katnav diary - Attack

katnav

Hi All

Would be great if people could take a little look at my menu and let me know if I am going wrong any where. Don't have the book but have got all of my information off of you guys or other websites and don't know if I have missed anything.

Day 1
FF vanilla yoghurt with 1 and a half tablespoons oatbran
Chicken, cottage cheese and curry powder
scallops, lean ham, dry fried egg
snacks - boiled egg, 4 fish sticks

Day 2
ff yoghurt with sweetener and vanilla extract
meatballs with ff yoghurt and mint dip
salmon and prawns with a few seasonings
snacks - boiled egg, sf jelly

Does that sound ok so far?

I've found day 2 quite difficult. Felt a little light headed and have been craving sweet things. I have had 2 small bowls of ff yoghurt with sweetener and vanilla extract, 2 small sf jellies, lump of roast chicken, baked meatballs and yoghurt/mint dip and have just made dinner of salmon, prawns, onion, garlic, ginger and a little light soy sauce.

Have I over done it today?

Hi Katnav and Welcome!

I'm a newbie at Dukan but I have a feeling it's no veg at all on attack, so the onion would have been a no-no. But I could be wrong and it's not worth fussing over. Hopefully one of the more experienced Dukaners will look this over and comment.

Days two and three are pretty hard, staying strong and not giving in to the call of the carb takes some doing -well done!

"veg" in attack needs to be "condiment portion" only and best avoided altogether. Soy sauce isn't ok in attack either.

When you're hungry, feel free to top up on protein freely as you have been. Drink plenty of water. I see you had your oatbran stirred into your yoghurt on day 1 - that's not (in my opinion) the best use of it as oatbran enables us to bake so many delicious FILLING things. Check out the recipe section. Day 2 you don't seem to have had any oatbran?

Thank you both for your replies.
I am annoyed about the onion and soy sauce as i got the recipe for the dish off a dukan diet website that said it was suitable for attack. The onion was in condiment portion....oh well.

I had oat bran in the meatballs yesterday which had my daily allowance in it.

Today will be interesting as I am out for most of the day and not sure there will be anything suitable for me to get while out so am going to pack up a cooler bag with my garlic chicken and some roast chicken to snack on while out and hope I don't get really hungry.

Breakfast - yoghurt, sweetener and vanilla extract
Lunch - Garlic chicken
Dinner - garlic tiger prawns
Snack - roast chicken, sf jelly, boiled egg

Also tried to make the oat bran cookies yesterday and they were a disaster - came out like hollow pancakes.

Did quite well today. Snacked on chicken throughout the day and will have prawns later for dinner.

Even managed to go for dinner with the family in the gourmet burger kitchen and all i ordered was a tap water.....was dreading going to a restaurant, especially while on attack but it really wasn't as bad as i thought and I am glad that I was able to stop myself from saying "just 1 chip, or just 1 bit of that burger"

How many days of attack are you planning on? Check out our FAQs for more info if you're unsure. At your weight/height, it's futile staying in attack too long...

I've never tried the cookies, but I LOVE the muffins, and have them every morning without fail!

You're not really starting this diet at the best time of year!

According to the calculator on the Dukan website I need to be on attack for 6 days but will only be doing 5 as I have a wedding on Saturday so want to make it a PV day and also I am happy with my weight loss so far so don't feel i will need the sixth day.

As for starting the diet in the run up to Christmas - I needed to do something otherwise if i told myself I would start after christmas goodness knows how much food I would have eaten in the run up to and over the Christmas period. What are you all doing about Christmas? Do you stick to the Dukan throughout the whole period or do you allow yourself to break it for christmas day etc?

I will definately give the muffins a try as everyone seems to be eating them on the daily menu thread.

End of day 4 on attack and felt much better today.
Breakfast - scrambled egg with a splash of skimmed milk and pepper
Lunch - prawns with ginger
Dinner - meatload
Snacks - yoghurt with sweetener and vanilla extract, ff vanilla yoghurt, Dukan cookie.

does just one Dukan cookie comprise your daily oatbran ration?

Yep, one cookie has 1 and a half tbsp of oatbran in it. To be honest I didn't even want it yesterday but hadn't had any oatbran so did the cookie as it was quick and relatively tasty.

How do you make your muffins I can't seem to find a recipe.

1 and a half tbsp of oat bran
1 tbsp skimmed milk
2 tsp sweetener
sprinkle of cinnamon

mix together and mould into cookie shape (i do this in a microwaveable bowl)

Microwave for 1 minute

Last day on attack - bit of a funny day. Haven't really felt hungry but have craved jelly.....
Breakfast - 4 slices of turkey
Lunch - ff yoghurt (had no time)
Dinner - prawns and salmon with ginger
snacks - sf jelly x2
Did also have two glasses of quite diluted squash as I hadn't had any all week (that is all i normally drink and don't think i have ever gone a day without having any) not ideal but better than reaching for a chocolate bar. Hopefully will be a good weight loss when i weigh in tomorrow to see how successful attack was for me.

hi kat well done on your attack days, i finish attack today too, finally get to eat greens tomorrow ha ha, but im at a party tomorrow night , and the dreaded booze will get in the way grrr....im gonna try and have only a few, (easier said than done) , havent drank for a few weeks just saving money etc so hopefully i will get drunk after a couple and it wont sabotage the diet too much ha ha, xx

Well done to you too on finishing attack. I am definately looking forward to some vegetables.

I am at a wedding tomorrow....a Greek wedding! there will be so much food, especially unlimited bread and greek cakes. I have told myself all week long I will only be eating the meat and vegetables, I feel quite confident that I will stick to it but every now and again I do think about the bread and dips.

I was making my little boy toast today and cut off the crusts and was so tempted to eat them but I didn't. I love carbs!

oh good luck with the wedding, sounds like its going to be great !!!, yes re bread !!, well to be honest i havent missed it as im wheat intolerant so i dont have bread, pasta etc really only very rare times possibly once a week if that !!, so im used to not having it, but i do get the odd time when a bacon butty pops in my head lol...but i feel so much better from not having it to be honest so leaving things like that out isnt too bad .xx

Have lost 6lb in 5 days of attack so very pleased with that. First PV day as am at a wedding today so will have the meat and vegetables although won't be the healthiest but will resist the bread and cakes!

hey morning kat !!!

well done on your fab loss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, bet you feel great , i lost 4.8 lb ...im sooooo happy , first day on cruise for us both, hope your wedding goes well

Jane x

Back