Katiebaby- back to Slim and save for the last leg of my journey

katiebaby

Gold Member
Hello I am Katie... I am 30 yrs old and I have a serious issue with food. I just cant stop sabotaging my dieting with eating rubbish..I need to address my mental attachment to food in order to be successful which is where from reading about The cambridge plan this plan would come into play. It looks like something i really need in my life.

My story is about 2 yrs ago I moved town and at that point i had lost 6.5 stone from Atkins and general low carbing. Since I have moved I have put 2.5 stones back on and its just getting worse :( I feel uncomfortable in myself nothing fits and i am depressed and when I am down I eat and its getting bad. I have PCOS and this is causing fertility issues.. The Doctors say i need to lose 5-6 stone before I can even have treatment, this has got me down and hence i am snacking you would think that knowing this is the only way I can get pregnant dieting would be easy, I thought so too but my brain is doing other things.

I have contacted a CDC kind of Local to me.. and I have an appointment to see her on thursday and to started on Friday :) I am excited but nervous at the same time.. I have tried so many plans that work initially and then not after I truly hope that this is the plan for me.

Look forward to meeting more people that are following this plan and giving and gaining support xx

:talk017:

Last edited:
That's a great reason to start and very similar to mine, I have not tried to get pregnant yet but I do not want to get pregnant with all this extra weight on me as I think it is too dangerous (or so my doctor says). I am currently around 20 stone and I want to get down to 13. Would love to offer support where I can.

We have tried Clomid after seeing a very pushy doctor but she should never have given to me in the first place. So now we are waiting until I have lost weight to go further. I look forward to getting to know you better :)

You can do it katie! We're all here to support you and to help you reach your goals. Good luck for friday!! X

Thanks jojo :)

good luck petal.

Thanks hunny :))

Katie you have come to the right place! This forum will give you all the help and support you need to reach your goals.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Morning All, I am up and excited/nervous about my first appointment with my CDC I don't know what to expect. I really need this to work for me. Do u only get the shakes first?

Tbh I am so ready for a break from food I feel I have eaten enough to last me a lifetime over the holidays. I feel so guilty and bad but just don't seem to be able to stop myself. Food is like a drug it will be a test starting tomorrow as I'm going through a stressful time and generally I use that a an excuse to eat now I will have to deal with things.

That's so exciting! I know what you mean with food, it's just what I constantly reach for and why I am hoping this diet will work for me. I am constantly either full or bloated or have an upset stomach due to constant eating. I want a fresh start-I feel like if you quit any other addiction you get to start from scratch............but with food, you quit and then have 7 stone to loose!

Sorry quite a long ranting post there, I hope you enjoy your meeting, let us know how it goes-good luck

katiebaby said:
Morning All, I am up and excited/nervous about my first appointment with my CDC I don't know what to expect. I really need this to work for me. Do u only get the shakes first?

Tbh I am so ready for a break from food I feel I have eaten enough to last me a lifetime over the holidays. I feel so guilty and bad but just don't seem to be able to stop myself. Food is like a drug it will be a test starting tomorrow as I'm going through a stressful time and generally I use that a an excuse to eat now I will have to deal with things.

Hun you will be fine. What you get in terms of shakes etc will depend on what step you 're following. Your CDC will explain everything in detail. The hardest thing isnt stopping the food it's realizing how bad your relationship with food was pre CD.
I believe you will do this. I'm totally pleased and proud you have made it through the hardest bit which is choosing CD in the first place. No one said this would be easy and although we all have our personal goals and different reasons as to why we are doing this, doesn't mean we can't help each other and get through the good and the bad together!
I'm glad you're excited! This is the start of a brand new you!
Keep it real sweety :-D
X

Thanks for all your support :) I am back from seeing then CDC I would like To lose 7stone. Just lately I am picking and not having main meals I am
Sick at the site of food :( I need to face this and get it sorted in my head my relationship with food.

She put me on 4 packs a day I got a
Selection of porridges for breakfast, shakes for lunch (great flavours) and soups for dinner (lovely flavours) and then I took chocolate, choc orange and choc mint shakes for supper :) as hot chocolate. I also bought a shaker and some water flavouring.

I am seeing her again in 2 weeks and she told me to text her how I'm getting on :) U am more excited now and nervous, I have never been thin and sometimes the thought I could be scares me in a
Way (may seem mad I know) I use my size to hide behind I have such a low self esteem this is something else im going
To have to sort out. Xx

geenabee said:
That's so exciting! I know what you mean with food, it's just what I constantly reach for and why I am hoping this diet will work for me. I am constantly either full or bloated or have an upset stomach due to constant eating. I want a fresh start-I feel like if you quit any other addiction you get to start from scratch............but with food, you quit and then have 7 stone to loose!

Sorry quite a long ranting post there, I hope you enjoy your meeting, let us know how it goes-good luck

Don't worry about ranting :) go for it I'm going to be doing plenty I am sure. I feel EXACTLY like you!!!!

jojoCD1989 said:
Hun you will be fine. What you get in terms of shakes etc will depend on what step you 're following. Your CDC will explain everything in detail. The hardest thing isnt stopping the food it's realizing how bad your relationship with food was pre CD.
I believe you will do this. I'm totally pleased and proud you have made it through the hardest bit which is choosing CD in the first place. No one said this would be easy and although we all have our personal goals and different reasons as to why we are doing this, doesn't mean we can't help each other and get through the good and the bad together!
I'm glad you're excited! This is the start of a brand new you!
Keep it real sweety :-D
X

You know meal replacement diets
We're always the diets I was never going to try and look I made it here and I believe it's the right thing for me. I am
Hoping 2012 is the year to make a new me :)

I believe forums like this are great as we all bring our own goals and experience ad we can provide support and motivation in all different ways xx

2012 IS your year THE END! Haha :-D the support here is great i believe we will all reach our goals! X

I believe it too :)) gooooo us

Woop woop!! Lol x

Katiebaby,
Just read through your diary. I just wanted to say that you will do it. I havnt updated my diary for a while but everyone here is so helpful.
I want to lose 6 stones well 5 now so we are in a similar boat.
The only thing that I would suggest in the first 3/4 days when it gets slightly hard is to look at inspiration pages on this forum. It will make you forget any cravings you have.
I have restarted today after a break for Christmas and I am feeling that I have started the diet again!!!
I can not wait to read your diary and see the progress on your ticker.
xxx

Back