katnav diary - Attack

Thanks very much, well done to you too. Now I have finished attack I look back and it actually wasn't that bad (didn't feel like that on day 2 and 3) but I am now in the right frame of mind and not the least bit tempted to cheat today at the wedding and I don't drink so alcohol won't be a problem for me.

Enjoy your party!!!

Saturday - Turkey slices and dry fried egg for breakfast, roast chicken for lunch.

Dinner went mad - damn those Greeks and their great good. I cheated at the wedding despite being adament I wouldn't. I had 1 slice of bread, small bit of potato with dinner and ate the sponge dessert....but I didn't feel bad. I knew at the time it was just for that night and accepted the consequences. When I jumped on the scales the next morning I had put on 2lbs (much expected) but was right back on the Dukan.

I don't regret cheating, i made a concious decision and knew what would happen but also knew it would only be that night and I would be right back on the wagon the next morning (gave away the cake they gave us to take home)

Sunday - wasn't hungry for breakfast
Lunch - roast chicken
Dinner - roast chicken and a few vegetables (at the in-laws)

Today I am doing a PP day and may do one tomorrow as well
Yoghurt with sweetener and vanilla extract
sf jelly snack
meatballs for lunch
and as yet am undecided for dinner

Feeling very focused and hope to have lost the gained 2lbs by weigh in on Saturday.

hey, im sure the 2lb will come straight back off this week , those damn carbs are to blame , sounds like a lovely feast at the wedding tho, that was making me drool reading that , especially cake !!!!!

Well the extra 2lbs has come off so I am pleased about that as I thought it would take slightly longer.
Mondays ended up having beef steak for dinner with a couple of turkey slices. I also made my first galette last night with a bit of cinammon in it and had it with natural yoghurt. I tasted nice but didn't come out quite right and looked a mess.

Not sure about todays menu yet but have plenty of dukan friendly food in the fridge so will see what i fancy.

Breakfast - natural yoghurt, sweetener and vanilla extract
Lunch - 2 dukan tuna quiches
Dinner - Dukan bolognaise - delicious
Snack - sf jelly, oat bran cookie

hi kat, well done on getting your 2 lb off thats fab, i havent weighed myself since saturday, im resisting the temptation lol

little tip for your galette ( ive got it down to a t now )

gotta have a very good non stick pan
put the heat on low for a couple of mins to get pan very hot
then spray in a little spray oil, then put your galette ingredients into pan
then leave for about 5mins on a low heat , then turn over it should move around in the pan if you leave it long enough then its easier to turn over and it doesnt go all mushy xx

Hi Maddy1, thanks for the tip with the galette. I don't have a very good non-stick pan which is where I think the problem was. Think I may have to invest in some!

Well done on resisting weighing in, wish I could but I can't help myself. Am tempted to ask Hubby to hide them and only bring them out on the Saturday but knowing me I would then spend all week searching for them.

Wednesday ended up being another PV day as I was a little disorganised
Breakfast - fat free yoghurt
Lunch - Dukan bolognaise
Dinner - chicken and turkey slices with a little quark.
Attempted microwave dukan muffins but flavouring didn't quite work out so I only ate one and the others went in the bin.

Have not really managed to perfect any oatbran recipes, maybe that is why I am craving something naughty and sweet....any ideas welcome.

Today
Breakfast - ff yoghurt
Lunch - not hungry - tried a tiny bit of salmon but didn't really want it so had a tiny bit more yoghurt
Dinner - prawns and ginger

Just letting you know I kept failing with the gallete I now just put it on a plate and do it in the microwave for 3mins 30 secs and it's fab ok it doesn't brown but it goes down well and satisfies a sweet tooth x

Rednicola said:
Just letting you know I kept failing with the gallete I now just put it on a plate and do it in the microwave for 3mins 30 secs and it's fab ok it doesn't brown but it goes down well and satisfies a sweet tooth x

What rating microwave do you have? I'd like to do that but want to make sure I don't singe it!!

Thanks very much Rednicola, hadn't even thought of doing it in the microwave. May give that a go later as haven't had my oatbran today! Will let you know how it turns out....

hi kat heres the recipe for the muffins it makes 6 muffins and 2 = your oatbran allowance for the day

6 tablespoons oatbran
2 eggs
6 tablespoons toffee yoghurt ( i bought the muller one ) 135g
3 tablespoons canderel
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
half teaspoon baking powder

you can use a tray similar what you use to make yorky puddings
can use cake cups or i just put it straight in the tin tiny spray of spray oil , but think next time will get cup cake paper holders, just didnt have any in the house

15mins oven about 170-180

OneTwoFour said:
What rating microwave do you have? I'd like to do that but want to make sure I don't singe it!!

My microwave is the 800w rating x

katnav said:
Thanks very much Rednicola, hadn't even thought of doing it in the microwave. May give that a go later as haven't had my oatbran today! Will let you know how it turns out....

Hope it turns out ok mines never failed in the microwave ...just couldn't do it in the pan x

Silicone cases or trays are the way to go ;) the muffins pop out and don't leave a crumb behind

Ladies - ref that recipe for muffins above - don't forget that the Muller toffee yoghurts are now tolerated ingredients (therefore for Cruise only, and only if you're happy with your weight loss etc). Admittedly 1/3 of a yog per day in that recipe isn't going to hurt, but if you buy the pack of six mullers, beware of the others!!

Another option is to use quark or total 0% instead of the toffee yoghurt and spoon some diced smoked salmon/crabsticks/anything really into the mix before putting into SILICON muffin moulds! Far easier to get out!

Or use quark or total 0% and sweetener.

I make them every day so I'm a bit of an expert. 200°C and 20-30 mins I'd say!

I tried the microwave galette last night and you are right it doesnt look as good but it definately tasted better and did satisfy my craving. I have yet to make any tasty muffins but will definately try the muller toffee ones when I can get my hands on the muller yoghurts (my sainsburys on line shop doesn't seem to show them?!)

katnav said:
I tried the microwave galette last night and you are right it doesnt look as good but it definately tasted better and did satisfy my craving. I have yet to make any tasty muffins but will definately try the muller toffee ones when I can get my hands on the muller yoghurts (my sainsburys on line shop doesn't seem to show them?!)

Awwww great I have it for my breakfast and as I don't care what it looks like it's perfect and quick and no mess whatsoever ...glad it turned out ok xxx

another PP day for me again as I had two PV days in a row and would like to do PV at the weekend.
Breakfast - yoghurt, sweetener and vanilla extract
Lunch - wasn't hungry again
Dinner - prawns with ginger
snacks - galette with cinammon

My hunger has really dropped at the moment and at times can't stomach the thought of eating anything although I think this is just on PP days and that I am getting fed up of just protein. Can't wait until tomorrow as I am really looking forward to vegetables (never thought I would be saying that)

Have been very good the last two days, made my little boy cheesy mash for tea and had nobody to taste it so tasted a bit and spat it out!

Back