July starters support post

Well done for gettin back on track! Must be really hard when you stray a bit as surely the cravings come back, so that's awesome. Pretty sure am in ketosis now, as hungers gone and even though I've been up since 4:30 I'm still full of beans! Bit peckish but nothing like the last few days. Going to try for a 4 pack day tomorrow and see how it goes. Hope everyone gets a good sleep! More than 4 hours would be delightful for myself!! Xx

Day 3 nearly over and it's going better then before so fingers crossed I've found my mojo. Well done and good luck to everyone on hear looking forward to weigh in on Sunday keep going chicks

Day 3 soooo nearly over and this is when I've been giving in and having an extra pack as the hungers been too much. But although my stomach is rumbling like mad, and going crazy, I feel like I can control it. Woooo! Day 3 and 100% completely on plan, no little extra bit of protein here or there. And I sat and watched the fam eat one of my fave meals, after cooking it for them. These little things are making me feel a little stronger everyday. Totally changing my attitude to food, how cool! I keep thinking, wow when I stop 1200 cals a day is going to feel like loads! Hope your all doing ok?? Wish i'd found this diet a few months ago now! Xx

Feeling rough as ten bears ! Run down and a bit fluey. Could this be the "atkins flu" that people talk about when they go into ketosis? Not hungry which is good, but really shattered. Day 4 for me, hope to be all sorted by the weekend.

Doing well out there ladies keep it up x

Feeling more hungry today than yesterday which is weird but feel like I can control it more now and not pick at protein.

Has anyone noticed since starting this diet just how constantly we are bombarded with images and advertising for food? It's no wonder the uk has rising weight issues when all we are shown is either perfume ads with models or ads for junk food! X

I know it's a bit late in the month, but I re-started on Monday after a break for AI holiday. I was worried that it would be really hard to get back to it, but I haven't found it too bad. Day 2 I ate more protein than I should and yesterday had a meal out. I chose chicken and bacon salad, (with French dressing - i should have asked not to have this, but couldn't resist!) it was delicious! Day 4 for me today and still feeling pretty good. Don't think I'm in ketosis yet due to the extra protein, but it's kept me on the diet so not too worried. During my break I out on 9.5 lbs which I didn't think was too bad. Am hoping it will be off by weigh-in next Tuesday. Will update next goal and ticker etc then.

I'm really really struggling today :( At soft play with my kids and I'm so horribly hungry. Argh! It's day 4 so thought would be easier and I feel just as bad as day 1. Pinched like 5 of my kids chips and now feel so guilty. Not sure if this plan is for me really as food guilt is the worst feeling. Oh man. X

Stop pinching! Have a bottle of diet coke if you can buy one! (if they don't have zero) I'd take the citric acid over the carbs anyway!! Be strong and think how happy you will be later when you have done it! I couple of chips won't kill you don't feel guilty but not stopping yourself now may affect you a lot worse!! You can do this! Imagine your first weigh in! Imagine yourself at goal and smile at how happy this will make you! It's all psychological and you CAN and WILL cope!!! :) xxx

I think I'm just pissy too as I checked my weight hoping for a loss and I haven't really got one. That'll Teach me for weighing midweek. I think it may be pmt though, as I'm really bloated, but really hungry and being pretty pissy mood wise, so could be that. With Pmt I'm always ravenous, like ridiculous hungry. Made the lady take the plate away, done a little 2mile walk too and going to do some ab work later to make myself feel better. I just bought another box so would be stupid to quit and I'm getting some coke zero as soon as I leave!! And maybe some king prawns as that's an ok thing I think? Argh! I think I was just holding out til day 4 expecting some kind of lightbulb miracle of no hunger and today has been awful!

Thank u! Xx

Some people don't get ketogenic untill day 6!! Probably the walk that's made you hungry! I understand how you feel though I get proper grumpy when I weigh with little or no loss but remember you will loose no matter what no matter when because of the calorie deficit sometime you get a woosh at the end of a week and sometimes it's slowly lost over the week! Don't worry yourself! It will make you more stressed and want to cave even more! Keep smiling it will bring happy endorphins out even when you are grumpy and focus on the you in a few months time!! :)

I woke up mega hungry and it hasn't gone away at all. I'm gonna put my money on pmt as my skin has gone quite greasy too. And I'm being snappy, unless it's the cal deficit thats making me like it but was ok last few days.

Although the days gettin on and by the time we've been shopping and I've cooked for the troops another day will be done. Nearly 100% apart from those pesky 5 chips! Checked on MFP and daily carbs still 58 so ok I think? Xx

Wow Bridie I like the way you think! Very positive great to read for us new comers well I'm more of a restarter than new! But still your comments are very inspiring :)

I'm on my first day TFR and I've had two sweets, sort of cheating but if these boiled sweets keep me from eating a whole meal then I'll get to my goal sooner this way, but will I ever go into ketosis if I do this? :) xx

In aldi's they sell sugar free sweets that dont have citric acid they are hard boiled! Perhaps something like that would be better than the sugar in the normal boiled sweets! I used to eat the aldi ones last time I did slim and save when I was at my wits end and it made no difference to my losses however that's a personal comment I'm not suggesting it won't effect your losses or anyone else's good luck oh and I lost 3.5 stone I ate the sweets once a week on a Friday it was my treat to myself

charl_young said:
I woke up mega hungry and it hasn't gone away at all. I'm gonna put my money on pmt as my skin has gone quite greasy too. And I'm being snappy, unless it's the cal deficit thats making me like it but was ok last few days.

Although the days gettin on and by the time we've been shopping and I've cooked for the troops another day will be done. Nearly 100% apart from those pesky 5 chips! Checked on MFP and daily carbs still 58 so ok I think? Xx
Yea 58 carbs are fine :) don't you worry!!
Slinkyson said:
Wow Bridie I like the way you think! Very positive great to read for us new comers well I'm more of a restarter than new! But still your comments are very inspiring :)

Thank you!! Having had wait disorders I now have the ability to control the guilt feelings (or more like force myself not to feel them) everything works better when your positive! :) ad over the years (not including weight lost when I had the disorders) I've lost over 3 stone! Not all at once but I think it's pretty impressive and any small goal we achieve is worth smiling about! I have mini goals all the time to keep me smiling and motivated and I've learnt not to get too annoyed about little mishaps as the annoyance leads to bigger ones! And smiling about them and realising your only human makes you persevere in a positive way! :)

Slinkyson said:
In aldi's they sell sugar free sweets that dont have citric acid they are hard boiled! Perhaps something like that would be better than the sugar in the normal boiled sweets! I used to eat the aldi ones last time I did slim and save when I was at my wits end and it made no difference to my losses however that's a personal comment I'm not suggesting it won't effect your losses or anyone else's good luck oh and I lost 3.5 stone I ate the sweets once a week on a Friday it was my treat to myself

Hehe I have rhubarb and custard sweets from aldi - in the pink packet. I don't think they're sugar free though :( oh well, I'll try to stick to 2 sweets a week if I'm feeling really hungry.
3.5 stone! Amazing!! Well done :) xx

What's so bad about citric acid??xxxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

svincent said:
What's so bad about citric acid??xxxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Can knock you out of ketosis (for some) x

Anyone on their first month and worrying about losses or wanting info on why it will work read the stuff I posted on page 1 of my diary - its long but it helped me so so much when I did my first few weeks so I'd feel selfish not to tell u that right now when you are worrying about it all x

How's everyone doing ??

Day 4 for me and feeling great today have tons of energy :) had chicken tonight with the chilli which was just yummy.

I've been invited to 2 bbq over the weekend and i don't know what to do about it, any tips please. i actually can't go since its the inlaws and they want to see the kids.

Back