Judy's Jolly Journey (restarts at post 295)

Well my planning ended up being just a reworking of my favourite recent menus :rolleyes: I therefore have planned another Extra Easy day.

HE’s – Milk and Alpen lights
B – Bacon, egg, mushrooms, beans and tomatoes (09.30 at work)
L – Beef and red wine pasta (1.5) fruit salad and yoghurt (13.30 at work)
T - Ham, egg and potato salad (17.30 on way to visit my sis)
D - Gammon with cheese sauce (3) and salad, fromage frais with white choc options (2) (21.30 at home)
Snacks – Banana, Plums, Crisps (6)

That accounts for 12.5 syns, even with 4 meals in ;) but I'll see how hungry I am and might drop the salad. The pasta reheated really well though next time I might add a bit more water as it dried up towards the end.
I am trying to space food out a bit more evenly through the day and the 4 hourly meals for today is an experiment. I'll see how it goes :D

Last edited:
I didn't have the ham, egg and potato salad at tea time. I wasn't hungry so I'm using it up with the gammon instead.

I'm actually home and about to eat much earlier than anticipated. My little sis was at the hospital today for her pre op consultation so went to visit and find out what's happening. Hopefully she will be in and out next Tuesday but they'll not really know for definite until she's in theatre and they find out what they are dealing with. Fingers crossed it's what they are expecting and will be a simple procedure :innocent0001:

Going to eat dinner now and watch some tv. Catch you tomorrow, JJ x

Its another lovely day here - still cold but nice and sunny with it.
I'm using up stuff in the fridge so my lunch yet again was the beef and red wine pasta, from the lovely Capricorn's recipe :cool: I think next time I make this I will just make the base sauce and add the pasta when I eat it - that way I can freeze the other portions.

So todays meals are:

HEs - Milk and Alpen lights
B - Banana and yoghurt
L - Beef and red wine pasta (1.5) cheese (3) fruit salad and yoghurt
T - Ham and egg salad with salad cream (2) - about 4 pm
D - Mushy pea curry with rice - after group
Snacks - Crisps (6) yoghurts fruit

So I will use 12.5 syns again today. This is about my daily average and is a workable figure for me. I'll drop it once I've lost a bit more weight.

Well it's weigh in tonight and I hope to see the results of the last 2 weeks now that my medication is finished. Keep everything crossed for me ;)

Woo hoo! I lost 3 tonight and am happy with that. I'll pop back later once I get home

Thank you TrixieB. I also got Slimmer of the Week which was a nice surprise :D

Unfortunately that's when it all went wrong. I had an accident when I got home and ended up comfort eating toast, crisps and chocolate :eek: No injuries but very shaken as I ran over a cat. To make it worse it was one of my own :cry: I was devestated and had to get my family to come help me sort it out. My parents, sis , brother and niece all came to help and we gave her a lovely little funeral in the dark last night. I'm feeling a little brighter today but still can't believe what has happened :sigh: I am always so careful coming down the driveway and the cats usually get out of the way so we must both have been off our game.

Sorry to drag you all into this with me but it helps to write it down. I'd best go now as we have a hospital appointment in just over an hour. Speak soon :wave_cry:

Morning JJ

So sorry to hear about your upset... what a thing to happen ehh!! -hope you are ok this morning.

Well done on your loss AND sotw :happy036:
Hope everything goes ok at the hospital too -will catch up with you later... Take care and keep up the great work !!!!

Thank you. I am brighter again today.

I can't change what happened so I've just got to live with it :sigh: I do need to work on my coping mechanisms though. There will always be stresses in life and I can't run back to food to deal with it every time. I'm not feeling like eating again and just want to pick instead. I should make myself eat a meal and that might make me feel better.

I'm supposed to be going to a leaving do with work tonight but really don't want to go out. It is cold and rainy and I'd rather be home where it's warm. Also my DD is off to Derby for a work's do and may need me to pick her up later. She is getting a lift back to Sheffield town centre but then needs to get home from there. That means either me or her BF will need to go out and fetch her. I'm hoping he isn't going out after work and can do it but if he is then good old mother will have to go out at midnight to collect her :rolleyes:

I need to write a shopping list and work out a food plan so should go do that. Catch you soon :D

It's bright but chilly here again today. I'm feeling better than I have the last few days and I'm definitely back on plan.
I'm having an extra easy day so the plan is:
B - bacon and egg
L - chick pea Dahl on a jacket potato with salad and cheese (3)
D - chicken veg and small yorkie (2)
Snacks are fruit and yoghurt
Healthy extras - milk and a hifi bar

Might have a curly wurly later for another 6 syns but after the excesses of the last couple of days I really should try to limit the treats. I am even not buying crisps as I've eaten a 6 pack since Wednesday! I still haven't done a meal plan for the week or written a shopping list. I'll do it tonight after dinner.

I am currently fettling the bedroom as it has become a dumping ground again. Better get back to it.

Last edited:
Morning all and happy hallowe'en :D It's cold and rainy this morning but I've got to go out shortly to do the shopping.

I dug through my freezer yesterday and discovered I have enough meal portions to last at least 2 weeks. I need to use these up so my menus may be a little repetitive. Still it means I don't need to spend as much at the supermarket :D

Today is a red day and looks like this:

B - bacon and scrambled eggs
L - buffalo chicken (3) and salad
D - chilli and potato (HEB) with cheese (HEA)

There will be fruit and yoghurts for snacks, milk for HEA and alpens or a hifi for HEB. I'm still limiting the syns but may add in a few more later. Right off to get showered and dressed now. See you later ;)

Morning JJ

Sounds like we have the same weather :sigh: - still, I have no need to go outside (everywhere closes here on Sundays) so I don't suppose it matters what its like *although hubby might disagree as he is out in the middle of a golf course* :p

Its amazing what you can forget you have tucked away in freezers/cupboards isn't it :eek: hubby reckons ours must be a Tardis :p ... I have the same mission as you -to try and keep my spends as low as possible this month...and to use as much from the store as I can... although no doubt I will still need plenty of milk (I need a cow on the back garden) fruit and veggies -still at least the prices are coming down on those items here :happy036:
Anyway -enough waffle for now..hope the supermarket is nice and quiet when you go!!
Have a good day -and keep up the great work...

Thanks hun. The supermarket was a nightmare - it was packed and I had to wait for a parking spot :eek: I spent 2 hours and over £125 in there, but I think we have most of what we need for the month with the exception of the fresh items.

I added a jelly and meringue with my yoghurt after lunch. It was really scrummy and used another 3.5 syns. Still need to plan the rest of the week's meals but will get to it as soon as possible.

I have taken stew out of freezer for my lunch tomorrow. Not sure what to have for dinner yet but may be pork steaks - I'll decide in the morning.

Night all ;)

Afternoon all. Just a quick post before DS gets home from school :D

I did get pork steaks out for dinner so today's Red plan is:
HEA - milk
B - bacon on toast (HEB) with brown sauce (1)
L - beef stew (no potato)
D - pork steaks with apple (2) potato (HEB) vegetables
Snacks - fruit, yoghurt, meringue (3) jelly (0.5)

That's all As and Bs and 6.5 syns - might add 6 syns later for a hifi or fibre plus bar *or a curly wurly :p * It will depend how I'm feeling after dinner ;)

So in the end yesterday I had the curly wulry :p no surprise there then.....

Today is another Red day:
1 HEA is milk for coffee
B - banana and hifi bar (in a rush :eek:)
L - chicken salad with beetroot and pickled onions *yum*
D - chorizo and chicken with wholemeal pasta (HEB) and cheese (HEA) *not sure of syns yet as need to decide how much chorizo to have*
Snacks - pineapple, yoghurt and either a curly wurly or a fibre plus bar (6 syns)

I have some cooked chicken which needs using hence the 2 meals today. The chorizo is one of my favourite things and have to not be greedy with it but I think I could go up to about 5 syns worth *or so :rolleyes: *

Picking sis up from hospital later as she is about to go down to theatre. Hopefully it is straight forward and she will be home by 7. Keep everything crossed for her and send some positive energy for the surgeons :vibes:

Cheers all, JJ x

Last edited:
Afternoon everyone.

I was rather distracted this week so I didn’t plan for the minor inconveniences that have cropped up. As such I paid the price on the scales last night – 2.5lb gain :eek:

Now I know this is justified because I haven’t eaten properly *I’ve picked rather than eaten, I haven’t weighed my HE’s and I “forgot” some of the extras I’ve had* so I’m quite cross with myself :mad: I do want to lose weight but I can’t make myself work at it just now – I’m playing about losing and gaining the same few pounds – and I have to stop it and start concentrating.

At one point last night I was considering stopping going to group and starting again after Christmas. The problem is I could go off the rails, regain all I’ve lost so far and that would be a waste of the last 6 months. On the other hand I could continue roughly following plan on my own and stay about the same without the pressure. I’m really not sure what to do…………:confused:

Sorry to moan at you all. I’ll chat to my family later and see what their opinion is.

Woohooo Mrs :wavey:
Sorry you have had a rough week .. hopefully a chat with the family will help you figure out what you want to do...
For my tuppence worth :giggle:-*like you really didn't think I would have one* :p
Could you find a couple of hours (not easy I know as you are very busy) - to work out say 2 or 3 meal plans and then use them in rotation for a few weeks so you don't have to really *think* about it so much after that? That is what I have done -I have quite a few meal plans worked out so if I don't want to, I don't really have to think about my meals for the next 6 weeks ;). You could vary them a little just by swapping what veggies etc you put with them. If you are short of any quick/easy recipes I can dig you some out....
Ok Im on a ramble roll now... but what if you were to find one of your "quieter" weeks and if you cooked say for 4 and froze 2 (There are just 2 of you at home isn't there :confused:) - then it means the following week you would have "ready meals" so could have an easier week.

It would be such a shame to stop going to class if you think you might let things slide, BUT if you think you can keep on going without it -then Im sure there will be plenty of us on here to cheer you on ....
Anyway -thats far too much waffle *surprise* I will leave you in peace....
Talk soon Mrs :D

Thank you lovely lady – your suggestions are much appreciated. I do actually have loads of meal portions in the freezer which I need to use up.
My main problem isn’t the cooking at present; it is not eating what I’ve planned and having snack type stuff instead. If I could build them in better I should still be able to have some and lose weight but I can’t. I use chocolate and crisps etc as rewards for having a bad day *or even a good one*:eek: If I’m feeling depressed or stressed nothing comforts like thick white toast with butter; then depending on what I want either marmite, lemon curd or nutella. I’ve somehow got to break my dependence on these items to change my mood. I can’t change my circumstances so I need to find better ways of handling them :confused:
I’m thinking of rejoining the gym as that always made me feel better when I’d been – tired but better. Also I’m going to keep going to group as it is the one time of the week when I do something for me and not for my family (although I go with my niece and mum)
So thanks again for the comments and to everyone who reads – I’m sorry for the depressing post but it really does help having people who don’t have any pre-judgement of me. My family are lovely but they can’t be objective as they know me too well and wouldn’t want to hurt me by telling me to stop the pity party and get on with it. My sis did suggest I go see my GP. I used to take medication for depression and I may need to think about starting it again. Talking to a doctor who knows me is probably a good idea but it will have to wait for a while. My son is in hospital on Wednesday for tests and then has another operation on the 25th. Nothing major but it will be his 26th general anaesthetic and with each one I worry more that something might go wrong this time:cry:
Well that turned into an essay didn’t it? I’ll go get some lunch now and look at what I can do to plan for this week.
Take care, JJ x

I was rather distracted this week so I didn’t plan for the minor inconveniences that have cropped up. As such I paid the price on the scales last night – 2.5lb gain :eek:

Now I know this is justified because I haven’t eaten properly *I’ve picked rather than eaten, I haven’t weighed my HE’s and I “forgot” some of the extras I’ve had* so I’m quite cross with myself :mad: I do want to lose weight but I can’t make myself work at it just now – I’m playing about losing and gaining the same few pounds – and I have to stop it and start concentrating.

At one point last night I was considering stopping going to group and starting again after Christmas. The problem is I could go off the rails, regain all I’ve lost so far and that would be a waste of the last 6 months. On the other hand I could continue roughly following plan on my own and stay about the same without the pressure. I’m really not sure what to do…………:confused:

Sorry to moan at you all. I’ll chat to my family later and see what their opinion is.

Oh JJ don't give up! Im new to this forum and have just scanned the first few pages of your diary last year.. then skipped to the last page.. (im a bugger for that with books too!) :eek:

You're so motivational! Just scan back to the start and look at the courage you had, even with the troubles you had to face, your fantastic to keep on top of it!! :) You were on the ball with planning and adding meal plans on here and it was fab!!

I have around two stone to lose and its people like you that keep me going!!:)

hello - just wanted to say - don't don't don't stop going to class - the run up to Christmas is the most difficult food wise and over Christmas, of course, and you could easily let it slip and gain more than a few pounds. At least going to class it will TRY and keep you on the straight and narrow - so to speak.

I have lost 2 stones or thereabouts about 3 - 5 times with SW and stopped going to class because I either couldn't afford it or I wasn't losing weight etc - and every time I have regained the weight. All of it - plus a few extra pounds.

THIS time I am determined to carry on at class whether I lose or not - I NEED to lose another stone or thereabouts but I do know that IF I give up again I will just regain that weight again.

You have done so well. Wanted to wish you all the luck in the world to get your head back into gear and continue on.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU !

Back