Step 1 Sole Source Just Started yesterday, wish me luck....

sophiem123

... fingers crossed. I have done (my own) VLCD diets before and keeping to them has never been a problem as I'm stubborn and get very focussed - however depressingly I have repeatedly found that after the first few weeks my weight plateaus and refuses to budge more and then starts piling on again even when continuing to eat well under 1000 calories a day! I am hoping this time it will be different because of the low carb/ketosis element. All I can say is if this doesn't work, nothing will for me.

Lost 10.25lbs in my first week, which even though I know is mainly going to be water and glycogen, I am still extremely pleased about - especially as I have got past the elusive (for me) 16 stone mark into the 15s! I have never lost this much weight in the first week of dieting except when I have completely fasted in the past (for spiritual reasons) - however, then I had no energy and this time I have loads. I also have a rosy glow in my cheeks (normally I am pale). Rock on this week! And even if it is still mainly water coming off that's grrrreat because I suffer from water retention, so fat, water ... it's all good!

hello Hunni I started yesterday also!! Day 2 I was struggling but now joining this has just motivated me so much more... When is ur weigh in.. Tuesday? And what plan r u doing.. I'm on SS+

Xxxxx

Definitely, and wow, you are doing really well Lizzie! I have kind of wondered if I may stay the same this second week as it seems some others have experienced this (and so have promised myself I won't be too disappointed if so) but I see you lost 6lbs in your second week!

I'm 19st 11pounds so have a hell of a lot to loose my first goal would be 18stone then once I have hit that its going to be 16st which is what I weighed 2 years ago before meeting my boyfriend xx hope we can share stories nd be buddies lol xxx

sophiem123 said:
Definitely, and wow, you are doing really well Lizzie! I have kind of wondered if I may stay the same this second week as it seems some others have experienced this (and so have promised myself I won't be too disappointed if so) but I see you lost 6lbs in your second week!

Well done

Abby, I am doing just Sole Source as I needed a quick start to really motivate me. I weigh in on a Monday evening for my week's total, however, I know from past experience to keep me on track I need to weigh in daily or I start to let slip. Definitely, be my buddy - and it does get better after the first few days. You will do it Abby x

sophiem123 said:
Abby, I am doing just Sole Source as I needed a quick start to really motivate me. I weigh in on a Monday evening for my week's total, however, I know from past experience to keep me on track I need to weigh in daily or I start to let slip. Definitely, be my buddy - and it does get better after the first few days. You will do it Abby x

aww thanks and I just can't see past today let alone 4 months lol... How much have u lost so far on week 1

Lizzie, I am sorry if I am being thick here, but how do you enter your week's losses in your signature? It won't allow me to enter any more characters!

Wow that's so good what about week 2 and how much did u weigh at start

Wow that's so good what about week 2 and how much did u weigh at start

I weighed 16 stone 9.5lbs at the start, and have only just started week 2 so no idea yet, Abby - hopefully shedloads!

To edit signature, you just click on update statistics on the left hand side and then click on edit signature and on that page you can write what you want to write. Hopefully that helps!

I have my 8th weigh in tonight! Realy hoping to have lost another 3lbs at least but would love 4lbs to take me under 200lbs. I find this diet sooo easy now. I do not miss food and do not crave food in the slightest. It's quite strange really. I have just got so use to it I feel like I could stay on it for ever lol. I know it was really hard the first couple of weeks but I just wanted to tell you it definately gets easier and the more weight you loose the better you will feel. I'm sure you will have a good weight loss in your second week but what ever you loose you just need to be happy with it as its better to loose a little than gain weight.

To edit signature, you just click on update statistics on the left hand side and then click on edit signature and on that page you can write what you want to write. Hopefully that helps!

Thanks Lizzie, it allows me to enter more characters this time for some reason whereas before it wasn't!

By the way, I was amazed to get into a pair of jeans that I thought there was no way yet I could fit into - happy bunny :)

Today is day 14, and as well as great weight loss on the scale, I am seeing significant inch loss. I am delighted because when I was (faithfully) on a low calorie diet (under 1000 cals a day) before it took me months and months to shift just a couple of pounds and the inches didn't budge either after the first few weeks. Now, already, my clothes are looser. Great feeling!

Oh, and first stone down too! :)

Hello everyone - I hope you don't mind me joining in! I just wanted to say you are all doing brilliantly!! I've been doing CD since mid-July and ad of this morning's cheeky weigh in I've lost 70lbs. I was 20st5 when I started CD and I totally appreciate where you're coming from feeling like its a long road ahead.

All I can say is if you stick to the plan and drink plenty of water then the plan works...it has to as its so drastic! I have set myself mini goals that felt achievable - telling yourself you need to lose 9st just sounds totally rediculous - but I'm over half way there now!

I took it a day at a time at first, and at times an hour at a time, but after the first 2 weeks it just got easier and easier - it's a way of life for me now but after Christmas I am planning on working through the stages and introducing proper meals.

Keep the focus...good luck...you can all do this :)

Well done Sophie! Don't forget to update your stats to reflect your fab losses!!

Back