July money challenge

I don't think I'm doing too bad at the mo managed to pay £400 off the credit card so £950 left to pay hoping to pay another £300 off this later when my rent off my tenants gets paid in !!
Hoping to get it all paid out off Julys pay day so August and sept will all be for Florida then !!
Have had a few things sell on e bay and have a couple off maxi dresses to put on to sell too !
This will all go in my tin for holiday and airport spends !!
Off out for a meal tonight but hubby is paying and I also have to send out a letter to claim back my hubby's dentist fees which was £40 so that will go off the credit card too

Looks like you are doing really well to me babybuffy!

I have a few things that I could put on ebay as well - including a french connection dress I haven't worn and have had it for about 3 years so I need to get that on there. The problem I have is that it is very low cut and my boobs are way too big to fit into it so its difficult to post it up as I cant 'model' it. Need to rope in a skinny friend i think

Well I have started off the day pretty well because my expenses came through and I immediately paid off the overdue council tax along with this months payment so I am up to date on that now. When bf gets paid on Friday I am going to pay one extra month service/maintenance charge which will leave me with one outstanding month to pay next month (which I can do with my overtime).

So it looks like next month my bills will be up to date and all I will need to worry about paying off will be the cc and overdraft. Still a mountain to climb but a lot better than it was last week!

I did use the cc this morning to renew my car insurance which although I didn't want to use it, I have saved £70 by not paying monthly so pleased with that as well.

Are you all being thrifty and saving?!

Can't say am being thrifty or scrimping, making money keeps leading to spending money, although I guess I do put away 80% of what I make, so that's a lot better than nothing *tries to find the silver lining*
Really want to go back to Florida and am currently debating whether to go on the cruise or not (not paid just £300 deposit) before I start paying that off, think I'm just anxious as never been on one before.

Everyone is doing so good, well done guys *hugs everyone in the hopes it'll rub off* :D x

Why are you changing your mind about the cruise?

Not changed it yet just thinking about it. I think I'mj just anxious as its a lot of sea days crossing the Atlantic and a little nervous as have never been on one before and not sure what to expect x

Yeah the claustrophobic element does worry me. I think I'm just nervous, I've always wanted to go on one, and I think if it was just round an area such as Europe I probably wouldn't be as worried, it's the 9 days at sea crossing the Atlantic that is bothering me. I know it's safe blah blah blah but still doesn't stop me lol

Well I was shocked with what I managed to see. Especially the popcorn markups!!!

Not surprised with theme park prices though. Always knew they were fixed.

It's the end of my week today and I have gone over budget....by £1.50 because my bf wanted a drink on the way to work this morning.

Pretty pleased I stuck to it - and I took the extra £1.50 out of next weeks money so no drama there.

I will start the week with £48.50 tomorrow and try to make that last!

Fab :) well done sparty :)

Oh god someone please talk me out of spending £500 on a new tv (although it's a fab deal costs £1500 new in the shops) see talking myself into, please talk me out of it as i can't see any logical reason not to....

what about your holiday pot??? £500 towards that would be a massive achievement!! dont do it pixie - STEP AWAY FROM THE TV!!!

Back