Katalena's RTM thoughts & thingies!

I agree Ken! Borderlands has been shelved for the time being as has Wet but we will get back to them!

I noticed that Lego Indie 2 is out too! We have loved the lego games so far!

Kat xx

rock band beatles does loo good
but i think alot of game time is going to be spent on MW2 and L4D2

Last edited:
TI, that does sound like a fab cooking day! I love it when I have time to do that! I make the time too! Rik is away at his parents next weekend and I am not able to go as I do not have enough annual leave to take off so I may spend some time cooking on Sat/Sun :)

Kat xx

yeah im starting on assasins creed tonight, had bioshock thats a game ill play over xmas, so much depth :) downloading the l4d2 demo now

The demo took ages to DL last night Ken but we got there in the end! Let me know what you think!

Kat xx

yeah will do :) i wanna play as the hunter :)
while im downloading that watching either gran torino or fighting

there are alsorts of "baddies" in number 2! The jockey freaks me out! lol

Week 1, Day 6

Well what a longgggggggggggggggggggggg ole day that was!

I got up this morning at 0645. Had my skinny latte and warm peanut bar whilst I got ready.

Left home at 0745 and a combination of bus, trains & a taxi later and I got to London at 1215.

Had a my usual vanilla/coffee shake whilst preparing the buffet for the young people and at the same time having a meeting with a health visitor - poor woman must think I am mad dashing about like I was - she questioned me alot about LL too.

Had some Twinings Green Tea with pineapple & grapefruit - it was lovely! Really enjoying green and fruit teas.

Finished with the young people at 1600, tidied up and had my last vanilla/coffee shake whilst I tidied up so I could leave about 1645.

Got to Paddington and was cold and had a while to wait so had a skinny latte - which took me slightly over the recommended skimmed milk allowance of 1/2 pint but I am not going to worry. It warmed me up. Got home at 2115 and got into my comfies to prepare dinner.

Had my usual cabbage/mixed leaves salad with celery, splash of balsamic and some l/f italian dressing topped with a bit of hot smoked trout, and a bit of hot smoked salmon and a teaspoon of l/f cottage cheese with some wholegrain mustard! Yum yum.

Had plenty of soda/st clements throughout the day/evening too.

Just sat now with a cranberry & pomegranite fruit tea :)

A good unwind.

Can't believe week one will be over tomorrow - wow!

I had alot of time to think on the train this morning as I forgot my ipod, book and a magazine but it was good as I thought about weigh in tomorrow for the first time this week! My mind has been so occupied with week 1 of RTM. I realised that for the first time in my entire life I was ok with the fact I may STS! :)

Kat xx

well done kat
i had to go into london today too on the train so long day for me too.

i didn't cope so well tho and felt really deprived of all the goodies i would normally have eaten :-(

so much so i had an extra bar when i got home

it was cold dark and foggy and i was tired - stupid excuses i know!

good luck as you move to week 2!

daisy x

Sorry to hear you had a pants day Daisy. Hope you have a better one tomorrow. I have another 10 Mondays to do the same! In fact the exact 12 weeks of RTM are the same 12 weeks I am working in London every Monday!

Kat xx

Week 1, Day 7

Well today is the last day of week 1. How it flies by.

Started my day the same as usual, skinny latte & warmed peanut bar whilst getting ready to go to work.

Usual vanilla/coffee shake around 1100.

Busy ole morning in work. Really felt the cold today, just could not get warm and it even made me slightly irritable which is so not like me. But I didn't let it affect others around me.

Had my next shake around 1330.

Drank lots of soda/st clements today and a couple of fruit/green teas for some warmth!

Went to LL - lost 2lb this week which was a nice surprise! Checked my ketosis - stick was lighter pink, much lighter so starting to come out of that now. Went along to the developers group and the new foundation peeps have just moved across so decided as from next week I am going to move to the management group on a Wednesday.

Asked a few questions tonight about various foody things. Really pleased that LLC said it would be ok for me to have 2 of my skinny lattes/cappucinos a day - I took the box so she could check the contents :)

She said I could have fat free weight watchers yoghurts near the end of week 2.

Went shopping to get some week 2 bits & bobs then home to make dinner.

Salmon with dill, mustard seed & cracked black pepper coating on a bed of white & red cabbage, rocket, baby spinach, watercress, pea shoots, celery and round lettuce with some l/f thousand island dressing, splash of balsamic and some coarse ground black pepper with the usual teaspoon of l/f cottage cheese & wholegrain mustard.

After dinner Rik made me a skinny cappucino and I am now sat watching him play COD5 MW2 - xbox game that came out today for those that don't know! lol

I have made some sugar free lemon & lime jelly for tomorrow, I am looking forward to having that with a lil bit of fat free natural yoghurt.

Undecided about dinner tomorrow. May venture into the world of chicken tomorrow for some variety with a mixture of veggies on my salad.

Well, so long week 1 :)

Kat xx

well done x

I have actually taken out the chicken that I marinated the other day in chilli, garlic, lemon juice & soy - I froze it as I fancied salmon again but I am going to have it tomorrow! lol

I am looking forward to jelly! I always liked it before. Are the ready made pots of fat free jelly, like the hartleys cranberry & raspberry and passionfruit & mango the same as the sugar free ones?

I am contemplating preparing some crudites and a lil bit of low fat yog with spring onion mixed into it to take to work tomorrow as we are taking the young people bowling tomorrow afternoon and everyone has ordered lunch so thought I might take them to eat :)

Kat xx

I get the impression that I have offended one or two people on here. I am not sure if that is just me thinking I have or if I actually have.

I am a speak my mind, up front and open person that just says things how they are sometimes, well more often than not.

I won't apologise for being that person or for speaking in the way I have about my journey as that is what it is "my journey" but I will apologise if I have caused anyone offence as that is certainly not my intention.

I know the LL experience is different and individual for us all and I do appreciate that.

Kat xx

I've been bulk buying Sweet n Low jelly direct from their website. You get the equivalent of 5 litres of jelly for about £5. It's the only veggie sugar free one I've found. Nope, just remembered about the WW packets. My mind is still a sieve...

The Hartleys ones are great and only 10 cals!

Hey Darling

Good Luck on Week 2, you will enjoy all the new treats. This is when you realise that RTM rocks because each week it's new and exciting things and things to look forward to trying and experimenting with. I use a few of those hartleys pots for emergency supply they rock, and the flavours are great. I find it cheaper in the long run to buy the little packets of their sugar free jelly, 1 packet makes 3 or 4 nice portions (depends how firm you like your jelly) and i found some cute little portion pots in a morrisons. So I whizz them up and always keep a few in the fridge. They make a great snack if you are on the go and need a quick fix. Chicken is fab, it is quite nice to stuff it with a bit of cottage cheese and herb, feels very treaty!!!! nice on salads. Have you found any of the fat free dressings? I have about 6 varieties here that I use frequently. Crudites are great too, I had excellent kitchen fun making a whole batch of dips to take to work for them, and suprising how much a few crudites can fill you up. Glad you can have 2 lattes, think I might have to invest in that machine you have!!!! Then I can have more than the odd one from Starbucks that I allow myself. I seriously doubt you have offended anyone btw and you are right this is YOUR journey, you must do it your way, that is what RTM is all about. BTW look out for the WW fat free dessert range of yoghurts - amazzzzzzzzzzzing!!!!

Hugs hun, you are doing so well

Jez
xx

Thanks for that Jez. I do like some of those Hartleys jelly pots but as you say it makes more sense to make your own - I did that last night with a lemon & lime one so that I have some made for later. I bought a few different flavours.

I have always been a chicken fan so looking forward to that tonight!

I have not found any fat free dips but I am a bit of a fan with experimenting with my own things like that. I do have some of the less than 1% dressings - italian and thousand island and I am a huge fan of balsamic.

I have done some crudites for today, button mushrooms, radish, celery, cucumber, red & orange pepper and I made a dip to go with it out of some virtually fat free fromage frais, 2 tsp of italian dressing and some chopped spring onion!

I love my Dolce Gusto coffee machine, always have and the skinny lattes and skinny cappucinos are fabulous and 48/49 calories!

I bought some of the citrus ww fat free yoghurts and also the ww fat free dessert ones. I will look forward to those at the end of this week. She told me to wait till nearer the end of the week for those.

I am still feeling very relaxed and in control of RTM and eating at the moment so enjoying that feeling.

Love n hugs Jez, you are a wonderful support and I do consider you a friend. I can't wait to meet you in January!

Kat xx

Wow kat your doing fab
and starting week 2 :) jelly is a great addition I made my
own up brillant treat, tonight i'm
making fruit compote :) and
rtm is easy :) much easier than expected

Week 2, Day 8

Well usual start to the day - skinny latte and a peanut bar warmed in the usual fashion.

Got to work and was cold so had a fruit tea - I do like these now.

Had a vanilla/coffee shake approx 1130.

Took 160g of mixed chopped veggies to work today with a spoonful of low fat fromage frais with 2 teaspoons of italian dressing mixed in and some spring onion - enjoy some of that at lunch time.

Had a good but busy day at work today - enjoyed two fresh black coffees . Had another vanilla/coffee shake at approx 1600.

Went to the opticians to get my new lenses - they have really messed about with my trial. They finally got it right and would you believe one of the lenses had a lil tear in it! lol So they have had to ordered me another one for my right eye - they are going to post that out to me.

Got home and relaxed for a while with a skinny latte and watched Rik play COD5.

Prepared dinner for Rik & I. We had a chicken breast marinated in fresh red chilli, garlic, lemon juice & soy sauce done in the George Foreman. I did Rik a jacket spud and salad and I did me a salad mix of little bits of the following: rocket, watercress, baby spinach, red/white cabbage, celery, red/orange pepper, raw mushroom & radish. Accidently over-did it with the balsamic, it came out of my new vinagerette bottle too quickly - ugh! A good teaspoon of cottage cheese with some wholegrain mustard and a small amount of from frais on my chicken. I didn't enjoy the chicken as much as the fish so decided to stick to the fish for the time being.

I felt like my salad was a tad too big (not too big, due to the mix of ingredients, just too many leaves) tonight as well as ruined somewhat with the balsamic but only really noticed that as I got to the bottom and stopped eating it.

Followed my meal with some sugar free lemon & lime jelly and some fat free yeo valley yoghurt. Enjoyed it very much so had a little more.

Drank plenty of soda with st clements today too.

I am going to pop to the supermarket shortly to get some fresh fish as I am going to experiement with baking my own again now that I know I like it rather than having the hot smoked varieties.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Kat xx

Last edited:
sounds lovely kat
and sounds like your enjoying RTM :) cant fault jelly its the one thing i look forward to at the end of the day :)

Back