July starters support post

sliminthecity said:
Wow it's great to see my fellows July starters doing so well, the losses are clocking up now :) I'm really not liking all this " I've only lost..." stuff though - EVERY loss is a massive achievement and a step closer to the goal, don't forget this! It would be amazing if we lost what we wanted each and every week however our bodies work in their own ways. Stick to the plan and the weight will come off :)
Let's be positive and celebrate the losses :)

Absolutely true... I need to remember just that :)

Alex
Xx

Hi folks- I started on Monday using up some leftover WTG shakes had a crap day yesterday but doing ok today. Sample pack arrived today - very impressed with the speed of delivery. Had soup for lunch and that helped heat me up cos I am very cold!! Did CD a few years ago so I know what to expect.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE xxx

Oops just realised I had already commented on this thread so I am repeating myself - blame the fuzzy brain days due to carb withdrawal LOL

Would have to agree with Slim, any loss is a good loss. More power to you if you loose large.

Doing slim and save imperfectly, but perfectly enough for me to be loosing reasonably so I am happy with that.

Onwards and downwards ladies x

I'm doing 4 packs, 3 shakes and a bar. Think it'll be easier to stick to if I do it that way :) xxxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Bleugh, had a bad day today. :-( eaten waaaaaaay too much, I need a kick up the bum not to do this on TOTM. :-(

So today I have eaten

1 x red fruits shake
1 x toffee shake
2 x chicken breasts
1 x dark choc coconut bar
3 x boiled eggs
1 x mac and cheese
Half a cauliflower,
3 slices cooked chicken

I am so annoyed with myself, I suppose the only good thing is that I didn't go and eat a load of carbs, I have just been really hungry, prob through boredom I suppose, but still, ridiculous amount to eat. :-( xx

You should have still stayed on keypads do no damage done really. Just carry on as normal and you will be fine. Half way through 2nd week and it is getting easier not hungry as such but do crave things especially sugary stuff it will get easier

slimmerwithin said:
You should have still stayed on keypads do no damage done really. Just carry on as normal and you will be fine. Half way through 2nd week and it is getting easier not hungry as such but do crave things especially sugary stuff it will get easier

Thanks hun, fingers crossed that everything will work out. Going to stick to it 100% now. Got a wives exercise on the weekend, but have got a plan in my head, so hopefully all will be ok!! :) I just want to get a few weeks in, and start seeing/feeling the difference! X

Low carbs so you should be ok if you get back on track! Good luck x

Day two for me, just having a crispy Choc shake and very nice it is too!!

Was starving when I went to bed last night though and miserable!..hopefully it'll get better!

Anyway, 2lbs down already from yesterday so that'll plough me through another day.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck everyone! If you're struggling with being hungry it really does pass a few days in. have a cup of bouillon (it's like soup) and drink plenty of water you will get there! x

My first day today. I have a headache already, surely this cant be from the diet when i've only really missed one meal?

Anyway, i had the crispy choc shake for breakfast and it was not nice. Didnt like the bits in it so wont be buying that one again. I have chicken soup for dinner hope its nice. Everyone is in the office eating there dinner and it smells great! But i have 5 pairs of size 10 shorts i need to fit into for my holiday so must keep telling my self that :)

Hows everyone doing today? x

Where do you get bouillon and is it allowed unlimited? Sooooo cold!!!

Day 4 for me!

I'm in 3 packs a sat and 100g protein/200g veg.
Usually have the protein and veg for dinner and the shakes for breakfast/lunch/snack.

But today!

I have already had two shakes AND double the protein I'm allowed :-(

I'm so hungry and feel terrible! So grateful and thankful I have not yet reached for a lot lay or something equally as carby - but still feel SO bad about the chicken :-(

Feel so bad! x

Ela ine said:
Day 4 for me!

I'm in 3 packs a sat and 100g protein/200g veg.
Usually have the protein and veg for dinner and the shakes for breakfast/lunch/snack.

But today!

I have already had two shakes AND double the protein I'm allowed :-(

I'm so hungry and feel terrible! So grateful and thankful I have not yet reached for a lot lay or something equally as carby - but still feel SO bad about the chicken :-(

Feel so bad! x

I had a very similar day yesterday (middle of my TOTM week) and I ate 2 chicken breasts and 3 eggs plus 3 slices cooked chicken in addition to my normal meals/shakes!! Felt absolutely awful, BUT today I am not hungry, not craving anything, I had a cookies and cream shake for breakfast and a strawberry one for lunch, had 2l of water so far, and 3 coffees. Feeling a lot more positive today.

Everyone has "off" days, but at least it's not carbs so you will still be in ketosis.

Keep it up and think positively. Xxx

The ideal on this diet is to be 100%, there is no getting away from that. 100% focus guarentee's you a stone a month or there abouts. We all know what the optimum is, and when we achieves those optimum days and optimum weeks we reap the rewards of that self discipline.

However and it is a big however, I know that I am not always 100%. I struggle with my psychological need to eat and some times I am human and I cave. What I try not to do is beat myself up about it. When I do beat myself up about my lapse (whatever it might be from ketogenic protein that won't kick me out of ketosis to substances that will), I can almost guarentee that I end up making myself feel really bad.:cry:And what do I know best to do to comfort myself when I am feeling bad it by using food. Vicious cycle then, eat feel bad, eat some more feel really bad !

So moral of the story if you have resorted to a lapse for what ever reason. Stop take a deep breath. Look at what triggered the lapse. How were you feeling? If you are out of the first week it is usually emotional hunger you are eating from rather than true physical hunger. Instead of beating yourself up about it, have a think of what you could do different next time. Could you avoid the situation ? Could you strangle the person that upset you ? ( joke !)

Try whatever you do to stop that horrible voice in your head from beating you up as it is not going to do you any favours in the long run. Encouragement works better than a big stick !

Onwards and downwards xx

Hello all, 3 days on 2 Asda shakes and meal completeda followed by 3 days on Slim and save completed (I was in the zone so started asdas with the view to seeing how it went but then got really interested in slim and save so went and ordered!) Not had any hunger issues but a corking headache for 2 of the days and lots of water means loads of loo trips! Weighed myself today as I work away from home and started off on my home scales so didn't want to go and wi away on different scales. 12lbs gone and I feel less bloated. Fab.

Clarabow said:
The ideal on this diet is to be 100%, there is no getting away from that. 100% focus guarentee's you a stone a month or there abouts. We all know what the optimum is, and when we achieves those optimum days and optimum weeks we reap the rewards of that self discipline.

However and it is a big however, I know that I am not always 100%. I struggle with my psychological need to eat and some times I am human and I cave. What I try not to do is beat myself up about it. When I do beat myself up about my lapse (whatever it might be from ketogenic protein that won't kick me out of ketosis to substances that will), I can almost guarentee that I end up making myself feel really bad.:cry:And what do I know best to do to comfort myself when I am feeling bad it by using food. Vicious cycle then, eat feel bad, eat some more feel really bad !

So moral of the story if you have resorted to a lapse for what ever reason. Stop take a deep breath. Look at what triggered the lapse. How were you feeling? If you are out of the first week it is usually emotional hunger you are eating from rather than true physical hunger. Instead of beating yourself up about it, have a think of what you could do different next time. Could you avoid the situation ? Could you strangle the person that upset you ? ( joke !)

Try whatever you do to stop that horrible voice in your head from beating you up as it is not going to do you any favours in the long run. Encouragement works better than a big stick !

Onwards and downwards xx

Completely agree :)

Excuse typos lol

Struggling.com

Mille said:
Struggling.com

My top 3 tips when struggling are-
1. Drink water, then drink
Some more.
2. Find something to keep yourself busy- go a walk, read a book etc
3. Have an early night.

Good luck it does get easier x