Juddders Unite!

Welcome Chelle - great to have another Judddie! Are you starting with an up or a down. Although mood wise I ahve to say everyday on this plan feels like an up!

Hey DQ, just noticed your mood - worried. What are you worried about, nothing too bad i hope?

Love

Welcome Chelle - great to have another Judddie! Are you starting with an up or a down. Although mood wise I ahve to say everyday on this plan feels like an up!

HI Barb,

Not too sure which day I'm on just yet. Am off to the gym now so will need to see how I feel when I get back. Because I'm doing so much exercise (gym 4+ days per week, 1 1/2 - 2hr sessions), I may need to adjust my calorie intake on down days, but I'm sure I'll find a way that suits me without leaving myself tired and lacking energy.
Will catch up later!

Much love, chelle xx

I've bitten the bullet and have decided to follow judddd. I flirted with the idea last week, then changed my mind. I am so mad with myself for leaving it to the last minute again to lose weight for a holiday, but this seems great.

So, can I join in please? I was going to start tomorrow on a dd, but then thought why not just start today on an ud? At least that way I've taken the step and have mentally started the diet!

So I am officially starting today :D I feel liberated. I'm going to be careful on my ud's as I have a history of bingeing, but if I do my running on an ud then it should control my binge attacks :)o)

Well done to everyone on their losses so far, and thank you for the postive and motivating posts.

After reading this thread from the start, whilst scoffing a large bar of Galaxy :eek::eek::eek:, i think this may be the way for me to go. i am so stuggling to SS at the moment, the desire to eat is just too overwhelming & the i eat the wrong stuff :cry:.
I like Debbie's week split of 3UD's, 3 DD's & a inbetween day, it makes being able to weigh on a set day work better.
I just have a couple of questions
1 - on UD's do you still have packs ? (those who are combining with CD)
2 - have you told your CDC & if so were they supportive ?
3 - what happens when you get to goal, do you carry on like this or do 1 DD & 2 UD's or what ?
tommorrow is June 1st, so that seems like a very good day to start, so count me as a JUDDER from tommorrow :)
xx

1 - on UD's do you still have packs ? (those who are combining with CD)

Only if you want. It's up to you what you have on your UD though it's a great idea to work on healthy fare :)
3 - what happens when you get to goal, do you carry on like this or do 1 DD & 2 UD's or what ?
You still alternate, but do 1,000 cals on your down day

sorry, another question, roughly how many cals on a UD ?
I have looked for the link to the Johnson web site, i know i saw it last week, but can't find it now :(
xx:)

sorry, another question, roughly how many cals on a UD ?
I have looked for the link to the Johnson web site, i know i saw it last week, but can't find it now :(

There's a link to the calculator at the top of this page;)
Johnson Upday Downday Diet

Dr J says that you don't have to worry too much about the calories of the UD at the beginning and just aim for under 500 for your DD's and eating until satisfied on your UD's

Most people seem to find that you do need to take some note of them later on though.

Best of luck with this diet. It seems a great way to go if you struggle with VLCDing :)

thanks Karion, knew i could trust you to come up with the goods !!

I've bitten the bullet and have decided to follow judddd. I flirted with the idea last week, then changed my mind. I am so mad with myself for leaving it to the last minute again to lose weight for a holiday, but this seems great.

So, can I join in please? I was going to start tomorrow on a dd, but then thought why not just start today on an ud? At least that way I've taken the step and have mentally started the diet!

So I am officially starting today :D I feel liberated. I'm going to be careful on my ud's as I have a history of bingeing, but if I do my running on an ud then it should control my binge attacks :)o)

Well done to everyone on their losses so far, and thank you for the postive and motivating posts.

Frumpster good luck with your JUDDDing. Just wondered what time of the day you go out running? I have stuck rigidly to the less than 500 calorie DownDays and find I have more energy stores on the DownDays than the UpDays where my stores are being built up again.

If you run during the day I would do it on a DownDay but make sure you have one of your meal replacements after your run. If you run in the evening then it is probably best to stick to an UpDay afterall.

Dizzy x

I think I might give this JUDDDy thing a go! I have maintained my weight loss for over 2 years now, but have had to resort to SSing occasionally to keep it in check. As we are off on holiday on Saturday night/Sunday morning for two weeks to Crete, thought I might use this time as an "experiment" on the JUDDD diet. That way, I don't think I will feel so restricted. I can have a good day and a bad day (my terminology for JUDDDering!) so I'll be doing the Eclipse GDBD diet for the next couple of weeks.

Cheryl - I think this sounds like a good way ahead for you to get to your goal too!

thanks Cheryl, i hope so.
hope you have a good, guilt free GDBD holiday hun

Just wondered what time of the day you go out running?

Hi Dizzy, I do 2 runs of 15 minutes each at the mo. One in the morning at 10am and one at lunchtime 1pm. Do you think it would be worth doing them on dd's? I'm thinking I might do 30 mins in the morning running/walking. Got a great running training prog from the coolrunnings website. It teaches you to go from o to 30 mins running in 9 weeks.

I think I might give this JUDDDy thing a go! I'll be doing the Eclipse GDBD diet for the next couple of weeks.

Good luck Eclipse! Enjoy your holiday :)

thanks Karion, knew i could trust you to come up with the goods !!

Teehee, I'm stalking you :D

I tell ya, it feels so strange to have talk of judddering on this forum. It's good to see, but I keep feeling I'm on the wrong board.:confused:

A bit like if you were on another forum and they started talking about the Cambridge diet.

I know...I'm weird:p

Oh! I have perceived a flaw in the Eclipse GDBD diet and that is ....... alcohol!!!!

However, I have devised a cunning plan for the hollybobs......................I am not going to count it! LOL

Hi Dizzy, I do 2 runs of 15 minutes each at the mo. One in the morning at 10am and one at lunchtime 1pm. Do you think it would be worth doing them on dd's? I'm thinking I might do 30 mins in the morning running/walking. Got a great running training prog from the coolrunnings website. It teaches you to go from o to 30 mins running in 9 weeks.

I've just started running aswell on the treadmill at the gym and running club too (been once it was a DownDay).

Yesterday was the first time I ran 30 minutes non stop on the treadmill and it was a DownDay. I don't think I would have had the energy stores there on an UpDay I do find my workout a bit harder on an UpDay but it's not enough to stop me doing it if I want to I just do what I can.

Good Luck with the running and JUDDDing.

Dizzy x

Oh! I have perceived a flaw in the Eclipse GDBD diet and that is ....... alcohol!!!!

However, I have devised a cunning plan for the hollybobs......................I am not going to count it! LOL
a - you're not eating it so it doesn't count ;)
b - if you close your eyes you can't see the cals :eek:

Back