Extra Easy Days Journey to mini- target #3 // 1lb lost - 5.5lbs to go

Diary #27 Thursday 12th May

B: overnight oats with raspberries
D: Chicken + Boiled Egg Salad (cucumber, tomatoes, gherkins, pickled onions, beetroot, carrot)
T: Chicken Stew (carrot, swede, onion, mushroom, potatoes

Snacks: melon, strawberries, pear, 2 plums, clementine,
Syns: pork pie (9) curly wurly (6)
Total Weekly Syns: 94/105

S/SS: cucumber, tomatoes, gherkins, pickled onions, beetroot, carrot, melon, strawberries, pear, plum, clementine, swede, onion, mushroom = 14/10

So the tea party today went great and was enjoyed by both parents and children and not a snack passed my lips. To be honest i didnt even think about it, so i clearly didn't want it.
Also, from next week i am going to be counting my 15 syns daily rather than having 105 to use over the week, i think this is going to help me control the extras i am choosing to have.

Last edited:
Diary #28 Friday 13th May

B: overnight oats, raspberries
D: Chicken, Boiled Egg Salad (cucumber, tomatoes, gherkins, pickled onions, beetroot, carrot)
T: Chicken Lasagne (1.5), Beans, Mushrooms

Snacks: pear, apple, 2 plums, pineapple
Syns: Cheese Sauce (1.5),
Total Weekly Syns: 95.5/105

S/SS: raspberries, cucumber, tomatoes, gherkins, pickled onions, beetroot, carrot, baked beans, mushrooms, pear, apple, plums, 12/10

Today has been the longest day ever i swear. I am proud that i resisted tea party leftovers at work though; i said no to scones and sausage rolls. Go me! Where is this willpower when the sausage rolls are on the side in the kitchen at home? Nowhere to be seen that's where.

Weigh day tomorrow, not sure how i think i have done yet. I have done well with the speed foods challenge, but i am not sure how much of each fruit or veg you have to eat to actually make a difference to your weightloss. I will continue trying to fit at least 10 in each day net week too, this will also let me see if doing it a full 7 days makes a difference.

I am also thinking about doing a few SP days, when i understand it a bit more. Maybe the week after next.

This weekend i am planning on trying to make a bolognese sauce, i can use and freeze. I have never made bolognese before so i shall let you know how it goes. I also want to make a tagliatelle, i found a recipe that uses quark for a creamier sauce so i want to try that too.

Weighed in this morning at 12st 10, 1/2lbs so a loss of 1 1/2lbs this week.

I'm happy with that, i think i am a slow loser, but i am happy that it wasn't another maintain. Also, i'm only 1/2lb off my end of May target :D which i will hopefully reach net week.

I'm having a day off SW today. Not going completely food crazy but not sticking to plan either. I will do some cooking later though and prep overnight oats for the week.

Just deciding what to eat for the week. Any ideas?

Hello! Just thought that since I've read your diary, it would be rude to read and run.

Two things spring to mind from reading your diary, you've mentioned that you don't think you drink enough, well this is about my 4th or 5th go on SW over the last 20 years or so - this time I'm finding it much easier which is strange as a) weight-loss is harder as you get older and b) I have a more relaxed attitude. However, a key difference is that I drink loads and I mean loads of water - I think I drink half a reservoir per day, now part of that is because I live in a hot climate but part of it is because I think it genuinely does help with weight-loss. I used to be paranoid about drinking too much thinking "it will weigh me down duuuuude" but it doesn't and keeps your body functioning properly and hunger at bay.

The other thought that occurred to me is that I do have a more relaxed attitude and I think that is helping too - I occasionally have a bit of a day off and I think it keeps your system from becoming too complacent - I don't go overboard but if there is a family occasion or something and I want to eat out, I'll eat what I choose and not what i think I ought to have - that way I enjoy my day or night out and then go back to my good girl persona the next day with a happy memory stored away. This has kept me focussed and stopped me obsessing about food.

Anyway, good luck with your weight loss - you're doing so well - just stay away from those demonic sausage rolls! I'm going to go have a squiz at how to make those overnight oat things that you and others talk about - I can't get Mullerlight here but I've found an allegedly syn-free yoghurt so I might give it a whirl!

Morning have been reading your diary and really enjoying it. Here to follow .I notice you doing weekly syns rather than daily , does that work better for you

Hello! Just thought that since I've read your diary, it would be rude to read and run.

Two things spring to mind from reading your diary, you've mentioned that you don't think you drink enough, well this is about my 4th or 5th go on SW over the last 20 years or so - this time I'm finding it much easier which is strange as a) weight-loss is harder as you get older and b) I have a more relaxed attitude. However, a key difference is that I drink loads and I mean loads of water - I think I drink half a reservoir per day, now part of that is because I live in a hot climate but part of it is because I think it genuinely does help with weight-loss. I used to be paranoid about drinking too much thinking "it will weigh me down duuuuude" but it doesn't and keeps your body functioning properly and hunger at bay.

The other thought that occurred to me is that I do have a more relaxed attitude and I think that is helping too - I occasionally have a bit of a day off and I think it keeps your system from becoming too complacent - I don't go overboard but if there is a family occasion or something and I want to eat out, I'll eat what I choose and not what i think I ought to have - that way I enjoy my day or night out and then go back to my good girl persona the next day with a happy memory stored away. This has kept me focussed and stopped me obsessing about food.

Anyway, good luck with your weight loss - you're doing so well - just stay away from those demonic sausage rolls! I'm going to go have a squiz at how to make those overnight oat things that you and others talk about - I can't get Mullerlight here but I've found an allegedly syn-free yoghurt so I might give it a whirl!

Hi :D Thanks for reading and commenting. I've found i am drinking more as the weather gets warmer here, but i think i am going to try and drink more water rather than diluted juice too. I just dont think i'm a thirsty person but i'm working on it lol.

As for the day off, i well and truly enjoyed myself and now i am straight back on it today with a plan for the week and i have set myself some mini targets too.

Do you have a food diary? i would love to follow your journey :).

Hello, I've been reading your food diary with interest. Well done on going with no syns per day.
I struggle to do that.
I am so used to Hubby making a cup of tea in the evening ( 8pm) and having my only sweet treats ( usually a pk of Go Ahead bars, snack-a-jacks or Alpen lite bars) every day.
I tried swapping out the treats for fruit, but I find that the tea does not go with it as well as a 'biscuit' treat.
I have a load of health problems, mainly meaning that exercise is reduced to gently walking up and down my garden ( it's a long garden 3/4 acre) and general housework, health permitting.
So most of my syns are in the evening, I do try not to eat anything which involves adding them to each meal. I'm doing Extra Easy.
I will just have to try harder. ;)
Well done, and thank you for sharing with us all.

Morning have been reading your diary and really enjoying it. Here to follow .I notice you doing weekly syns rather than daily , does that work better for you
Hi thanks for reading and following:D. To be honest i don't know if its working or not :confused:. I think i've discovered i am a slow loser. However this week i am changing the syns to using them daily rather than weekly and seeing if it makes a difference so i'll get back to you on that :).

I do mine daily and I do try not to go over 8syn per day, but my loss has dropped off dramatically over the last few weeks.
I eat loads ( which might be my problem) but when I cut the portions size down, I really still feel hungry so binge on fruit etc, my biggest loss was my first week, at 3.3lbs, this week I gained 2oz, not much I know, but a gain is a gain. I keep my food diary in a book, so I see at a glance week to week, and the only difference is I have missed out meals... perhaps thats the problem.

Hello, I've been reading your food diary with interest. Well done on going with no syns per day.
I struggle to do that.
I am so used to Hubby making a cup of tea in the evening ( 8pm) and having my only sweet treats ( usually a pk of Go Ahead bars, snack-a-jacks or Alpen lite bars) every day.
I tried swapping out the treats for fruit, but I find that the tea does not go with it as well as a 'biscuit' treat.
I have a load of health problems, mainly meaning that exercise is reduced to gently walking up and down my garden ( it's a long garden 3/4 acre) and general housework, health permitting.
So most of my syns are in the evening, I do try not to eat anything which involves adding them to each meal. I'm doing Extra Easy.
I will just have to try harder. ;)
Well done, and thank you for sharing with us all.
Hi thanks for reading:D,

Sometimes with the syns, if i haven't used them in my meal, i find i am just eating something for the sake of using syns, so thats why i don't sometimes have any. I don't like the idea of eating just for the sake of it, i'm trying to learn to eat when i am hungry and not too late in the night either. But i am totally on the tea and biscuit train with you, haha, i cannot think of anytime i have reached for a piece of fruit with tea over a biscuit. It doesn't even sound right saying it lol...tea and fruit or tea and biscuit. I know which i would choose :).

I never really add syns into my meals either, i think i could if i used things like mayonnaise, salad cream or tomato sauce on meals. I aren't a massive cheese fan so i don't really add that either.

If you have a food diary please leave me a link, i'd love to follow your journey :).

I do mine daily and I do try not to go over 8syn per day, but my loss has dropped off dramatically over the last few weeks.
I eat loads ( which might be my problem) but when I cut the portions size down, I really still feel hungry so binge on fruit etc, my biggest loss was my first week, at 3.3lbs, this week I gained 2oz, not much I know, but a gain is a gain. I keep my food diary in a book, so I see at a glance week to week, and the only difference is I have missed out meals... perhaps thats the problem.
For me personally i am going to try and have between 5 and 10 syns per day, i dont mind if i go over as long as i don't go over 15.

As you lose weight you'll find as your stomach shrinks, you'll get fuller faster. I try to plan my meals on a Sunday, i find i only stick to plan if i plan the whole week ahead and make sure i have everything in already as i don't have time to shop during the week. I have found keeping a diary on here has helped me lots, i am honest with every diary about what i have eaten and i think putting my weight on here helps too as i tell myself others are going to see it which helps me stick to it.

I kinda know how you feel about the gain, i was naffed off with myself over a maintain so i can imagine how i would be with a gain. But you seem like you know where to alter your plans:). As i don't go to group i am kinda just winging it myself with these boards and the internet to help. What meals are you missing out? Would it be possible to prepare so many ahead of time. For example, i made bolognese yesterday, and had one portion for tea with veg and have split the rest into 2 portions and put them in the freezer. I am going to have one Wednesday with spaghetti or pasta and save the other one. I also pre-prepare my salads for lunch for the week and keep them in the fridge and measure my oats for breakfast at the weekend.

Last edited:
I am still finding my way round this maze of threads, I think I posted one weeks food dairy, but I cannot find it now..lol
I am only just a new member, so not much to follow as yet, but I will try to keep on top of things, weekly. Usually after I weigh myself on Saturday I come on to log my progress.

I am back on the plan today, feeling positive after a chill day yesterday. I have made my weekly plan and i am going full steam ahead lol. I am changing how i count my syns this week so i shall be counting them daily instead of weekly to see if it makes a difference or not.

I have some mini targets i want to try this week:
#1 - 10 speed fruits and vegetables a day
#2 - 5-10 syns per day
#3 - 3 EESP days (i think i have read enough to understand 1/2 speed and 1/2 protein at meals and snack on speed first. 1 HEA and 2 HEB's?)
#4 - achieve 1/2 stone award on weigh day, i only need 0.5lbs loss.

I think #1 is easy for me as i tried it last week, although i discovered Pineapple isn't actually a speed food so i can't count that. #2 is pretty easy too although i should try and add syns in meals to save myself eating for the sake of it. #3 i am going to try Sunday, Monday and Tuesday followed by 3 EE days. I have my meals planned out so i should be ok. #4 WILL happen, fingers crossed:).

I began this journey on 31st March, and had two Grandchildren's birthdays in April, which meant there were at least two occasions where I was not in control of how or what I ate.
I did try to eat the salads and free foods. But when a big platter of chicken goujons and home made beer battered fish are calling to your belly, it's hard to resist.
I missed lunch on a number of days, but since I eat breakfast quite late ( round 9.30am-10.30) means lunch is not needed until the afternoon. ( 2pm or so) and we have our evening meal round 6pm, so as I know dinner will be substantial for hubby's sake, I know I can get by just eating just fruit, or since we've had really warm weather, you just don't feel like eating, I can miss out, but in those weeks I have done that, I've not had a loss .
I don't go to group simply because the pounds I want to lose are off me and not my purse, so I have the books from before, and follow where I can online, which is a great help.
I do prepare in advance where I can, but at times, you just don't fancy what you prepared and I am getting rather tired of eggs...lol
When you have cereal for breakfast, then you cannot have bread unless you count it as a syn, and to be honest I think there is not enough fibre in 35g of wholewheat cereal anyway. I know veggies contain fibre, but it's a different type.

I am still finding my way round this maze of threads, I think I posted one weeks food dairy, but I cannot find it now..lol
I am only just a new member, so not much to follow as yet, but I will try to keep on top of things, weekly. Usually after I weigh myself on Saturday I come on to log my progress.
Good luck :) I'm a Saturday morning weigher too, i've only been doing this for 4 weeks so i'm fairly new. I log on at night after tea to write up my diary most days. I find the recipe threads are very helpful and the diaries for meal ideas. I'm here for support and encourangement :D feel free to just send me a message.

I began this journey on 31st March, and had two Grandchildren's birthdays in April, which meant there were at least two occasions where I was not in control of how or what I ate.
I did try to eat the salads and free foods. But when a big platter of chicken goujons and home made beer battered fish are calling to your belly, it's hard to resist.
I missed lunch on a number of days, but since I eat breakfast quite late ( round 9.30am-10.30) means lunch is not needed until the afternoon. ( 2pm or so) and we have our evening meal round 6pm, so as I know dinner will be substantial for hubby's sake, I know I can get by just eating just fruit, or since we've had really warm weather, you just don't feel like eating, I can miss out, but in those weeks I have done that, I've not had a loss .
I don't go to group simply because the pounds I want to lose are off me and not my purse, so I have the books from before, and follow where I can online, which is a great help.
I do prepare in advance where I can, but at times, you just don't fancy what you prepared and I am getting rather tired of eggs...lol
When you have cereal for breakfast, then you cannot have bread unless you count it as a syn, and to be honest I think there is not enough fibre in 35g of wholewheat cereal anyway. I know veggies contain fibre, but it's a different type.
In any situation like the birthday situation, i personally would just enjoy myself and start fresh the next day. I wouldn't be able to say no to those foods either, look at me with the sausage rolls this week lol.

If you don't feel like eating a big meal at tea time what about making some mini quiches, or having some lean meats to pick at, a bit like picnic food rather than a full meal.

Have you tried saving your hex B for later in the day and having fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, or do you prefer cereal?

I have some mini targets i want to try this week:
#1 - 10 speed fruits and vegetables a day
#2 - 5-10 syns per day
#3 - 3 EESP days (i think i have read enough to understand 1/2 speed and 1/2 protein at meals and snack on speed first. 1 HEA and 2 HEB's?)
#4 - achieve 1/2 stone award on weigh day, i only need 0.5lbs loss.

That is a good plan, am not sure I understand the EESP days myself.
My goal this week it to lose 3lbs.
Breakfast
35g of wholewheat cereal
75ml almond milk
100g of mixed berries ( raspberries, blueberries & strawberries)
or
3sl trimmed lean bacon
2 poached or scrambled eggs
4 tomatoes
4 mushrooms
or
1sl of 800g wholemeal bread toasted
1 can tuna in 1 tbs lite mayo with salt & pepper to taste
2-3 sl of cucumber on top

Lunch

chicken salad
remaining tuna salad on rice crackers
some fruit

Dinner
100g of either potato, pasta or rice
With about 250 g of lean meat, chicken or fish
Salad or veggies usually 4 choices
Then my snack is my long awaited choice of biscuit with my tea.
Pretty boring

Have you tried saving your hex B for later in the day and having fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, or do you prefer cereal?

I don't really have yoghurt as my lactose intolerent, both to sugars and proteins in milk, and the substitutes are so bad too, so I usually don't have them

That is a good plan, am not sure I understand the EESP days myself.
My goal this week it to lose 3lbs.
Breakfast
35g of wholewheat cereal
75ml almond milk
100g of mixed berries ( raspberries, blueberries & strawberries)
or
3sl trimmed lean bacon
2 poached or scrambled eggs
4 tomatoes
4 mushrooms
or
1sl of 800g wholemeal bread toasted
1 can tuna in 1 tbs lite mayo with salt & pepper to taste
2-3 sl of cucumber on top

Lunch

chicken salad
remaining tuna salad on rice crackers
some fruit

Dinner
100g of either potato, pasta or rice
With about 250 g of lean meat, chicken or fish
Salad or veggies usually 4 choices
Then my snack is my long awaited choice of biscuit with my tea.
Pretty boring
Your meals sound good and balanced. To be honest my meals aren't exciting, i usually end up with salad and some form of meat for lunch. Have you tried making soups? I make the speedy tomato soup and it's full of speedy veg, hence the name. My breakfasts are the same everyday, i did 5 days of overnight oats this week, but it's that or i have weetabix. My teas tend to be 1/2 plate of veg and some form of meat/ fish with it, unless i have something pre prepared in the freezer, i have tuna pasta bake, leek and potato bake, chicken lasagne and beef mince bolognese frozen at the moment. All don't take too long to cook to begin with.

Last edited:
Diary #29 Saturday 14th May

Day off SW

Diary #30 Sunday 15th May - EESP

B: 2 weetabix (b) milk (a) strawberries (s), clementines (s)
D: Chicken (p) cucumber (s) tomatoes (s) beetroot (s) celery (s)
T: Quiche - egg (p) quark (p) tomatoes (s) mushrooms (s) onions (s) baked beans (p)

Snacks: 2 x alpen lights (b),pear (s)
Syns: salad cream (1.5), maltesers (8.5)
Total Daily Syns: 10/10

Speed Food Count: 10/10

Last edited:
Back