Katalena's RTM thoughts & thingies!

I turned into a fish addict the first few weeks of RTM which surprised me as i only very occasionally ate it when there was nothing veggie on offer if i went out

how are the jeggings? i'm loving mine! look really good with knee high boots
daisy x

I am a meat eater and always loved chicken but at the moment it i fish all the way! funny!

I love my jeggins hence why I went and bought another pair - a girl must have variety! lol They do look fab with knee high boots - I have a few pairs to choose from so it is good to be able to mix and match outfits. I love fashionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!

Kat xx

kat your doing fab
and as i said on the other post rik is what being a guy is all about and making the girl/lady in your life feel special especially at a time like this
you have done amazing kat :)

I have some nice black leggins to, some plain and some with sparkly bits down the sides.

The jeggins I have are actual denim ones - rather like skinny jeans. I am not a fan of the leggins that look like denim.

Kat xx

Do ya lovely ladies not buy leggings as well as jeggings????

Jez
xx

Thank you Ken :) I have been reading your log and you are doing well yourself! I am looking forward to moving into week 2.

Rik is a very good man. He knows how to make me feel special and does so regularly just by being the man he is :)
which is going being the "madam" I am ;);) lol

Kat xx

ur doing fab
and as i said on the other post rik is what being a guy is all about and making the girl/lady in your life feel special especially at a time like this
you have done amazing kat :)

lol you sure are a madam :)
guess tuesday you and rik will be playing MW2 :)

We have ordered it so it will be here, I probably won't play it though! We have also preordered L4D2. We have been playing the demo - brilliant!

Kat xx

lol you sure are a madam :)
guess tuesday you and rik will be playing MW2 :)

l4d2 yeah the 1st one was brillant, the tank just made me laugh
im waiting for assasins creed 2 also
and xmas going to have either rock band or guitar hero

Week 1, Day 5

Up about 0900 this morning and had my skinny latte and warmed peanut bar - lovely! Still the best part of the day.

Got Rik up at 1100 and went to Next to get two more lamps like we bought yesterday as they were so good.

We then went to Gloucester Docks shopping outlet as Rik wanted to get something from the Helly Hanson shop. We decided to have a sneaky peak in the Le Creuset shop as I adore their ranges. Have never bought any as it is pricey and I have never been able to justify it. I do think it is worth it though! Well £496.00 later and a beautiful teal range of cast iron pans, kitchen cookware, stoneware etc... we headed to Sainsbury's to do some food shopping.

Had my usual vanilla/coffee shakes throughout the afternoon between watching The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, doing washing, sorting kitchen old & new bits and bobs, food prep for a buffet I am doing tomorrow and playing on the xbox with Rik.

I then made Rik lasagne, salad and a jacket spud whilst making his lunch to take to work tomorrow.

For my dinner, I plated up my usual salad leaves, celery, dressing and a teaspoon of cottage cheese.

I then prepared my fresh salmon - first time I have cooked it or tried it! I placed it on a piece of baking paper on a piece of foil, crushed a garlic clove over the top and some chopped red chilli with a good splash of lemon juice and some coarse black pepper and a teeny weeny bit of rock salt. Placed it in the oven on 180 for 25 mins, it smelt great whilst cooking.

As I was eating I did think it was a good size piece of salmon and that my salad was a good size too (I make the mixture of leaves up in a small cereal bowl before putting it onto my plate) but I trusted my judgement and listened to my body. I did finish everything on my plate and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The mistake I then made was to finish what was in my glass of soda/st clements right after my meal - ugh! I will not do that again! Fortunately that feeling only lasted a few minutes as it was just fluid!

I am sat here now watching the Xfactor and Rik made me a caffe classico black coffee.

Tomorrow will be a late dinner as I work in London on a Monday but will have my skinny latter & peanut bar before I go and my vanilla/coffee shakes throughout the day.

Kat xx

Rik has Beatles Rockband which he loves as he is a huge Beatles fan!

Kat xx

l4d2 yeah the 1st one was brillant, the tank just made me laugh
im waiting for assasins creed 2 also
and xmas going to have either rock band or guitar hero

you are doing great kat!
im sure you will make good use of the le crueset - and i thought i had splashed out on my magimix food processor!
i'd love some, but i'm too weak to lift them, lol!
daisy x

I know, they are heavy! I couldn't carry it to the car! lol

I splashed out on my steamer, Kenwood food processor and professional nife set 2 weeks ago!

I must stop spending money now lol

Kat xx

you are doing great kat!
im sure you will make good use of the le crueset - and i thought i had splashed out on my magimix food processor!
i'd love some, but i'm too weak to lift them, lol!
daisy x

They are gorgeous and the teal colour is lovely!

We got the starter kit which consists of a good size casserole dish with lid, 2 stoneware oven dishes and 2 ramekins, we got 4 small individual casserole dishes with lids, a set of 3 saucepans, a frying pan and also the salt & pepper pots, oil and vineger bottles, utensil holder and 4 mugs!

Lovely!

Kat xx

So jealous of your latest kitchen purchase, I only have a few of those pots and I love them!!!

Jez
xx

Great stuff Kat - I love Le Crueset and have a few bits myself.

Professional knife set is on my Christmas list :), but I'm also going a bit furth and planning a whole new kitchen!!

As the kitchen is going to be a room I spend a lot of time in.... I want to relocate it to a completely different room in the house which is brighter and will overlook the garden - and be designed exactly how I want it :D:D:D. Lot of planning to do for it though. Not as big a job as it seemed to start as all the services are in about the right places.

I LOVE being in the kitchen at the moment. Today I cooked up a huge batch of sweet potato and butternut squash soup and then made a panful of carrrot and corriander soup using the last of the carrots from the garden. Also made the Christmas cake and a scotch broth in the slow cooker.

I've been experimenting with the slow cooker - and todays offering was a big success, apparently. :p I think I will be using it a lot in the future.

Ahh kitchen eh - how many gadgets can we rave about?? xx

rock band beatles does loo good
but i think alot of game time is going to be spent on MW2 and L4D2

OMG what a fantastic cooking day TI it all sounds divine!!! I am busy with that Xmas stuff atm, should have it for you soon :)

Jez
xx

Back