Journey to lose 2 stone, food diary on EE!!

Hi Josie!

Just popping by to say well done so far, and wishing you look for this week!

I usually save up one of my HEB's and then have warmed up mushy weetabix with some splenda when I need a sugar fix :D

x

Thanks guys for the replies :D
Hanloje-good luck with slimming world, I only started 2 months ago and you soon get into the swing of things, loads of good advice on these forums, to be honest I don't think I would have stuck to it without the help on here :)
Oh dear Carrie, here I am moaning about weight loss being hard in my 30s and I guess its harder again being older!! Our metabolisms slow down as we get older and we lose muscle mass which makes weight gain more common and weight loss harder :(. But you can do it!! My mum lost 4 stone on sw and she is 60 and loves her food so I think you'll have no problem with 1 stone, I bet you're quite slim already ;).
I'm so glad someone else understands the warmed up weetabix Elaine, always wondered if I was a little crazy hehe xx

Saturday red day

2 weetabix with milk and sweetener (Hex A/B)
2 alpen lights (6syns)
2 nescafe cappucinos (7 syns)
1 SW KFC drummer (1.5 syn for breadcrumbs)
SW doner kebab with homemade coleslaw (1 syn)
Sugar free jelly (1/2 syn)
3 mini cheddars (1 syn)
2 35ml jamesons and diet pepsi's (8 syns)

78.5/105 26.5 left

Sunday red day

Wholemeal toast with low fat spread and marmalade (Hex b & 4.5 syns)
1 Alpen light (Hex B)
Steak with all fat cut off
x 2 Chocolate biscuit (7 syns)
Mug cocoa (Hex A, 1 syn)
3 mullerlights

91/105- 14 syns left

Last edited:
Hi Josie! Well done for keeping within syns this weekend!!

Are you still updating today's diary, looks like steak is your only meal lol! xx

Becky I did only eat steak as a meal yesterday but did have 3 mullerlights, 1 alpen light and 2 choc biscuits at tea time and think thats why I didn't have another meal lol. Was proud as I still stayed within syns.

The story today is a different one unfortunately, this afternoon I ate a 200g bar of fruit and nut chocolate and a snickers icecream. That's about 1300kcals worth of chocolate :eek:
So its Flexi syn today and I am very disappointed in myself as really thought I would have a 100% week, I can't even explain why I did it and the chocolate binge left me feeling so sick and it upset my stomach as I am not used to it. It's a shame because this morning I looked in the mirror and actually thought that I had a body worthy of wearing a bikini again, maybe a little flabby still around the middle but certainly not the shameful body that was staring back at me just after Christmas!!

That's so funny because my day has gone a bit off the rails too! I wanted to go out today but my son didn't so I was stuck at home all day bored rigid and OH had bought fresh cookies into the house! It took until lunch time til it all got too much and the afternoon just went from bad to worse! I'm sure I won't lose this week now, argh!! What am I like?? I bet you'll lose hon, don't worry!!

Well done on your bikini body! The weight still isn't shifting much off my thighs and legs, My torso and shoulders are getting so boney, why am I still losing it from top and not bottom when there's loads to lose below my waist, so depressing lol! xx

I know what you mean Becky, I am the opposite, my legs and bum have got smaller and I have lost weight from my tummy and mid section but there is still way too much flab there for my liking!! Would rather have some of the fat shifted to my legs lol.
Don't worry about the binge, you do so well and everyone needs to get it out of their system once in a while like you said. I had another bad day yesterday so didn't even bother posting a food diary.
But I have weighed today and have lost 2 pounds, so finally some more weight has come off. Good luck today with weighing and with your plan today.

Wow! Well done Josie! Another 2lbs that's brilliant!! Just half a pound for me but better than nothing :0) xx

Well done Becky on reaching 10 stone 7, just think how far you've come since just after Christmas, you should be proud of yourself. :)

Wednesday red day

3 bananas
cocoa (hex a & 1 syn)
wholemeal toast with low spread and marmalade (hex B & 6 syns)
2 finger orange kitkat (5.5 syns)
slice of ham
sw doner kebab (Hex B & 1syn)
Mullerlight and berries

12.5 syns

Thanks Josie :0)

Do you stop eating after your tea or do you have a few snacks in the evening? That's the time when I can blow a whole day! xx

In general my worse time is the evening, that is when I tend to give in with snacks or end up having some alcoholic drinks. Day times are generally the easy parts lol

Thursday red day

Weetabix, semi skimmed milk, sweetener (Hex B & 5 syns for milk)
2 bananas
cheese and tomato sandwich (Hex B & Hex A & 2 syns for butter)
apple
choc rice crispie cake (? 10 syns)
3 cups of coffee (1.5 syns)
sw kfc chicken-5 drumsticks (6 syns)
2 glasses wine (12 syns)

36.5 syns

49/105 56 syns left for the week

Bad day today, forgot lunch and food on offer at work was not sw friendly at all. I have really lost focus. Must get back to it tomorrow as worried I have gained.

Your day doesn't sound that bad Josie, don't worry too much!!

I have decided to challenge myself to see if I can refrain from eating after 7pm. First night tonight and I'm hungry lol! xx

Hi Becky, sorry haven't been on in a couple of days but unfortunately I have gone off the rails completely. Have been off plan and am having trouble finding my way back on track.
I am going to try and get it out of my system today and start a fresh tomorrow as I know that I am probably going to have gained 2 or 3 pounds and to be honest I'm feeling rough from eating junk and not drinking water.
I will try tomorrow to restart, going to go on EE instead of red to see if a change boosts me back into things. I have some mug shots so can take those to work and also plenty of fruit and an alpen light. Then maybe cottage pie for tea. I don't lose as well on EE but it might be boredom that is causing me to go off the rails on red. Will have to remember to get 1/3 in though xx

As I sit here, fat, full, sick and down, I am making the plan for tomorrow for my diary. Back to basics I think and going to try EE again.

Monday's EE plan

Brek-1 alpen light, 1 banana
Snack-alpen light, plums (hex B) Coffee (1 syn)
Mocha-(5 syns)
Dinner-Cottage pie, garden peas (hex a-cheese) (6 syns for butter/milk in mash)
Mulleright
2 rocky robins (10 syns)

22 syns

Last edited:
Hi Josie! So glad to see you back, I was worried about you as you said you were struggling! Don't worry about the last few days, just remember that bikini body!! xx

Right have updated today's food diary, went over syns slightly but it is a heck of a lot better than the last few days. I am going to try really hard now as I don't want to undo my hard work. Have weighed today and looks like I have gained 2 pounds but I will wait for Wednesday's official wi as there may still be more to go on yet as I really pigged out yesterday :(
Have been at the brink of quitting but really want to get to my target of 9 stone 7. I have an award ceremony to go to 1 July and would love to get a nice dress and be at target for that. Gives me just under 17 weeks, if I can imagine 1 pound a week then I can do it :)

Don't quit Josie, you've done so well and have just had a little blip, why let a few bad days wreck a few good months??

And tomorrow make sure you have a proper lunch or I will tell you off he he!! xx

Back