Katalena's RTM thoughts & thingies!

Smoothie 2 Go - got me through abstinence with some lovely shakes. Crushes ice as well and great for frozen fruit / soya milk smoothies.

thank you wooster :) where would i be able to purchase it from

I've seen it in Sainsburys and Tesco, but I think Argos were doing an offer recently. It's about £20.

thank you very much :)

thank you so much :)

ohhh I make my shakes in the smoothie maker on my Kenwood - it has made such a difference to them in the last few weeks.

Even though I have always put alot of water in them (800-900mls) in the LL shaker when I make them in the Kenwood I put 1000mls in and it makes two, lovely, frothy, thick & creamy pints of vanilla/latte and I enjoy them sooooooooooooo much!

My friend who is still in abstinence is really feeling the cold today and on her way here to swap a mushroom soup for a chocolate pack which I have. I have never been a fan of the choc packs but I am going to have it later and make it in my Kenwood as I am sure it will make all the difference :)

Kat xx

choc shake or make the shake than warm it up mmmmmmm lovely jubbley :)

some might like it :)

eww no, don't do warm shakes xx

Week 2, Day 12 (Sunday)

Well Sundays, I love em! A chilled start to the morning. Had a good sleep.

I always used to get up a couple of times a night to pee. Never really drank particularly late so never pin pointed why. Well interestingly enough, although I was on a huge amount more water through abstinence, I stopped peeing through the night. Well, now that I am eating again, I am back to getting up through the night to pee - interesting!

Had my usual this morning. Ramekin of fat free yoghurt, crumbled warm peanut bar and skinny latte - lovely!

My nephew & I then walked to Next and Matalan to do some bits and pieces of shopping.

On my return I made a salad bowl and finished the lil bit of mushroom salad I made for last night's dinner and a teaspoon of tzatziki on top.

We watched Twilight - I do love that film! I had a vanilla/coffee shake - 1000mls of water in those certainly fills me up now. Difficult situation as I cannot do them thicker but it fills me up too much! Really looking forward to dropping down to two foodpacks a day on Weds. Will be peanut bar for breakfast and shake mid afternoon.

Rik got home and sister & bro in law arrived to collect nephew. Had a skinny latte and a chat with them. When they went home Rik & I went shopping to get some bits for the week.

After shopping I sat down and had a chat with Rik and enjoyed a green tea with orange & lotusflower - really enjoying these teas.

I made a huge bowl of salad for the next couple of days. A real good mix of leaves: rocket, baby spinach, romane lettuce, iceburgh lettuce, watercress, pea-shoots, white cabbage and red cabbage. Shredded it all into the bowl and gave it a big mix up. I put a portion in a cereal bowl and added chopped red/green & yellow pepper, celery, radish, courgette, cucumber & mange tout - looked fabulous - a real rainbow salad.

I made a fresh bit of mushroom salad (from week 1-4 book) I used fresh coriander this time - made the world of difference - added a good spoonful to my plate.

I then topped my salad with a fresh smoked trout fillet (85 cals), some fresh prawns (64cals) mixed with some l/f thousand island dressing topped with a pinch of smoked paprika and a dessert spoon of l/f cottage cheese.

Tonight's dinner looked lovely!

I shall shortly have some s/f jelly & a 150g pot of of Total Greek 0%. I have been much better with my yoghurt today. Have decided not to have it at lunch time and portion it in a ramekin for breakfast and after dinner.

I have had two cans of diet pepsi today. Enjoyed them both but would like not to have that much so shall not do that again. It isn't something I really had that often before so think it is just the novelty.

I have my long day working in London tomorrow so I have measured out my yoghurt into a small tuperware box and will add my warm, crumbled peanut bar in the morning to have on my train journey. I have prepared a salad box to have at lunch time. I will take a shake to have before I leave there late afternoon. I will have to have my other shake and dinner when I get home which is rather late on a Monday but it will all work itself out.

I have my shake to have tonight. Going to try a chocolate one again - first time in ages. Will whiz it up in my Kenwood - that may make it better!

I feel back fully in control today. Not that I really felt out of control for the last couple of days but felt a lil obssessive about yoghurt! Got over that and adult is back.

Kat xx

Last edited:
cant beat a plate of salad :) its brillant
i had a quorn chicken style piece stir fry was amazing

Sounds like lovely meal choices and good planning for your busy day tomorrow. I find if I pre pack things for when I am busy at work, it helps loads. Good on you re the yoghurt, you have to streach your wings a bit then clip the wings and take the control back. But I found I nearly always od'd on new foods. I still adore my yoghurt and do have it daily.

Enjoy tomorrow hun, don't work too hard!!

Jez
xx

Well I have just done something interesting with some orange jelly.

I had a chocolate food pack which I wouldn't usually as I am not a fan but my friend needed a soup so we swapped one. I thought I would give it a go - made it up in the Kenwood - YUK! So bland. Had a think what I could add and didn't want coffee so put a small ramekin of made up orange jelly, figured if I zapped it it would mix in ok - it did, it is lovely!

Won't do it again as I won't get chocolate shakes, plus I prefer to eat the jelly rather than drink it but got me through this shake!

Kat xx

Last edited:
I just threw half of my last shake away. I was so full I just had no room for it so it had to go!

Kat xx

wow jelly and choc shake nice :) ill try that tomorrow :p

If you mix in the ready made jelly (even one you have made and allowed to set yourself - which is what I did) be careful as it does start to seperate if you leave it to settle.

Kat xx

wow jelly and choc shake nice :) ill try that tomorrow :p

thanks kat

think we have to copyright that mixture in your name ;)

Orange Jelly Mixed With Chocolate F/P
© Katalena 2009 ;)

I am not being held responsibile for that! lol Seen as I dislike the chocolate foodpack, I have never liked anything chocolate/orange flavoured and I threw half of it away! lol

Kat xx

thanks kat

think we have to copyright that mixture in your name ;)

Orange Jelly Mixed With Chocolate F/P
© Katalena 2009 ;)

Back