Just taken delivery of the box that will change the way i look forever!!

Oafette

Well I've done it, it's here and I think I am in the zone! Having done the Cambridge diet a couple of years back and stupidly allowed myself to put all 3 1/2 stone back on, Exante feels like the right solution for me ideally I would live to lose 4-4 1/2 stone minimum (well I hope so anyway) my CD counsellor was next to useless and it just felt like an exchange of money for product, and expensive product at that! So I thought I may as well go for just paying for the product as the stories I have read on here are very motivational, my hubby is going to give it a go for a week initially but I really don't think he knows what he is letting himself for so I feel he should have the option with the low calorie evening meal else I think he will give up and I really don't want him too as his weight worries me and he has a good 6 stone to lose!!! We are going away mid June to Mexico so this is our motivation and just to generally be a healthier family unit.

We are out for a meal tomorrow so we are starting Wednesday, any tips on keeping motivated for both myself and for me to keep him motivated would be much appreciated! I don't really know whether to do a diary on here or what!??

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks
X

Ensure you drink plenty of water this is the main thing
And keep yourself busy ie read, watch movies, go for walks and whatnot and the weight will drop off like CRAZY

Woohoo!! I am so jealous, waiting on my box the now...hopefully get it tomorrow.

Having a positive attitude can really help, tell yourself every morning you can do it and if something temps you get into the routine of thinking about your motivations exactly at that point until you realise you dont want it anymore. I truly believe if people sit thinking I'm not sure I can do this then they wont. I've written PMA sayings on my white board in the kitchen in big letters, make them personal to you, one of mine is TAKE BACK CONTROL because I am sick of feeling that food controls me rather than me controlling it and so far its helping loads!!

Good luck xx

Erm! Good luck oafette and dolly. I'm starting this week too once I get my stuff. Ordered on Saturday so I probably won't get my hands on it until weds evening now. I almost feel sick with excitement! Perhaps we should try and support each other? I've never done a vlcd before.

Thanks for all your words of support, it's much appreciated, yes it would be great to start with people at the same time, I have done VLCD before being the Cambridge Diet so I know what to expect and really support is key, I didn't tell anyone when I was on the Cambridge diet for fear of those disapproving comments about VLCD. I was determined to prove them all wrong but because I think I needed the support it slowly creeped back on again over a period of 2 1/2 years. But I am aiming to use this support site as my motivation on the days of temptation, headaches and not so brilliant weight loss weeks.

Thanks people and good luck all you newbies I am sure this year is going to be our year :0)

Xx

Woop woop!! Its so is!!

I'm scared of the negetive comments becoz I have been one giving them in the past and to find myself going against everything I believe in is kinda unexpected lol!! I know my mother in law will disapprove probably becoz of all i've told her lol...xx

Best of luck to you all!!!! Remember: the more you drink, the more you shrink! :)

I am on week 6 and my advice would be;

1. Drink plenty water
2. Stick with it, dont find excuses to go of plan. You choose to do this so give it 100%. The diet works if you follow it properly.
3. PLAN, PLAN & PLAN! Everyday I have a plan for my day, it gives it structure and routine.
4. Go walks or cycles to get fresh air it always helps me when I am going through a ruff patch.
5. Know that the first week is tough, once you get through it, its much easier.

Good Luck I am sure you will soon get into a routine and be seeing and feeling the weight just fall of!

Hello and good luck!

I'll also add:

1. Measure yourself - I weigh in on a Sunday and measure on a Thursday. It gives me two boosts in confidence per week.
2. Take weekly pics. I do mine in my underwear, one face on and one from the side. It's amazing in a short time how much you can see yourself shrinking!
3. If you have any clothes that are too small get them out. Start trying them on every week and see how quickly they get closer to being wearable.

Think positive and you will be fine :)

Oh, and one other thing. Coke Zero is allowed but I only have some on Friday and Saturday nights. It's become my sin-free treat! If I had it everyday it would become normal, and I like to have something different at weekends.

Thanks for the hints and tips everyone it's much appreciated I have motivation and I will do it, not telling anyone other than my hubby who fingers crossed will do this with me, I look forward to more of your words of wisdom and motivation.

Fingers crossed xx

Woop woop i'm starting tomorrow too providing I can get the box from the depot!!!! thanks for the tips everyone :-D xxx

I ordered myself a boxful on Monday. Looking forward to receiving them now so I can get cracking next week. Let's see if I can drop a weight class or 2 :)

Well today is day 1, compared to the Cambridge shakes, they taste very bland and I really didn't like the bar there was just nothing enjoyable about it other than I was starving so had to eat it, my worry is this is day 1 and I have a box full to use up this month! Can I eat the Tesco/asda bars if so these may be a better alternative, I have only had a strawberry shake and the choc orange bar so far so praying the other tastes better!!

Thats a shame, my experience today has been a whole lot better!! I had the toffee nut and raisin bar and loved it!! I also had mushroom soup which I am a lover of anyway and I loved that too. Funny becoz I thought in comparison to the LL they were so much more flavourful.

I'm hoping u find something u like and hoping I've just not been lucky and picked the right things to have first lol!!

In terms of other bars no you wont be able to have them, nutritionally they will be completely different.xx

Hi

I didn't have the soups as the Cambridge ones were vile and the feedback on soups on here was not great!

I only have bars and shakes and I am sure that on other threads I read you could have the Tesco ultra trim bars or asda bars and biggest loser, think this would help with the variety needed.

Maybe it will get better but the shakes with Cambridge and the bars were nicer, it's just the prices and rubbish support with Cambridge that put me off!

Here's to the next few days! My hubby was going to do it with me but cannot stand the taste of the shakes or bars, so it looks like I am going it alone and he is on lots of high protein meat and green veg!!

I think a lot of people have an additional Tesco bar if they're struggling, but be wary of the calories/carbs content as it can knock you out of ketosis x

If you can find a bar with similar nutritional content then maybe it would be ok, maybe have a look at the aitkins bars? I know the tony ferguson ones are higher in carbs and they really do taste horrid lol, well the peanut one does. poor u going it alone!! my hubby is doing something similar so it does make things easier for me.xx

Back