Karens EE Diary

excellent... there are a couple of youth workers on here too so I guess lots of us are kept on our toes by the young'uns :D

I made the potato, spinach and chicken curry last night and it was devine. All the goodies are gone now (well... all the ones I like!) so its back on track properly now.

I was going to go to the library today but I did my reading and the writing i wanted to do last night. So I am going to finish off tomorrow after I have been into the office. Today I am going to Endsleigh Garden Centre to see all the Christmas trees. We need a new tree and i want a big one. A trip to Endsleigh always kicks off my christmas spirit :D

So... today should be a well-behaved and productive one...

Day 5 of week 26

Brekky
banana

Lunch
Cheese (HEX A) Sandwich (HEX B + 2 syns)
with salad cream (2 syns) and Salad
Pineapple

Dinner
Spicy Chilli and Tom Prawns with wholewheat spaghetti with peppers, onions and spices (3 syns)
Salad

Snacks
TBA

Total Syns: 7

Last edited:
The Garden Centre was a good idea and we enjoyed it. We didnt get a tree though. None of them seemed that great :sigh: I saw a gorgeous pair of Love birds though and wanted to bring them home... tis just like me to go shopping for one thing and choose something entirely different :rolleyes:

I feel really hungry right now. I just want to eat something hot and stodgy! i need feeding. Im going to resist though as it is farrrrrrrrr too close to weigh-in.

Im doing tomorrows menu now as I may not get a chance to pop online during the day. Im in the office all day so that ought to help me behave.

Day 6 of week 26

Brekky
Boiled egg
Grapes
Banana

Lunch
Couscous (0.5 syns)
2 boiled eggs
Salad
Apple

Dinner
SW chips
grilled chicken
salad

Snacks
125ml 'the one' milk & 3 extra light cheese triangles (HEX A)
walkers crisps (9 flipping syns)

Total Syns: 13.5

Last edited:
good morning minis,

another cold morning here in Plymouth - i hope they have good heating at uni! Today I am finishing one of my essays and will be starting the other during this week. I have a lecture this morning and a couple of hours this afternoon to finish my coursework. Whatever I dont finish today I can finish tonight.

other than that, theres no immediate plans. I am trying to not have to go out as I cannot stand this cold weather!

WI day of week 26

Brekky
Grapes
Banana

Lunch
Bacon & boiled egg Sarnie (HEX B)
Pineapple

Dinner
Jacket potato
sausage casserole made with:
2 linda Mccartney sausages (4 syns)
beans
onion
tinned toms
spices

Snacks
125ml 'the one' milk & 3 extra light cheese triangles (HEX A)

Total Syns: 4

Enjoy your day inside! I'm going to dig the car out and set off for work! That's a slight exaggeration - we've about 3 inches of snow but the traffic is all backed up outside my house which suggests that a purple pig has jack-knifed somewhere in the vicinity! :(

Hope you managed to get to work ok lesley. People still drive like loonies in bad conditions - its ridiculous! This morning I watched a car stop to allow parents and children to walk across the road and the car behind overtook and almost knocked a man over! I have seen that a few times but our crossing-lady is only part time. 2 years ago a boy got knocked down... very scary. he was ok but shaken.

I have to do my essay now. Im soooo not in the mood! gonna have my sarnie and crack on. I will be back tonight with my weigh-in results. I really really hope i get this half lb off so that i can get my 2.5 stone award. gotta say, I may have a STS because of my picking and thanksgiving.... eekk!

OH! before i forget, i got a call this morning from a friend to say she had been interviewed by our adoption social worker and it went really well. she had asked him how long it would take before my husband adopting the older two kids would take and he reckoned we could count on it being very early in 2011. YAY!! He still has to meet my parents and another friend/reference and write to the court. exciting stuff!

See you tonight minis xxx

Thanks Karen - nightmare journey in with snow & nightmare journey home with ice :( I really do not like driving in those conditions! Anyway fingers crossed for you tonight and if you stay the same it's still a good result! Thanksgiving is special after all! :p Good news on the adoption front and 2011 will be here before you know it! :D

Hi my lovely! Good luck for WI tonight and fab news on the adoption front! Sounds like 2011 could be a fab year for you all round (or not round any more!!!! :eek::D)

Thank you ladies, kev is dead chuffed about speed of adoption now. it took well over a year to be assigned a social worker but is flying by now.

i was totally gutted at WI. I gained 0.5lb. i know i wasnt great at thanksgiving but i wasnt that bad... and i picked a lot another day but, again, not THAT bad. I thought the worst would be that I would STS. Bugger! I didnt bother to stay for image therapy as i was freezing and thoroughly cheesed off :( Usually when I gain i know its coming and certainly deserve it... ugh!

Today I have uni, food shopping, christmas shopping and putting up the tree and decs with the kids. Should be a fun day :D

Day 1 of week 27

Brekky
Pineapple

Lunch
Tesco healthy Living Sweet chilli chicken noodles (4.5 syns)
Apple

Dinner
Syn-Free Chilli con carne & rice

Snacks
Milk (HEX A)
onion Rings (6 syns)

Total Syns: 10.5

Weekly allowance left: 94.5

Last edited:
Good evening minis. Had a long day but feeling good. Popping on now as I am working all day tomorrow.

Day 2 of week 27

Brekky
Banana
Satsuma

Lunch
Ham sarnie (hex b)
Salad cream (2)
Salad
Satsuma
Handful of grapes

Dinner
synfree spag bol
Milk and cheese (hex a)

Snacks
Aero white chocs moose (5.5)

Total syns: 7.5

Weekly syns left: 87

Last edited:
Today was good. I was at work all day and behaved myself. The spag bol was great... i used a meatball recipe from here which suggested using chilli flakes. they gave my spag bol a bit of a kick - much to the horror of my 6 yr old...oops! The rest of us loved it though.

I have loads of potatoes to use up so think I will have a jacket spud for lunch tomorrow and maybe do a potato based curry tomorrow night. who knows? No doubt i will change my mind again. I never end up cooking the things I say I will :rolleyes: The kids tend to want pizza on a friday night and hubby usually picks one up from asda deli on his way home from work. luckily im not a fan of pizza otherwise it would be torture! I do rather love the chicken, spinach and spud curry so will possibly make that.

I am off work tomorrow. As of today I no longer work Friday nights so don't have to worry about detached work in the snow :D I really need to do my essays so will spend a couple of hours doing that in the morning then do a bit of chrimbo shopping in the afternoon maybe. Hubby has promised me he will be home early tomorrow so i can spend a few hours at the library and he will entertain the kids on sunday so i can spend a lot of hours there lol. lucky me! it will be nice to get these essays over and done with though. I can feel this next 10 days will be a bit of pressure but once i have everything done i can start winding down for a lovely christmas with hubby and the kids :D

On a completely different note, I am really enjoying this 'Leverage' TV series at the moment. Not because of the plot but because it has yummy Timothy Hutton in it. I have fancied him since i was a teen but hes never been that famous...til now. he caught my eye while i was young and hormonal and he was in a film as a firefighter (love the uniform...) so its been love ever since :D Well... definitely lust.... :eek:

hubby is on his laptop paying bills and im on mine pretending to do uni work but im here surfing minis and watching Tim. The steely look of concentration on my face must make him think Im busy writing about welfare theory or whatnot. What a lovely way to spend a snowy evening...

my parents are meeting our adoption social worker tomorrow. We had to give 3 refs... 2 of friends who we know well and 1 of relatives. He has met with 1 of our refs, hes meeting my folks tomorrow and he is seeing our other friend next week. he is just waiting for some info from my ex and can send his report to the court after that. Lots of progress! it still infuriates me that they need the permission of a man who has never paid a penny or given any emotional support. still... its nearly over. yay!

Roll on day 3 of this week. Theres no way I am coming home without that 2.5 sticker on Tuesday! I have to lose as much as i can this month as I want to start the new year as light as possible :D

Good night minis

xxxxx

good morning minis :D

Im ready for the library and to do my bit of shopping. I just need to take the kids to school first :)

Day 3 of week 27

Brekky
Satsuma
2 slices toast (HEX B + 1 syn)
Spread (2.5 syns)

Lunch
Ham and beans
jacket potato

Dinner
Chicken, spinach and spud curry
with peppers and onion

Snacks
The One Milk (HEX A)

Total syns: 3.5

Weekly syns left: 83.5

Last edited:
Oooh I bet you'll appreciate the Friday nights at home.....especially this week! :p
I love that chicken spinach and potato curry which is a bit of a miracle when I've spent more years than I care to admit avoiding anything green and consequently have never tasted spinach in my life.......until I started SW! Mind you that goes for a lot of veg - I only ever ate onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and raw peppers so for me to cook and eat the speed soup with 12 different veg in is a bit of a miracle :D
Hope the essays are going well! ;)

Heya Lesley :D

I am really pleased about the Friday nights off work. Ive swapped them for outreach on a Wednesday afternoon and can now have my weekends to myself :D Well... until the weather gets better at least! im sure the sessions will start up again as soon as the weather gets milder.

I really have to make that soup. I have the recipe but havent tried it yet. I never used to eat peppers either but Ive always been a complete onion monster. LOVE EM! I eat raw red onion with almost everything lol. Great weather for soups... I ought to try a few recipes.

this weekend has been good so far. We didnt go out yesterday as we needed to clear through quite a bit of crap at home. We have successfully sorted through all the toy boxes in the garage and whittled 9 boxes of toys down to 1. The rest have been binned and donated. The remaining 1 are some of Aidens favourites that he hasn't seen for a while... so he got mega excited and had a bit of an early christmas with rediscovering them :) I want to give some time today to dragging out the toy boxes in the bedroom and seeing if there are any to donate from there too. We need to make room for the chrimbo pressies!

We also moved around our living room furniture and did all the decs yesterday. we have the biggest sofa I have ever seen and a small room so it is a flipping nightmare but Im pleased with how the room looks now. Im going to move the dining furniture today, clear through the toys upstairs and finish this essay. Its half done and Im pretty much happy with what I have planned for the rest of it...I just need to physically make it happen :) I really cannot be bothered but the deadline is getting close and I still have another one to finish. Its only year 1 and I find time and motivation quite challenging already! i do love the course and the job but i dont like all this having to prove I am absorbing the info via assignments lol. Can they not just take my word for it?

so, last night I was a complete moron and dived into a chinese with the family. we spent a long time sorting the house and ewveryone was starving by the time we finished. I was too pooped to cook and didnt need my arm twisting much. so I wasted all of my hard work and could really kick myself. I didnt even do the healthy options... I just had a bit of everything that the others ordered and lots of it was fried and in sticky thick sauces. so I will be good for the rest of the week but have no idea what damage i have done. I dunno why i do it... it was really poor planning and a lack of will power i suppose. Im usually ok if i am organised. I didnt eat all day. Hubby made boiled eggs and toast for brunch but i couldnt eat it as the eggs were basically raw when i opened mine and there was no other eggs left. so, i just got on with the days activities and by the time we were done my ears were ringing, i was dizzy and the diabetes was totally out of whack. so! i made it even worse by eating crap. I am quite upset with myself as I was so determined to get my award but i have to confess and just get on with it. I'll be as good as i can for the rest of this week. I weigh-in in 2 days....

Today I am having:

Day 5 of week 27

Brekky

Satsuma

Lunch
Ham and salad sarnie (HEX B)
Salad cream (2 syns)

Dinner
BBQ chicken 2.5 syns
Jacket Potato
Salad

Snacks
The One Milk (HEX A)

Total syns:

crikey - sounds like a mega-productive day! No wonder you were shattered! :eek: You still got loads of syns left for the week haven't you so why not over estimate the chinese at 30 or something and just run from there :p From what i can see you'll still have 20 or so left to get you through to WI which is ample isn't it. Surely you can also factor in all the physical activity you had lugging things around so that must have banked you some body magic as well :D

I reckon you are right Lesley, except that bit about lugging furniture. I mainly did that thing where you appear to be doing half of the work but in reality, you are making the other person carry more than their fair share... even so, I did feel tired - but probably not as tired as my poor hubby lol.

it is 2am but I have finished my essay YAY!!!! :D Just one more to go. I will get on with that tomorrow. I need to take a heap of books back to the library and switch them for different books. First though, I need sleep. Im so so relieved to have got 1 module completed - i should sleep like a log now...

Haha I like your style! ;)
Well done on completing one of the essays :D Just get the other finished this week and then you can concentrate on Xmas without that hanging over you! Is it something you can get your teeth into or some 'dry as dust' type title?

Back