Step 1 Sole Source Kate's Daily Diary

Tee hee hee...am sure you don't look like a weeble! It takes a bit of getting used to though...I keep catching a glance of myself and not recognising me. :)

Xx

10 weeks in...51lbs down...35 to go!

Just off to bed. Back to three products today...only 8 days to go on step 1!! :) x

10 weeks in...51lbs down...35 to go!

Essay done and submitted. Back in the old days that would have meant at least a packet of biscuits and a huge bar of dairy milk...but I can write and read without it...who knew?! ;) x only 18 more packs before my planned day off and then step 2. Defo ready for it and excited! :)

11 weeks in...53lbs down...33 to go!

Need to stop my daily weigh in really...but I like it when I randomly lose 2lbs overnight. :) if I can lose another two I'll be such a happy bunny! X

My god!!! Just looked back through my measurements...my HIPS are currently 3 inches smaller than my WAIST was 11 weeks ago!! This diet helps you do amazing things! :) :) :) xx

My god!!! Just looked back through my measurements...my HIPS are currently 3 inches smaller than my WAIST was 11 weeks ago!! This diet helps you do amazing things! :) :) :) xx

That's amazing! I think that's the most motivating thing about this, 11weeks and your hard work is so paying off! Keep going! Xx

So...last weekend on step one and have almost survived it! Friday was difficult as went down to London on the train after work..old habits meant a glass of white wine and a doughnut would be usual. Almost caved, especially when the bloke opposite cracked open a bottle of red, but managed not to. Thank god for my saviour sparkling water!

Then in London we were staying in a holiday inn with breakfast...mine consisted of peppermint tea whilst the kids and d tucked into full English and pastries!! My son won a silver medal at the dance finals, so he was happy. We then had to leave as had a family wedding the finals clashed with. Family had icecream and picnic on train back (me: water and a mango shake!)

Got to the wedding for 8pm. Had a great time and avoided the Italian themed food (ie lasagne, pizza, pasta...although what appealed was the salad!!) I had a frozen tetra and a bar and loads of water. :) so proud of myself and the compliments from the family were worth it. Although the amazement on their faces when they first saw me makes me wonder what I really looked like before, as I'm far from thin now!!

Just got to conquer the challenge of making and icing cupcakes and a party tea for my soon to be four year old, as my dad and his girlfriend are coming for tea and to bring presents.

Hmmm...will need nerves of steel but with three days to go til the end of twelve weeks and my day off...I can do it! :)

K xxx

Kate, you are incredible! Amazing willpower and dedication - really inspiring (and as you know I'm in need of inspiration this weekend) :)

Be very proud reaching that 12 week milestone this week. Such an achievement and look how far you've come. Brilliant :) :) :) xx

Thanks cupcake. I have to be honest and say I may have had a finger lick of cake mix and one of icing (strictly for quality control purposes!) but at least I resisted the finished products. :) two more days til day off then step 2. :)

K xxx

Cannot believe tomorrow is my last day on ss...so excited for weigh in. :) x

Woo hoo...picture changed. 12.1...first time I've ever been shocked by how slim I look in a photo! Was taken on sat at a wedding :) x

Woo hoo...picture changed. 12.1...first time I've ever been shocked by how slim I look in a photo! Was taken on sat at a wedding :) x

You look stunning! A real testament to your hard work and success :) well done Kate :)

Enjoy your last SS day too xx

Only one product to go! Got hungry this afternoon for some reason so have already had a soup and a bar. Have planned my 'day off' tomorrow and I can't wait.

Excitingly went to my weigh in today and have hit 4 stone exactly in 12 weeks. I have also lost 36 inches!

The inches are spread out as follows: 2.5 off my arm, 4.5 off my thigh, 8.5 off my bust, 7.5 off my hips and 13 off my waist. Wow!!!

My plan now is to enjoy Molly's birthday tomorrow (and even have cake and a tiny glass of wine). It will be a complete day off. I'm not going to go mad, but will have tiny portions of the things I really fancy...get it out of my system so to speak!

Then step 2 starts on Thursday. I cannot wait to be able to eat salad!! Can't believe I'm about to say this but I have so missed lettuce. ???!!!!???!!

12 weeks in...56lbs down...29lbs to go!

Going wonderfully thanks. Am stuffed, however! My very small glass of champers is very yummy tho. :) Been fun and no guilt, as planned. Even looking forward to getting back and starting step 2 tomorrow. X

12 weeks in...57lbs down...28lbs to go!

So yesterday I ate all kinds of crap. And I felt no guilt as it was planned and I don't have weigh in for two weeks (not planned...but fortuitous!) ;) I religiously put it all into myfitness pal app and it kindly told me if I did the same over 5 weeks my weight would increase by 1lb. I'm not going to get on the scales but by the way I feel this morning I beg to differ!! However, was good fun and it was nice to eat with the kids for once...although they weren't bothered! The best part of the day were the cuddles I got from the kids and d. Sounds bizarre but now I'm smaller we can cuddle better and they don't struggle to get my arms around me.

So new start today. Step 2. Am off to the gym in a mo to try and help reduce the adverse effects of yesterday. I know the next few days/week aren't going to be pleasant what with my food hangover/getting back into ketosis but I'm expecting it and if anything am more determined than before. :)
I am in control of what I eat and drink and therefore my shape and weight for the first time ever and it feels amazing. Social events don't and won't derail me and I don't need food and drink to feel good...it keeps me healthy and alive...that's it's purpose.

Bring on the next twelve weeks!

12 weeks in...57lbs down...28lbs to go!

So day one on step 2 today. Tuna salad for lunch with a chick/mush soup, strawberry frozen tetra for tea, will have a choc chewy bar with a cup of tea once the kids are in bed. Just realised I haven't had my milk allowance! Arrrrggghhh..feels like so much to eat!

Doesn't help am bloated and constipated (sorry tmi!) from all the carbs and crap I ate yesterday. Was fun but am so uncomfortable today. Definitely put me off having a 'day off'! Although it was welcome and refreshing. 12 more weeks takes me to my own birthday and hopefully target... Eeek!

Found some old trousers today in a14 that are almost too big! I loved them too so need to wear them before I shrink out of them entirely :)

K x

12 weeks on SS...57lbs down...28lbs to go! Just started Step 2...

Feeling much better today and eating what feels like Sooo much food on step 2! Had a BBQ tonight...well...weighed plain chicken breast cooked on the BBQ with courgettes and asparagus. Yum! Also discovered the delight that is yoghurt mixed with choc orange shake. :) off to bath tomorrow on my own for a uni residential school. Will so miss the family but they'll be fine without me. X

12 weeks on SS...57lbs down...28lbs to go! Just started Step 2...

Back