Kam here....please read and take note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freedom of speech is something that has not been with me very long. Always the one to sit on the edge looking in but no more. I will not standby and listen and do as I am told anymore! I'm 38 not 8!
People are entitled to their opinions as am I, if some people have taken offence then I am sorry but if they have found it offensive maybe it hit a nerve that needs looking at and just maybe I've indirectly helped them.
This was a post about something that is affecting me and I needed some advice thats all!

Kami x

Kam - as one of the people who PMd you, asking a question, I hope that you don't think that I was being unpleasant to you. I just wanted to clear something up, that's all.

I'm sorry if anyone else's messages upset you.

God this is getting silly,this happened last week?
Kam was just stating her friend wasnt helping her in her journey and she didnt know what to do about it,I though Minis was a place of saying what we felt was ok,Im getting to the stage Im scared to say how I feel as people will get nasty?It is hard when your trying to stay on track and someone close to you isnt it doesnt help you,to save theyre feelings its hard to know what to say to them,so coming here like kam did to ask for help is the best thing I think she could do?Also I find it hard when people say theyve cheated and lost loads when if youve stuck to it and havent lost loads you find it hard,but if we cant express these feelings then I feel it will be hard for new members to come on and say like we all have how hard it is for them.We all know how hard this is most of us have struggled a million times biut if someone posts a thread we dont like we shouldnt feel its aimed at us directly?
PLEASE PLEASE guys try and see this we want minis to stay like it is a place where we can pour our thoughts fellings and questions to experianced people without nasty backlash.Please Pm me if you dont agree?
XXC:)

If people want to express their opinion, here, on the forum, is the place.
Ann

Don't worry Kami - tomorrow it will some other forum drama.

Was going to email you but I see you are not accepting those at the moment !!!!

Don't forget who is No1 and don't let ANYONE or ANYTHING get in your way.

I have had the same issues many many times in my life - not just weight ones. At the end of day you can only moan so much before you have to take action.

I am sick of my job and I have moaned about it for a couple of years but I am still here. Now I tend to talk about what I am doing about it and then moan about me job. :) :)

But if I am sick of hearing about it then other people must be.

On occasions I have told the person to stop moaning about it and do something about it - other occassions I just avoid them or avoid the whole conversation.

It depends on how much this person means to you, do you still want them in your life or not - If you do then perhaps you should mention how it effects you and what can be done to make your relationship better.

If not - Forget about them - It's not worth stuffing your face over - We have a promise to keep - Remember !!!!!!

Hi Kami

Sorry ur getting a hard time... ignore them... maybe they got confused and mistook this for a school yard.. maybe its time some people grew up!

I think the problem might have arisen because one of our members felt that the initial post was directed specifically at her.

My PM to Kam was a query to clarify if this was the case or not. And it is not. So therefore there is no problem.

Hi Kam,

Chin up hon! I had a toxic friend too who I happily waved goodbye to: she was sabotaging my diet & my life 'cos she was upset about hers. Someone who is constantly moaning & depressive who is an emotional drain shouldn't be considered the same as anybody on here who finds the diet difficult. (GOD KNOWS I'm one of them! - difficult diet not depressive!) Kam was referring to one person who was draining her, this is the place to get help not give insults!

Love xxx

I feel if people are peeved at what someone says it should be posted in the open as its unfair to have nasty pms etc sent to you!

Hi Kamilla

I'm sorry about all of the nasty e-mail's, pm's etc that you are receiving. I've always found you to be very supportive and know that you would have done everything you can to help your friend. I don't post much but enjoy reading your posts and felt that I should send you my support. As has already been mentioned...delete them and pay no attention (((hugs))).

Jazzy x

Kam honey... i'm 100% behind you asking on this site what you should do about a situation you are in.... i read your thread and took it in the good faith it was written in and that was that you needed some advice on what to do.... all of us at one stage or another have asked for similar help and just because it wasnt involving a weight issue probably didn't get any bad feedback or nasty pm'ssss :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i honestly can't believe (obviously i do believe ya :D :D ) that people would bother slating ya unless you were trying to be particularly personal about someone, which i doubt very much that you would do that

chin up and know who you are (which ya seem to..) and know ur reasons for posting and don't mind what anyone else says

love

Gen xx

I think the problem might have arisen because one of our members felt that the initial post was directed specifically at her.

My PM to Kam was a query to clarify if this was the case or not. And it is not. So therefore there is no problem.

And you know what, Issy, even if it was about one of our members (which, for the record, I don't know nor wish to know who its about!) Kam was discreet in her post not to mention any names nor mention any connection with this forum so, I think, she is entitled to ask for any advice on how to deal with a situation that was getting her down.

Anybody's interpretation of what she was saying or whom she was referring to is just that.....THEIR INTERPRETATION. Surely we must all have some better way of spending our time rather than picking one person's request for help to pieces and then PM'ing or emailing her about it.

Sorry but I'm quite incensed about this now and have to go and bake some bread - not for me to eat, but for my daughter as I promised her I would....and before anybody has a go at me about mentioning baking or bread ...well its just tough, life has to go on!! :mad:

PS: This is not directed at you Izzy....just everyone that felt it ok to "demonise" an individual for having her own opinions!

I've calmed down now and was going to delete this post but have decided to leave it! :)

Hi Kami... ((((((hugs)))))) DON'T LET THEM USE EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL ON YOU! :mad:

Sod 'em hun. As one who was in the exact same place as you this time last week, I can tell you straight - it's not worth wasting your emotions on. You've done absolutely nothing wrong - quite the opposite. Sit tight, batten down the hatches and let them all get on with it...they are truly NOT worth it... if you get nasty ones post them on here and show these cowards for what they are - or better yet, don't lower yourself to their level and simply forward their messages to Mini and I'm sure she will deal with them!

When I got nasty comments she took care of it for me.

You are entitled to your opinion, just the same as anyone else - regardless of who your post may or may not be about. It is, as was in my case, misplaced offence that sparks an entire fall out - absolutely ridiculous. I'm glad that at least your supporters are out here in the open too! (Most of mine were a tad shy... lol... probably for fear of what you are now experiencing!!!):eek:

Don't allow them to bully you sweetheart. They aren't worth it, trust me! (I bear the scars and the tear stains!!);)

Chin up chuck... sending positive thoughts your way....

I haven't read through this entire thread, (will get around to it soon lol) but I'm sure whatever was "said" wasn't meant to offend, chin up hun! Don't let it get you down xx

*pootles off to make coffee, before settling down to read the thread*

FF&F sorry to hear you were on the receiving end of some negativity last week too (((HUGS)))

My final say!

TO ALL THE SELFISH B&STARDS WHO HAVE EMAILED & PM'D ME TODAY....I'M NOT BITING! OH AND YOUR IN MY SPAM FOLDER NOW WHERE YOU BELONG!

To all of you that have emailed, pm'd & posted me with your support I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Kam x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back