July starters support post

Hi all,

Im on day 8 and weighed in yesterday with a loss of 8lbs for the first week. It was hard the first few days and I ordered some things that i hate such as all the bars. I then tried the dark choc truffa and was in heaven. I felt really bored on saturday as family going to kfc. I decided to ring the chinese and got chicken with stirfried veg (no noodles or onions) and I poured this into a bowl and brought it to kfc!!. I ate this while the family was eating their kfc chicken and really enjoyed myself. In the cinema, i had my dark choc truffa bar with a coke zero.

Honestly, I lost 8lbs so I really have no excuse to fall off the wagon on this diet.

Nottl tried them yet, sorry.

I have a quick question too is wrigleys extra sugar free chewing gum okay to chew on?

Hi all, welcome to everyone just starting out and good luck :)if you can stick to it this diet will give you the results you want in no time :)

Well I had my 2nd WI today and lost 1lb which im happy with, it's what I deserve after a weekend of not being 100%, plus week 2 is always a small loss for me on this or any diet.

I only have 3 more days worth of packs left and then I'll be calling it a day with slimand save. I don't have too much more to lose and am going to adopt a paleo style of diet as the low carbing I have learned during s and s has really suited me! I feel so much more energised not to be bogged down with carbs!

Hello fellow sns'ers I just wanted to say well done to everyone and thank you for your encouragement x
Whilst I was doing exante I drank as much coke zero and Dr pepper zero as I wanted ( sometimes 2-3litres a day! ) so I've just carried it over to sns. It hasn't effected my losses at all, I also chew on sugar free gum as ketosis breath is just rank! :) x

Oh no! The dreaded head ache has arrived! I've managed to avoid it until now. I've also jst ate about ten lil jelly sweeties again what is wrong with me i was doin so well x

How far are you in Lulu i have the headache but only on day 2!!!
Oh dear temptation is so hard isn,t it just try too move on now with a positive attidude it isn,t the end of the world and if you carry on with the plan now you will be fine i,m sure throw away any sweets if you can i had too as really wanted them last night lol x

Put washing up liquid on the sweets and get them into the bin. Just draw a line under it all and move on!!

Hi everyone! Day 2 of my re-start and had a choc truffa bar with a cup of tea...... Oh.My.God they ate delicious! Glad I ordered 14 (a months worth of S&S arrived today! Wooooo feeling positive about this.

Now I have the bars and meal packs I feel loads more positve and am confident I can commit to this - 100%!!

:)

Good luck to the new starters.
And for everyone re/starting/struggling. I caved last week and ended up eating for three solid days! It was totally not worth it, not only did I feel absolutely awful all weekend but it was so SO hard to get back on track. Tried sat, tried sun. No avail :-(

I ended up re-starting this monday with a STS weigh in of last week (I had, by Thursday lost 4lbs - in 4 days!!) so complete gained that back :-(

I just asked myself on Monday why did I want to do this and why a vlcd was right for me.
Especially with the packs, bars, added meal etc there is so much choice and variety on this diet,

Okay I can't have chocolate buttons (for example) but I know what they taste like and I *woll* be able to eat them again - just not know.

I took the plunge and ordered a month's supply of S&S 4 day packs (will alternate between 4 and 3 and a meal) as I am skint at the moment this another push I needed - not going to pay all that money and then cheat!

We can do this! July will be over before we know it and there will be much *less* of us going in to August!!!! Keep going!!!
xxxx

crystel said:
How far are you in Lulu i have the headache but only on day 2!!!
Oh dear temptation is so hard isn,t it just try too move on now with a positive attidude it isn,t the end of the world and if you carry on with the plan now you will be fine i,m sure throw away any sweets if you can i had too as really wanted them last night lol x

I'm on day six was 100% till yesterday. I feel really ill now and i've just had some cheese. Oops! I have a headache feel really tired and my hayfevers bad so going to have the mushroom pasta for tea thn have a earlier night i think.

Its the sweets in my office at work i'm sure my colleagues wouldnt appreciate that lol x

Day two not to bad a bit hungry and I have a headache totm as well but im going strong i will shift this weight once and for all.

Well done everyone on here and good luck

I'm on day six was 100% till yesterday. I feel really ill now and i've just had some cheese. Oops! I have a headache feel really tired and my hayfevers bad so going to have the mushroom pasta for tea thn have a earlier night i think.

Its the sweets in my office at work i'm sure my colleagues wouldnt appreciate that lol x
LOL no your work mates wouldn,t appreciate you throwing there sweets away, i just had the mushroom pasta but mine didn,t have any instructions on it and ended up looking like mushroom soup lol hope the rest of your day goes ok x

Only just round to having a good luck about!!!

Only just seen this thread!!!

Good luck all you new starters!!!

: ) X

A few questions to any one that can answer
Instead of having my pack tonight I have had about 100g of chicken and 200g of veg with a very small amount of gravy and no pack
only reason is that I had chicken Is I needed to cook a whole one and didn't want to waste it will this affect anything, I have had about 70g of chicken today aswell as 2 packs,
Thanks

The chicken wont matter but the gravy may take u over on your carbs!!!! Depending on whats in it!? Do u use Myfitnesspal? It'll help u track what ur having

; ) X

Sounds like it'll be fine!!!! Dont worry about extra protein!!!!!!! I have it when I'm exercising!!!! : ) X

Hi everyone, I wondered if you could all offer me some advice and help, I'm really canny baffled by VLCD. And after being on Slimming world since the end of feb and only losing a stone (I have had good and bad weeks, I gain but loads of STS, so I am a really slow loser) despite becoming loads more active, I walk like 2-4 miles a day, do the 30 day shred, and swim maybe once a week, its not really helping the losses, when I don't stick the SW plan, I still cal count on MFP, which shows I should be losing and aren't :( so I started looking into slim and save, loads of people have mentioned this plan as being the tastiest and easiest to stick to. SOOOO i took the plunge and ordered my taster pack, going out saturday but thought i'd start on sunday as I'll definitely be drinking. I go to thailand in 5 weeks today and really wanted to do this until I go, to quickly shift a stone or so, do you think that will work?? And if I come of it for my holiday will I just gain it all back in that time? Thai food is pretty healthy, and I was going to stick to SW again during and after the holiday, so hopefully that SHOULD stop me gaining?? Is that how it works? Sorry I've never done anything like this, or know anyone that has who can advise me? Do I keep exercising? And what exactly can I and can't I eat? Eagerly awaiting my packs! I kinda wish I wasn't going out on saturday so I could start on thursday when the box comes but I promised I would and I haven't been dancing forever!! Thank you all for your advice (if anyone even answers my stupid rant!!) oooo also, is it a nightmare to deal with the hunger?? Are you super hungry??

Thanks sorry again for the essay! Charl. xx

They work byt putting you in ketosis(Fat burning) you can just stick to packs or have packs and a meal....

Do you drink lots of water... its weird how you are not losing with all the exercise your doing!!! But I reckon you could drop at least a stone and a half in 5 weeks.... this diet is tough but the results are amazing.... if you do it till the week before and then re-feed you shouldn't gain too much (As long as u dont go too crazy on holiday) lol...

5 weeks is do-able.... take the plunge.... you wont regret it hun!!!!

: ) X

Morning all....day 8 for me and WI....9.5lbs gone and only 4lbs until my goal....

I switched from Atkins just for a boost to my metabolism and was hoping to lose a couple of lbs but 9.5 is brilliant!

9st 11lbs is the top end of my healthy weight range as I'm 5ft 2", I feel with this though I'm going to now be aiming for the lower 9's, I never thought I'd get to 9st 11lbs or anywhere near it last Christmas at almost 12st, the year before I was 13st 3....it's been one hell of a journey but one I'm glad I've accomplished! Well almost, 4lbs to go.....I'm currently 10st 1lb

I also had 3 meals this week, 2 of the mornings I had 4 bacon medallions, 1 egg and mushrooms followed by 3 packs and on Monday night I had a harvester steak and chicken combo with a skewer of prawns and salad from the buffet including coleslaw and crispy onions as it was DD's birthday, oh and a large dry white wine!

So I am really chuffed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
wooo 5lbs off today = 16lbs in 2 weeks!! :wow:

Back