Judy's Jolly Journey (restarts at post 295)

Out for lunch at sis's today. Really enjoyed every syn of it:)
Rest of day planned as no syn so should still see a loss come Wednesday.

Will catch up later,JJxx

Evening all.

Back from lunch with the family and did quite well. I had lean pork, chicken, 3 boiled potatoes, loads of veg, 1 small yorkshire and gravy - it was the nicest meal I've eaten in ages...probably down to the gravy :D

I'm cooking some pork meatballs and the buffalo chicken tonight ready for tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks leave, so won't have time to cook much this week. If I get prepared today I have no excuse for eating badly during the week ;)

Congratulations to the losers and best of luck to anyone who weighs in today or tomorrow.

Catch you soon, JJ xx

I won't get time tomorrow so this is my menu for Monday. I'm going red again :D

Drinks – Milk (HEA), Coffee, Water, Diet coke
Breakfast – Fruit and yoghurt
Lunch – Buffalo chicken (2.5) and salad, yoghurt
Dinner – Pork balls in tomato sauce with veg, cheese (HEA) and potato (HEB), lemon mousse (1)
Snacks – Chocolate (3), crisps (6), 2 Alpen light (HEB)
2 A and 2 B plus 12.5 syns

I may swap my crisps and chocolate for a fibre plus bar to save syns, but will depend how I feel after a day back in the office :(

Have a good week, JJ x

Hi JJ!
Well done on your loss!!
I've been away at the weekend so not been on here and not been good diet wise!!!
Good to see you're still doing well!
I was thinking of giving some red days a go so will be keeping on eye on your diary for inspiration!!

Forgive me all as I have synned....:mad:

DD's boyfriend came round last night and just after him was the pizza delivery man :( Now this is the 4th time in just over a week and I've resisted every time, but yesterday was different. I'd had the nibbles all day and had eaten everything in sight (free foods) then started on the contents of the snack box.......:eek: Only an Alpen light and a fibre plus bar but I was on the way back for something else when the pizza came. I had one slice of pepperoni, but that's still more than I should have.

Today I'm back on track and hopefully one slip won't have too much impact come weigh in. If it does I can only blame myself (and DD for ordering pizza :p)

Onwards and downwards peeps :)

Todays menu:
Tuesday – Red
Drinks – Milk (HEA), Coffee
Breakfast – Fruit and yoghurt
Lunch – Pork balls in tomato sauce with veg and potato (HEB), cheese (HEA), lemon mousse (1)
Dinner – Buffalo chicken (2.5) salad and yoghurt
Snacks – Crisps (6), 2 Alpen light (HEB), Fibre Plus bar (5.5)

Still got the nibbles this afternoon. Trying desperately to stay away from the kitchen. I thought swapping my dinner for lunch would help, but it really hasn't :confused:

I think what I should do is have a free food meal, just not sure what to have. I need to think about it. Back soon :)

Try not to worry too much about the pizza JJ! Least it was only 1 slice! And you've been so good resisting all these takeaways in your house!! Think I'd be making my kids eat outside if they want takeaways!!
Hope the dreaded munchies leave you soon!!

Thanks sweetie. It's nice to feel I can tell all of you without judgement. I have a really good family and some lovely friends, but they just don't get it sometimes :sigh:

Anyway I decided to have a bowl of bolognese - don't you love having stuff prepared so you can just grab it from the freezer? Then having eaten that I went out to visit the family. That kept me away from the fridge and kitchen. Little sis had no biscuits today for the coffee so no temptation ;)

Now I'm home and feeling quite stuffed having eaten my buffalo chicken and salad, a yoghurt and now enjoying my fibre plus bar. Hopefully that will be it. I will be at the top end of the syn allowance this week, so may not lose, but at least I've kept a modicum of control. In the old days I'd have said "ooo now I've had pizza, I've blown this week, so may as well pig out" :eek:

I've a feeling the munchies mean * week is soon to be upon me. Hopefully that will explain these cravings to stuff my face. Fingers crossed that the scales are kind tomorrow :cross:

Hey JJ sorry I havent been in touch, smacked hand, will make sure I am here to push you on real soon when I get my head clear again xx

Hey JJ sorry I havent been in touch, smacked hand, will make sure I am here to push you on real soon when I get my head clear again xx

Hi Nikki, glad to have you back hun. Hope you're ok!

Well I have weigh in in 30 minutes and I am feeling HUGE :eek: I think it's because of having the nibbles the last couple of days (and the pizza :eek:) I'm just expecting a gain, even though the rest of the week I was angelic. I'll have to see how it goes. Whatever the scales say I will be staying to group and facing the music - I will then be back to report in.

Wish me luck my lovelies :wave_cry:

ooohhh sat here with pinkies crossed Mrs....:cross: -makes typing very difficult you know :p

Good evening my lovelies. Hope all is well in your worlds? :D

I have had a half a pound loss this week, but I am quite happy with that. As you know I have had the serious munchies and been right to the limit of my syns, so any loss is good in my eyes :D

I intend to carry on with extra red days this next week as I think this is helping. I feel better for having less potato, beans and pasta.

Off to eat my dinner now, so I'll catch up tomorrow. Night all xx

I'm late out of the box again today. I realised I didn't post my menu for today when I was on last night.

Thursday Red
Drinks - Milk (HEA), coffee, water, diet coke
B - Bacon, egg and tomatoes
L - Ham salad, yoghurt (2.5)
D - Chilli, baked potato (HEB), cheese (HEA)
Snacks - HM Veg soup, fruit, yoghurt, fibre plus (HEB), alpen light (3), crisps (6)
Total = 2 As, 2 Bs and 11.5 syns

How sad am I? I've now set up a spreadsheet to record my food and count syns :p Before I managed with a scrap of paper......

Today has been quite good. Very busy at work so no time to think about nibbling. The veg soup filled a nice hole at about 3 o'clock and I've just had dinner.

I'm on my own tonight so about to hit the sofa with the rest of my snacks and watch some tv. Speak to you soon, JJ x

Friday's menu will look like this:

Red
Drinks - Milk (HEA), coffee, water
Breakfast - Fruit and yoghurt
Lunch - HM veg soup, ham and cheese (HEA) salad, yoghurt
Dinner - Fish (2), roast potatoes (HEB), roast veg, strawberry mousse (1)
Snacks - crisps (6), fruit, Alpen light (HEB)

Total = 2 As, 2 Bs and 9 syns

Last edited:
Evening all. Sorry I've been a bit slack this week but work has been really busy and I haven't felt like being on the pc at home as well :sigh:

I have made an amendment to today's meal (quelle surprise!) I didn't feel like fish tonight so have had bacon, egg and tomatoes with a wholemeal roll. Made a strawberry mousse with fruit, sf jelly and 0% total - it is really scrummy and 2.5 syns for the lot. I've split it in to roughly 1/3rds and calling it 1 syn for ease :D

Still have my other HEB and crisps for eating whilst tv watching, so I am a happy girlie :p

Feeling pretty good today. Been trying on clothes which were too tight when I started out. Today I am wearing my straight leg jeans - with a belt! :p - and a top I haven't felt comfortable in for yonks. The belt has had to come in 3 notches since starting out, but unfortunately my next size down trousers and jeans don't yet fit :confused:
Isn't it great to see some progress??

Right today's menu goes like this:
Drinks - Milk (HEA), coffee, water, diet coke
Breakfast - Bacon, egg and tomatoes, wm roll (HEB)
Lunch - Bolognese, cheese (HEA), mousse
Dinner - Pork in tomato with veg, yoghurt
Snacks - 2 Alpen (HEB), crisps, fibre plus, fruit

All As and Bs and 12.5 syns
Hope you are all having a lovely weekend, JJ x

Afternoon all. Been shopping today and stocked up with more fruit and veg. I swear it gets more expensive every week :eek:

Made changes yesterday in that I didn't have my alpen lights but used the fibre plus as my HEB instead. Saved myself a few syns there :D

Today's menu looks like this:

Breakfast - Fruit and yoghurt
Lunch - Pork steak, potato (HEB), veg and onion gravy (2), mousse (1)
Dinner - Ham and cheese (HEA) salad, yoghurt
Snacks - 2 Alpen (HEB), fruit, milky bar raisin & biscuit

Not sure on syns for the milky bar yet as can't find it on line. I'm going to have to use the calculator. I'm hoping it is about 8 but we'll have to see. Sunday night wouldn't be the same without my choccie bar and these looked so scrummy, I just had to buy one to try
tongue.gif

Hope you are all having a fabulous SW weekend, K x

My menu for Monday is another red day.

Breakfast - Bacon, egg and tomatoes
Lunch - Tuna salad, salad cream, yoghurt
Dinner - Chilli, potato (HEB) and cheese (HEA), fruit, yoghurt
Snacks - 2 Alpen (HEB), crisps, fibre plus, fruit

That will be both As and Bs plus 13.5 syns.

Although I'm not nibbling I've continued to have extra syns this week. Star week has finally hit and keeping the treats for the evening is holding off the PMT monster :greenapple:

I'm going to an earlier class for weigh in on Wednesday as it is BILs birthday and we are going out for a meal at 7. Hopefully I will still have a loss and that will spur me on to keep on the straight and narrow while we are out. I will be driving so no alcohol, and we are going to a local pub/restaurant where they do chicken, steaks, fish, pasta and loads of other bits on the main menu. They also have a carvery so I'll see what I feel like when I get there. I am having birthday cake though :p

Have a good week everyone. Take care, JJ xx

Back