Judy's Jolly Journey (restarts at post 295)

I've edited my menu for today. At lunch time I wanted something warm, so had a cod in garlic sauce (Asda 3 syns) with potatoes and carrots. I've now got half a hollowed out melon filled with melon and raspberries, covered with an activia zesty lemon yoghurt (2.5) mmmmmmmmm :D

Thanks for the support ladies. I'll let you know how it goes at weigh in later.

Oh and thanks for the offer Smokes but I've enough of my own to sort :D

Last edited:
Oooooo look at that. My 81st post was also the 81st post on here ;)

Now 82nd .....:p

Hey JJ - i'm also sitting here, fingers crossed waiting to see how you've done. Really hope you've got a good loss - you deserve it x

Hi ladies. Sorry I didn't post last night, I was totally thrown by my measly 1/2 lb loss. I was certain it would be better than that :confused: I was so disappointed that I nearly went on a binge :break_diet: Luckily the only thing in the house that was even slightly naughty was hi fi bars - so I had 2 :eek:

Today I've been to Runcorn to visit my niece and her boys. Had a lovely day but now starving as not eaten much. I have a jacket potato in the microwave and some chilli I got out of the freezer this morning :) Had to make sure I was organised for arriving home as it would have been so easy to get a take away once I got in.

I'm quite tired from all the driving so won't stay around too long tonight. I promise normal service will resume tomorrow ;)

Take care, JJ x

Well done on the loss JJ:clap:
*Im sure we have all been lurking -waiting to hear* :p

I know its not what you were hoping for -but sometimes the bleepin scales do that don't they.... just don't show what you should get for the effort put in :mad:
Hopefully your next weigh in they will be kind and reward all your hard work...
Hope you have a good rest -and super duper well done on not comfort eating last night :D
sleep well Mrs...and keep up the great work-

Awww sorry to hear you didn't get the result you expected.
Try not to get too down. Like I said this weight loss is a funny thing and when we've been really good it sometimes takes a week or so for it to catch up with us so maybe you'll have fab loss next week!
Well done being prepared for tonights tea!!

Morning all. I'm feeling much more positive today.
Actually at hospital at moment waiting for DS appointment in orthopaedics. Lunch planned for when we get home and Alpen light in bag for snack.

Will post full menu later. Take care, JJ

Hospital appointment went well and DS will get the operation he needs on his hands and wrists. Just having the right one done first, which should be in Sept/October :)

Thanks for the comments on my disappointment with the scales. I know that if I carry on my efforts will show as a loss; it's just very disheartening at the time :(

Today's meals are:
Friday – Extra Easy
Drinks –Milk (HEA), Coffee, Water, Diet coke
Mid morning snack -Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Lunch –Tuna with lf salad cream (3), jacket potato, yoghurt and fruit (2.5)
Mid afternoon snack - Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Dinner – Beef with Special fried rice (packet rice, veg and stir fry sauce 2)
1 A and 1 B plus 7.5 syns

I'm going to stalk around the boards for a while then off to respite with DS. He's away for the weekend so I'm looking forward to 3 consecutive full nights of sleep :D

Catch you later, JJ x

Well done for getting back on track JJ! I know how hard it can be to continue with the diet when you don't get the good result you're expecting.

Morning all

A good night's sleep was had last night and I'm feeling bright and refreshed this morning. Got a few errands to run later but for now I'm just hovering around here to see what's brewing ;)

Today's menu is:
Saturday – Extra Easy
Breakfast – Couscous, fruit and yoghurt
Lunch – Banana, pineapple, kiwi, mango and pomegranate, 15g Cadbury dairy milk (4)
Dinner – Beef, onion, mushroom pie, courgette, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas & gravy (4 ish) – need to sort recipe
1 A and 1 B plus 8 ish syns

The pie recipe is in one of the SW books, just need to find it out. The couscous was ok - I am quite full, but not sure how I feel about it with sweet stuff. Doesn't seem right somehow :rolleyes:

The washing machine is finished so need to sort that, then might get the errands done so I can have a quiet afternoon. Then again I might not........:p

Catch you later, JJ

Last edited:
I was just thinking hmm couscous for breakfast with fruit?!! Haha! Did you just make it up with hot water and mix it with the fruit. I suppose it would be a filling breakfast and an alternative to porridge which you can only have a limited amount and have to use up a HEB for. Hmmmm might give that a try one morning!!

Hi Smokes

Can't remember where the couscous at breakfast idea came from, but thought I'd give it a try. I could probably get used to it and as you say it saves a B choice for later by not having porridge :p You just cover the couscous with hot water and once absorbed add the fruit and yoghurt.

Made another supermarket visit today. I am spending far more than usual at present with all the fruit and veg I'm eating. I'll have to look into growing my own, especially some of the more popular choices ;)

Well I'm going to watch some tv and have an early night. Speak to you tomorrow, JJ x

Last edited:
Happy Sunday everyone. I've had a fairly lazy morning so far. Got up late, made breakfast, blanched some veg for the freezer, done some washing and stalked around the net. I love weekends without the kids at home......:p

Sunday – Extra Easy
Breakfast – Yoghurt and fruit
Lunch –Chicken Kiev, potatoes, courgette, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower
Snack – Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Dinner – Syn free pancakes, fruit and yoghurt, chocolate x2 (6)
1 A and 1 B plus 6 syns

The kievs are chicken breasts stuffed with Quark and garlic, wrapped in bacon and baked. Really looking forward to these. The pancakes I saw on here somewhere so need to find how to do them. The chocolate are 2 dairy milk minis I'm melting to make a sauce for the pancakes and fruit. Did I say I llluuuurrrrrvvvveeee quiet Sunday's? :p :rotflmao:

Evening JJ
those pancakes sound like a plate full of heaven... Im not normally a fan of melted choc :eek: -but they sound tasty. I still don't trust myself with that kind of thing :eek:-hope you enjoy every last forkfull -and we won't be looking if you lick the plate ;)
Sounds like a lovely restfull day is just what you needed...you got lots done and hopefully had some "me time"
hope the kievs went down well :D
Have a good evening -make the most of the peace ....

Hello everyone. It's lovely and sunny here this morning so may get the grass cut :( Not my favourite job! Last night's pancakes were nice, but not sure I'll repeat it. They just aren't like the real thing.

Menu has been changed before I've even started today. I've decided to have a red day for a change. Meals now look like this:

Monday – Red
Drinks – Milk (HEA), Coffee, Water, Diet coke
Breakfast – Bacon, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes, yoghurt
Mid morning snack - Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Lunch – Kiev, cheese & mushroom sauce (HEA), potatoes (HEB), green beans, fruit and fromage frais
Dinner – Beef stew, carrots, parsnips, Fibre plus (5.5)
Snack – chocolate mini (3) or crisps (6)
2 A and 2 B plus 8.5 or 11.5 syns

Evening snack will depend on how I'm feeling.

I've now got to clean sheet the beds then off to respite to pick DS up. See you soon, JJ x

Evening again. Doesn't time fly when you're off work :( Hope everyone is well?

I made a slight change to the menu from lunch time:
Lunch – Kiev, cheese & mushroom sauce (HEA), green beans
Mid afternoon snack – Milky bar (7), Alpen light (1/2 HEB)
Dinner – Beef stew, potatoes (HEB), parsnips (2), fruit and fromage frais
Snack – Crisps (6)

That's my 2 A's and 2 B's plus 15 syns. Top end but I fancied chocolate and crisps today. I think * week may be approaching and by allowing myself these it will stop me mindlessly emptying the fridge instead ;)

Been and had my hair coloured this afternoon. Usually have a golden red but have gone darker this time - the red has more violet in it. The family have said they like it which is a good job as I'm not changing it :Na_Na_Na_Na: My hair has a lot of red in naturally so the full colour just blends in nicely but this time it's really in your face :p

Dinner is almost ready and I'm starving so I'll check in on you all later :wavey:

Bit late posting but this is how the food is shaping up for today:

Tuesday – Red
Breakfast –Fruit and yoghurt
Lunch – Ham and laughing cow light (HEA), lettuce, cucumber, red onion, beetroot, tomato
Dinner – Chilli and jacket potato (HEB), fruit, lemon curd yoghurt
Snack – Crisps (6), chocolate (3)
1 A and 1 B plus 9 syns

I have another batch of lemon curd cooling in the fridge so that's dessert sorted for later :drool:

The chilli is the last from the freezer so I've got mince out to make another batch. Must do that later, otherwise nothing much happening here today.

Hope you are all doing well this week and good luck for the weigh ins, JJ

Weigh in day tomorrow and considering what to eat so as not to throw the scales off :confused:

Think it might be a fruit and salad day. Does anyone else cut down on wi day?
This is my current plan but may change in the morning:
Wednesday – Extra Easy
Breakfast – Couscous, fruit and yoghurt
Lunch – Chicken salad, potatoes, egg, beetroot, salad cream (2)
Dinner – Pasta Bolognese, fruit and yoghurt, chocolate (3)
1 A and 1 B plus 5 syns

Back