just strated lioptrim 15/9/08

terri08

hi all my name is terri ,i my weight at the moment is 13st 12lbs im 5ft 5,im looking to loose around 3 stone,well thas my target.. went to pharmist today got my first lot of lioptrim,chocolate and strawberry shakes and chicken soup ,had the strawberry shake this after noon (nt bad didnt mind this quite tasty) i had the soup about an hour ago ( nt such a good taste ) going to try the choclate shake in about 2 hrs ,benn drinking plenty of water ,still hungry but determined....? any success stories out there that will help me get through this :) x

Welcome to the site and best of luck with your weight loss, everyone here is so helpfull and always have some good advice, they have certainly helped me when Ive been feeling low. So heres to a slimmer you you will start losing before you know it just glug pleanty of water, you were brave with that soup I tried it once and never again not to my liking maybe it was the way I made it. So best of luck and dont forget to keep logging on here for help and support remember we are all in the one boat.

The first 3/4 days are hard, but keep glugging that water, and by day 4/5 you will be in ketosis and the hunger magically disappears :)

If you can, its helpful to stay away from food for the first few days, I used to disappear upstairs whilst my family ate lol

Stick with it ......... it really does work :)

Set yourself some mini goals and down that water it really helps

yip -the water is the miracle of LT. Also -see the sticky post at the top of the page for things I did in my first -first week. I use peppermint tea and coffe religiously to get thru. :D

that seems simple enough,i know it sound abit odd me asking this but can you have chewing gum as i have a horrible taste in my mouth ,just not sure if you r aloud it ...

Hey Terri
Best of luck!
Nope not allowed geing gum but you are allowed listerine trips-u can prob get them in your chemist-They give you instan freshness!

thanks very much .bit gutted lol thought i could get away with that .....hehe. o well least i wont be chewing like a cow all day lol ... gna be hard tommorow a work 9am till 10pm if i can get thro that i can do it :) how much did you all loose in your first weigh in xxx

welcome Terri

Hi Terri
Good luck I am only on day 2 myself..found day 1 an absolute killer, had to go for a walk when Sunday dinner was dished up the aroma had sent me mad. Today back at work it seemed a bit easier hunger wise.:D

Welcome Terri :D wavey wave
I'm fairly new here, but I do recommend you have a look at Nicki26's pics and Porgeous and TheFutureisBright too, and there is a link to inspiriational pics of the whole site right at the top of the home page too.
Very good luck to you!

Hi Terri, hope you have a successful first week, im just coming to the end of mine( first weigh in tommorow) the first few days are deffo the toughest. I do actually enjoy the shakes especially wiv loads of ice and put into the blender, the choc one actually tastes like one from mcdonalds this way haha...well it does to me, its heaven!

Not keen on the soup either, which is a shame cos its left me craving for something savoury!!

good luck, look forward to hearing about your loss x

welcome to the site, this is great for weak days. drink your water.dontweigh in at home.wear the same clothes at weigh ins. think....it DOES get easier, ALOT easier. I hit a low at day 4 and day 5 i was flying high. good luck xx

thank you all for all your comments,reali helps:) well had my final shake a hour ago (chocolate) im finding them nice without crushed ice must try them with it tho ....not to hungry (partner had fish n chips and was like mmm ) but i nva gave in......me to say no to chips well... i acheived something there...beeen drinkin so much water i think i may well just stay in the bathroom lol...lets c how tomz goes at work ..hope im ok ....and hope i have a good success weight loss as u all have :):)xx

Last edited:
Listerine mouthwash and listerine strips do the trick I know the taste of the mouth is horrible, by the way I think its only the original listerine

Back