Just started Atkins..

Sarah_V

Silver Member
Hi folks,

I've been doing CD for the last 13 weeks and need a break so I am going to stick to Atkins for 2 weeks ans see how I do.

It does seem rather quiet here compared to the other forums, just wondered how many people are doing low carb and what are the results like?

Hey hun, this part of the forum is pretty quiet - I did atkins earlier in the year and found it quite lonesome, but I'm more than happy to chat to you about it if ya like - I'm doing CD with Atkins kind of thrown in as I can't seem to avoid food 100%! Lost 10lbs on Atkins when I did it for 2 weeks earlier this year but it's like CD in that if you don't work the carbs in slowly you'd put it all back on and some, so make sure you do come back to CD after!! You're doing rly well hun xx

Hi Sarah and wannabslim, how are you? I'm doing Atkins too. Day 5 and it's going well. Want to lose about 60lb so quite a long way to go, but it seems quite do-able on this. Definitely lost some wight already, don't know how much though. How are you guys finding it? :)

Hi Flipper,

I have decided to run back to CD with my tail between my legs!!! i did Atkins for a couple of days and must say I found it quite easy.. the problem with me is when I start eating i can't stop, I need to get to a lower weight and then move up the plans, eventually eating in a low carb way really suits me.

How are you finding it.. ?

Thanks keisha, how is WW going :)

Hiya, I'm doing CD but sorta with some limited Atkins food thrown in so I avoid eating other stuff that would make me come out of ketosis and undo all my hard work, so I guess you can't count it as Atkins really!

Look forward to hearing how you get on though! xx

Hi Sarah! I know exactly what you mean. Better to get it all off first and then maintain with food. I would definitely recommend Atkins, you can eat such lovely food, and no calorie counting or any of that, and you can eat as much as it takes for you to feel satisfied. I've lost some weight for sure but I might be seeing a bit of a stall the last couple of days...I can't be sure though as I don't have a scales in this house as I'm away form home at the mo. Going to the gym tomorrow though so will find out then. So can you tell me a bit about CD? I need to shift about 60lb and it would be nice to drop say 30lb quickly enough, maybe on CD. I did Lioptrim before and had great success but didn't refeed properly so put it all back on, and then some. Thanks! Good luck! :)

Yep Dani it is me in my pic lol! Hey flipper I'm getting there (at WI on Monday I was 12.6 and I started dieting originally at 16st so have come a long way to get here) but not quite there yet! Am doing ok on CD, am having the odd Atkinsy type snack here and there but only low cal ones (or as low cal as possible) as I dont want more than 800 cals a day otherwise my losses will slow. Giving myself the option to eat a little Atkins-style has helped me to stay on track the last few days and stay in ketosis, more importantly!

The snacks I tend to have are things like mini babybel, pepperami, certain low fat cheeses (not just any as they tend to have more carbs in so ned to be careful), fridge raiders chicken bites are a fave too! Works for me...

...as scales were showing 12st this morning and am hoping to be in the 11s by Sunday or Monday, which will be brilliant! Just got to get through this weekend now!

How are you getting on? xxx

Hi Wannabslim. Wow! Down from 16st! Impressive. How long did that take? You must feel great.

Doing well on Atkins. It doesn't really feel like a diet, which is it's best point for sure. No calorie/portion counting, eating nice food etc. It's great. In ketosis now and not feeling hungry at all. It's defintely the right thing for me to avoid carbs, I just love/am addicted to them too much! It actually is like an addiction. Thank God I'm off Coke too, that was a seriously bad-about 3 cans a day! Awful. Good to be completely off everything, diet coke etc, and drinking lots of water!

I'm not sure how much I've lost but my clothes feel much looser anyway. I don't want to get fixated on the scales but I'm going to check soon. Looked up CD but they don't do it in the ROI which is a shame as I live in Dublin. I'll stick with Atkins and see how it goes, and maybe take more drastic action after Christmas! :)

Ah that's a shame - do they do Lipotrim there? Its an alternative to CD but there arent as many flavours - available from pharmacies. If you are enjoying Atkins though, I'd stick with it too!

I have been dieting since Dec 2006 and it's taken me from then to get to where I am now (with a few detours and bad choices along the way), so it wasn't a quick thing for me!

Good news on the scales for me this morning - I've lost 8lbs already and am now in the 11s!! Great stuff :D only 22lbs til my ultimate goal and 12lbs til BMI 25! :D happy days xx

you look fantastic hunnie xxxx

Looked up CD but they don't do it in the ROI which is a shame as I live in Dublin. I'll stick with Atkins and see how it goes, and maybe take more drastic action after Christmas! :)

LOL I feel like an ambassador - I'm not getting commission, honest! :D - but you might like to look at Celebrity Slim which is definitely available in Ireland. It's 2 meal replacement shakes/soups/bars, plus 1 low carb meal, plus up to 3 low-carb snacks. I'm on day 4 and so far so good!:innocent0002:
S.x

Hi S! I'll look into Celebrity Slim, thanks. Do you live in Ireland? It sounds quite do-able...do you have much to lose? If you're on day 4 you should be entering ketosis so if you're doing well now it should only get better! what's the average rate of loss? Doing well on Atkins so far but we'll see where I am after my break from Christmas to the New Year!

Wannabslim I did LT before and lost two st in six weeks. I stopped right before Christmas, didn't refeed, piled on the weight very quickly as a result, got disheartened, ate more, got disheartened, ate more...you know how it is! So I've been restarting it on and off. Still have to do my refeed properly as I have had bad stomach swelling after carbs and they say that is why. That made me think I was more overweight then I actually was and therefore I ate more etc, so all a bit of a mess! So once I refeed properly I'll be glad to be shot of it to be honest! Definitely works but for me mentally it was a one time thing that I could do it! Didn't got past ketosis since which is the key really.

Hope you're doing great guys! :)

Hi flipper, there's a thread on the VLCD - Celebrity Slim forum "Sharon's CS daily ramblings" where hopefully you'll see my progress - I've about 10 stone to lose and will probably go onto Lighter Life in January. I'm in Caernarfon, just across the Irish Sea!
S.x

Hi Wannabslim. Wow! Down from 16st! Impressive. How long did that take? You must feel great.

Doing well on Atkins. It doesn't really feel like a diet, which is it's best point for sure. No calorie/portion counting, eating nice food etc. It's great. In ketosis now and not feeling hungry at all. It's defintely the right thing for me to avoid carbs, I just love/am addicted to them too much! It actually is like an addiction. Thank God I'm off Coke too, that was a seriously bad-about 3 cans a day! Awful. Good to be completely off everything, diet coke etc, and drinking lots of water!

I'm not sure how much I've lost but my clothes feel much looser anyway. I don't want to get fixated on the scales but I'm going to check soon. Looked up CD but they don't do it in the ROI which is a shame as I live in Dublin. I'll stick with Atkins and see how it goes, and maybe take more drastic action after Christmas! :)

Hey Flipper, I live in Dublin and am doing the cambridge diet, as are a few others from Ireland on this forum, CD is fully available in Ireland, have a look at their site again, or pm me your location and I'll see if I can direct you to my CDC :p

Hi Guys, I've been on Atkins since 2002 and it's been fantastic for me. I would recommend it to anyone.

My Dr went mad when I told him I was going to try Atkins after every other diet had failed. I just couldn't handle being hungry all the time. I found on Atkins I could eat enough not to feel hungry yet still loose weight. As an added bonus my Blood pressure went right down and my blood tests went back to normal, low cholesterol as well, which has him puzzled. Initially he insisted I had blood tests and liver and kidney function test every 3 months, after the 2nd year we went back to annual tests as my results were so good.

Wow Jim, that is great news :) You must feel so happy with the results. Do you mind me asking how much you lost with Atkins?

Hi Sarah, yes love, just under 11 Stone. I stayed on Induction for 6 months loosing about 3 - 5 lbs most weeks, then when I moved into OWL it was a steady 2lb a week until I decided to go into Maint when I was 13st 7lb. I have stayed pretty much the same for the last few years now. I still weigh weekly and if I have put some on I go back on strict induction until it's gone. I also plan ahead, i.e. if I know I'm going to be eating illegally (Like tonight) I will go on induction and loose a couple of pounds prior to going out. I hope it work for you and I'd be happy to answer any of your questions about Atkins. One thing I will say is you need the book, preferably the '72 version, you'll probably find it on Amazon. Good luck. :)

Back