Joskelly getting going

Joskelly

Here we go
Just had a final toad in the hole this evening and getting started on Monday.
I'm planning a 4 day attack phase starting on Monday
Starting weight will be around 14 stone with true weight of 11 stone 2lbs.
Oatbran soaking in milk for breakfast tomorrow and I have smoked mackerel and a hard boiled egg for lunch
I will post a starting weight tomorrow morning
Jo

Last edited:
Thank you - will try to set my profile up tomorrow

I must admit, I'm a bit worried about the wine (lack of) situation

:family2: Just put this in cos I love it -never seen one like this before.
(I have 1 older plus twins)

Last edited:
I know what you mean about the wine! I am two weeks on the wagon, and not missing it now, but the first couple of days were tough, wouldn't have managed on any other diet but Dukan is so clear about not drinking that I knew I had to refrain or there was no point doing it!

Good luck x

Good luck Joskelly!
I've been doing this for a week and am really enjoying it.
You made me chuckle about having toad in the hole before you started - I did exactly the same and ate stodgy stuff and drank the weekend before I started!

1st day safely negotiated
Oatbran porridge for breakfast - not the nicest thing I've ever tasted but not the worst.
I've had a suggestion for putting vanilla onken in it but went to T£sco today and they didn't have any. Had no fat strawberry yoghurt but I didn't buy any as I'm sure I've read somewhere it's a no no.Lunch was smoked mackerel fillet - I love the stuff, I was a bit worried about the calories but I understand I don't need to count them and thoroughly enjoyed the fish (140g)Just before leaving work I had a hard boiled egg left over from lunch then got home, went out T or T'ing with the kids - no, I didn't eat any sweets.
Dinner was mince and pasta for the kids and dh, just a large plate of mince for me. I have some left over which I will take to work for lunch tomorrow.
No wine tonight:) I hope I can keep this up.I'm sure I read somewhere about getting weighed every day, is that right?
I wouldn't want to get weighed, find I lose nothing and then blow it.

Sent a long post about my day earlier and it's gone to a moderator!
Have I been naughty?
Dukan book arrived from Amazon today I started reading it straight away!

I meant to add, how do I know my goal date?
I'm hoping I could be well on the way there my March 2012 when I have a mega holiday booked

Last edited:
I'm talking to myself!

According to Dr Dukans site I have 8 days of attack:eek:
136 days of cruise
194 days of consolidation

I should be at my true weight (he says 11 stone) by 24th March 2012
I go on holiday on 16th March 2012:sigh:
If I can be well on my way to 11 stone by the time I go I would be more than please
ATM - just please not to have succumbed to any wine today

Attack day 2
Almost at the end of day 2 and still plodding on.
Breakfast Oatbran porridge with canderel. I used a bit too much milk so it was very runny but tasted better than yesterdays effort
Lunch - leftover mince from yesterday
Hard boiled egg around 4.00pm
Smoked haddock (a favourite) for dinner tonight.
I've been reading the book at times throughout the day and trying to keep my fluid intake up.
I can't access this site at work so surf the net for other dukan sites to get inspiration and ideas

Last edited:
Hi Joskelly
I started yesterday too! I have 4 stone to lose. Sounds to me like you're doing everything right, although I'm a newbie too!
I weighed this morning and was 1.5 down so far.
Kiki

Hi Joskelly
I started yesterday too! I have 4 stone to lose. Sounds to me like you're doing everything right, although I'm a newbie too!
I weighed this morning and was 1.5 down so far.
Kiki

Thank you for reading - I have read a few other diaries and I understand I am supposed to get weighed every day during attack so I'll get weighed tomorrow and post a weight
Jo

Well done Joskelly what a great start you have made. Understand totally about the wine, I was drinking a wee glass every night before I started this diet and I was sure I would miss it and give in to temptation but 8 weeks on I have been t total apart from my birthday when I had vodka and diet coke!!! I didn't weigh at all in attack so that I wasn't influenced by what the scales said and I had a lovely surprise at the end of it when I had lost 10lbs! Everyone is different and some people are spurred on by seeing the scales every day! I think whatever works. Good luck.

Well done Joskelly what a great start you have made. Understand totally about the wine, I was drinking a wee glass every night before I started this diet and I was sure I would miss it and give in to temptation but 8 weeks on I have been t total apart from my birthday when I had vodka and diet coke!!! I didn't weigh at all in attack so that I wasn't influenced by what the scales said and I had a lovely surprise at the end of it when I had lost 10lbs! Everyone is different and some people are spurred on by seeing the scales every day! I think whatever works. Good luck.

Er I had got into the habit of drinking a (not so) wee bottle every night. That's why I had to do this diet - it's all or nothing.
Others like WW or slimming world allow wine in moderation whereas I can't have a glass or two and put the bottle aside. (DH doesn't drink at all)
I don't drink spirits at all so low fat alternatives e.g Gin and Slimline are out.
I'm up to sweeteners in the book and he mentions aspartame - is Candarel aspartame?
Jo

Hi Jo

Yes canderel is aspartame so is allowed and you can also get other supermarket own brands which are cheaper.

I started Monday, uurrrm yesterday - 2 days and I feel like I have been doing it for weeks. I have a long road in front of me so looking for recipe inspiration tonight!

Porridge for brekkie, chicken for lunch, mackeral for tea and some yoghurt and seafood sticks for snacks. So far so good......although think I need more fluids now. I am keeping a daily diary so if I lose my mojo I can look back and inspire myself! Also keeping a book of recipes I have tried and enjoyed.

I'm quite liking not having much choice at the moment and not having to feel guilty about picking at things
In addition to my 3 meals I have picked
1 tablespoon tuna
I slice of wafer thin ham
1 slice smoked salmon (lovely)
I bought a fat free natural vanillla yoghurt today and will try that tomorrow with the oatbran for breakfast
I have chicken breasts in the fridge at work for lunch tomorrow and will take in a hard boiled egg. I like to snack on something toward the end of the afternoon, until this week it was my 3pm digestive! so now it is my 4pm boiled egg.
Thinking of having scrambled egg and salmon for dinner tomorrow but will see how I feel when I get home
No wine today (yay) the evening seems longer but that's no bad thing.
Just rememberd I need to take my multivit before bed, my teeth feel nice and shiny clean ( although they may not look it) it must be the lack of red wine.
Jo

Did you get weighed? I've lost 4 now-amazing! I'm starting to get a bit bird too, will need to read some recipes I thunk. Will be fine once I can include veggies. Today I'll have
B: hard boiled egg, yoghurt
L: cottage cheese with ham
S: galette
D: ham omelette, yoghurt

I got weighed 13 stone 10.6 so 4 and a bit down - will post 4 down
Planning a different brekkie yoghurt and oatbran - or maybe not

Back