Karens EE Diary

changed dinner to the EE chicken, spinach and spud curry. made rice and naan for the others but had mine plain. twas lovely. I can barely keep my eyes open so gonna have an early night. I hope the kids lay-in tomorrow otherwise i just wont cope :cry: i know i have been really low on syns but i am just too tired to mess about. goodnight minis! xxx

edit- scratch that... treated myself to a fibre plus bar... YUM! 7 syns in total... not bad x

Last edited:
well... my daughter is ill now as well. flipping marvellous! surrounded by 3 coughing, snivveling, sneezing kids and its piddling down. some summer!

Day 3 of Week 12

Breakfast

Banana

Lunch

cheese (HEX A)
salad
57g w/m bread (HEX B)
salad cream light (2 syn)
apple

Dinner

Prawns
chilli and tom sauce (5 syns)
pasta
salad

Snacks

Dark Choc Fibre Plus Bar (6 syns)
Banana

total syns: 13

weekly syns left: 48

Last edited:
theres snot-rags everywhere! aggghhhhh! Lucky we have that huge sofa as they all laying on it with duvets watching movies and complaining at me :( at least i aint having to run up and down the stairs for them... that'd be far too much exercise :D

well done on getting back on track so well matey. I like this friendly bit of competition (friendly in that i will DESTROY YOU....)

Well! Im going to spend this friday night relaxing and watching a film or 2. Im going to kick the kids upstairs earlier than usual as I am totally sick of sick kids. they can have an early night and give me some peace! i dunno how Nightingale managed it :jelous:

I am getting into a bit of a bad habit of having double portions of dinner. I have 1 good plateful then go back and get another... I reason that its free so its allowed. aside from that, I am being good and Im happy with the SW plan.

My sister and hubby have mentioned that they can see me getting smaller. That felt really nice :D

Hope you managed to get some 'me' time tonight Karen! It's horrid having to play nursemaid isn't it - and I've only got one to chase around after x

heya spanx, thats hun... i did manage to get some time out. Im about to pop out to replace our printer. Hubby is home so I am going to come back via Sonkies and drink all her coffee :D

Sonya, get kettle on.

Day 4 of Week 12

Breakfast

nowt... had lay-in instead :D

Lunch

cheese (HEX A)
salad
57g w/m bread (HEX B)
salad cream light (2 syn)
apple

Dinner

Jacket Spud
2 Linda Mc Sausages (4 syns)
Cajun Beans
2 light laughing cow triangles (3 syns)

Snacks

WKD (13.5 syns)

total syns: 22.5

weekly syns left: 25.5

Last edited:
it was nice to leave the childrens ward for a while, thanks mate. xx

I am really kicking myself... I went to the pub with my dad, husband and uncle tonight as my uncle is going back to London in the morning. Anyways, ordered a diet coke and it was awful. they'd run out of gas so i couldnt have anything with coke or lemonade and they dont serve bottled water. I could have asked for tap water but have had it there before (when doing CD/exante) and dont like it. so it was between J2o and a WKD. I chose WKD and just checked the syns. Only had one but still 13.5 flipping syns.... :break_diet: I did try to be good... stupid gas! hoping i can just cut back to weekly syns and that it will even out. :sigh:

It was nice to get out though and have a chat with uncle. Dropping him to train station in the morning.

Awww mate one drink cant do too much damage, your drink was less syns than my quiche lol.
Its not as if you see your uncle that often.

Karen, don't worry about that one tiny drink, you could get much worse and had a shed loads :rotflmao:, but you were good!!
I would cut some syns during the week to stay on the safe site ;)

have a good day today

Thank you Ladies, I know you are right... I just think it sent me into a bit of a huff because it was unplanned. If i know im going to go offplan I am fine with it but I didnt expect a 13.5 syn extra... ah well! I still have 25 syns until Tuesday night....i'll be good :D

just got home from dropping uncle at the train station. have a ton of laundry to do and am cooking a roast dinner for my parents. my poor old mum has been running herself ragged looking after my uncles every whim so i thought i would give her a day off cooking. I love roast dinners. actually... i just love food! now that i am committed to eating the right things i can finally embrace the fact that I am an utter foodaholic and not feel stupidly ashamed because of cultural conditioning of being a fat chick. the world can... :kissass:

anyways... on to todays delights....

Day 5 of Week 12

Breakfast

nowt... was running late for train station :eek:

Lunch

chicken breast
salad
57g w/m bread (HEX B)
extra light mayo (0.5 syn)

Dinner

skinless roast chicken breast
roasted potatoes
roasted parsnip
spring greens
peas
gravy (3 syns)

Snacks

250ml SS milk (hex A)
20g Cadbury Caramel Nibbles (5 syns)

total syns: 8.5

weekly syns left: 17

Last edited:
mmmmmm sunday roast.......just dont think it is worth the hassle when its just me and Hannah......enjoy......oooo my mouth is watering.

dont be too jealous... i couldnt taste it lol. Im getting the same lurgy the kids have. ho hum... knew they'd make me ill as they are recovering... Jay still not good though. his chest is really rough and he is coughing quite badly. the asthma pump is getting abused but it does help.

anyways... just got back from another couple of hours at the pub. two nights running! i hardly get to the pub twice in the same 6 month period usually. I was eager to escape the illnesses as hubby is back to work tomorrow and i am back to being the only nursemaid :rolleyes:

i have grabbed a few of the kids chocs, weighed and synned them and all within allowance. dunno why.. couldnt taste them properly either but was nice... i think.

We are planning to go to cyprus for next year... my aunt has a villa on the beach which she has offered to us for a couple of weeks. this is probably the biggest incentive to try and lose my weight for next summer...exciting!

Good Morning (Slimming) World,

I've been hit full pelt by the children's lurgy this morning and can hardly swallow. My sinus stings and I just feel all groggy. Its also still raining. HOWEVER, not going to let it get me down. We have mass doctors appointments this morning as we all have bits falling off or hurting for no good reason.

Today I get to enrol onto my uni course and so should be armed with my timetable shortly. Im so ruddy excited about starting this new phase of my life. I have loved returning to education and appriciate it in a way I simply couldn't at 16. I just love the whole thing and cannot wait to start my degree. So, I have filled out my parking permit application, my uni gym membership (they've just finished building an amazing gym and pool in time for my arrival...) and sorted my library forms. I am an incredibly easy to please kinda girl and this process which will cost me dearly is just making my day :D

I have weigh in tomorrow and I cannot even cheat by sneaky-peeky-ing at my scales. they have died a death. They are teasing me. They are giving a different bloody reading each time I stand on the *******. Some of those readings are MORE than my last weigh in figures and some of then are less. So, I have given up. If I wasn't in such a happy mood I would smash them to smithereens. Official weigh-in tomorrow evening...

Day 6 of Week 12

Breakfast

banana
grapes
FF onken yogurt

Lunch

Fibre Plus bar (HEX B)
Ham & Boiled egg salad
Salad cream (2 syns)

Dinner

Buffalo Pork chop (2 syns)
twice-baked jacket Potato with fromage frais and cheese (HEX A)
corn on cob
Salad

Snacks

11g Highlight hot choc drink (2 syns)
Ainsley Harriott cous cous (0.5 syns)
Fridge raiders (3 syns)

total syns: 9.5

weekly syns left: 7.5

Last edited:
We are planning to go to cyprus for next year... my aunt has a villa on the beach which she has offered to us for a couple of weeks. this is probably the biggest incentive to try and lose my weight for next summer...exciting!

Room for a little one with 3 kids too....lol. Not had a holiday for years......

lol. i think 2 weeks trapped in heat with me, kev, our 3 kids, my parents and possibly dawn, abi, d, and my aunt... you would need another holiday straight after :D

today has been really crappy. kids are getting cabin fever and pretty darn squirrely. i hope they feel better very blooming soon.

good day for SW... i hope i have a good loss tomorrow night. my scales have made me think the worst but i wont let them rule my mood. will just see what happens at WI officially. according to my set i am almost 2lb heavier than last WI. stupid ruddy scales. I have been such a good girl... so i will wait and see :)

I know the feeling....got brand spanking new set of weight watchers scales......hopped on and fell off......they have me 5lb heavier than last weeks weigh in........eeeek

Back