Karens EE Diary

My poor baby! my 13 year old is home sick today. He threw up lastnight and had an asthma attack. Now he has a high temp and looks like hell. So, today I am Nurse Karen :rolleyes: I was hoping to get to the library and do some shopping but now im in mumsy mode. its not often my teen son needs his mummy BLESS!

I have weigh-in tomorrow! I hope i have done well. I have been absolutely crap since August and need to start taking this seriously. I have a long journey ahead and I am making it much longer than needs be! If i dont have a good loss this week and next then it'll mean another poor month of SW performance. Im sick of being fat! why am i prolonging it? STILL! It has to be said that to just not have given up entirely by now is an achievement for me. I look for any way out after a while with everything but I am determined to stay on SW, even if I am being a slow numpty.

Im going for quick and easy food today. Its all a bit 'samey' but I needed to shop and cant now as son is off school. so:

Day 6 of week 25

Brekky
banana

Lunch
Cheese salad sarnie (hex a + b + 2.5 syns)
salad cream (2 syns)

Dinner
BBQ Chicken (2.5 syns)
Ainsley Harriot Couscous (0.5 syn)
Salad of lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms and spring onion

Snacks
150ml milk (3 syns)

Total Syns: 10.5

Last edited:
work was easy going this evening so thats cool. I have stayed on track today and look forward to seeing how i get on with the scales tomorrow night. I resisted all offerings of takeaway pizza at work and hot salty popcorn (a fav!). I hadnt even had my dinner and was starving but stayed strong - even when loads was left over and I was offered it to bring home so that they didnt have to bin it. AGGHHHH!

Jay is feeling a lot better now so thats good. he can go to school tomorrow! i have uni in the morning and a staff meeting shortly after - then grab kids from school. i also have weigh-in at 7pm and then will rush home into a comfy warm pair of PJs and will get an early night :D

off to my warm bed... I am freezing!

g'night minis xxx

Last edited:
Good luck with your WI this week Karen. I did chuckle when you said about to teen not being well and looking after him. It's nice when they need you every now and again isn't it!!!

Keep going lovey, you're doing great.

hello margery... what a brilliant username :D I think I took the opportunity to mother my teen too far as he ended up tutting a lot and couldnt wait to get back to school today lol. Ah well!

Uni was good this morning. If I get a poor WI result tonight Im blaming it on an expanding brain rather than peanut butter cookies and not exercising AT ALL this week!

I have danger looming. Thursday is Thanksgiving and my hubby is a homesick American so we are pulling out all the stops. Earlier in the month we placed a big americansweets.com order so the house is stuffed full of American goodies. greenbean casserole...creamed corn...fried onions... sweet potato pie... pumpkin pie .... and thats not even all the imported chocs and savories (extra-strength cheddar fishes biscuits and graham crackers...smores poptarts...coconut m&ms... herseys.. reeces... to name but a few). Drooling at the thought. We also have root beer and mountain dew. So, i dunno how i will manage Thursday! I will try to just eat the meat and veggies but i know there will be a few slips. I will try to flexi-syn it and be extra tight for the rest of the weeks syn-age. I usually pick quite a bit at the devilled eggs and theres this snack... a slice of lean ham with philly cheese spread on it... then you get a gerkin/pickle and roll the ham and cheese around the gerkin. its so yummy. Im sure I can make those as low syn as possible and just snack on them inbetween. of course, theres every chance i will take one look at the spread and just dive on in :D

for today though, I am a food angel:

Week 25 WI day!

Brekky
none - running late for uni...

Lunch
boiled egg
couscous (0.5 syn)
salad
slice of bread (1/2 hex b)

Dinner
syn free cajun chicken and rice
(made with diced chicken, onion, tin of toms, green beans, black pepper and asda 'cajun' spice)

Snacks
milk (hex a)
pineapple

Total Syns: 0.5

Last edited:
Good luck with the weigh in! :)
Actually - looking at the clock that's probably a bit late and it'll all be over and done with by now! Hope it went well though!
I'll say good luck for Thursday instead - it sounds like you'll need it with all those goodies in the house! :eek:

hello lesley, thank you for the lovely support. xxx

i got a loss of 3.5lb this week and Slimmer of the Week. really pleased with that- even though i am just shy of my 2.5 stone award. Really pleased with my result after weeks of faffing though. I mean business now!!

x

Last edited:
Hello Surreygal! thank you hun. Im thrilled! Finally feel back on track and looking forward to finishing 2010 with more weight off! I started in the mid 19s and am now in the 16s (just) so I feel great about that. I hope to start 2011 in the 15s :D

Having said that though... I ate some frazzles this morning (looked up on SW site that all variety of smiths crisps are 6 syns. of course... thats the 23g bags and i ate a 43g bag (i always look these things up AFTER cramming the food in lol) so those were 10.5 syns. so... still lots to learn and change!

uni was great today. i love wednesday as i have a great, passionate lecturer and an interesting subject (state and welfare). i didnt walk out in protest as others did. i know i should be going mental about my son and daughter going to uni in 5 and 7 years and sticking up for them... i just didnt see how going home an hour early would achieve that? If i protest, i will do it properly in the streets with large groups. all we had was 10 people go home early... they were demonstrating in their cars or homes with no attention drawn to them. i didnt see the point of losing out on a valuable session just to be indoors an hour sooner where no one even knows i am demonstrating.

anyways... today is the first day of week 26 (half a year at sw!!) and it looks like this:

Day 1 of week 26
Brekky
banana

Lunch
cheese (hex a)
salad
salad cream (2 syns)
70g w/m bread (hex b and 1.5 syns)

Dinner
JP
mushy peas
lemon pepper yellowfin sole fish (4.5 syns)

Snacks
milk (2 syns)
frazzles (10.5 syns)

Total Syns: 20.5

Last edited:
Well.. I have gone well over syns - thanks to the evil frazzles. I'd like to say I will make up for it tomorrow but it is thanksgiving so I will most likely have a flexi-day as it is. So I have decided to do a weekly syn count and just make sure it averages out at a max of 105 syns for the 7 days. I think thats realistic and really well behaved...kinda! :eek:

I wont be drinking booze but i will enjoy a lil pumpkin pie and greenbean casserole :D I will try to limit the chocs and cheesy biscuits tho :rolleyes:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MINIMINERS!

well... the day has begun and my children are eating frosted s'mores pop tarts for breakfast. I can smell how sugary they are and Im glad they dont eat that kind of crap usually... especially so early in the day lol. Im having a banana - SIGH! Im working today so we aren't cooking as much as we usually do today but it will still be nice as my parents, my sister, my niece and my buddy Dave are coming to dinner. So, we will be cooking for 10 and hopefully I will be behaving!

Day 2 of week 26

Brekky
banana
apple

Lunch
Cheese (HEX A) Sandwich (HEX B + 1.5 syns)
with salad cream (2 syns) and Salad
Apple

Dinner
Thanksgiving Dinner of:
Turkey
gammon
chicken
frylighted roast parsnips
carrots
sweetcorn
creamed corn (3 syns)
greenbean casserole (7 syns)
low-syn sweet potato pie (2 syns)
gravy (2 syns)

Snacks
3 devilled eggs (1 syn)
4 reeces peanut butter chocs (8 syns)
6 squares smart price chocs (4 syns)
pecan nuts (6 syns)
cheese biscuits (4 syns)

Total Syns: 40.5

Weekly allowance left: 44

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving Karen.

Have a great day.

Thank you, lovely ladies xx Im just off to the shops to buy the trimmings so we can get stuff started (hubby took today off) and then Im off to work. I only work from 11.30 until 3pm today so it will be a nice easy one (i hope) xx Hope you all have a lovely day too xxxxx

Happy Thanksgiving Karen and Hubby! Hope you are having a lovely day! xxx

heya surrey and spanx xxxx thank you! we had a lovely family meal and I didnt go as mad as i could have. i stayed good during the day and tried to load up on free foods for main meal. I had naughty foods but the portions were tiny. unfortunately they were high syn regardless so my count is over 40 syns. I avoided the pumpkin pie as it was heavy laden with sugar and pastry and nuts. I had far smaller portions of the greenbean casserole that i wanted and i didnt have any s'mores even tho they looked amazing. I have 44 syns left for the next 5 days and i think that is totally manageable!

i dont think i was half as bad as i could have been (trust me... i am greedy lol) so i am pleased to have kept some control and still had a nice time with my family. yay!

i think we will be living on leftovers for a week! yum :D

g'night minis xxxxxxxxxxx

Good morning minis :D

I couldnt help but pop on the scales this morning and they showed a gain of 1.5lbs so thats great as it will come back of easily. Also, I wont have to cook tonight... I can just warm up leftovers (the low-syn and synfree ones, of course :)) Result!

I have today off but I will be working tonight for a couple of hours (outdoors...gawd help me!) but im quite looking forward to that.

other than that though... i am sitting at home doing some housework and having coffee (gossip) with a friend.

Im going to try to be really good today (despite there being some very naughty foods still lurking in the larder :eek: )

Day 3 of week 26

Brekky
banana
apple

Lunch
Chicken salad Sarnie (HEX B + 1.5 syns)
Light mayo (2 syn)

Dinner
Turkey
chicken
carrots
sweetcorn
low-syn sweet potato pie (2 syns)
gravy (2 syns)

Snacks
250ml 'The One' Milk (HEX A)

Total Syns: 7.5

Weekly allowance left: 36.5

Last edited:
1.5lbs doesn't sound too bad :p and at least you're straight back on plan which I suppose is half the battle :) Well done! I don't envy you working outside tonight though - do you do Friday night outreach work then?

Hi Lesley, What a freezing night! gloves and jumpers and thick coats don't seem to make a difference! I do detached work on a Friday night for a couple of hours, outreach on a monday and centre based on a thursday. I love it but dont love the cold :D

I feel a bit fed up and frustrated today and theres been food all over the place so i just kept picking at it!

so, today i didnt have brekky but i dod have my usual 3.5 syn cheese salad sarnie and for dinner i will have some cajun chicken, greenbeans and rice. I have picked at pecan nuts and chocolate. ugh!!! I want a chinese but will resist.

i think i will be going to the library tomorrow as I need to pay some attention to one of my essays. theres no point trying to make it a family day as i tried that today and no one wanted to know!

Get everything shoved away out of sight and make a lovely syn free chinese instead of a takeaway :p I've been craving curry all day so I've made Aloo Gobi for later on tonight when I've had my vodka fix again!
I work with young people as well and I'm happy to say it's indoors! Well I'm happy to say that in winter anyway.......summer's a different story! Have fun at the library tomorrow!

Back