Joodle and Dukan against the last 11 lbs!!!

Ceri, my bottom is doing a great job of providing its own padding right now, never fear!

get yourself a pair of those sexy padded cycling shorts - your in-built padding is going to be disappearing very soon, at the rate you're going :)

Right, killer Body Pump tomorrow at 7, why on earth am I still up?

yes, i've been meaning to comment on this, you night owl. Shanghai is 7 or 8 hours ahead (DST?), but you're still merrily posting as i catch up on the chat over my morning coffee!

you're so good for doing morning classes. my gym has afternoons and evenings only, unfortunately. hope you made the killer class today!

Haha Caro, I don't think my bum will ever lose it's padding completely but maybe one day I'll need the shorts!

Yeah, I'm a terrible night owl. The awful thing is that I also love getting up early and feeling all ahead of myself. Basically, I wish I didn't have to sleep! I tend to get by on 5 - 6 hours in the week and catch up a bit at weekends. Seems to work for me but I do annoy myself when I'm tired and can't put myself to bed. It's like I'm 7 years old and need someone else to make me go!

Did make bodypump this morning, I love it so not too bad having to get up - my arms were shaking so much afterwards I could hardly put on my mascara.

Shame your gym doesn't do morning classes, I wonder if you could convince them to do a trial and see if there was enough interest? Looks like my gym chain is entering administration mind you, so am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't go under. Will be gutted!

Now, don't want to say this too loudly but....the scales read 8.13 this morning. Won't get excited about having lost a full stone yet as last week I was 8.13.8 on Thursday then promptly went up again for the whole rest of the week. But it was nice to catch a glimpse of it, even if it's fleeting for now!

Jx

Right back atcha Trini! (Is your real name Maria by the way?!) I love your inventive recipes, so am just cruising along in your wake on the cooking front!

Jx

Right back atcha Trini! (Is your real name Maria by the way?!) I love your inventive recipes, so am just cruising along in your wake on the cooking front!

Jx

Maria it is :D

I've thawed out mince tonight but I don't know what I'm doing with it yet.

On a PP day after my slip-up last night *sigh* and I'm not really in the mood for burgers....koftas maybe?

Have you had your oats? I'd we could figure out how to do wraps, you could make a tortilla or burrito or something similar?

Have you had your oats? I'd we could figure out how to do wraps, you could make a tortilla or burrito or something similar?

Yes, I usally have it in the morn with yoghurt.

I'm really missing burritos for lunch, as they do a good one near work with Chipotle Steak, guacamole, rice, sour cream, cheese, salsa and pepper sauce to blow your head off :D

Joodle sent me a link to a oatbran wrap, so I will give it a go soon :)

http://dukanitout.com/dealing-with-oat-bran/

Right, I've decided!

I'm gonna make Moussaka with the mince and carrot muffins (with cream cheese icing) tonight for tomorrow.

Will do something with Tuna as an easy option for dinner :)

You could still have the low fat sour cream, and make something for yourself. The galette thinly made could act as a wrap. Hmmm sounds nice LOL

Where do you get the low fat sour cream from DF? (I keep wanting to change your username to something more positive sounding by the way!!) I've seen half fat stuff but wasn't sure if that's allowed. Spill!

Jx

Dat 22 Cruise PP

Made it to the gym (in my pink wellies, what is going on with this rain?!) and got through a 1 hour body pump ok. The pain didn’t kick in until the next day last week, so am bracing myself! New tracks this week – does anyone do body pump regularly? What the hell are those evil jumping squats all about?

B: FF total yogurt +sweetener+lemon flavouring, 2 vanilla muffins
S: 1 slice smoked salmon, 1/3 tub cottage cheese
L: 120g Dukan ‘quiche’ with veggie sausage, 50g Thai prawns, 2 veggie sausages
S: vanilla muffin, FF toffee yoghurt (emergency as I got held up, footless, while in town and was almost shaking from hunger. V bad planning)
D:1 veggie sausage, 120g trout with mustard and fromage frais sauce. This is my absolute favouring Dukan fish dish.

Exercise: 1 hr body pump, 90 min walk

Uneventful day. Felt shattered at about 4pm, could barely keep my eyes open, which was the first time I’d felt like that since starting really. Must be more disciplined with early nights. Unless it's something to do with this weather as everyone seems to be complaining of being tired.

Lots of walking today because I had to go to City Hall to collect my ID and trilby (yes, you did read that right) for the London ambassadors. Not sure I’ve mentioned this (for fear of ridicule probably) but I am insanely excited about the Olympics and very proud to have a volunteer role associated with it. This excitement and pride is in no way diminished by the fact that it is possibly the most crappy Olympic volunteer role that you can imagine, nor that the uniform is possibly the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I’m so excited that I don’t even care. In case you don’t believe me on the ugly front, here’s a link. London 2012 Olympics: Boris Johnson apologises to volunteers for garish purple uniforms | Mail Online

My Dukan musings today have been around the Relative Badness Scale (or RBS as us scientists call it*) i.e. fat vs carbs. If you had to choose one, which would it be? I’m thinking about this because in a week and a half I’ll be away with work and less able to control what I’m eating. Geneva is not an easy city for those who don’t eat meat and it’s not a place I think of as particularly Dukan friendly. So if I’m faced with a non-Dukan menu, do I choose something with carbs but less fat, or fat but less carbs. Am tending to think fat is less dangerous than carbs, purely because I’ve lost weight in the past with Atkins which is like Dukan but not remotely low fat. Anyone got an answer?

Made extra muffins tonight because my Mum (who doesn't know I'm doing Dukan and has previously expressed severe doubts about it as a diet) was looking at the ones I made for today and hoping I'd let her have one. I love my Mum to bits, but no way was she getting one of my portions of oat bran!! So have made 3 for her and 3 for me. Very intrigued to see what she thinks and if she clocks they're made with sweetener and are 'diet' food. Will report back tomorrow. Ooh, it's another experiment! I nearly am a scientist after all. ;)

Right, off to have an early night, dreaming of the scales still showing 8st 13lb tomorrow morning.

*I made it up about being a scientist. Unless you count a GCSE in biology?

Dat 22 Cruise PP

Made it to the gym (in my pink wellies, what is going on with this rain?!) and got through a 1 hour body pump ok. The pain didn’t kick in until the next day last week, so am bracing myself! New tracks this week – does anyone do body pump regularly? What the hell are those evil jumping squats all about?

B: FF total yogurt +sweetener+lemon flavouring, 2 vanilla muffins
S: 1 slice smoked salmon, 1/3 tub cottage cheese
L: 120g Dukan ‘quiche’ with veggie sausage, 50g Thai prawns, 2 veggie sausages
S: vanilla muffin, FF toffee yoghurt (emergency as I got held up, footless, while in town and was almost shaking from hunger. V bad planning)
D:1 veggie sausage, 120g trout with mustard and fromage frais sauce. This is my absolute favouring Dukan fish dish.

Exercise: 1 hr body pump, 90 min walk

Uneventful day. Felt shattered at about 4pm, could barely keep my eyes open, which was the first time I’d felt like that since starting really. Must be more disciplined with early nights. Unless it's something to do with this weather as everyone seems to be complaining of being tired.

Lots of walking today because I had to go to City Hall to collect my ID and trilby (yes, you did read that right) for the London ambassadors. Not sure I’ve mentioned this (for fear of ridicule probably) but I am insanely excited about the Olympics and very proud to have a volunteer role associated with it. This excitement and pride is in no way diminished by the fact that it is possibly the most crappy Olympic volunteer role that you can imagine, nor that the uniform is possibly the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I’m so excited that I don’t even care. In case you don’t believe me on the ugly front, here’s a link. London 2012 Olympics: Boris Johnson apologises to volunteers for garish purple uniforms | Mail Online

My Dukan musings today have been around the Relative Badness Scale (or RBS as us scientists call it*) i.e. fat vs carbs. If you had to choose one, which would it be? I’m thinking about this because in a week and a half I’ll be away with work and less able to control what I’m eating. Geneva is not an easy city for those who don’t eat meat and it’s not a place I think of as particularly Dukan friendly. So if I’m faced with a non-Dukan menu, do I choose something with carbs but less fat, or fat but less carbs. Am tending to think fat is less dangerous than carbs, purely because I’ve lost weight in the past with Atkins which is like Dukan but not remotely low fat. Anyone got an answer?

Made extra muffins tonight because my Mum (who doesn't know I'm doing Dukan and has previously expressed severe doubts about it as a diet) was looking at the ones I made for today and hoping I'd let her have one. I love my Mum to bits, but no way was she getting one of my portions of oat bran!! So have made 3 for her and 3 for me. Very intrigued to see what she thinks and if she clocks they're made with sweetener and are 'diet' food. Will report back tomorrow. Ooh, it's another experiment! I nearly am a scientist after all. ;)

Right, off to have an early night, dreaming of the scales still showing 8st 13lb tomorrow morning.

*I made it up about being a scientist. Unless you count a GCSE in biology?

Oh my! #ThatUniform

2 times a week is my max, and I've made it for week one of Being-Back-In-The-Gym. 2 different trainers and different tracks in each session, which was unusual. Haven't suffered through jumping squats yet although they sound nightmarish. But the jumping power lunges turn my legs to jelly.

I feel less sore today, so tough as it was, the 2nd session loosened up my muscles. It might just be a delayed effect, though.

Hmm... be careful of this. Dr D is pretty clear: fats are enemy #1, followed by sugars (alcohol being pure sugar). And fat/sugar combos (desserts, biscuits, pastries, etc are deadly). Fats are double the calorie content than carbs per gram and I think this is partly where the 'low carb diets is bad for your heart' story comes from: Atkins lets people think that full-fat cheese is better for you than good ol' potatoes, which is not true. Complex carbs should be fairly safe since they get introduced in Conso anyway, but I think you need to keep up a high proportion of proteins or else you'll slip out of ketosis and that's where the cravings will kick in.

During my conference week, the only rule i broke was alcohol (damn, those pina coladas were good!!), and doing PV all week, but I didn't need to go off plan foodwise. Luckily it was a beach resort and there was plenty of seafood, so I went wild on salmon, prawns, grilled fish and salads. I didn't gain toooo much, but it slowed things down a lot and took a while for me to make up for it - so don't cheat just because you can. If I could do it again i would probably have stuck to wine, which would have been less damaging.

I think you're better off reading the Conso threads and sticking to those guidelines if you have to stray at all. That way you're also getting a taste (hehe) of what Conso will be like for you. But I have to say there are very few situations where you'll be unable to stick to PV. And work things tend to be buffet style so you should be ok.

Hey hun fab diary .....please please please could I have your muffin recipe sounds like you've perfected them and I'm yet to make them xx

I must admit the fats/carb thing has been on my mind recently. For the list of foods we are allowed, not everything is available so when looking for an alternative I do look at the stats but haven't a clue which I should be keeping in mind....now I know LOL, will go with low fat...and as low a carb as possible though it may not always be so.

I guess when you go away its difficult because you will never really know whats on the menu until you are there. All you can do is take it a day at a time and get back on the scales and diet properly as soon as you get back.

What's happening I found you on page 2 !

I don;t think the uniform is the uglist I've ever seen, at least you'll be easily spotted :)

So Missy I spotted a 8.13 post so whats the update on your profile ??????

Do you think whilst on your conference you could try & do PV days ? Just a thought

2 times a week is my max, and I've made it for week one of Being-Back-In-The-Gym. 2 different trainers and different tracks in each session, which was unusual. Haven't suffered through jumping squats yet although they sound nightmarish. But the jumping power lunges turn my legs to jelly.

I feel less sore today, so tough as it was, the 2nd session loosened up my muscles. It might just be a delayed effect, though.

How did it go Caro? My second week of Body Pump was nowhere near as painful as the first either - our muscles were just punishing us for the gap! And just you wait - jumping power lunges were in the last round - never come across the killer jumping squats before...keep your eyes peeled!

Also, good advice about being away, thanks. I'm not worried so much about falling off the wagon as I"m feeling pretty dedicated, I'm just worried we'll be eating out places where there aren't meat-free proteins available. (It's not an event as such, so we won't be having buffet meals, we'll eat out wherever we want in the evenings.) Will take some tins of things and maybe even stash some boiled eggs etc. Some nights it will be fine (I'll be pushing for sushi!) but usually if we're in Geneva we go at least once to this place on the lake that does cheese fondu and cheese fondu only. With chunks of bread to dip in it and plates of charcuterie (which I don't eat) and pickles. I mean, I love pickles but not sure they can be my entire dinner!! Will deal with that if it comes to it. May just come clean and say I'm on a diet so not partaking.

Having now gone 4 whole weeks without booze (well, I will have by the end of today), I think I might start letting myself have the odd glass of red wine. Will avoid sugary cocktails for now but wine I think I might be ok with. It's going to be an interesting food week and I think I just have to be extra prepared with contingency rations!

Hey hun fab diary .....please please please could I have your muffin recipe sounds like you've perfected them and I'm yet to make them xx

Thanks Nic! My muffin recipe is taken from this thread:http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/281618-ellie1969-anyone-who-can-help-me-her-muffin-recipe.html

I use Ellie's recipe and my only extra hint would be to get the egg to room temperature first. It's so super quick - takes me no more than 5 mins to mix the batter then 20 to bake. I only use 2 level tbsp sweeteners which I find is plenty, but I've been trying to limit the amount of the stuff that I use so you may want more. I use Stevia.

For flavourings, so far I've tried chocolate, with 1 tsp cocoa and a capful of chocolate extract; lemon, with lemon zest and lemon flavouring and vanilla. They've all been good.

Trudy also has some great variations using rhubarb and ginger and stuff - details in the thread.

Let me know how you get on - I had some completely failed muffins at first (I was using wheat germ instead of wheat bran by mistake) but now I have to force myself to have something different for breakfast - and they're so darn easy to make!

Jx

Back