katy's (100th) weight loss diary! Menu checks apprechiated!

holiday-dieter

Silver Member
Day 1 - Thursday 5th April 2012

Feel I've written hundreds of these... oh well, I'm back on track again and this time determined to do well!
This time I'm in the right frame of mind and really want to wave goodbye to my excess flab for good. Sick of being overweight and flabby! Got 2 lovely hols in the summer to look forward to, and even though I won't be at goal, I can be a good few lbs lighter! Going to keep a food diary/general ramblings to keep me on track, and can hopefully look back one day and see how well I've done. I was always the 'slim' friend at school/college, on netball and hockey teams and could generally eat anything and not gain a lb, unfortunately 4 years at university and my first year of teaching has turned me into the fat friend, which I no longer want to be!! So, day 1, here's to a new, slimmer, healthier me :). Done SW before so by now should know what I'm doing, but feel free to correct me if I can improve menus.( I'm doing extra easy)

Breakfast
2 wholemeal 400g toast (B)
Baked Beans (Free)
Mushrooms, tomatoes (Super free)

Lunch
Prawns (free)
salad (super free)
dressing 1 syn

Dinner
Chicken, leek and asparagus rissotto (SW May/June 2012)
(parmesan A) chicken and rice (free) veg (superfree)
Fruit cocktail (superfree)

Syns/drinks
100ml SS milk 2.5 syns (for teas)
skips 4.5 syns
water, sugar free squash

Last edited:
Day 2

Breakfast
2 eggs in frylight (free)
2 400g toast (hexb)
toms, mushrooms (superfree)

lunch
pasta n sauce (1.5 syns)
Naughty as no superfree but at a friends house, they all had fish n chips and i popped to sainsburys for a pasta n sauce, very sad lol!)

dinner
home made salmon fishcakes (free ish! need to syn poletna coating)
slimming world chips (free)
beans (free)

fruit salad

milk hexa for tea

syns
polenta coating (4.5syns for 25g)
pasta n sauce (1.5 syns but only ate 1/2 the pack)
skips (4.5syns)

Last edited:
I am in a similar boat to you hun! your menus sound lovely and your right on track! well done you, i really fancied bacon sarnie for brekkie today but went for scrambled eggs, beans, mushrooms instead! have a great day xxx

I really craved a bacon sandwich this morning but with being good friday i restrained, even though I'm not at all religious!! You've done great so far :) have a good day too! xx

Day 3 - April 7th

B - 2 X 400g toast with lean bacon and tomatoes (B choice)

L - Chicken Salad

D - Chicken Curry (no idea on syns, hoping it isn't over 15!)
Boiled rice (free)

Milk - hexa

Syns - chicken curry

Drinks - tea, water, diet coke

well i had my bacon sandwich yesterday! it was lush, i had two small wholemeal, with dairylea and bacon on, was lubbly! I also had a chinese last night, but i am hoping i havent gone too far wrong, shared it with my sister so hopefully that takes the syns down!!! your diaries are looking great, have a wonderful easter hun, keep up the good work xxx

Thanks you too. I had chinese last night, Chicken curry and boiled rice, really missed my crackers and prawn toast but I was quite proud I resisted :) Haven't tried bacon and dairylea before, sounds tasty so I'll definately give it a go! Hoping I am rewarded with a good loss on weds for my resisting of chinese snacks last night :angel09:

Day 4 - Sunday 8th April

Brunch

2 400g brown toast (B)
30g cheddar (A)
Lean ham
Sliced toms
(cheese and ham toastie)

Homemade coleslaw with from frais

Dinner

Take out :)

Syns

milk for tea (2.5)

This is the longest I've stuck to plan in a while so feeling really proud of myself! (Hmmm can I say this if I'm having takeaway and I syn it properly?)

Last edited:
:argh: Out tonight for takeaway at a friends house. What to eat, what to eat?! Having said that have all my syns left for today so sure I can choose wisely... will update food diary in the morn!

Well last night wasn't too bad.... I avoided the starters but went for fried rice, ooops :( Scales show a lb gain, so will have to be super good today, tuesday and weds, as I'm weighing in Thursday this week instead of weds.

Day 5 - Mon 9th April 2012

Well, I had takeout last night and feel hugely guilty now! My 4lb loss shows a lb gain
:( really must stop scale hopping!

Today:

Brunch
Cheese (A) Ham (free) and tomato (superfree) toastie (B)
with home made coleslaw ( super free veg) and from frais
(free)

Dinner
Homemade meatballs (free)
veg tomato sauce (superfree)
spaghetti (free)

Lots and lots of water to flush out my honey chilli chicken and fried rice hehe

Day 6 - Tuesday 10th April

Had to weigh in this morning instead of tomorrow... lost 4.5lbs
:)

Breakfast: bacon tomato and mushroom sandiwch (b)
Lunch: tuna sandwich (6syns) salad, fruit
Dinner: homemade chicken parmesan (a) with SW chips and superfree salad

Day 7 - April 11th 2012

I've decided to try red and green days, as I'm struggling with 1/3 superfree and that's why I haven't managed to stick to plan in the past (that's my excuse anyway!) So, hopefully I'm on the right track with my first RED day!

Breakfast:
Bacon (free) tomatoes (free) egg in frylight (free) mushrooms (free)

Lunch:
Baked Beans (150g B) on 2 400g toast (B) with 30g grated cheddar (A)

Dinner:
Spicy Chicken Drumsticks (free) - took skin off before cooking
Coleslaw with from frais (free)
Salad (free)

HEXA's for today
A Cheese and Milk
B Bread and Beans

Lots of water, cup of tea

Skips 4.5 syns

Week 2: Day 8, April 12th

Enjoyed my red day yesterday, another red day today. Was originally green but after my bacon sandwich at lunch time thought I'd rejig my day!

RED DAY

Breakfast: Yoghurt (free)

Lunch: bacon (free)
white roll
:( 7.5 syns!!!

Dinner: Prawns (free)
SW Chips (B)
Bisto Curry Sauce 4 syns

A: Milk
B: Potatoes

Total syns: 11.5

May have toast and laughing cow triangle later to use remaining A and B choice... would this be bad??

Last edited:
Extra Easy day today as I fancied Cannelloni from one of the mags for dinner :)

Breakfast:
Croque monseiur (spelling!!?) 2 400g toast (b) cheese (a) ham (free) grilled. tomatoes and mushrooms

Lunch:
Shopping with mum so will add this in later

Dinner:
Cannelloni with salad (veggies in mince too) 3 syns

Snacks:
Velvet Crunch (4 syns)
6 dashes of milk (3 syns)

Last edited:
Didn't get chance for lunch today.. well, I did. I could say tomatoes saved me from synning big time! Ordered a crispy chicken and bacon deli wrap from maccy d's, and it was loaded with icky chunks of soggy tomato, so it went straight in the bin. By the time I got home from shopping after that it was time to cook so I just waited till dinner time! Going to have some velvet crunch later whilst watching dvds :)

Saturday 14th April - day 10
Extra Easy

Breakfast: None, TOTM and I feel really icky, but it normally passes after a couple of hours, so nice hot cup of tea, paracetemol, bubbly bath and should be right as rain

Lunch: Sunbites (6 syns - bad bad so far!)

Snack/late lunch: 2 toast (heb) cheese (hea) bacon

Dinner: Chicken curry, fried rice (hehe) been told 10 syns but think this is way too optimistic!

HEA 30g cheese
HEB - 2 bread

Syns - sunbites (6)
chinese 7.5 (changed meal for chow mein)

Not strictly a EE day, well, not an EE day at all as no superfree apart from veg in the curry I'm going to eat soon... but it's that time of month where I need to curb my cravings! Pre SW it would have been prawn toast, crispy seaweed, spare rib and wontons to start, followed by battered something or other with 1/2 fried rice, 1/2 chips and crackers, so believe I've made a relatively smart decision!!

Change of plan.... I'm so indescisive!! And I can't spell.. chicken chow mein now (7.5 syns!)

Last edited:
Sunday 15th April 2012 - Day 11

Major blues today, back to school tomorrow
:( and it's such a long bloody term!! Oh well, setting myself a mini goal of losing my 10% by the time next term starts so 20lbs to go in 8 weeks = 2.5lbs a week!

EE Day

Breakfast: Tea, just up now as was out late last night and it's my last lie in for 7 weeks

Lunch: Cheese (A) bacon and tom toastie (b) with homemade coleslaw and salad

Dinner: chicken and veg curry with SW chips (4 syns for sauce)

Snacks: Velvet Crunch 4 syns, 2 mini meruinge nests (2syns) strawberries and yoghurt (free)

HEXS - cheese/toast

Syns - milk (1/2 per dash (5 dashes = 2.5) sauce (4) Velvet Crunch (4) = 11 syns

Last edited:
Well back to school (work) it is. Not such a bad day and it went quite quickly, too busy to actually think about being hungry. :)

EE Day

Breakfast: Grilled cold bacon (in a rush)
Lunch: Cannelloni (3 syns) and salad
Dinner: 2 toast (b) bacon, egg, mushrooms

HExA - milk
HExB - bread

Syns - velvet crunch 4 cannelloni 3 = 7 syns

Not enough superfree at all today so back to red and green days as of tomorrow as ee just doesnt work for me :(

Back