Katie-x's Ketosis Journey....

Argh we've just had the dreaded snow - as if I'm not cold enough!!

Am freezing today (even though heating has been whacked up to 24 degrees), just can't seem to get any heat into my hands. Been quite good on the water front but am thinking I'll have a Marigold if only to wrap my hands around the mug.

As I'd mentioned I was due to go to my sons girlfriends 18th party tomorrow but I think it is to be cancelled as very sadly her grandad died last night, poor love is so upset.

Still plodding on TS wise, can't believe I'm only a couple if days off completing week 4, got to say that it's flown by!

And I've just realised that I want to be my dog! For breakfast I made him scrambled egg and chopped up sausage (extra special ones) and I've just semi dry fried him a kilogram of mince for his lunch today and the next couple of days - bet he wouldn't swap me for a mug of Marigold! :D

Oh the ice! Just took the dog for a walk and it doesn't help that he's a big breed and weighs 25kg when he's pulling you with very sloppy ground underfoot - think I hit a few moves that were in Ravel's bolero and a hell of a lot more that weren't! He loved it but it's alright for him as he's got 4 legs ;)

Feeling fine and positive today, I think I'm going to nip into town to pick up my new jeans so am looking forward to trying them on, hopefully not too long before they fit.

Party tonight is definitely cancelled so at least that means that I avoid temptation, the one next week should be fine as I'm driving, though the food there will be amazing as my friend is Indian so there'll be lots of that and it's one I my favourites, especially when it's home made - ahh well :rolleyes:

Hope per everyone has a good weekend!

Katie you are doing so well on resisting, Well done. Sorry to here about the sad news. As for the Indian food you will have to wear some vapo rub under your nose so that all those lovely aromas don't temp you. I love Indian food especially if its home made!!. Would have loved to see your new dance moves lol. Was it a score of 10/10. x

Been into town to pick up my jeans, they don't fit by about an inch on my belly, I didn't think they would but my size 20 from the same shop are too big - I must be a 19!

I was was very good though as I parked at the front of Asda (it's one of the big hypermarket ones) and walked around the back and across the retail park to Next and then walked back and all around Asda, rather than parking at Next then driving to Asda - it's not much but I'm proud of it, especially as it was freezing ;)

I've been surrounded by food today, cooked for the dog for his breakfast and dinner and my mum has come up for tea so I'm cooking for everyone and I'll pretend I'd rather have my spag Bol than what they're having :)

Susie I'll just be glad if it never ends up on YouTube! I'd say 5/10 at best!

Last edited:
Every step counts Katie. Be so nice once it warms up & we can walk outside in the sunshine showing of the inches we have lost x

Subscribing :D Will catch up later :)

Well everyone is fed and they all enjoyed it so that's good - the hardest part was not pinching any of the mozzarella when I was slicing it (I did chicken stuffed with mozzarella & pesto wrapped in Parma ham) so I cut a slice that would have been for me (who am I kidding that I'd only have had 1 slice!!) and gave it to the dog, he was very happy!

Took the dog for another small walk this evening so that's another few calories burned off, just checked my pedometer and I've broke my record and done 11,050 steps today, very happy with that.

Hubby had his weigh in today and he's lost 1lb this week, he and his workmates are all, (supposedly for some of them) on a healthy eating plan, hubby's lost 9lb so far in 3 weeks so he's doing really well, very proud of him :)

Not much planned for tomorrow apart from walking the dog and cleaning up, at least both of those will burn up the cals.

I think I need a dog !
1. To go walks with :D
2. To feed bit and pieces I want myself ;)

You're doing so well Katie. How does this dog get so much yummy food lol :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Lol that's exactly how it works Marge, my favourite way of eating eggs is scrambled and I cook them for him most mornings, it's almost as good as having them myself.

Well I'm on the last day of week 4 with tomorrow being weigh in day - am surprised over a couple of thing; that I'm still going and sticking with it, how quickly the four weeks have gone and how this time feels like the first time a did a vlcd (LL) back in 2007.

I've done one or other of vlcd many times since the first time but on each of those occasions I've never felt as though 'this is it' which I seem to feel most of the time while on this current roll, that doesn't mean however that that's the way I'll still be feeling in one week or two and I know I have to be prepared for those days. The first time I did a vlcd I went from the mid 19's to actually seeing a 12 on the scales for a day or so, at that point I caved in and immediately went up to the 13's and then over the years I just kept putting on weight.

I can remember feeling that I couldn't give it another go as I'd failed (!!!!!) - life would have been so much easier and better if I'd turned around and got back on the wagon and kept going.....that's hindsight for you :rolleyes:

Back to today, am having a quiet day, no plans at all apart from the odd walk of my exercise dog :D

Hi Katie, hold on to that feeling. Its so empowering isn't it. The only thing that beats it is seeing the weight come off.
Well done on your steps too. You get use to it after a while don't you. I look back now & think why did I resist going out for a walk everyday when my weight was going up but I think it was a confidence thing.
Here's to a good weigh in tomorrow, you deserve it x

Good luck for tomorrow katie. Do you have a figure in mind to get to a mini goal or are you just taking whatever you can get?

Hind sight is a wonderful thing, especially when you have tried a vlcd a good few times. I cant wait to chuck out my size 18 jeans, something I should have done the first time around, and have never been back in a position to do so again :eek:, yet ;)
Enjoy the chill and the walk today Katie :)

Craziness has hit the house, daughter & her hubby are here with my 3 grandchildren, we are now all watching Dora the Explorer and the older two aren't very happy with the one year old as he's crying and disturbing their viewing.

Miss M I've not got a mini goal for this week as my next goal is to lose 5lb and get to 15st 13lb so this week I'm just going to take any loss I can get with a big smile and hope to be in the 15's next week :D

My my daughter has just suggested we put £1 away for every lb we lose and we will go on a spa day at the end of the year, I'm made up with this as she never wants to do anything girly whereas I love all things spa'ish - looking forward to this now :)

Aw what a good plan. That way you can help each other celebrate & another good motivational tool x

Back