Katie-x's Ketosis Journey....

Awww, how supportive :)
Darcy is right though, you may not need it :)

Almost forgot - highlight of my day was when I again mentioned having a tummy tuck & boob lift at the end of this to hubby and he didn't automatically say no you won't need one (lol I wish). He doesn't want one as he doesn't want me to go through surgery but I mentioned that I'm going to email HR this week and find out whether you get paid sick leave if it's elective surgery or whether you need to use annual leave and hubby said that he'll save some annual leave to take off and look after me - big result as that's a complete turnaround! Happy days!

Aw its nice to know that you have his support just in case Katie. I have fleetingly thought about it cos I know I am going to have some loose bits (already got some on my upper thighs) My own fault for yo yo-ing over the last 25 years. Wonder how much it would cost??, What price on happiness eh !

I'm only thinking about it now Darcy in case I have to use annual leave as if so I'll need to limit what leave I take in the next financial year - I just need to check whether it comes under normal sick rules with it being elective. I'm really hoping that I can get away without surgery but after the horrors I've put my poor body through over the last 25 years I doubt it lol.

Last edited:
No idea what it costs Susie, dread to think!! I'll not look at that bit yet lol - though I did work out that it's got to be cheaper if you have tum and boobs done at the same time as you're only paying for one stay in hospital, one anaesthetic etc .....not sure whether they'd do that though :confused:

No idea what it costs Susie, dread to think!! I'll not look at that bit yet lol - though I did work out that it's got to be cheaper if you have tum and boobs done at the same time as you're only paying for one stay in hospital, one anaesthetic etc .....not sure whether they'd do that though :confused:

Depends on the surgeon I would think

....also expect you would get a discount for a 'job lot' :D

Loving your forward planning! :)

I think that's part of the reason that I don't want to get into my "healthy bmi" range.
I don't want to have to go through surgery :eek:
If I can get to about 13st, then I reckon I wont have skin that I will be able to wrap around myself :)

Glad ur hubby is on board whatever u decide.

There was a mum at my last school who had a tummy tuck. Her scar was neat and she looks great. She lost all her weight through VCLD. The scar is within her knicker line. She rated it and was glad she did it. But not everyone is so lucky.

I'd consider surgery depending on the end result. Definitely a boob reduction. They leave dents in my shoulders where my bra straps are!

Anyway, hope u have a nice day chick :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3...

Up and at them bright and early this morning, took the dog for his 3k walk and now got to get ready for work, hopefully he'll have a good sleep while I'm out as hubby is in bed as he was on nights last night.

I'm in training all day today but thankfully it's in one of the local offices so it's a 5 minute drive away.

Hope everyone has a good focussed day :)

Edited end as just realised I'm in the 3's today - day 30 :D

Up and at them bright and early this morning, took the dog for his 3k walk and now got to get ready for work, hopefully he'll have a good sleep while I'm out as hubby is in bed as he was on nights last night. I'm in training all day today but thankfully it's in one of the local offices so it's a 5 minute drive away. Hope everyone has a good focussed day :) Edited end as just realised I'm in the 3's today - day 30 :D

Well done on getting in the thirties katie xx

Well done on your weight loss hun and welcome to the 30's :) have a good day xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks ladies, feels so good to be in the 30's and not feeling the need to give in lol. The total length of my 'journey' before going on holiday is 24 weeks, it would be amazing to do the whole lot with no breaks and blips but I'm not promising myself anything, but in reality I've done 4 weeks now so I only have to do that another 5 times - doesn't sound too bad if you say it quickly!

Was in training all day with loads of biscuits on the table, didn't feel tempted for a second but that's mainly down to the fact that biscuits have never been my thing, I'm more a savoury kind of girl ;) At lunchtime everyone went out and got all kinds of takeaway, I said that I wasn't having anything because I'm going out for a meal tonight and that I'd had bacon on toast this morning....good job I'm not Pinocchio!

Got a very sore foot/toe,none of my toe nails was long and was sharp on the side and when I came back from my walk this morning I found it had been rubbing against the toe next to it and it's sliced a cut down it - can't believe that something so little could hurt so much :rolleyes:

Hubby is currently in the kitchen making home made pizzas - lol I'd much rather have my shepherds pie (Pinocchio again!!!)

Ooh and today I've got my eternity ring on - that's another goal to tick off my list! :D

Ouch that sounds sore! You'll need a plaster on it for your next walk.
Funny about how you worked out how much longer you had on this plan cos I was thinking the same thing. I month down about 6 more of those to go. Really though the last month has flown so hopefully so will the next few.
Good news about your ring. Mine spend more time in my drawer because I'm not allowed to wear them at work!!

That's great news about your ring :D
Sometimes I think you would be as well cutting your toe/finger off with these types of cut. They are sooooo painful !
I hope it heals soon :)

Morning Pinocchio! I'm the same. Little fibs all tge time ;/) glad u hit ur ring in, have a great day :) x

Ht 5ft 1 Start wt 14st BMI 37. Wk1 -18lbs, BMI 33.6 Wk2 -2 BMI 33.2, Wk3 -3.5 BMI 32.5, Wk4...

Ouch for the sore foot :-( great news about the eternity ring though. You're doing so well Pinnochio ;-) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done on reaching day 30 :) I'm on that today too!

Brilliant news about the enternity ring going back on. I was so chuffed when I got my engagement ring back on, it's just not felt right wearing only my wedding ring for the last year.

Hope you have a great day xxx

How's the toe katie. Hope its not too sore.

Is it rainy & gales in your neck of the woods too? x

Susie the toe is horrid, really aggravating and driving me mad - tis a pain in the toe! :D

Weather here is awful, wet and windy but nowhere near as bad as it is in some places, I feel awful for people who are affected by it.

My weight loss has been noticed today, I went to an office where there were people that I used to manage and they all commented on it, even though it's only been weeks since I last saw them so that felt really good.

Dietwise all is going well, sticking to it like glue and thankfully have not been tempted by anything, need to up my water tonight as I've not drank enough today with being out and about.

Hope everyone is enjoying a good day, am going to settle down and catch up on posts and diaries now :)

Back