July starters support post

MissMuNkY said:
Thanks, I'm well prepared on water I have a million bottles in the fridge lol

Gonna have the oatmeal for breakfast, but won't have it for another few hours yet.

I had that for my first meal too . I added too much water though :-( add a little at first and gradually build it up x

That's fab lulu :)

Thanks I will definately do that I love porridge of all kinds so hoping it's nice!! Onto my first half litre of water and sipping it slowing.

I wonder if there is an app that lets you track how much water intake you have each day. Off to check :)

MissMuNkY said:
That's fab lulu :)

Thanks I will definately do that I love porridge of all kinds so hoping it's nice!! Onto my first half litre of water and sipping it slowing.

I wonder if there is an app that lets you track how much water intake you have each day. Off to check :)

Think there is one called waterlogged. Sure someone on here mentioned it :) good luck x

Clarabow said:
The ideal on this diet is to be 100%, there is no getting away from that. 100% focus guarentee's you a stone a month or there abouts. We all know what the optimum is, and when we achieves those optimum days and optimum weeks we reap the rewards of that self discipline.

However and it is a big however, I know that I am not always 100%. I struggle with my psychological need to eat and some times I am human and I cave. What I try not to do is beat myself up about it. When I do beat myself up about my lapse (whatever it might be from ketogenic protein that won't kick me out of ketosis to substances that will), I can almost guarentee that I end up making myself feel really bad.:cry:And what do I know best to do to comfort myself when I am feeling bad it by using food. Vicious cycle then, eat feel bad, eat some more feel really bad !

So moral of the story if you have resorted to a lapse for what ever reason. Stop take a deep breath. Look at what triggered the lapse. How were you feeling? If you are out of the first week it is usually emotional hunger you are eating from rather than true physical hunger. Instead of beating yourself up about it, have a think of what you could do different next time. Could you avoid the situation ? Could you strangle the person that upset you ? ( joke !)

Try whatever you do to stop that horrible voice in your head from beating you up as it is not going to do you any favours in the long run. Encouragement works better than a big stick !

Onwards and downwards xx

Awww this is too true. Thank you :)

sliminthecity said:
My top 3 tips when struggling are-
1. Drink water, then drink
Some more.
2. Find something to keep yourself busy- go a walk, read a book etc
3. Have an early night.

Good luck it does get easier x

Haha I've had so many early nights - to stop me from eating!

MissMuNkY said:
Well it's arrived, I start tomorrow :)

Good luck!

triage999 said:
Morning all, another 1/2 pound off for me today and I had a sneaky wine last night......

That's 8.5lbs gone in 5 days......although only started S&S on Wednesday, which is 4 days ago. I'm still keeping my WI days to a Monday though and I am unfortunately a daily weigh'er!!

Just had the strawberry shake and have to say it was the nicest replacement shake I've ever had!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's an amazing loss! Well done x

Clarabow said:
Just a quick drop in will catch up with posts later ... 7lb off at weigh in. Stone off in a month. Very happy woman. Even doing it as imperfectly as I do is having good results.

Stick at it ladies, it works out in the end xx

Omg! Another amazing loss!!!!! Well done!!!

Hi guys.... Well was doing well and thankful for my loss (Day 4) but then caved yesterday and had chicken, more chicken, then boiled eggs and then in the evening - curry!

I now feel sick as well as guilty . Ugh. Can't believe I ate. I feel horrible. Genuine guilt. I think it was because I had a Pepsi max at about 11 o clock... Or maye because it was day 6... I don't know I just feel awful.

Probably gained. Who knows how much :-(

Meh. Do I just start again or is there some sort of 'eat less' process. I dunno. There's nowhere that really informs you what to do if you all put fail :-(

Ela ine said:
Awww this is too true. Thank you :)

Haha I've had so many early nights - to stop me from eating!

Good luck!

That's an amazing loss! Well done x

Omg! Another amazing loss!!!!! Well done!!!

Hi guys.... Well was doing well and thankful for my loss (Day 4) but then caved yesterday and had chicken, more chicken, then boiled eggs and then in the evening - curry!

I now feel sick as well as guilty . Ugh. Can't believe I ate. I feel horrible. Genuine guilt. I think it was because I had a Pepsi max at about 11 o clock... Or maye because it was day 6... I don't know I just feel awful.

Probably gained. Who knows how much :-(

Meh. Do I just start again or is there some sort of 'eat less' process. I dunno. There's nowhere that really informs you what to do if you all put fail :-(

Draw a line and restart straight away!!! We are only human :) x

cinderzxx said:
Triage, I'm a serial weigher too... maybe a little too influenced by the scales, should go more on my clothes maybe. But day 3 here for me and just hopped on scales to see 3lb loss :) so that's kept me going a bit. Working nightshift tonight tho so trying to space my packs out a bit, usually snack when I'm doing nights and there's always treats around. Eeek. Coke zero will hopefully save me!

Hope everyone is getting on ok xx

Well done Cinderz!!

I'm on nights too at the moment and it hasn't been too bad.....! Last one tonight though, yaaaaayyyy!

Well day 5 here for me and another lb gone taking total loss in that time to 9lbs.....

4lbs away from goal!! Unbelievable!!! Although that goal is my original one set last September when i was almost 12 stone as its the top end of my healthy weight range and I thought I'd never see it!

I'm going to continue after that to get to the low 9's so I have some flexibility!

Really hoping to see the 9's for the first time in years this week!!

Hello all, hope you don't mind me crashing on the party I'm on day 6 of a restart, I originally lost weight doing Exante had 3 months totally off plan gained back 22lbs and decided enough was enough! So here I am day 6 and I have to say its been easier than I thought it would be to get back 'on the wagon' although there are still times where I could eat my own arm off!!! I have my weigh in tomorrow so I'm a touch nervous! I've had my TOTM this week also (why does it always seem to join you on your first week?) This is my first week on the slim and save program and I am impressed, just hope I'm as impressed with the movement in the scales! x

PerfectPudding said:
Hello all, hope you don't mind me crashing on the party I'm on day 6 of a restart, I originally lost weight doing Exante had 3 months totally off plan gained back 22lbs and decided enough was enough! So here I am day 6 and I have to say its been easier than I thought it would be to get back 'on the wagon' although there are still times where I could eat my own arm off!!! I have my weigh in tomorrow so I'm a touch nervous! I've had my TOTM this week also (why does it always seem to join you on your first week?) This is my first week on the slim and save program and I am impressed, just hope I'm as impressed with the movement in the scales! x

Good luck Perfect!

Let us know how you get on x

Hello all
I failed last week so am back on the wagon tomorrow I keep telling myself I will suceed I will lose 2 stones on 8 weeks. Wish me luck keep everything crossed.

Well I survived day 1, and it wasn't half bad :)

Well fellow sns'ers I had my first weigh in of my restart this morning and I've lost 14lbs! Whoop whoop 1 stone gone in a week!!!!!! So I'm now 14st 8lbs!!! So pleased!!! On to week 2 just hoping such a dramatic loss won't mean a sts this week! :-( x

Well done everyone, looks like were all doing well in here! I'm on day 13 now still really enjoying myself! looking forward to WI on wed :)

Great weight loss Pudding :)

Well it's day 2 and before I went to sleep I was thinking I bet I'm gonna wake up so hungry but I didn't and I'm glad, I'm a little hungry but nothing to panic about :p

Just made myself a cup of tea which will keep me going a while before I have my first pack, the funny thing is I never drink tea and yesterday I really needed one when I was dipping between packs and having the feeling I wanted to eat my arm off and it saved me lol

Day one and feeling really good in the right frame of mind I can do this

PerfectPudding said:
Well fellow sns'ers I had my first weigh in of my restart this morning and I've lost 14lbs! Whoop whoop 1 stone gone in a week!!!!!! So I'm now 14st 8lbs!!! So pleased!!! On to week 2 just hoping such a dramatic loss won't mean a sts this week! :-( x

Oh my goodness that's an amazing loss! Even if you do stay the same - that will still be 14lbs in two weeks :O

Clareel said:
Well done everyone, looks like were all doing well in here! I'm on day 13 now still really enjoying myself! looking forward to WI on wed :)

Wooo almost two weeks!!! And really another day 'till your weigh in! Wooo!

MissMuNkY said:
Great weight loss Pudding :)

Well it's day 2 and before I went to sleep I was thinking I bet I'm gonna wake up so hungry but I didn't and I'm glad, I'm a little hungry but nothing to panic about :p

Just made myself a cup of tea which will keep me going a while before I have my first pack, the funny thing is I never drink tea and yesterday I really needed one when I was dipping between packs and having the feeling I wanted to eat my arm off and it saved me lol

Haha I live on tea! Literally!!! Drink about 8 cups a day!!

Mille said:
Day one and feeling really good in the right frame of mind I can do this

:bunnydance: wooo!!

Hi all! Day one of my restart and have decided to have 4 shakes rather than 3 and a meal. At least for a few days... Will help get me focused on no food! Eating seems to just make me hungry! Hope everyone else is having a great day!

Aww no! I've just ate a hotdog cheese slice and had a small piece of turkish delight and some little sweets at work! Do u think i'll have knocked myself out of ketosis? I'm so mad i was doin so well :( x

you probably have with the sweets - but i doubt the cheese would knock you out x

Back