jusr registered, will it get better?

Noitulove - Thanks for the welcome and thanks for setting up the September challenge, it has given me something to focus on!!

Bev - I'm counting on it coming off fast, I can get a little disheartened and sidetracked if I can't see results. Feeling really positive about this tho (I suppose I should be only two days in!) although finding this site really motivating it kind of feels like I'm not in this on my own and its good to be able to chat and seek advice from others who are going through the same.

Alz thats terrible as bev said if you were taking pills would that be a picnic. With regard to the vanilla and coffee, I hate coffee with a passion, but I make about a teaspoon of coffee let it go cold then make an ice cold vanilla shake and pour the little bit of coffee into it and blend it again and its lovely tastes like butterscotch angel delight.

hello lovely ladies Thank you all so much for your supportive comments, it really helps to know other people understand how hard this is without obstacles like that! :thankyou:

i hit a really low point today & had a cry (something i never do!) .. then thought i can't do this!! so before any rash decision i chose to go for my weigh-in & tell the pharmacist how i'm feeling!
i'm really glad i did as she warned me how bad it would be to quit without the re-feed programme!
but she also told me i'd lost the vital 10% of my body weight & had dramatically improved my blood pressure & my G.P my be happy to take me off the medication for it :D
that made me realise that the struggle really is worth it so i kicked myself up the backside bought my shakes & got myself back in the zone
she said i'm not the first & won't be the last person to hit a day like that as the diet is (in her words) savage

i really hope you are all doing ok & i look forward to hearing your amazing losses this week

Allie
p.s. i lost 4lb this time :-/

Aaww :( I'm so sorry you've had a really horrible few days, it's such a shame.

Losing 10% of your weight is great though, a real boost :) and 4lbs is still a great loss . . . On slimming world, that would make you slimmer of the week!

I've been in that low place so many times, and am not looking forward to going there again.

You are a real inspiration, you are so honest, and seeing you get back in the zone is so great.

Well done, and good luck for the next few days! If you can stick at this diet when you feel like that, You can do ANYTHING ;-)

Hiya, yes still with you, and still sticking with it, all be it only just some days! I am now the smallest I have been for about 5 years, which feels great, over those last 5 years i have managed about 2 stone off with a food diet, and then back on again, as i am the definition of a yo yo dieter grrrrrr, BUT feel that as its coming off so quickly this time I may just get a lot further than i have for a very long time, when i get to my first goal of 11 stone it will prob be the first time in about 10 years lol , hope everyone doing great and surviving, thats all we can ask really xx

You are doing great! I hope you make the 11 stone mark, and feel proud of yourself :) you'll deserve it after this diet. I haven't even set myself a goal yet, because when I think about how far away it is, I always lose heart (and usually give up) but like you, I am feeling confident about losing weight this time, so who knows . . .

oh Alz, sorry to hear this, but well done on talking to someone hunny, and for realising its making you LIVE longer ( i have type 2 diabetes who totally understand this!)

and Failedatdiets I am now thinking 11 stone wont be enough, but for the time being its what i am focusing on, then after my break i will decide what to do then, you are doing so so well, fabby weight losses, and dont think about how far you have to go, i have only set targets as i have breaks away so want to try and achieve things before then, but you just need to think about how well you have done so far, I bet by week 3 you will have lost a stone and a half, YES a blimmin stone and a half!!!!! be very proud of yourself xx

Following my last post, I have had a little think :thinking2: And have set a short term target of 80 lbs . . . Very optimistic I know, and may well be the kiss of death but hey ho, here we go! (I actually just really wanted to make a ticker thingy :) )

hi ladies, hope your all keeping well
can i just say a BIG thank you to ALL you lovely people who gave me support through last weeks horrible events, i'm really glad it's all in the past & i'm now focused on the future & a brighter one at that :eek:
i kicked my fresh week off by taking up aqua zumba & by joining the local leisure centre! .. i'm determined to get this weight off & keep it off.

it looks like the ones that have pledged in the september challenge have started off really well so keep up the good work ladies :girlpower:
hope to hear how your all doing soon
​Allie

Hi there. Alz4jono - sorry to hear you have had a tough time. I am ok but haven't been on here for a few days.

I lost very little last week - even though everyone says they can see how much I am losing!

The pharmacist says I am not drinking enough water and that is why I feel a bit dizzy/my BP has been low at times.

I was told today that the daily water recomendation is on top of the water in the herbal teas. I hadn't realised that - am I stupid?

I was told today that the daily water recomendation is on top of the water in the herbal teas. I hadn't realised that - am I stupid?

I could be wrong, so you might want to double check, but I'm pretty sure that you can include other drinks in your water intake as long as they don't have caffeine in them. So Redbush/Peppermint tea could be counted as water but black coffee (with caffeine in) can't be counted.

I could be wrong, so you might want to double check, but I'm pretty sure that you can include other drinks in your water intake as long as they don't have caffeine in them. So Redbush/Peppermint tea could be counted as water but black coffee (with caffeine in) can't be counted.

I double checked with the person on the phone from Lipotrim and they said it didn't include herbal teas/non caffeine tea/coffee. Maybe she was just saying it to me as she thinks I am not drinking enough all round....

hi there moon,
really good to see you back although i've only been on via my phone myself this week
i totally get how you must of felt but you've hung in there & that in itself is awesome so well done you
i know what you mean about the confusion with drinks, a lot of the whole plan spins me out lol, i've just looked into the re-feeding plan & it totally confused me lol
don't worry i'm not quitting it's a temporary measure to get round the charity ball i'm expected at that has a 3course meal included (been planned for months) i'll be straight back on TFR afterwards
i hope your having a better week
stay strong
​Allie

I lost 4 lbs this week. I have lost a total of 1 stone and 6 lbs in 5 weeks which is pretty good I think! :party0011:

Good luck with doing the refeed. :eating:

Last edited:
I lost 4 lbs this week. I have lost a total of 1 stone and 6 lbs in 5 weeks which is pretty good I think! :party0011:

Good luck with doing the refeed. :eating:
AWESOME well done:wow:

well done moon, great going x

hi guys hope your all doing well
i'm devastated as had to start re-feed programme today due to medical grounds!
had a struggle of a week & kept collapsing & have just been told my blood pressure is way too low! strange as it was always on the high side before TFR
but i'm NOT quitting!! as soon as it stabalises i'll be straight back on it, so for now i'm just going to follow drs advice & re-feed & use maintenance formulas until i can go back on full TFR
i don't know why i'm so upset because i was going to re-feed for a week in 2wks time as i have a charity ball (3 course meal) to attend on 5th oct, i suppose it's because this wasn't my choice & it's messed up all my plans!
i'll still come & peep to see how your all doing (if you don't mind) & i'm going to still get weighed at pharmacy every friday so i don't fall too far off the bandwagon
good luck & best wishes to you all
​Allie

oh Allie, so sorry to hear this BUT your health is much more important, I know we all want to be thin but rotting in a coffin isnt the best option lmao! ( sorry, cant help my sillyness) you have done so brilliantly and chances are you will still lose whilst on refeed etc

I take a tablet every morning for blood pressure and you have now given me the kick up the backside i needed to go and ask for it to be checked next week to see if i should come off of them!

Take a break, get yourself well THEN decide what to do ok, and enjoy the ball, hope you have a gorgy, show the curves dress to wear and an even more gorgy man on your arm, failing that, get some glitter on, get drunk, dance like a loon and just be fab-u-los!!! xxxx

oh Allie, so sorry to hear this BUT your health is much more important, I know we all want to be thin but rotting in a coffin isnt the best option lmao! ( sorry, cant help my sillyness) you have done so brilliantly and chances are you will still lose whilst on refeed etc

I take a tablet every morning for blood pressure and you have now given me the kick up the backside i needed to go and ask for it to be checked next week to see if i should come off of them!

Take a break, get yourself well THEN decide what to do ok, and enjoy the ball, hope you have a gorgy, show the curves dress to wear and an even more gorgy man on your arm, failing that, get some glitter on, get drunk, dance like a loon and just be fab-u-los!!! xxxx
aww thanx bev (u always make me laf)
lot's of yes's ...
got the gawj man (marrying him in jan)
got the gawj dress ... size 16 (size 22 when started)
& i intend to get some glitter on, get drunk, dance like a loon and just be fab-u-los! lol
the pharmacist said there's no reason why i shouldn't still lose weight as long as i don't go straight to KFC or McD's

hmmmmmm KFC................................. x
well I shall expect a pic of you in your dress with your man!
It would be wonderful for your before and afters x

hi guys hope your all doing well
i'm devastated as had to start re-feed programme today due to medical grounds!
had a struggle of a week & kept collapsing & have just been told my blood pressure is way too low! strange as it was always on the high side before TFR
but i'm NOT quitting!! as soon as it stabalises i'll be straight back on it, so for now i'm just going to follow drs advice & re-feed & use maintenance formulas until i can go back on full TFR
i don't know why i'm so upset because i was going to re-feed for a week in 2wks time as i have a charity ball (3 course meal) to attend on 5th oct, i suppose it's because this wasn't my choice & it's messed up all my plans!
i'll still come & peep to see how your all doing (if you don't mind) & i'm going to still get weighed at pharmacy every friday so i don't fall too far off the bandwagon
good luck & best wishes to you all
​Allie

Sorry to hear that. But once your BP stabilises you can decide whether to go back to TFR - obviously your health is the most important thing and your doctor will be the best person to get advice from on that score. :bighug:

Back