Kaitlyn's Diary

Sounds like a good goal!

This may sound odd but I used to take a banana and crispbread to Uni and slice the banana in half and then in half again like a half sausage? Then put the 2 half's (long slices) on the crisp bread and have that with my coffee! Then just eat the other half of the banana by itself.

Also I used to take a 1/3 of a cup of; almonds, cranberries and pumpkin seeds to nibble in the afternoon with my cuppa on occasions.

Kaitlyn it's onwards and downwards now. Dont dwell on your time since May. It's great to see you back darl!

Bren
x

I usually have a banana doe a morning snack and a Go Ahead bar for an afternoon snack (can't always cut out the dunking biscuits though !!)

Kaitlyn how are you doing hun??

Bren
X

3lb down. Yay, hopefully I'm back on track.

I've cut out the dunked custard creams, in fact, I've hardly had any coffee at all (I did start drinking it quite regularly, especially at work-I think its all part of the job, like a rule or something, and had started kind of getting in to the habit of drinking coffee at home, too)-I decided it's better to remove temptation, and water is healthier. In fact, I think I had a cup last night, and a few sips some evening earlier in the week, decided it was disgusting (I'd scraped it, literally, from the bottom of the jar) and threw it down the sink. Urgh.

I've not been swimming at all this week. My friend who I usually go with isn't well, which isn't an excuse really for me not to go, but I haven't been. I did go for a nice couple of hours walk through the country side the other day. It was nice, quite a bit through some woods, actually (thank goodness for the rain, it kept most of the gnats away), loads of brambles and thistles (ouch) and loads of water clogged bits which I almost lost my boots in. Still, it was good fun.

My aim over the next week is to lose another 2lb, to increase the amount of water I drink and to go swimming at least once.

The walk sounds like it was fun, at least you did manage some exercise this week. I only went to the gym once as I got sick mid week.

Well done on the 3lbs! 2 a week is a sensible choice. Coffee is a downfall for me too, I usually have 1 cup in the morning and then have decaf from then onwards. I try to drink green tea in the afternoons and evenings.

I had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and I have lost 400gms since Wednesday afternoons WI. I am aiming for 1.5kg's or 3.3lbs a week (will settle for 3lbs though).

Bren
XX

Well done, Bren, on your 400g loss. I hope you're feeling better now after getting sick.

The walk was great fun. I just have some bites from the horrible gnats, but they're ok, going down now.

I hardly ever used to drink coffee. But it's just a normal thing to drink coffee on the ward, and I did kind of get in the habit of drinking it at home as much as at work. Trying to start replacing it with water at the moment, though.

Me too. Coffee once at morning tea and then decaf from there on, usually 1 sometimes 2 for the day. At home I have green tea.

Keep at it hun! You are going well then with your July goal?

X

I reached my July goal. 5lb gone (though this one was immediately after waking up before breakfast, unlike last time, when it was after breakfast and a drink, so maybe not hugely accurate).

I was looking at my sidebar thing before, and realised about my goal date being this month (in fact, for my graduation which has been). I think I may aim to be almost there by christmas. If I could get down to about 14 stone by christmas, I would be very happy. That would mean I have around 4 stone to lose by christmas. Hmm, may be do-able. That would leave me 2 stone to lose in the new year.

Measurements wise, I'm back where I was, roughly, in April (though my bust is 3cm bigger now). I want to get to a 35 inch waist, which is about 89cm, and breast and hips about 45 inches (about 114cm).

Definitely doable by Xmas!

Keep up the water and variety with your eating, take a multi vit and you will be on your way. What about doing some calorie counting??

Bren
X

I am kind of calorie counting, sort of. I know roughly how many calories I'm eating, and am now roughly keeping it to about 1500 a day. I have found a real good website (http://www.walkjogrun.net) which has maps of the whole world (I think, the homepage shows the US, but it will also bring up the UK, too), where you can enter the route you took and it will work out the calories used (change weight speed etc for it to work). I hadn't realised how many calories walking burnt up-I burnt over 1000 calories just taking the dog for a walk the other afternoon.

Weight wise, 9lb down. I've not quite reached my goal for this month (and doubt I will in the next week or so), but I don't really mind. I'm very pleased with a 9lb loss. I'm getting more and more excited as I see my BMI approach nearer to 30. I can't wait to get out of the obese category and into just being overweight. 214lb will get me to a BMI of 29.8, which is less than 2 1/2 stone from what I am now.

Kaitlyn I have checked out that site it is good.

Hey girl 9 lbs is great! Perhaps 214lbs could be your Xmas goal?? We all just have to get on with it and know that the food plan we follow is a lifestyle choice now and then it doesn't seem so hard to do.

Hun you are loosing and remember that! Bring on the 30 BMI.....

Good to see you back darl.

Bren
XX

hi Kaitlyn, been reading your thread and its given me some inspiration. well done on what you have achieved to date and good luck in reaching your mini goals. x

Hey Kaitlyn how's it all going then?

Bren
X

OK, I'm back.

It's been so long since I've been on here.

I've been having so much going on, mostly at work, that I've hardly had chance to be thinking of dieting. I've tried to do as much as possible (going out for walks with my friends or my dog when I have chance, going swimming etc) but I've not been making it my prioirty. I've not weighed myself in a long time. I have, the last couple of months, been noting down my measurements, and they are descreasing. Probably due to the fact I am now working on a very busy ward and not getting chance to eat.

My plan is to re-evaluate my goals. I still want to get to 12 stone. That is my final goal. But I need my little goals to get there. So my plan:

1-weigh & measure myself by the end of this weekend
2-loose 7lb in one month
3-cut out the chocolate for one whole month, then have no more than one bar per week (it's so tempting when I'm starving after going all day with just breakfast when I'm on a late shift at work).

It's not a huge plan. But it's a start, something to get me going again.

258lb (18stone 6). Bad, but not as bad as I thought.

Bust 125cm
Waist 102cm
Hips 136cm

So, I guess I need a plan now.

Right.

1. Lose 7lb (251lb) by the 30th June 2010
2. Reach 17 stone (238lb) by the 31st August 2010
3. Be 15 stone 5 (BMI 29.8) by 31st October 2010

That will get me out of the obese category, which will be a huge achievement.

I plan to do this by keeping an accurate diary of what I eat, cutting out chcolate for the next month, and then limiting it to once a week thereafter, drinking more water and swimming and walking at least one mile and three miles respectively at least once each per week.

I'm going to try and take something healthy in to work. I either end up missing break and getting something rubbish on the way home, or going to break too late that the shop has closed and I have to get junk from the vending machine.

Having failed (yet again) I plan to succeed this time. Third time lucky (I think this is my third time, anyway).

Right, my motivation. I want to do this so:
  • I look and feel better
  • so that I have a healthy BMI and can pass the medical and fitness test so I can join the RAF as a nursing officer
  • I can do activities that I haven't done before/haven't done for years: I want to go rock climbing, horse riding and I would love to do a bungee jump & a parachute jump
  • I want to be able to go to a theme park and not worry about whether I'm too big to go on the rides
  • I want to be able to go shopping for dresses. I'm tall so they're all ready hard enough to find. Being tall and fat make it nigh on impossible
  • (I haven't admitted this to anyone!) I really, really want to start a family - I want nothing more than to settle down with a nice man (yet to be found) and become a mum. My periods are so irregular that even if I did have a nice man, getting pregnant would be so difficult, no doubt
My plan (yeah, I know I've come up with these before, but I really, really want to succeed this time):
  • come on here regularly and be acountable - at least twice a week, and report my weight and measurements
  • start with 2 weeks of eating healthy - choosing the healthiest nicest option (when I go to break real late at work, there are sometimes only yucky salads left, prawn or egg, and there is no way I could eat those) and cutting out the other junk I eat at work
  • loose 7lb by Halloween. That gives me over 1 month. Surely do-abale.
  • ideally (but needs reviewing) 7lb per month thereafter. At 7 stone to lose (or thereabouts), that's a final goal deadline of 14 months. Christmas 2011.
  • As for sizings, I do not know what I want. Size 14? Is that an average size for someone of 5 foot 11?
Anyway, current measurements (last night):
bust 120cm
waist 108cm
hips 139cm

Weight 261lb (18 stone 9)

Hey good luck, third time lucky a? :) well nothing to do with luck but sounded like a fairly fitting cliche :)

Those past attempts were just moving you closer to this time, where you get things right. Well done for refocussing and good luck on cracking the nut this time :) you'll do it. Keep posting on here for support and remembering why you're losing weight, and you'll be there in no time! GL!!

Good luck with this attempt! I literally just read your whole diary and wow what a journey! Sometimes you need to go through difficulties in order to prevent them in the future. You know why you fell off the wagon before and you can prevent this stopping you again. You go girl! You can do it :) all the best

Hi Kaitlyn,

Great to see you back! Third time will be lucky. You are truly working through what you want in life body wise and future wise. And you know what..... you will have it all. Head down and bum up! Forget about deadlines and just get to it.

We are all here for you and if you need that kick up the butt then I will be the one to do it! Promise I wont bruise you...LOL!

So what are you going to do about eating at work? Do you make your meals and take them with you? Otherwise have you thought about what are you going to do at snack time?

Always here for you.

Bren
x

Back