Katie-x's Ketosis Journey....

Been a good day today, had a lovely three mile walk with the dog this morning, it was a gorgeous morning and there was a stunning double rainbow....I didn't find the pot of gold though.

In work there was a meeting on and people from all other office bases were in our building, I was walking through the main admin room and one of the men moved out of the way to let me past, I know him quite well (about 5 years) but he didn't say hello. I spoke to someone then went back to my office. Five minutes later the man come in, I said hello and asked did he want to talk about a meeting I'd had earlier this morning and he said no, that he wanted to talk about my diet!

He said that he hadn't recognised me in the other room and that when I'd left the room he had asked who I was!!! He said he can't believe the difference and that I've done really well - I was so touched, not just his words but that he'd come to tell me, was lovely :D

Mad to think that people I know well don't know me - very strange :)

Wow Katie that's fabulous, and how lovely that he sought you out to tell you. What a gent. xx

Thanks ladies, I was made up :)

Went to meet TH this evening as we were going to go to the drop in smear clinic (oh we know how to party!) - I started off by going to the wrong place, then set off to the right place when TH phoned to say the clinic wasn't on as the nurse is on holiday....will try again next week!

As I was getting ready to go to the clinic I tried on some clothes I've never yet worn, a pair of Levi jeans (32" waist) that I bought in 2008 and have never had the opportunity to wear, they don't quite fit but they do pull the whole way up, hubby told me to stretc them on but I didn't want to stretch them. I then tried on my Next size 12 jeans, not a hope in hell lol - they even felt tight on my calfs and thighs and wouldn't pull up.

I then tried on a pair of fitted adidas gym trousers that have a button and zip, and they also fit which is great :)

About to have a nosey at the new Next sale and see if there are any bits I want.

Had a good day in work today, the day passed pretty quickly- was working in the local office and went out with some of the team there at lunchtime to McDonalds - everyone had meals and someone had a dessert as well, I had a large black coffee :D

Am off for a run with TH in a while so I've just had a bar (the horrid red berry one) as ive struggled with indigestion while running when I've had one of the hot meal packs - hopefully tonight will be easier ;)

Enjoy your run Katie! :)

Hurray the run was really good tonight, it was 2 x 10 minutes and strangely I enjoyed it so much more than Tuesday's run even though it was harder. The next one (last of week 6) is planned for Sunday evening as I'm out on Saturday and TH is out on Sunday.

This morning I dared the scales, I've felt slimmer the last day or so and wanted to know whether I am or if it was my imagination- the good news is that I am! I was 11st 10lb :talk017: fanbloodytastic! I then checked the nhs BMI calculator and according to that its at 11-8 that I'll be overweight so only 2lb to go! And there isn't any bad news to follow that with which is even better - still feeling 100% focussed and no plans to do a runner to food :D

Hurray the run was really good tonight, it was 2 x 10 minutes and strangely I enjoyed it so much more than Tuesday's run even though it was harder. The next one (last of week 6) is planned for Sunday evening as I'm out on Saturday and TH is out on Sunday. This morning I dared the scales, I've felt slimmer the last day or so and wanted to know whether I am or if it was my imagination- the good news is that I am! I was 11st 10lb :talk017: fanbloodytastic! I then checked the nhs BMI calculator and according to that its at 11-8 that I'll be overweight so only 2lb to go! And there isn't any bad news to follow that with which is even better - still feeling 100% focussed and no plans to do a runner to food :D

Hooray Katie! Well done on the run and the weight loss! You must feel really good :)

What are you doing up so early you mad woman ;) xx

Sounds like you have had a brilliant and motivating few days Katie.. compliments, fitting into clothes, running progress and the weight loss!! Well done!! :D

Horrid horrid day :( I've lost my Fitbit and I can't believe how it's changed my mood, really depressed me which is mad I know :confused: I'd been outside once for a quick cigarette and then walked 100 yards to the chippy with my colleagues (I had nothing!) and then realised it had gone. I retraced my steps to the chippy and went across to the police station but nobody has handed it in - while walking I had the app up on my phone so that it would sync but it didn't find it :(

Ive ordered a fitbit flex on Amazon since getting home from work and that should be here tomorrow - I don't want to be without one as I really have found that it motivates me.

I walked (with app open) around the local shopping centre with my friend afterwards, we ended up in a shop where while he was choosing things I found a bag of Cadburys Pretzels which I've never tried but they are right up my street, I even went to check the calories per bag (around 500) - but I never gave in and bought them, though I so could have done - but I talked myself out of it that it wouldn't make me feel better, it'd just be another thing to make me feel down.

So I've stayed 100% and sat with people eating from the best chippy, chips, fish, mushy peas, curry sauce and jumbo sausage all around me....lol not that I was checking out the food, and this afternoon I said no to minstrels, revels and maowam :) I've just put a curry in to soak ;)

Am going watching Manchester Roller Derby tomorrow so am looking forward to that, last time I was there I bought a t-shirt, am going to take it out of the packet in a minute and try it on - hopefully it will fit :D

Stay strong one and all and enjoy a fab Friday evening xxxx

Great willpower Katie - nice work! Sorry you lost your fitbit. You know, with everyone talking about them I don't event know what they are!

Going to google them now

Hmm someone needs to train my dog as to what a weekend is and that you're meant to lie in ;)

Today may turn into an off plan day as I'm out with friends all day and they don't know about the diet, I'll see how it goes - I like the idea of a day off but don't want to sneak back into the 12's - am quite liking the 11's :)

Have a good day all xx

Hope you have a great day, Katie. I know how you feel - I hate having events when I just want to get on with the diet. It makes me realise how much my life revolved around eating! Must be great being in the 11s!

Lol TH you are so my conscience- have not had anything up to now :)

Sleek I am loving the 11's really couldn't be happier.....until I see the 10's of course ;)

Back