Kath's Diary

Wow, what a loss, and what a great thing to do by going straight back on, being slim is great, and you will be a size 12 by May, 7st, wow, thats ace x

Wow, what a loss, and what a great thing to do by going straight back on, being slim is great, and you will be a size 12 by May, 7st, wow, thats ace x

Thank you very much - gosh I can't even imagine being a size 12 - it'll be just so amazing. I'm so much happier with myself now I'm slimmer :)

Hey Kath,

after following the link from your b4/after photos then to your diary (which was thoroughly read from start to finish), I just wanted to send an EXTRA bouquet of congrats to you -- 7 stone down and you managed to fight your chatterbox-->>what does it say to you now that you almost at goal???

wondering if mine will ever be silenced or how to just put it :p on vibrate mode...

Hey Kath,

after following the link from your b4/after photos then to your diary (which was thoroughly read from start to finish), I just wanted to send an EXTRA bouquet of congrats to you -- 7 stone down and you managed to fight your chatterbox-->>what does it say to you now that you almost at goal???

wondering if mine will ever be silenced or how to just put it :p on vibrate mode...

Thank you Nina :) Well at the moment I have my chatterbox under control and it's keeping pretty quiet - I'm hoping the bad patch when it was shouting at me is over!

I am so close there is no way I'm going to give in to that chatterbox now, I'm ready for the fight :D

Argh! Why do I want to stuff my face!!! I'm not going to but I've had to really fight it all day. I've got one pack left to have today and I normally have a bar made into cookies. At the moment I'm fighting the urge to rip the packet open and shove it into my mouth in one go!! It's a serious binge alert :sigh:

I'm drinking water to help quell it but it's not working really. I'm bad tempered and irritable today
:needhug:

Well I'm feeling sorry for myself, how pathetic :eek:

I'm off to get my bar and cup of de caf and then I'd better go to bed.

Hopefully I'll wake up feeling more myself tomorrow.

Well I'm feeling sorry for myself, how pathetic :eek:

I'm off to get my bar and cup of de caf and then I'd better go to bed.

Hopefully I'll wake up feeling more myself tomorrow.

Well I made it, I ate my bar very slowly - I usually make it into cookies but I didn't fancy that last night. I took my time and didn't binge on it, if it is possible to binge on a bar :confused:

Then I went to bed. Woke up hungry but very relieved I didn't give in to the urge, which deep down I knew I wouldn't.

What scares me about this is that I KNOW I have control over this whilst I'm in sole source, but I also know it will be much much much harder when I'm eating. I think that is going to be a very difficult time for me. I guess I shouldn't really be worrying about that until I get to the stage of management but it's playing on my mind a bit. Maybe because I'm so much closer to goal...

I don't ever want to go back to hiding food and eating it in secret because I know that is wrong and unhealthy.

I'm having a tough few days, I'm thinking it must be because I had a low weight loss this week, I know a kilo is actually quite a lot but I really wanted to be losing 4lb a week to get to goal in time for my birthday. That's not going to happen now so maybe that is what is irritating me...

I want my life back!

My chatterbox is telling me to go into management so I can eat :eek: I'm telling it to shut up! If I go into management now, I know that my weight loss will slow down and then I'll be thinking to myself 'well if you stuck with SS'ing you'd have lost that weight by now' - I know 100% that's what I'll be thinking. So I have to keep telling myself just a few more weeks, just a few more weeks. I can do it. I WILL do it.

I seem to have this pattern of every couple of weeks having a rough few days then I'm fine and focused again.

Hey ho it'll be fine :)

Hey hun

Firstly congrats on the 7stone loss - thats incredible, well done u!!

Personally, I think u should kick that chatter box into touch and continue to ss to goal - from one who knows, as soon as u start eating again the old demons are ready to trip u onto self-destruct mode, and make u binge. Whereas if u do it to goal, u'll be soo happy and have soo much strength u'll be able to kick those demons out for good!!!

Hope this is of some use honey!

Much love, chelle xx

Hey hun

Firstly congrats on the 7stone loss - thats incredible, well done u!!

Personally, I think u should kick that chatter box into touch and continue to ss to goal - from one who knows, as soon as u start eating again the old demons are ready to trip u onto self-destruct mode, and make u binge. Whereas if u do it to goal, u'll be soo happy and have soo much strength u'll be able to kick those demons out for good!!!

Hope this is of some use honey!

Much love, chelle xx

Oh I know eactly what you mean, I have no intention of giving in to my chatterbox ;), just airing my thoughts so I can look back on it and see my weak points :)

Kxx

hey kath - just saw ur post from 2 days ago...hadnt been here 4 awhile -- wish i could have helped -- but you made it thru!:D

btw, went to the library (walking!!!) and got Dr. Phil's book The Ultimate Weight Solution -- yes hes very big on behavioral therapy...I will keep you posted on the outcome, but so far its seems really good at addressing the internal voicewe have that encourages self destruction -- I will not let my food monster get the better of me!!!!!!!!!!!:p

weigh in tomorrow....;)

hey kath - just saw ur post from 2 days ago...hadnt been here 4 awhile -- wish i could have helped -- but you made it thru!:D

btw, went to the library (walking!!!) and got Dr. Phil's book The Ultimate Weight Solution -- yes hes very big on behavioral therapy...I will keep you posted on the outcome, but so far its seems really good at addressing the internal voicewe have that encourages self destruction -- I will not let my food monster get the better of me!!!!!!!!!!!:p

weigh in tomorrow....;)

Hello :D Yes I made it through thanks :)

Ooh well done on the walk to the library, that book sounds good - let me know how it goes. Have you got a weigh in and diary thread?

Kxxx

hey kath...getting on here again late...but the weigh in went fine...just enough to get me rolling into a new week...

Dr. Phil's book is great...and its well worth the read!!

No diary yet -- how do I start one?

hey kath...getting on here again late...but the weigh in went fine...just enough to get me rolling into a new week...

Dr. Phil's book is great...and its well worth the read!!

No diary yet -- how do I start one?

How much did you lose Nina?

Ooh I might have to order that book.

To start a diary, just click new thread in the weight loss diary section :)

The 12 Types of Emotional Eating by Roger Gould, MD

thanks Kath 4 the tip...will start my diary thread tonight...lost 4 lbs...whew hoo!

I borrowed Dr. Phil's book from the library and even have been doing some of his exercises in a word doc so i can look at it down the line...(i am kindof a nerd, :p hehehe)

i am attaching a doc i found floating on the web : 12 reasons for emotional eating...not sure if i can even attach something here -- i will try, if it doesnt work then i will cut and paste...

Type 1. Dulling The Pain With The Food Trance.
If you get really hungry when you feel angry, depressed, anxious, bored, or lonely, you suffer from Type 1 emotional hunger, and you use food to dull the pain that these emotions cause.

Type 2. Sticks And Stones May Break Your Bones, But Cake Won't Heal What Hurts You.
If you react by getting hungry when others talk down to you, take advantage of you, belittle you or take you for granted, then you suffer from Type 2 emotional hunger. You eat to avoid confrontation.

Type 3. A Full Heart Fills An Empty Belly.

If you crave food when you have tension in your close relationships, you suffer from Type 3 emotional hunger. You eat to avoid feeling the pain of rejection or anger.

Type 4. Hate Yourself, Love Your Munchies.
If you tend to become hypercritical of yourself, if you label yourself "stupid, "lazy," or "a loser," you have Type 4 emotional hunger. You eat to "stuff down" self-hatred.

Type 5. Secret Desires Have No Calories.
If your hunger gets activated because your intimate relationships don't satisfy some basic need like trust or security, you suffer from Type 5 emotional hunger and you use food to try to fill the gap.

Type 6. Forty Million Big Gulps And The Well Is Still Empty.
If you eat to make up for the deprivation you experienced as a child, you have Type 6 Emotional Eating.

Type 7. It's My Pastry, and I'll Eat If I Want To.
If you eat to assert your independence because you don't want anyone telling you what to do, you have Type 7 emotional hunger.

Type 8. I Can't Come To Work Today--I'm Eating
If your appetite kicks in when you're faced with new challenges--if you use food to avoid rising to the test, or to insulate yourself from the fear of failure--you have Type 8 emotional hunger.

Type 9. Aroused by Aromas, Not by the Chef.
If you stuff your face in order to avoid your sexuality-either to stay overweight so that nobody desires you or to hide from intimate encounters--you suffer from Type 9 Emotional Eating.

Type 10. I'll Beat You With this Eclair.
Emotional eaters often eat to pay back those who have hurt them, often in the distant past. They use their bodies as battlegrounds for working out old resentments.

Type 11. Peter Pan and the Peanut Butter Cookie.
If you eat to make yourself feel carefree, like a child, you have Type 11 emotional hunger. You eat to keep yourself from facing the challenges of growing up.

Type 12. That Stranger In Lycra Wearing Your Face.
If you overeat because you fear getting thin, either consciously or unconsciously, you have Type 12 emotional hunger.

Hi Nina! Sorry I didn't see that post, well done on your 4lb loss!!! Fantastic :)

Thanks for posting that eating stuff for me I have read to point 4 so far and have all of those I think :D

I posted this in Aj's thread today and wanted to put it in here too:

I tell you how it feels knowing I have another 2 stone to go? CRAP! I feel good, everyone tells me how great I look and don't need to lose any more blah blah blah. Size 16 was my original aim and I'm at it. Tried on a pair of 14s today and could do them up, they're too tight to wear really, well I could wear them but not with a tight top as I'd look like a muffin :D

Now I'm all over the place, don't know what to do, don't want to do this any more :cry: it's my last few months in the country, some of my friends I may never see again. I miss sharing a glass of wine with them, I miss having a meal with my family. This is the last mother's day I'll spend in the UK, next month is my birthday, 2 of my best friends birthdays, my wedding Anniversary, my easter weekend away and then the beginning of May brings a long weekend in Dublin with friends and then (fingers crossed we get a ticket) Glastonbury festival in June. I want to do mangement when I'm at goal (what is this BMI fixation I seem to have :confused: ) but I want to do it properly. Realistically I know I'm not going to have 12 weeks where I can dedicate 100% that I'll follow the program.....I know I could rather, I don't want to. If we were not buggering off to Australia this year then I know I would do it because I'd think well there's next year's birthday with my friends etc etc...but there isn't - we'll never all be together again at the same time....:sigh:

I don't want to stuff my face. I want to eat nice food, be normal and not ever be fat again. I want to be able to say, hey it's mother's day, let's go out for a meal. I want to think, yes I can go out and have some wine with my friends as I've been careful with my eating all week so I have some extra calories for the weekend...you know like a normal slim person would....

and then to add to that....my husband has just cooked me a piece of salmon and served it with some raw spinach. I ate about half the fillet and a couple of sprigs of spinach.

:break_diet: :cry:

My worry....if I don't go into management to start getting some control and actually eating something then....what?...Am I going to throw the towel in and stuff my face? I don't know...this has to be the worst part of my journey so far. Would I start a VLCD if I had this much weight to lose? No, I would do it slowly with WW or some other such diet, like the GI I like that - it just doesn't feel so urgent when there's not so much left...

Ridiculous I know. My husband says 'you're so close now, just keep going and then have a break whilst we're away and get back on to it'. He says he can't understand why I'm struggling now when I've got a lot less to lose. To be honest....nor can I :confused:

Oh, just found out he's booked for us to go away for our anniversary weekend too - which is fantastic of course, but my mind is saying, oh no another weekend where you're going to feel sorry for yourself not eating!

Ho hum :sigh:

Hey hun

I totally respect and understand what u're feeling.
Maybe getting it all out in the open and writing it down will have helped somewhat, but only u can decide on the best course of action as only u kno how u're feeling. U've done incredibly well, but I also understand it's not helpful when ppl compare and say how 'little u have left to lose.' I can't offer any perils of wisdom, the only thing I can say hun is to make an informed decision and above all be soo proud of urself for the success u've had soo far.

I hope u're ok

Much love. chelle xx

Hey hun

I totally respect and understand what u're feeling.
Maybe getting it all out in the open and writing it down will have helped somewhat, but only u can decide on the best course of action as only u kno how u're feeling. U've done incredibly well, but I also understand it's not helpful when ppl compare and say how 'little u have left to lose.' I can't offer any perils of wisdom, the only thing I can say hun is to make an informed decision and above all be soo proud of urself for the success u've had soo far.

I hope u're ok

Much love. chelle xx

Chelle thank you for the reply lovely lady :) I do appreciate it.

I'm feeling very bruised from the battle at the moment

Kxx

Back