Just taken delivery of the box that will change the way i look forever!!

Hi I opted not to have the soups as the Cambridge ones were vile, like you say onwards and upwards, so please god let me wake up with someone else's taste buds or the taste of this little lot improve :0)

dolly_daydream said:
hun can it be any sweetner?

It has to be a tablet sweetener, I use Candarel in my porridge with some nutmeg... Yummy!

I can definitely recommend the Tesco bars. I have one for lunch with a can of coke zero... Makes me feel like I'm having a treat!! The power of mind over matter!

Try putting some coffee in the chocolate ... The only way I can stomach it, same with the vanilla.

Keep going!

Ahhhh I sometimes feel that this would be easier if I liked coffee!

I love it Charlotte so I'm lucky lol....why does it have to be tablet does anyone know?xx

dolly_daydream, granulated sweeteners tend to have bulking agents (e.g. maltodextrin in the granulated version of Splenda) that might affect ketosis.

x

I like all the shakes and bars - you get used to them, and once you've been on it a while, you start to look forward to them.

Haven't tried the soups yet as the idea of them doesn't appeal to me, but have a load of porridge packs just arrived and will be having one for tea :)

Hi I must confess day 2 and the bar was a little better than the choc orange, for breakfast I did have a Cambridge shake I had left as I didn't have time to experiment with coffee or sweeteners and with meetings all morning I needed to feel I had something tasty to eat until it was my bar time. So let's see how I fair with my evening shake!! Please god let there be one in the box I like :0)

Well so far for me I have had:
porridge - nice if a little runny
choc and orange bar - didnt really like but it was edible
thai chicken soup - lovely (for a meal replacement soup)
strawb shake - was ok, spilt it though so had two servings
toffee nut bar - didnt really like, was edible (want to try the tesco ones)
tom and basil soup - was a bit odd but added lots of spices and ended up enjoying it
choc shake - was alright !

I seem to like the soups lots, thought Id hate the milkshakes but I dont.

I absolutely adore the bars, I think there nicer than a lot of the normal ones on the market lol...I'll prob be ordering them when I've finished lol!! I feelfor you ladies not liking stuff becoz it must make it somuch harder. At the minute I decide what I'm going to eat the night before and stick to it, it really seems to help me. I'll be trying the tom and basil soup for first time today and strawberry shake also....fingers crossed!!xx

Hi fat bird

Thanks for asking :0)

Not too bad today, although just got in from work to an empty house and I am starving... Got to make the family tea for when they get in from football practice which I could do without to be honest as the thought of cooking whilst feeling hungry fills me with despair! I am just willing the days along now and praying for a good result!

How have you faired?

X

Don't know how you lot can cook doing this! I don't have children so I just tell my OH to fend for himself xx

Hi oafette ..... I know how u feel it's hard cooking for the family isn't it ..... But exante is not forever. I actually quite enjoy cooking whilst doing this diet, it gives me a connection with food still without making me fat ;-). Day 46 for me and found it quite hard today but that's because I have to take my son football training this evening so I always drink less on a Friday otherwise I can't last the football training without needing copious tiddles . Keep at it , when is your weigh day?
FB xx

Hi

My hubby has taken my son and daughter to football practice so I am only doing a curry for them. It's the least I can do for my hubby who came straight in from work changed and straight back out into the cold to watch them :) I got used to doing it when I was on CD but I think I forgot what it was like in the first week!! I love to cook as a rule but feel such a fraud doing this and preaching to my kids about eating properly when I am whipping up shakes!!

Anyway needs must!! How much have you lost FB?

Thanks for trying to keep one of my chins up lol ;0)

Xx

Oafette..... Curry!! you're a braver woman than I am! I've banned curry in this house as I don't think I've for the will power to deal with the delicious smell of curry....mmmmmm :). I've lost 33.5lbs - started on 3rd jan so not bad :) . Struggling again today though not because I'm hungry just because I'm bored of not eating ... Hope I'm strong enough to see this thru :-( planning on staying TS until 31st march and then gonna give WS a try to shift the last few pounds... Well that's the plan anyway - with the way I've been feeling today the 31st march is a loooooooong way away .
Let me know how u get on with your 1st weigh in I bet you've done fab... U deserve a good weight loss just for cooking a curry for your fam ;-)
FB xx

Oh FB I am rubbish, I have had a really upset stomach all night and day today....the kids have been making pizza with there dad for their tea and I have curcum to a piece so that's me back to the drawing board!! I haven't managed to eat all day tried a shake this morning and was a little rough after so all I have done is drink litres of water..... Now I feel bad for another reason - being weak!

Your weight loss is fab your will power must be fab :). I feel stupid I never struggled like this on CD but I preferred the taste of those products to these so I find I am eating them because I have to and not because I am enjoying or wanting them!

Anyway, its done so I will have to start again tomorrow.

The curry was not a prob, feeling ill and having homemade pizza in the house was...

Pathetic and weak I tell you!! Did you ever get upset stomach from the products?

Xxx

Oh oafette... Don't beat yourself up over one piece of pizza ! I did struggle with upset tummy in the first couple of weeks , terrible cramps and the trots in fact I started a thread with the exact title - upset tummy!
This is a HARD diet and way to lose weight I don't care what anyone says .... We all have a problem with food, that's why we're all fat! So to not eat at all is going to test us and some of us will blip at times but we can do this is we stick together. Not liking the exante packs is going to make it doubly hard for you too! I managed to get thru the first 4 weeks with the bumper pack, now I just have the choc orange bars and choc shakes, slightly more expensive but it's the only ones I can really tolerate .
Draw a line under your piece of pizza- look at your lovely husband and kids and think to yourself "I CAN DO THIS" and jump right back on the wagon tomorrow. You're not the first person to have slightly gone off plan and you certainly won't be the last ( I almost joined you today).
Best of luck and keep posting.
Keep those chins up my lovely ;-)
FB xxx

Thanks hun much appreciated. The pizza was clearly not a good idea as let's just say I think it's left the building!! Sorry for TMI ;)

I hope I am as lucky as you with weight loss!! We are going to Mexico in June so I would love to be a size 14-16 (I am nearly 6ft) currently an 18, so I would love to shift 4 stone just so I don't look like free willys stunt double !!

Thanks again for the support I will keep posting, probably with a little less information than today so as not to put you off your chocolate shakes and bars (my very least favourites!)

;0) xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Back