Jo's food log

Hi Jo,
I hope you don't mind me joining in with the RTM group - I'm only 4 weeks into LL but know that RTM is gonna be the secret to my success so am dead interested to see how you are all handling it!
Wow, what a fab night you must've had mixing with the celebs ... lucky you:)
My worries about eating again are the same as the things you've logged so far so i hope I deal with it as well as you.
Good luck for the rest of RTM ... I'll keep lurking and picking up tips from you, Jez and the rest of the skinny gang ;)

yoyo
xx

Hey Jo - I think you acted in a very adult way. How amazing did you feel - all dolled up and in the company of household names!

Alcohol does seem to induce carb cravings - certainly Daisy and Sean documented this on their journeys as well. Something to be aware of for me too - as a student I used to always hit the toaster hard on return from a night in the pub.

Did you get any pics or autographs? Or are the memories of hobnobing with the stars imprinted on your mind forever?

xx

Hey Jo

Sounds like a wicked night out- funny I heard them talking about it on the radio yesterday morning on my way into work. You must have looked stunning in your new dress. How lovely to see all the celebs and feel like a star!!! Well you are a star, look how far you have come.

Very adult choice re the champagne, Am relly looking forward to having one soon. I would do the same in your shoes, but have not had a special enough occasion.

I will also watch out for the carb cravings afterwards thanks for the tip. Hehehehe, guess it's why blokes always go get a kebab or a curry after a night out!!

Hope you are all snuggled up in bed having a great rest.

Jo
xx

Morning! Am feeling a bit better today after a proper nights sleep! I did end up going to Pilates last night (wasn't going to as I was knackered) as I thought that I had had the champagne so I had to do something to get rid of them - I think this is how normal "thin" people think, so maybe all the counselling has worked.

Didn't get any autographs or photos as it wasn't really the done thing - it was fab just mingling with them all and isn't something I am going to forget for a while!

I felt fab and normal - not like a complet elephant which I would have done previously. Thinking about it now there weren't any overweight people there. Previously at functions I would always look around to see if there was anyone bigger than me, I didn't do that. Admittedly compared to the celebs I was still quite big but I think that is to be expected! I felt happy and confident, if a little awestruck by it all - I wish I could be cooler about these things but I can't!

Today is another opportunity to burn some calories as well - we have a fun event at work where we are being put into teams and doing an It's a Knockout competition. So amongst other things I will be running obstacle courses dressed as a giant inflatable pensioner - just what I need a fat suit after losing all this weight!

Right, hope everyone has a good day and see you later xx

Hey Jo, what a fabulous time you must have had, sounds great. How did you get that glam number? Sounds like fun to work in your place.

Re the alcohol, my LLC always says that it's sometimes better to have a small lapse as this is where we get to learn things, and you did. so go on you for taking the positive from it, while still making an adult decision...:)

wow sounds like fun!

oh dear, not sure about the fat suit, mind you will be a good 'reminder'/incentive not to get big again!

daisy x

Haven't been here for the last couple of days so hope everyone is OK and doing well.

It's a knockout was much more entertaining than I first thought it would be, no fat suits for me thank god! Although I did get completely soaked to the skin on a rubber ring and fetching socks out of an inflatable washing machine FILLED with foam. It was fun but now I don't have my layer of fat to keep me warm I got so very cold towards the end that I was cold for the whole evening. Got home afterwards and was knackered - although one of the exciting things was that they had a BBQ afterwards and had done some chicken skewers so I could have a couple of those. I got some fab comments whilst I was there along the lines of "you look even skinnier without layers of clothes on" (I was in leggings and a t-shirt) and "look how skinny your legs are". All lovely!

Had a quick dinner of a cottage cheese salad before my weigh-in on Thursday night and off I popped. Lost half a pound which I was happy with because I had had two big weeks previously (6.75lbs in two weeks) and I'd had my champagne. Told my LLC about my champagne to which she rolled her eyes and said "that's not till week 5!" but I think she understood.

Last night my salad was a lot more interesting as I got to have my week 2 veg. I mixed some paprika and lf yoghurt into a paste and marinated my chicken in that for a couple of hours and popped it in the oven. My salad had my normal rocket and watercress but with cucumber (I've been lusting after it for about 19 weeks now!), a bit of red pepper and some radishes, I also made up some tatziki to go with it - it definitely looked more interesting than last weeks greenery. For my pudding I had a sugar free jelly and some Yeo Valley blueberry yoghurt - delish.

Today I've had a good walk into town and then around and back home so a few calories gone there and then tonight we are going out for dinner! It's a friend's birthday and we're going to a mexican. I've already looked at the menu on line and they do a grilled chicken and prawn salad, so I'll check what's in the salad when I get there and ask them to leave the dressing out. I'm thinking about taking a bottle of balsamic in my bag to put over the top of the salad to give it a bit of lubrication. I'm very excited about being able to go out and participate in a meal again!

So far today food wise, I've had my cranberry bar and a jelly and some yoghurt as well as a coffee in town, so it's all going well so far. Am a little concerned about going down to 2 packs next week for some reason which is silly as I'm struggling to get 3 down now - I think it's a comfort blanket type thing as I know exactly what is in the packs and that if I have those then I won't put on weight but now that blanket is being gradually removed. It's strange the psychological aspect of this eating malarky!

enjoy your meal later - i love mexican food!

week 3 was the worst week for me - as you say i think its partly psychological as the packs made me feel safe and going down to 2 was scary!

you will be fine tho you are doing great

daisyx

So haven't been about much over the last couple of days - for some reason don't feel the urge to post much about the whole eating thing. I think I've got overload! I just want to get on with life but feel really disingenuous for thinking like that because if everyone else felt like that then I wouldn't have got nearly as much out of it, so sorry really.
Enjoyed my dinner tonight - had 140g of prawns, rocket, watercress and cucumber along with some light 1000 island dressing and lemon juice. One lovely prawn cocktail! Along with a sugar free jelly and some yoghurt. Yummy yummy.
It's strange talking about food and what I am eating as I am trying very hard not to make a big deal about it - as BL was once heard to say - it's only food. I am enjoying it (mostly), some bits more than others but in some ways I feel more of a freak now as everyone is interested in what my first food was, how is it and seem to want a blow by blow account of everything that I have eaten. I know they are being very kind and sweet and I feel quite guilty for feeling like this but I am just trying to get back to normal.

Does any of this self pittying ramble make sense?
xx

Aww Jo, it's not self pittying, it's just you being normal. We all wax and wane with how much time we devote to here and how much we want to participate. Give yourself a break, you've had a busy few weeks and it can all get a bit OTT at times.

AGreed Jo. There are no rules that you must post your foods. :) ;) But I understand where you are coming from.

I made sure my first few meals were when I was home alone - Ihad visions of my hubby and his mum and dad sat like vultures with eyes the size of saucers watching my every bite! LOL So I understand that too. But I did actually enjoy the commaradrie felt at work when colleagues would enjoy my delight at the first bit of an apple in a year, etc. It all depends on the motives of those watching. I had all positive support and genuine interest, so it was OK.

Anyway - carry on, however it works best for you! :)

x

Hey Jez and everyone else! Yep I am still alive and still on track. Life has been manic recently - was in London all over the weekend and then in Edinburgh on Tuesday/Wednesday so feel like I have seen a lot of the country in the last week!
Still on track foodwise and had a good weeks weigh in, losing 3lbs and finally cracking the 100lb barrier which is great.
Work has been crazy over the last 3 weeks and not in a good way - a lot of stress and dealing with some quite serious issues which haven't particularly put me in a good light - but we move on from that. The positives that I take from it are that I haven't reached for the food and to be honest I haven't even thought about doing it.
Have had a bit of a problem with fruit this week as I feel I could just graze at it all day which is dangerous - but again the good news is that I know I am doing it and will reign it in, although it obviously hasn't been too much this week otherwise I wouldnt' have lost...
Looking forward to being able to cook my veg tonight (I really should get out more!) and having a "proper" hot meal.
Anyway, hope everyone is doing good and will catch up with everyone's news soon
xx

So happy to hear it is going well for ya hun, the cooked veg is awesome!!! Let me know when you are next in London and if you have time to hook up for a coffee.

Hugs

Jez
xx

Definitely would be up for that xx

Morning all!
Yesterday was quite exciting as it marked the first time my OH and I went out for something to eat since the 15th April (day before I started LL). Now between me being quite pernickity about what I can have and him being veggie (you would be surprised how little choice there still is in some places) it was quite interesting.
We went to Moomba, an Australian restaurant in town. So what did I have? Chargrilled Roo! It was delish - I've had it before but got them to check that it was low fat (which it was) - it was supposed to have come with 3 king prawn skewers with lime butter, jacket potato, bread and salad. So there was me saying, "no lime butter, no bread, no potato thanks - oh and the roast veggies side dish - does that get cooked in any oil? No, oh good - if it does I won't have it" etc etc. Fussy bugger I've turned into!
So it turned up and it was lush. Unfortunately the prawns were in their bodies still which I don't like touching but never mind. Roast veggies were good although there was a lot of squash which I am not tehnically supposed to have till Thursday but what the hell - push the boat out! It also came with coleslaw which I had a couple of fork fulls of and left the rest - again not technically allowed but it was nice to taste it.
After that went to the cinema to see the Imaginareum of Dr. Parnassus -I enjoyed it suprisingly, I'm not a great fan of Terry Gilliam films but OH is - the last film of his I saw at the cinema was 12 Monkeys which I walked out of! I really quite enjoyed it even it was really very odd. We got a small tub of salt popcorn after checking that it didn't have any butter on it and it was air popped (apparently it is) and that was lovely.
So all in all a lovely evening feeling like I am joining in with the general populous - I guess food wise there were some things that weren't entirely allowed but I am viewing RTM less as being "perfect" more about learning to strike a balance...

Jo sounds like you had a fantastic day!! I am quite envious of your mental attitude, I still focus on the minutae far too much, but I suppose whatever works for each of us :) I love roo, it is yummy, try some ostrich too if you can get your hands on stuff very lean and low fat, even less than chicken and stunning marinated in some fat free yoghurt, juniper and red wine :)

Jez
xx

Hi Jez, I guess part of my problem is that I don't focus on the minutae! I was always "ah some of that won't hurt" and all of a sudden I ended up at just under 20 stone, so clearly it does!
I have a very strong rebellious child in me and I need to reign it in but I have decided that today I will be ultra good and I guess it is about striking that balance. I have a huge fear of putting some weight on and am not looking forward to the inevitable day when that will come. I am trying to prepare for it mentally but don't know how I will be when it does happen.
I've decided tonight will be chicken curry night and I am quite looking forward to it - I will be trying it with a suggestion on here (not sure who from, might have been Min) about mashed cauliflower being a potato substitute. I might try and get a ricer and try and put it through that. I could also try quinoa but last time followed the instructions and it looked like stodge!

Back