July Starters

I just can't stomach the soups- think it's the smell! So I'm swapping all my soups for more bars and shakes tomorrow. Not getting much support from friends/boyfriend at the moment so feeling a bit crappy today : ( still not going to cheat though!!

Hello! I'm restarting tomorrow (had a previous attempt that lasted four weeks, lost 1.5 stones, but fell by the wayside). Counsellor on holiday next week, but I really want to start this week coz I'm not at work and the kids are still at school so lots of me time when I'm feeling crappy. Anyway, she's kindly letting me have a pop in tomorrow and start this week, although I won't have a meeting for 10 days. In a way I think that'll be good because I can just knuckle down and get on with it (and spend a lot of time on here...!)

I like to stick to traditional meal times - I figure that once I start eating again it will be good to have a routine and not snack!

I'm trying to up my water intake so aiming to get a litre down between packs - easy said than done though!

My pack routine!

Breakfast: Vanilla Shake before I go to work so usually at 8am.
Lunch: Soup either Veg or Chicken at work usually 1pm
Dinner: Either Chilli Con Carne or another soup, usually at around 6pm
Snack: Either a toffee bar or hot chocolate!

So my first 3 packs are usually 5 hours apart. Then last pack/bar is only a few hours later.

I've gotten myself into a weird system though! In the 2 days before my weigh in, (Tuesday and Wednesday) I have
Breakfast: Vanilla Shake
Lunch: Soup
Dinner: Vanilla Shake
Snack: Hot Chocolate
As I always think it'll help me lose more weight...wrong I know, but I just know the week I don't do just liquids for 2 days, i'll have a disappointing loss! Does anybody else have any 'pre-weigh in rituals'?

As for water, I try to drink 2 litres before 12pm and the remaining 2 by 4pm at the latest, otherwise i'm up all night!

Natasha - How are you feeling today honey!! Hope you are feeling better! Why is it do you think that they are not supporting you? Are they worried you are going to change and slip away from them?

I am having corker heacaches! im on day 3 now - not one slip up. i felt really sick last night, so i just went to bed. i have just popped some pills and thought i would come on here to keep myself going!!

Hope you gals are doing okay!

I pick up my packs today so will start tomorrow. I'm having pre-diet jitters! I keep thinking, no, this is too extreme, I should just try slimming world etc. but I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt (which no longer fits) etc...I'm just nervous. I'm starting by saying I'll do 28 days, which wil take me to mid August.

I wish we could hibernate. I'd love to go to sleep for 100 days and wake up skinny!!!

Well done Melarnz for keeping going. And Hanmac, I visited your blog last night - really motivating!

you could do nearly 28lbs in 1 28 days!! (you neve know) its only goning to be 2 months out of many many years. and those many years you have coming will be much happier if you are at target!!

ill be honest the last 10 weeks have flown by and it is just amazing a) how fast life goes and b) how much and how quick you can loose with LL.

No need to hibernate, get your head sorted whilst you loose the weight so you dont go back to the old ways

It really does fly by!
I'm almost halfway and find myself feeling sad that it's almost over, as now the next few months will whizz by! :eek:
But then I remember that there's 12 weeks of RTM to complete so it's a while to go for me :rolleyes:

Hey guys.. I had my weigh in and lost 11lbs!! Really can't believe it?! So happy!

It's given me a massive boost.
Well my friends and boyf are just being quite negative about it saying I'll put the weight back on straight away.. And just not being there for me etc! It's times like this I need a drink! Ha ha x

I lost 7.5. Stone, I have put a little bit back on because I went back to eating the way I was before. But that is the same with any diet! They may be feeling a little bit nervous of the new fab you that is emerging. I have had to re-assure hubby many times I'm not going to go off with a younger fitter model. And my best friend is no longer my best friend because I am now slimmer than her and am no longer 'her buffer' ( her words!!)

you will be suprised at how a life changing thing like this will change the feelings if others around you, they will start questiong things too, and some people don't like others suceeding! It's sad, but hopefully they will catch up in the end xxx

Well done Natasha! Fantastic weight loss, To be honest, everyone says that about LL - that you put the weight back on. But I've also put the weight back on on every single diet I've ever been on, so I don't see why this is special, other than it seems to scare people! I'm not going to tell anyone for a while because I don't want to deal with their issues. I've got enough of my own :)

I've done a lot of thinking today about why I want to give this another go, and re reading my posts, I think I've been too negative about it, seeing this as a self-imposed punishment for eating too much and failing at other diets.
I think I need to turn my thinking around. I'm choosing to do this diet. I could try any one of the thousands of other diets about, or simply not diet at all, but I deserve to be comfortable with myself, and this is a quick, if not painless, way of achieving this. Nothing else has worked, and the more diets etc. I try, the more mucked up my thinking about food seems to get, till I can't tell what's what. So I am giving myself a break. I'm taking myself away from food and from intensive exercise for a while to reset my thinking about food. I'm going to use an extreme diet to try and learn moderation and make a better connection between my mind and body.

I hope it works, but if nothing else, at least I feel more positive about starting this journey tomorrow.

Well said mrs Robinson!! Yay you xxx

Yes I agree, but Mrs.Robinson you are doing this as a treat for yourself, not a punishment.
I too had negative reactions from 2 of my skinny friends who found it difficult to deal with the new person who was not their "fat friend" their problem, not mine.
I just let them get on with it. Both got over it in the end, but the friendship with one in particular will never be the same - but then, neither will I.

Mel - 7.5 stone? Blooming hell! That's amazing.. See you did it before! Just remember how you felt then! I'm determined to keep the weight off this time. I'm going to join slimming world or WW as soon as I finish the 100 days or the 2 months (depending on how much I've lost) to make sure I keep on losing or maintaining.. Eating sensibily and excerising.

Mrs R- you can do it- now you have your mind in the right place it will be a walk in the park ; )

My goodness SB were your friends really that blatant?! I know I'm going to get negative reactions from most - I've always been the loud, bubbly life and soul of the party but now I know I was just overcompensating for being fat!

I've decided to avoid all social contact while in abstinence so I don't have to deal with the negativity. It will be interesting to see how they react to me when I see them at a friends wedding in September!

Mrs Robinson - you sound like you are totally in the right frame of mind to do this now - good luck - but I don't think you'll need it!

Hanmac - I love your daily routine - clearly liquids 2 days before works as your losses are great :)

Melarnz - are you over the worst now? Bring on the ketosis!

Its so true what Flexi says - the time flies by - can't believe I'm into my 4th week and well on my way to target - so strange that this diet is difficult and easy at the same time :D

AJB you are an inspiration. And thank you for the kind comments, a lovely boost to my confidence.

So I'm sitting here, Day 1, 0.5 litres down and just having my "porridge" now...

I've just put on my jeans after wearing trackie bottoms for a few days and they're too tight :( Still, on the bright side, in a month or so they'll be too loose!

How long did it take you to drop your first dress size?

Back