Kath's Diary

Thanks Mini :) I'll have a chat with him tonight and see what he says. Like I say he has had a similar thing some time ago and it went away of it's own accord after a few days. My friend's husband had exactly the same symptoms a year ago and he went to hospital - they checked him out and it turned out it was just a muscle strain. It's very likely hubby has the same as he's in the building trade and does a lot of graft so does pull muscles from time to time, seems worse in this cold weather. I will insiste he visit the doctor if it returns. I will interrogate him tonight though and find what sort of pain it was yesterday.

Thanks for the info mini it's really useful and thanks for the concern :)

Kath xx

Hi Kath,

Hopefully it is nothing but I would feel much happier if you ran it by a doctor.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Kath,

Hopefully it is nothing but I would feel much happier if you ran it by a doctor.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini, I've just phoned him and given him some severe earache. He said he thinks it's just hunger pains, and I told him you don't get them in your chest! Anyway, he said it's gone and he hasn't had it today at all. If it does come back he WILL go to the doctors and I WILL book him in. I read out all of the first section of symptoms from the serious conditions posted and he has none of those so that is a good thing. I will nag him some more tonight ;)

I just HAD to post this :D

Before I went to the gym this morning I had to pop to Next to get hubby a smaller size of jeans. Anyway, whilst I was there I decided to have a look at the womens clothes - I sooo can't wait until I can shop in normal clothes shops! Anyway, I noticed there was a pair of jeans in a size 20 and I thought hmmmm I'm going to try them on I know they won't fit but I want to see how far away I am (started this diet at a size 26). So I couldn't find a long leg so went with the regular popped into the changing room expecting them to get stuck at my knees :D

But I got them on!!!!!! Woohoo!! Ok, so they were tight, they were too short and they didn't look particularly good :D But I got them on and did them up!!

Woohooo!!!! That really booosted me, I might try on my size 22 jeans I've got upstairs later and see if I'm any closer to fitting into them niceley :)

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay you see ''a size 18 for christmas'' ''a size 18 for christmas''' yeah yeah yeah ;) ~~~~ I know you love my singing :eek:

Fantastic hunni its the gym and of course all your hard work at abstinance ;)

XXC

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay you see ''a size 18 for christmas'' ''a size 18 for christmas''' yeah yeah yeah ;) ~~~~ I know you love my singing :eek:

Fantastic hunni its the gym and of course all your hard work at abstinance ;)

XXC

Lol, what a lovely singing voice you have :D

I still can't imagine being a size 18 for Christmas, cannot picture it at all! Hubby said to me the other day, at this rate you'll be a 16 at Christmas DON'T BE SO RIDICULOUS I shouted at him :D

Gosh a size 16, now that would be heavenly! I can't wait - I can go to any shop I fancy and buy normal clothes YIPPPEEEEEEEEEE

It made me work extra hard at the gym this morning anyway :D When I first used the cross trainer I could only do 3 or 4 minutes, I'm into my second week and today I got it up to 10 minutes - wahey!

Kxxxxxxx

Fantastic Kath,10 minutes :eek: you fit person you I struggled to do 5 legs were :eek: ..........:eek: lol

Yes I was a 18-20 7 weeks ago and now 14-16 (big bossoms lol) it feels great.Your easily do the 18 and I bet the 16 will follow before you can blink well done you
XXC

The both of you are sooo brave in going to the gym :eek:

Great going though :D:D

Fantastic Kath,10 minutes :eek: you fit person you I struggled to do 5 legs were :eek: ..........:eek: lol

Yes I was a 18-20 7 weeks ago and now 14-16 (big bossoms lol) it feels great.Your easily do the 18 and I bet the 16 will follow before you can blink well done you
XXC

Lol, honestly last week I was crippled after 4 minutes, every day I build it up one minute so it's gradual - some people are on there for about 20 :eek:

Wow, you've really dropped some sizes haven't you! I can't wait, hope my drop happens soon. Just tried my size 22 jeans on, they fit but they are a bit tight, make my belly bulge over the top :eek:

The both of you are sooo brave in going to the gym :eek:

Great going though :D:D

Thanks, I've wanted to join for years but have never had the confidence :) In the end I thought sod it, I'm going to just join - bite the bullet. Sooo glad I did, best thing I've done! I don't feel at all uncomfortable there, there are all sorts of shapes and sizes and all differrent ages. My local gym does a gym on prescription service so there's lots of unfit people that get sent there from the doctor - so I don't feel at all out of place :D

Hi Kath,

You had a brill weight loss this week and it is great that you now fit into size 22 jeans!!!

It is so exciting come down the sizes...I remember how thrilling it was to get into a size 18 jeans....I felt so skinny and normal once again and it was like saying I was no longer confined to fat shops...that freedom feeling was magic.

I got so excited as well to see how I was doing in the gym and typical of me I over did it and then I stopped going:(

I am still playing around with the idea of going swimming again, sure do miss it.

Well done with all your successes .:)

Love Mini xxx

Hi Kath,

You had a brill weight loss this week and it is great that you now fit into size 22 jeans!!!

It is so exciting come down the sizes...I remember how thrilling it was to get into a size 18 jeans....I felt so skinny and normal once again and it was like saying I was no longer confined to fat shops...that freedom feeling was magic.

I got so excited as well to see how I was doing in the gym and typical of me I over did it and then I stopped going:(

I am still playing around with the idea of going swimming again, sure do miss it.

Well done with all your successes .:)

Love Mini xxx

Coming down in sizes is just the best! I can't wait to say goodbye to the fat shops forever :D

You know Mini, it's funny what you're saying about the gym because I was thinking to myself today that I will go on Saturday and Sunday too which would make it 7 days - after reading what you've said I think I'm going to just stick to Monday to Friday because I really don't want the novelty to wear off :)

Ooh you should go swimming if you miss it :) I'm not brave enough to go swimming yet but hopefully in the new year I'll FINALLY be able to take my monkey swimming with me :)

Kath xx

Blimey - don't come online for a few hours and miss all the fun!!!!!!!!
Wow! Well done on the jeans!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!
And to think just a few weeks ago u were a 26 - just shows how great this plan actually works!

Soo glad hubby is ok!

Well done!! Big hugs!

Much love, chelle xx

Lol, ooh thanks Chelle :D

Kath xxx

Our night out

Well I've been stewing over our night out so have not posted on it yet. I'm ready to now though :D

Ok, so it started well, we met up with friends in the pub, we were later than planned ;) so only had an hour or so in there. I had a couple of black coffees that someone bought me - I was up on the roof! Only normally have one normal and one decaf a day so two strong ones were a bit much :D I had a bottle of water too to negate the coffee :rolleyes:

Anyway, in the pub hubby had 3 pints - same as everyone else. Before that he had 2 cans at his mates house as we went to pick them up.

Got to the gig and he bought another 3 bottles of beer, same as everyone else. At this point I said, ok that's enough calm down. He absolutely hates being told what to do, he's classic rebellious child.

I was really really enjoying the gig, they put on such a good show. I was thinking to myself, wow can't believe how much I'm enjoying this sober! Usually we go out early with everyone, we all drink an absolute skinfull, too many to count, and then stagger home - have a great night. Thing is, I was sober and still having a great night :confused: What a revelation!

Things turned though, hubby asked someone to get him two more bottles of beer as they were going back to the bar - woah! I said hang on you don't need any more! That's 10 drinks for goodness sake! I said if you buy any more I'm going home. So that was it, I stood there seething, he said I was being ridiculous. I had to get away I was so mad and worried about him that I felt sick(maybe it was the coffee :confused: ) - I went to the toilet then stood at the back of the gig feeling very angry/confused/strange.

Hubby came and found me after a bit and threw his beer in the bin and had a bit of a rant, saying I was ruining HIS gig and ruining it for everyone stomping off in a mood just because I was sober! :mad: I kept on saying to him, would you not be worried the other way around? He said I'm only having the same as everyone else I'd have had more than this normally, loads more (which of course I know is right) - but that's not the point! Everyone else hasn't just lost 3 stone in 5 weeks! Everyone else wasn't having chest pains two days ago! Everyone else hasn't been on a VLCD!!!! Yeah but I'm fine, I'm not a kid he said. I'm quite capable of knowing when I've had enough. :( I don't know, was I overreacting? I don't think so? Ok, so he's 6ft 2 - he's a fairly fit bloke, he can and always has been able to 'hold his beer' - but this was a different situation wasn't it?!?

He took me back into the gig for the last couple of songs and I felt a bit silly - no-one else I know could understand the way I was being and I don't doubt they thought I was having a jealous strop because I was sober. Thing is, I didn't even want a drink - I couldn't even stand the smell of it.

So it was a bit of a funny old night - we've got another gig this Saturday coming so goodness knows how that's going to go - it's one of my favourite bands so I'm really really looking forward to it but then no doubt the drink thing will come back again. So what do I do, do I just keep schtum and let him get on with it, or do I play my face again :confused: I spoke to his mom about it the next day (we get on really well) and she said she agreed with me, she thought he was being very selfish and there was no need for him to drink that much.

Oh and another thing! Seems as I'm driving I'm expected to take everyone home :confused: I can't 'fit' everyone in the car - there are 6 of us and can only take 5 and yet everyone seems to 'expect' a lift. Next week we're at a gig a bit farther away and normally we'd have a 7 seater taxi take us and pick us up - well there's no point now as I might as well drive but I can't fit EVERYONE in the car! So hubby has said we'll just have to get a taxi and split it instead :rolleyes: What a faff!!!

Anyway, hubby hasn't gone straight back onto SS - not because he hasn't wanted to but because I haven't ordered him any shakes - I ordered soups only :eek: and you don't really fancy soup when you wake up do you! I've been trying to get him some shakes but the prices seem to be rocketing at the moment so he'll just have to hang on. He's been having some cereals for breakfast, then meat and salad for lunch and meat and salad/vegetables for dinner then maybe a soup a bit later but he's very very keen to get back onto SS. He said eating is soooooooo overated :D

I must admit it's been tough for me this weekend with him eating - thing is I KNOW I'm not going to eat anything, so when I say mmmmm I want something to eat, I don't need him to say YOU'RE NOT HAVING ANYTHING! I know I'm not having anything, doesn't stop me wanting it though.:mad:

Hubby didn't want to do his midweek weigh in on Saturday as he said no doubt he would've put weight on. He succcumbed yesterday though and he'd actually lost a pound :eek: He's going to weigh himself Wednesday morning as that will be his full week weigh in - he is expecting to have gained but to be honest I doubt it.

I've been so pleased for him with this weight loss, his jeans have been falling off him so I went and got him some smaller ones, 36inch waist with a slim leg (jammy bugger) and when I gave them him he said no way are they going to fit - well they did, very comfortably too! He was beaming like a cheshire cat :D

So in conclusion I have noticed a big difference between doing just 'the diet' and doing the full lighter life with the 2 hours counselling (I do hate that word! I feel like a fruitcake) - my mindset seems to have changed, the sight of excess disgusts me somewhat. Yesterday hubby had some lunch - a whole bag of salad and a whole pack of meat. I said woah that's a huge plateful 'yeah but it's only 200 calories' - but that's not the point I said, you're not learning anything, it doesn't matter that it's not loads of calories you really don't 'need' to eat the whole pack! Likewise with the beer, he should've stopped at 6 at the most, surely by then he felt like he'd had a drink and that should be enough. It's learning when enough is enough isn't it?

I sooo love this diet :)

Hope everyone else is well.

Kath xxx

p.s. monkey is poorly today with a cough, so off school, so no gym for me. Hoping I have the inclination to go when hubby gets back from work - it's so much harder to get motivated then though!

Hi Hun,

I TOTALLY understand where u're coming from with the drinking thing! Men never seem to think that a couple of beers are enough! I went to a Birthday party recently with Hubby, and he'd been working lots throughout the week and had hardly eaten anything - and he'd not drunk for some months. Before we went out, I pointed these things out and said it would be wise not to drink too much. Obviously, he thought it was just cos I was ssing and wanted to drink, but I've never been a big drinker anyway!!! Well, to cut a VERY long story short he ended up drinking over half a bottle of vodka - the huge bottles. He was fine up until we got home, then all of a sudden he was vioently ill - he was being sick and at one point choking on it. I almost called an ambulance as he looked soo ill & was shiverring uncontrollably. The next day, I didn't say anything and he couldn't apologise enough - he's says he can't understand why he couldn't have had a couple of drinks and enjoyed them rather then just drink for the sake of getting drunk!

I do think u're in the right, and especially after he's been having chest pains - to drink that much with the excuse of 'everyone else is having the same' and 'i used to drink more before' is just crazy!! Icemoose once said "do the journey not just the diet" - and I've recently worked this out and it's true!!! I understand also about overindulgence - it makes me feel ill just seeing huge amounts of food being "stuffed in" just for the sake of it - unfortunately, tho, I used to do this ALOT. My mum once said "we dispise things in others that we see within ourselves" and it's true - I wouldn't go as far as dispise, but I can certainly relate to recognising my habits in other people and it makes me feel sad and see how weak I was.

Men lose weight much quicker than us women (grrr) so maybe he would be better suited to a more conventional plan - such as Atkins? Personally, I really don't think mixing alcohol and breaking and coming back to ssing is a wise healthy choice - for me, it would trick me into beleiving that I can still eat crap and "get away with it." Just a thought!

Hope Monkey gets better soon - big hugs and kisses!

Take care hun, much love, chelle xx

Hi Hun,

I TOTALLY understand where u're coming from with the drinking thing! Men never seem to think that a couple of beers are enough! I went to a Birthday party recently with Hubby, and he'd been working lots throughout the week and had hardly eaten anything - and he'd not drunk for some months. Before we went out, I pointed these things out and said it would be wise not to drink too much. Obviously, he thought it was just cos I was ssing and wanted to drink, but I've never been a big drinker anyway!!! Well, to cut a VERY long story short he ended up drinking over half a bottle of vodka - the huge bottles. He was fine up until we got home, then all of a sudden he was vioently ill - he was being sick and at one point choking on it. I almost called an ambulance as he looked soo ill & was shiverring uncontrollably. The next day, I didn't say anything and he couldn't apologise enough - he's says he can't understand why he couldn't have had a couple of drinks and enjoyed them rather then just drink for the sake of getting drunk!

I do think u're in the right, and especially after he's been having chest pains - to drink that much with the excuse of 'everyone else is having the same' and 'i used to drink more before' is just crazy!! Icemoose once said "do the journey not just the diet" - and I've recently worked this out and it's true!!! I understand also about overindulgence - it makes me feel ill just seeing huge amounts of food being "stuffed in" just for the sake of it - unfortunately, tho, I used to do this ALOT. My mum once said "we dispise things in others that we see within ourselves" and it's true - I wouldn't go as far as dispise, but I can certainly relate to recognising my habits in other people and it makes me feel sad and see how weak I was.

Men lose weight much quicker than us women (grrr) so maybe he would be better suited to a more conventional plan - such as Atkins? Personally, I really don't think mixing alcohol and breaking and coming back to ssing is a wise healthy choice - for me, it would trick me into beleiving that I can still eat crap and "get away with it." Just a thought!

Hope Monkey gets better soon - big hugs and kisses!

Take care hun, much love, chelle xx

OMG! You must've been beside yourself when your hubby was ill like that :eek:

You know this quote you said: My mum once said "we dispise things in others that we see within ourselves" - that is sooo true for me. I am a classic binge eater, shoving everything I can in my mouth and supersonic speed! Normally I would have gone out that night, had a load to drink, had chips on way home and then chocolate when I got in. The next day would be followed with copious rounds of buttered toast and then continued all night with 'hangover food'. I know every diet on earth lol, but have never before managed to actually look properly at my 'eating to excess'. Seeing hubby doing it is making me quite disgusted, but probably the disgust is with myself because I can see the 'old me' and it is quite sad isn't it :)

That Icemoose is a wise man, do the journey not just the diet, that is sooo true.

You know I think hubby would be far better off just doing a normal diet now. He's only a stone overweight and a stone for a physically active 6ft 2 bloke shouldn't be that difficult to lose just by cutting down and eating healthily. We have a fair few more gigs coming up that we are going to and also it's his birthday in December, then it's Christmas and I know he's not going to cut out the beer for those occassions. I would feel better if he just ate healthily and sensibly rather than ss'ing.

Thanks for the hugs and kisses for monkey, I've passed them on :D

Kath xxxxx

OMG! You must've been beside yourself when your hubby was ill like that :eek:

I am a classic binge eater, shoving everything I can in my mouth and supersonic speed! Normally I would have gone out that night, had a load to drink, had chips on way home and then chocolate when I got in. The next day would be followed with copious rounds of buttered toast and then continued all night with 'hangover food'. I know every diet on earth lol, but have never before managed to actually look properly at my 'eating to excess'. Seeing hubby doing it is making me quite disgusted, but probably the disgust is with myself because I can see the 'old me' and it is quite sad isn't it :)

Hi Hun,
Yeh, it wasn't a pleasant sight - but one never to be repeated again I can tell u that for sure!!!! Next time, I'll just accidently-on-purpose drop the bottle LOL!!! Thankfully he recovered a few days after!

Yup - 'supersonic speed'... I recognise that!!!!!!!!!! We used to go to family meals out at our local curry house and when I think back of how much I would shovel in - I wasn't tasting the food, I was half chewing and gulping it down but thinking of what I was going to eat next, whilst eyeing up the last whatever it was on the shared plate in the middle of the table so I can get it before anyone else :eek:
Saturday nights used to be "treat night" but it never occured to me that the several takeaways we'd had in the week should have been more than enuff!! I'd demolish a full family size bag of peanut M&Ms, a large egg custard tartlet and all this BEFORE yet another takeaway arrived. With the mindset of, I'll be good tomorrow!!!!! LOL!!! 'Piggy' springs to mind!!!!

This is certainly a positive thing recognising this, I never ever want to return to that again and need to learn it's ok to leave food on the plate or save it for later.

We're doing good.... we're definately doing the journey!!!!!

Much love, chelle xx

Hi Hun,
Yeh, it wasn't a pleasant sight - but one never to be repeated again I can tell u that for sure!!!! Next time, I'll just accidently-on-purpose drop the bottle LOL!!! Thankfully he recovered a few days after!

Yup - 'supersonic speed'... I recognise that!!!!!!!!!! We used to go to family meals out at our local curry house and when I think back of how much I would shovel in - I wasn't tasting the food, I was half chewing and gulping it down but thinking of what I was going to eat next, whilst eyeing up the last whatever it was on the shared plate in the middle of the table so I can get it before anyone else :eek:
Saturday nights used to be "treat night" but it never occured to me that the several takeaways we'd had in the week should have been more than enuff!! I'd demolish a full family size bag of peanut M&Ms, a large egg custard tartlet and all this BEFORE yet another takeaway arrived. With the mindset of, I'll be good tomorrow!!!!! LOL!!! 'Piggy' springs to mind!!!!

This is certainly a positive thing recognising this, I never ever want to return to that again and need to learn it's ok to leave food on the plate or save it for later.

We're doing good.... we're definately doing the journey!!!!!

Much love, chelle xx

Oh Chelle, you and I sound exactly the same where food is concerned lol, I so recognise the eyeing up the plate to get what's left before anyone else! One of my other things was always having the same (or more) as hubby on my plate - in fact when I used to dish it up I would always scoff a few spoons of mash in the kitchen so I had more :confused: What's all that about! Lol.

Like you I NEVER want to return to that - I want to stop eating when I'm no longer hungry, I want to leave food on my plate - I want to have small portions and not feel like I'm depriving myself! I will do that too :)

We are sooo on the journey aren't we :D :D

Love

Kath xxx

p.s. dropping the bottle next time is a good idea, or fill it with water :D

Hi Kath I havent been on here since friday,im sorry about the problems with Hubby,I dod think we are more semsitive without the aid of food as a crutch :eek: he was silly he should of just had 2 beers and water?
I hope you are all ok and monkeys better soon ((hugs for monkey)) well done you hun for sticking at LL
XXC

Back