swimming for the first time in 25 years I will be delighted!! I wouldn't dare to at the moment - some of the flabby bits are horrific without a compression vest on (and thank the Lord for them!!).

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Jon
xxx

Last edited:
Jon, glad you got some relief at last!!!! You will have such energy for your holiday. It will be just wonderful for you. Hope the doc appointment goes well.

Oooh be sure to let us know how you can on with the surgeon :)

I will - I'm going on Monday after my pharmacy visit.

On the constipation front - it's kind of back :(
Dulcolax is not really cutting it for me so I've been recommended Lactulose. I started last night and this morning was a bit better but I'll carry on with it for a few days. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon.

I'm loving the exercise (can't believe I am saying this but it's true). I'm even getting up early and walking round the reservoir before work and it really clears my head and gets me ready for the day. Still using the exercise bike daily too - not quite so enjoyable but I feel good when I've done it and the display says I've burned off loads of calories!

Jon
xx

well done john ..I've been following your refeed diary and you are doing so well ......I am attending a wedding in 2 weeks and will start refeeding next Thursday...I am looking forward to the break from LT but as yet have not decided whether to return to TFR afterwards or go for weight watchers & gym route .....will decide at the time ...anyway god luck with your continued success.

Thanks Ro. Good luck with the rest of your loss. I suppose if you go back on TFR or not depends on how quickly you want to lose the weight, and how disciplined you are. I never did well with WW type diets because they didn't deal with the food problems I had. LT allowed me to look at the addictions from a distance and deal with them (hopefully) for good. If it was me I'd try to get back on TFR as soon as you can after the wedding and really go for it - you'll be done by summer!!

Jon
xx

Wow - this exercise must be making a difference. I have NEVER been able to run, but I have entered myself (with some friends) to run a mile for Sports Relief in a couple of weeks. At half term I tried running round the reservoir (just under 2 miles) and managed less than a quarter of it before having to stop. I haven't tried running since, but have tried to get in a couple of walks every day and I've been using the exercise bike daily too. I thought I'd better have another go this morning and managed to get all the way round. I can't believe it! I feel so much fitter and better than ever before. This diet has made such a difference to my life! I'm really grateful to all my mates on here for keeping me on the straight and narrow! Hope I can manage to keep one or two of the newbies on track too.

Jon (now glowing a bit)
xxx

Back