JUDDD - Introduce Yourself!!

Hello all I've decided to switch to JUDDD after losing less than I would have liked on similar plans.

My plan so far on JUDDD is 2650 cals on UDs and 530 cals on DDs. I've got a lot of Exante and S&S packs so I will have them on DDs to help control my calories.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and good luck to you!

Hi there,
So I have been fasting for the last month or so but only properly doing 5:2 for the last week.
This week I have had a DD on Monday (500 cals) an UD today (1600 cals) and the plan is to have a DD tomorrow and Friday and UDs on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
Been lurking around here for a while so thought I would introduce myself.
Looking to lose 2 stone. 10 stone would be amazing. Been overweight all my life it feels like so I would like to shift it once and for all.
Last year got down to 11 1/2 stone for my wedding day and while I was happy enough with it I want to lose the coupla stone now once and for all.
Finding the fasting fairly grand I must say. Just need to get much more disciplined with it. Would be good to understand how those getting good success are doing it, just fasting or with exercise too. Not been exercising so need to add this into my weekly routine.
Anyway, will be on this and checking how ye all are doing.
Best of luck to ye all.

Hello everyone,

I am 32 years old, mother of 2, wife, teaching assistant and part time trainee teacher at Edgehill university. I am currently about 10 stone (ideal weight would be about 9 stone 3/4...) HOWEVER, I have had a hell of a journey to get to here! I started back in June 2012 with Cambridge, I quickly swapped to Slim and Save to save money and have a little variety. I got to goal weight (9 stone 13) in November 2012 and I have been maintaining (after losing another 6lbs) with Dukan.

To cut a long story short, I don't think Dukan is working for me. I am looking to eat healthier (more 'proper' foods and less protein heavy meals, less sweetener, less eggs, less non fat yogurt!) - I have to change my diet plan as I am just desperate to eat a normal, sensible, healthy way and I also NEED to because of my eldest daughter. She is only 8 and very underweight - the GP has told us we need to build her up - she needs to gain up to 18kgs (!!!!!) and so to be quite honest, this was the incentive I needed to stop Dukan and find a better way of eating/living. My daughter needs proper food (not that I have put her on Dukan or anything - she eats well!) but she will needs full fat foods which quite frankly I do not have the willpower to resist at times. I have been considering that surely all that protein is not too good for me and I have recently been really poorly (with a cough that lasted 6 weeks and ended in me breaking my ribs through coughing so much!)

This blasted illness also made me realise that during my recovery I was eating nowhere near enough carbs to get better - my body was running on empty - no wonder it took me so long to recover - I have been EXHAUSTED! and now..... now I'm better I have self-sabotaged my eating plan and completely binged since Thursday dinner (it's now Sat night and I still haven't stopped!) - I need to change.

I have decided to try the 5:2 approach - I think it would work well for me. I know I can do it - I have done VLCD, I can do this AND the bonus is I can eat properly on my up days. I am planning fruit,veg etc which is limited on Dukan (hence the reason I'm rapidly going off it). I obviously will have the occasional treat (as I do now with Dukan) but this way I think would just be.....more....me!

SO, I would really appreciate some help, advice and support? I am big into planning my meals - tracking calories and cooking from scratch (when uni work permits) - I like lists of 'go to' foods which I can stock up on in times of need.... I have a bank of them now but not sure they'd be appropriate for IF. I suppose I want a healthier lifestyle, to lose 10lbs or so and maintain that - FOREVER.

I appreciate any comments, help etc...

Thanks,

Kellmo x

oooh - could somebody also explain what % of my cals I should be having just to lose 10lbs??? then maintain??

thank you x x

Hi everyone! Just started this diet 4-5 weeks ago with a little stop/start but I'm back on track now. Looking to find motivation from others and to help others any way I can.

Hello! I've just started this diet today. I lost 6 stone with Cambridge, then put just a handful of pounds back on. I only want to lost half a stone or so and don't want to put myself through the Cambridge thing again so thought I'd give this a try! I've decided on fasting Tuesdays and Thursdays, having Mon/Wed/Fri as intermediate days and weekends as somewhere high intermediate or up.

Hi everyone, I am 35 and have been following slimming world for the past couple of years. In this time I have lost 1 st 7. But with all the upping and downing its probably more like 4 st!! Anyway I have not been able to stick to it for more than a couple of days over the past few months and have decided to stop going to the classes cause its money down the drain. I have been reading up lots on this diet and am thinking of giving it a try.

I have looked on the JUDDD website and it says for my height 5'3'' and weight 11 st 5, on an up day I should have 3174 cals and on a 20% DD 635 cals. Does this sounds Ok? I'm not sure how I will handle the DD but I am willing to give it a go. I'm on a hen night at the weekend so thinking of starting with a DD on moday.

What kind of weight losses do you think I should expect at first? I don't want to be disappointed and give up expecting a big loss the first wk if it doesn't work that way! Thanks Kay.

Hi all
Thought i'd introduce myself. :bighug:
I lost about 4 stone the year before last with Lipotrim and up until about 6 months ago did i great job of staying around the same weight. However, i have put on some in this time and now need to get another stone off before i feel better with myself and can then think where i want to go from there.
So i started with Slimming World, had a great week and then started to fall off the wagon as it was just too tricky with work. Tried 5:2 and although i didn't put on anything i didn't lose a pound. And so here i am on JUDDD!
I am having a down day every other day including weekends and it's going well so far. I think this is week 3 and i've lost about 8 or 9 pounds. I'm finding down days easy enough just having a few probs finding tea options...
Good luck everyone x

Hi all,
I'm new to juddd. I'm looking to lose around 3 stone, but also really excited by the additional health benefits that IF is supposed to bring.

I followed the exante diet with really good results around 2 years ago. I've had a few heaIth probs since and the weight is starting to creep back on again. l want to nip this in the bud and hope that IF will be a long term solution for me.

I really look forward to getting to know my fellow juddders on minimins .
Cookie

hi all , well think I've done every diet known to man , maintained for years post lighter life until having my son almost 3 years ago so , I've lost a good bit of weight , maintained for a long time on paleo/primal and felt amazing!! but really want to loose the last stones now so I can run and exercise like I used to .
so ive lost 1 stone on slim and save since may but come off as im like the Tasmanian dirt devil on a nasty hormonal streak and my poor babbas are paying the price with constant ear ache from me and me feeling uber hormonal 24/7 and so I did allot of reading and made the switch last week and lost 3 lb . Im going to hubbys ship in 3 weeks so keeping ud cals lowish too for now but would like to do the 5.2 approach whilst sailing , then I envisage using the primal priciples with judd once I get back for a more sustainable and steady weight loss long term. guess I don't trust the process enough yet to let myself loose on the primal foods and not count the calories .
anyway enough rambling think ill start a diary in that area so I can track my foods ect . appreciate any comments /advise anyone may have ...

Hi folks

I used to post on here a lot but then stopped dieting due to poor health. I have been put on tablets that cause "extreme weight gain" according to the doc and boy did they. Now on thyroxine to try and counteract this and starting JUDDD again with a whopping 9 stone to lose!

Will start a diary I think x

Hi all.
Im Jodie, Im 24years old and live near Coventry. Im a mother to a wonderful 4year old son.

Im new to MiniMins and also to the JUDDD (started today, my first down day)
I have always had problems with my eating. My highest weight was 13 stone 5lbs. This put me in the obese category for my height (im only 5ft1) This didn't seem to shock me into loosing weight, however a photo of myself taken at Drayton Manor theme park did. In November last year, I joined Nutracheck app (a calorie counter/food diary with a forum) and now Im 10st 5lbs.
Now Im starting JUDDD and going to be using Nutracheck to count calories on my DDs.
My goal is to get to 9st12lbs, then see how I feel about loosing a bit more.

Sorry for a long introduction post!

Hope to have some good/supportive chats here.
:)

Hi all

Well I'm here again! Tried JUDDD last year and liked it! So back here again after giving birth 5 weeks ago to a beautiful baby girl called Poppy! I was a good 3 stone over weight before getting pregnant and then gained another 3stone whilst pregnant so I have a long road ahead of me but I wanted to do a eating plan that isn't too restrictive you still get good losses as with a newborn you need energy!!

Anyway I started last Monday and lost 10lbs but I did have such a lot of water to lose! This week I have maintained but my period is due so think I'm retaining water again! Anyway looking forward to this journey with you all :) xx

Hi trying my first fast today nothing bit water and lemon until tomorrow morning. I last ate about 7 pm. On the primal diet to hope it goes well. How much weight am I likely to use?

Hi I'm starting my alternate day diet tomorrow. I want to loose a stone or more before Christmas! I have done this before and was succefull but life turned very bad last yr and I put on a lot of weight by stress eating. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone..I am planning 1500 cal up day and 500 down days

I started fasting on Sunday every 2nd day and have lost 6lbs at weigh in today. I am intending going for a Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 500 cals and Saturday and Sunday 1300 cals. I have 4 stone to lose. Will post my weightloss on this thread if okay.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

What will you eat?

Back