jusr registered, will it get better?

alz4jono

hi all, i've just found this wonerfull site & promptly registered so i can get inspiration & hopefully some support
it's my 1st time on lipotrim but i've heard lots of positives about it working :)
i started on saturday so i'm on day 4 now, i don't feel as hungry today & i'm really hoping i don't get another awfull headache (i'm drinking more than the suggested 2litres) but i'm feeling quite weak as in my legs go to jelly when i use the stairs!...please can someone tell me this gets better & easier to do?
yesterday i struggled with the shakes but (touch wood) so far today haven't hit that hurdle, it's a dreadfull feeing :-(
i'm coping better with sorting everybody else's meals than i thought i would so that's a positive!
i'm usually pretty good with willpower, gave up smoking..hence the weight gain! so fingers crossed i will do ok sticking to this

wishing you all success

p.s it's so good to read other people's journey's so thanx

Welcome alzrjono:welcome2:

I have moved your thread here as it will get more attention.

The quick answer is that it will get easier as time goes on and in the first weeks you have got to take it easy as your body adjust to the new diet.

2.5/4 pints of water in addition to the water used to mix your shakes is the recommended water intake over the course of the day and not all at once.

You need to be sure you are taking all of your packs as this is your sole source of nutrition whilst on the diet.

If you drink a half glass of water before your shake it will make it easier to take as it will help dilute the taste.

Your blood pressure drops when on a vlcd so you need to get up slowly from a sitting or lying down position.

It is most lightly you will go into ketosis today and this should help reduce the hunger and make the diet more comfortable.

I felt very tired for the first three weeks myself but never had knees like jelly.

Not sure if you are a man or a woman but I would take a guess you are a man and if so you are on two male servings of Lipotrim a day. To even out your blood sugars over the course of the day you could try by dividing your packs and instead of having two meals in the day, have four mini meals spaced out and see if that helps. You must make each half up fresh and consume within 15 minutes as some of the vitamins are water soluble. If this does not help and you still have the jelly knees I would contact your Pharmacy or drop a line to Lipotrim or your doctor for advice.

hi mini,
lol no i'm all woman
but thanks for the advice
i'm generally feeling better today apart from feeling cold to the bone
panicking a bit as i've just read other posts stating ibufrofen is a no no due to sugar coating!!... eeek i've been taking tham for the headaches!, do you think maybe i've delayed ketosois? hope not so fingers crossed... allie

Hi alz4jono :)

I hope you're feeling a little better than you were. I wanted to wish you luck for the rest of the week and for your first weigh-in. I know what you mean about having the feeling of your legs turning to jelly when you use the stairs. I had my sixth weigh-in today, so I've been on Lipotrim for a little while now, but if I'm feeling tired and carrying my 16 month old daughter up the stairs (two flights) they can sometimes be a little difficult. :D ...but they're much easier than they were at the start of the diet.

hi noitulove, thanks for support
i've felt much better this evening:)
hopefully i'm through the tough bit now, i had to get into bed fully clothed with the electric blanket on this afternoon as i was cold to the bone!, i'm hoping this means it's working lol
wow well done you, it looks like your doing really well :) i've just lost 16lb doing weightwatchers but it took ages & i seem to of hit a post so fingers crossed this will work.
good luck to you too for this weeks weigh-in, mines friday ooow nervous & excited to see how well i've done lol

hi noitulove, thanks for support
i've felt much better this evening:)
hopefully i'm through the tough bit now, i had to get into bed fully clothed with the electric blanket on this afternoon as i was cold to the bone!, i'm hoping this means it's working lol
wow well done you, it looks like your doing really well :) i've just lost 16lb doing weightwatchers but it took ages & i seem to of hit a post so fingers crossed this will work.
good luck to you too for this weeks weigh-in, mines friday ooow nervous & excited to see how well i've done lol

I feel ok on my 2nd day - but am really worried that I will not manage to stick to it. I find it hard not being able to drink anything other than black teas/herb teas/coffee/water.....I hope I manage to keep going.

hi moonagedaydream
if i can do it anyone can!! although i you DO really have to WANT TO
i've only got strawberry shakes as the pharmacy i use didn't have vanilla or chicken soup & i don't like choc flavoured things, oh & i hate coffee & tried black tea & it's gross lol
as you can imagine i'm quite bored already but i've got this far :)
i'm on day 5 & feel so much better today (so far) i found keeping busy helps
dig deep in your willpower when it gets tough
let us know how you get on, good luck

I think one person I know thought I would crack on my first day. I managed to get though 2 days and am on day 3 now. I still feel a bit hungry - I am looking forward to that feeling going away in time. I have to think about why I am doing this - I can't stay the size I am. I wonder if the backache I get is due to carrying too much weight, and I know type 2 diabetes has occured in my family/heart problems along with weight problems so I want to be healthier.

i know lots of my health issues are due to my size, high blood pressure, cholestral, & been checked for diabetes several times but thankfully got away with it so now i need to do something about it
i did put on an exessive amount of weight when i gave up smoking but have since beed diagnosed with hypothyroidism so have a partial excuse that my metabalism is lazy but thats not a total excuse so now its up to me... watch this space
it really does get better after the first few days & i'm sure the scales will encourage us both eh!
i hope you feel better soon & push through the barrier to achieve your goal

Snap - my doctor tests me regularly for diabetes. Probably since they know I had 2 relatives who developed type 2. I am on tablets to lower cholesterol and also got diagnosed with under active thyroid too.

I know I need to stick at this. I am not naturally tiny like some people are - but I definately shouldn't be this size.

hey how did it go today for you??
i hope it hasn't been to tough for you, it would be good to have someone at a similar pace to egg each other on (if you want)
i've been to the chemist & i'm delighted to say i've reached ketosis so they said it's onwards & upwards from here yay! :) no more feeling dreadfull
i'm the same as you, not naturally tiny but i need to shift a fair few stone... i'd give anything to be comfortable in my own skin
i made the most of getting my energy back today & i've checked out a couple of the local gyms, but must admit i'll prob only use the pools

hey how did it go today for you??
i hope it hasn't been to tough for you, it would be good to have someone at a similar pace to egg each other on (if you want)
i've been to the chemist & i'm delighted to say i've reached ketosis so they said it's onwards & upwards from here yay! :) no more feeling dreadfull
i'm the same as you, not naturally tiny but i need to shift a fair few stone... i'd give anything to be comfortable in my own skin
i made the most of getting my energy back today & i've checked out a couple of the local gyms, but must admit i'll prob only use the pools

I got through day 3. Hopefully it will get easier. I think for me the worst thing is that I can't have fizzy drinks (I usually have the odd bottle of diet pepsi or coke in the day)- so I have bought some fizzy water to help me feel like I am still having some fizz.

I suppose I am still feeling a bit hungry every so often but not as bad as I would have expected. Have had the odd tummy rumble but not as much hunger as I thought I would get. I do feel a bit fed up with the shakes but they don't taste that bad. I just wish there were more varieties!

I haven't tried the soup one yet....

I think it is the psychological feeling of not eating food and doing something a bit abnormal that saddens me. If I think about it, I feel sorry for myself. But I know I am doing this for health and that is a good thing - and maybe breaking the old habits and doing such an extreme method will help me realise that I need to eat well when I do eat food again - I need to appreciate and value it more for its nutritional value and actually enjoy the eating of it properly without overdoing it or bingeing. I will need to have some portion control too - enjoy good food in smaller portions - not rubbish food in huge portions!

Well done you - I will wait until saturday to go to the chemist. I do fear the weekend will be harder for me. I have more time on my hands. I may need to keep busy with books...

Hey moon.. Good work keep it up!!
On the 'fizzy drinks' you can have fizzy water? I drink a lot of it and now I'm not even missing my fizzy drinks! Plus it fills u up! :)

Lost 31lbs in 6 weeks :)

Sorry you said youve just got some! Doesn't taste as good at first but trust me you deffinately get used to it.. Think I'm always going to drink it now! :)

Lost 31lbs in 6 weeks :)

Yep. Fizzy water definitely helps! Not all the time but for some variety. On day 4. OK so far. Not as testing as I thought it would be. I thought last night about how much I will try to appreciate food when I eat it again. I do love some healthy foods. I love broccoli - and I suspect that it will taste even better and I will appreciate it more!

well done your nearly there (or might already be) ketosis came on day 5 for me so hopefully will for you, i promise its loads better then, i've not been hungry or felt rough since i got there so no looking back
& i toatally agree about appreciating good foods but the thing i miss the most is a cuppa in the morning (milk) i've just tried black tea with a sweetener in, can't say i like it but it was def better than just black so at least now i can have a warm drink :)

I have done very well so far - I really wasn't sure if I could do 4 days or if I would get so hungry I would give up. I keep thinking it will get better.

I just tried the chicken soup and thought it was ok - until sip 3.....Now I can't face drinking it so it is sat beside me. I am contemplating making a milkshake and just leaving a bit of it at the bottom - a fair exchange?

hey, sorry only just seen this, yeh fair exchange but if you only had a few sips i wouldn't worry about leaving a bit!
i haven't tried the soup but everyone warned me off anyway lol oh & apparently the flapjacks taste like cardboard so i'm glad i can't have them (peanuts in)
todays my big day but i'm feeling a bit low as i appear to be bloated so not assuming i've lost as much as i'd like to :-(

I'm so glad I only took 3 sachets of the soup from the chemist last week - thankfully. I tried one and I have enough sachets to keep me going until tomorrow. I will take them and swap them for shakes.

Good luck with your weigh in. I am worried about mine. It will be hard if I haven't lost very much - as I know I have a lot to lose and I would like to see some results in the first week to keep me going....

I feel a bit lighter - but that may be wishful thinking and imagination!

hi, thanks.... i lost 7lb :)
chemist said that was a great start for someone my size!!
i was only losing an average 2lb a week at weightwatchers so it's a good difference but as to if it was worth starving for? ... a few days ago i would of said no but now i'm through the rough patch & i've got my energy back i'd say yes...i can do this!
when i envisage doing it long term i shudder but if i take it day by day i'm sure i can stick to it
hope your doing ok today

Back