Journey to lose 2 stone, food diary on EE!!

I seem to have mince all the time as I always pick it up so I am always finding different things to do with it!! I made a mousakka type dish with it yesterday-obviously beef instead of lamb and that was really nice, just like lasagne but with aubergine slices instead of lasagne sheets really.
Have run out of ideas now though, need some inspiration :p

Sunday-went well until the evening, I had a snickers ice cream, packet of niknaks, wine and another lolly. Think I had about 40 syns. So having to flexi syn again. Determined to stick to plan this week which might be tough as I'm off work.

Monday
B-2 weetabix with skimmed milk & sweetener (Hex a/b)
L-Lean bacon in wholemeal roll (Hex b & 1 syn)
D-Mousakka (Hex a)
2 mullerlights with mixed berries
200ml red wine (7 syns)
Snicker icecream (9 syns)

Total 17 syns

Last edited:
What a great idea the Mousakka is!! Another idea using mince ha ha!! Do you put cheese over the top layer of aubergines? And how thick or thin do you slice them?? Really want to try this!!

Your diary today sounds fab! Although I liked the sound of Sunday's too, I haven't had Nik Naks in ages and the ice cream makes my mouth water he he!!

What are your plans for this week whilst you're off school?

Hi Becky, I sliced the aubergine about 1cm each. I put the slices in a collander, sprinkled with salt and left for 20 mins then rinsed them, patted them dry and fried them in frylight until soft. That is what all the recipes say to do, something to do with removing the bitterness of them.
I make a cheese sauce mix from melted quark, eggs and milk (you can ommit the egg) pour over the top of the aubergines and then sprinkle the cheese on. I really liked it as it is like lasagne without the sheets really!!
Plans for this are mainly school related work so will be busy most of this week doing that.
Think I might gain when I weigh on Wednesday as feel heavier, like the over eating has caught up. I really don't know why I'm struggling so much, I was so focused at first lol. Getting to 9 stone 12 is a major mini target for me at the moment as it was my weight when I got married.

Thanks for the tips on the Mousakka Josie, will definitely try that one!
I think I'm just going to be laid back about my weight loss, it's really slowed down lately and nothing seems to speed it up so I'm going to stop trying to make it happen and just see what happens if that makes sense!! I just love the food I've been eating on Red days, wish I'd tried them sooner!!

I was going to ask how you think you'll do on Wednesday, I'm sure you'll be fine, and even if you have a slight gain you're so close to 9st 12lbs you'll get there soon enough!! The lightest I've been in adult life is 9st 10lbs so I think that's in my mind as my goal!! But the thing with SW is that as long as you can stick to plan (easier said than done) you can just keep going and you'll get there eventually, that's what I love so much!! xx

We've both so close to our mini goals then Becky!! I just need to pull my finger out and focus lol

Tuesday red day

Wholemeal roll with fry light egg (Hex B)
2 portions of Ham and onion quiche (2x Hex A)
sw chocolate truffles (14 syns)

Weigh in tomorrow, not looking hopeful

Last edited:
Hi Josie! Good luck for today, just had my weigh in and lost absolutely nothing!!
But I'm not too disappointed as I'm loving SW, hoping for a loss next week!! xx

Hi Becky,

STS for me as well. But then I expected that. Lots of people tend to lose more on their second week of sw so maybe you will. I think that the older you get the harder it becomes to lose weight as I used to lose it so quickly in my early 20s but in my 30s it comes off much slower.
Have you got a tape measure? Might be worth checking if you are losing inches even when not losing pounds. I have read through some other girlies diaries and they have been doing that and have said that their measurements have got smaller but not their weight lol!!
I'm hoping we'll both be really lucky this time next week with our losses. :)

Hi Josie! I think I've become a bit scared of eating today lol! Hardly ate anything compared to what I've been eating this last week! And you're so right about age being a factor, I know some people say it's a myth but in my early 20's I always lost 6lbs my first week, 3lbs second and then 1-1.5lbs a week afterwards. Now it seems to be 3lb first week, 1.5lb second week and then struggling to lose 2lbs a month!! ARGH!! Never mind we'll get there hon, we WILL lose next week ha ha!! xx

Yes we will definitely lose next week Becky even if it's just a pound!! any amount will be a bonus.

I have decided I am going to start counting down on syns again over the week. It seemed to work for me before as it meant that when I went off the rails, I managed to get back on track the following days so I was still in syns for the week. So I am going to do that this week and start today with 105. If I don't lose next week I'm going to reduce to 70 a week.

Wednesday Red day

2 slices of sw quiche (Hex A x 2)
skimmed milk for coffee (1 syn)
sw choc truffles (13 syns)
mixed berries and mullerlight
2 weetabix, choc spread and syrup (hex B & 6 syns)

20/105 syns-85 syns left.

Last edited:
Thursday red day

3 rashers lean bacon and 1 egg
turkey pieces
bottle of bulmers cider (12 syns)
nescafe cappucino (3.5 syns)
SW doner kebab (hex B)
mullerlight

35.5/105 syns -69.5 syns left

Last edited:
Your diary is looking so good Josie! Did you eat the weetabix 'raw' on Wednesday? I've seen it many times in diet mags but never tried it, can't imagine what it would taste like!! xx

I mushed the weetabix up with the syrup and nutella that I had warmed in the microwave. It gave me the sweet hit that I needed and filled me up at the same time!!

I feel focused this week, I am determined to keep counting down so that I only use 105 syns over the week. I am feeling really hopeful for a loss on Wednesday so am going to stay in check this weekend and keep the water consumption up as that always helps me on :)

Oh we are both sounding so positive aren't we Josie!! Good luck for the weekend! xx

Your weetabix sounds yummy, I've read before of people spreading jam on a weetabix and eating it like a cracker but it's never appealed to me!

ooh not sure I could manage a weetabix with jam on top lol!! Not something I think I'd ever fancy hehe

Friday red day

2 alpen light (Hex B)
Milk (Hex A)
bacon and eggs
sw kfc chicken and home made coleslaw (hex B & 2 syn for vlf mayo)
Bottle Bulmers (12 syns)
35ml jameson's and diet pepsi (4 syns)

53.5/105 syns 51.5 syns

Morning,

Im restarting and lookin for inspiration.

Keep going you are doing well. I know what you are saying about it getting harder, I am 40 this year and really struggling so stick with it x

I know what you mean about it getting harder as you get older!I am 52 and finding it a slow process.I feel GOOD as I am eating very healthy food all the time BUT it is a slow loss and I can't shift the middle fat!Anyone else know what I mean?Is it hormonal at this age ,the middle age spread????
I need to shift this extra stone I have gained in the last 3 yrs.

Back