Kay's journey to health and happiness

No I'm not Paleo'ing for the moment.

Due to ibs and sinuses problems I am gluten free and following Low Fodmap. I seem to of got it under control now. Both have almost disappeared.
I had an op last Dec and due another one in the future. Nothing serious just an old age things.
I need to put on about 9 lbs to take me up to 8 st 7 lbs again.
Trying to put the weight on is a struggle to me like it was when I was trying to loss it.
Your meals look lovely and healthy.:)

Hello hun :) , I had a colonoscopy not so long ago to rule out Crohns and IBS, luckily all cameout positive, because I was having digestion problems for a while and bloating. I had a food intolerance test done and turns out I'm dairy and gluten intolerant so have made changes to my diet and have decided to try going Vegan. For a while I was going to follow the low fodmap diet until I had the food intolerance test done to findout specifically what's affecting me . I still have a weak digestion and peel all my fruits and veggies, can't eat skin or any other kind of insoluble fibre . I've seen a really good book on amazon for low fodmap diet, but I guess you mentioned your symptoms have disappeared, so you must be doing really well with it. You sound like you have a lot of knowledge on the subject already, but just as a friendly tip for weight gain, are you adding a lot of essential fats to your diet, like nuts and seeds, plus avocados, extra virgin olive oil/ coconut oil ? They may help. Anyway I hope your having a lovely week hun. Speak soon.

Kay xx

Well I had a busy day yesterday, went for my homeopathy appointment in the morning for my eczema :oops: . I've been given tablets, yet to see if they work. He's given me a follow up appointment in 2 weeks time, so I hope there is some improvement by then, not having it done on nhs, so its costing me o_O hope it works. Foodwise has been hit and miss and due to the rash being on my hands, I can't use them as much for cooking, I need to give them rest, so my sister ended up taking me out and I ate non Vegan stuff, ie. meat which I'm not happy about :( , but anyway water under the bridge. I feel puffed out and bloaty this week, not myself. I also haven't been so good with the juicing and I may have had some biccys pass my lips too, with gluten in them :rolleyes: . I need to get a grip and get back on track. I feel like having this week off, and might put myself down as hols this week on the challenge thread. Don't feel like I want to know what I weigh this week ,feel it might get me down. Would rather not know and keep going and pick myself up for next week :) .

Anyway will be back on later with some more updates. Hope your all having a good week .

Kay xx

Last edited:
Someone's been busy cooking in the kitchen ! :eat: :p

Quorn Chicken and mushroom stir fry with zero noodles :D ... delicious !

(Ingredients - Quorn chicken pieces, bell peppers, mushrooms, spring onions, sweetcorn, chinese five spice powder, sriracha sauce, sesame oil, fresh coriander, lemon juice, soy sauce ).

IMG_2385.JPG IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2393.JPG IMG_2395.JPG

Kay xx

I had a mahoosive lunch but that immediately made me hungry!!!

I had a mahoosive lunch but that immediately made me hungry!!!

I ate 2 big plate fulls :p , I'm all puffed out now o_O , can't move lol xx

That looks lovely :) all of your food looks totally gorgeous!!! Don't be down about this week. I'm sure regardless you will have done really well, we all need a bit of a break and with the amount of effort and thought you put into your meals and plans etc you deserve to do so well.

Yum yum yum

Ruth
X

That looks so fresh and healthy. :)

Thank you :), yes it was packed with veggies, I thoroughly enjoyed it :D. Nice to know you can have a Chinese at home and its much more healthier than the restaurant meals.

Kay xx

That looks lovely :) all of your food looks totally gorgeous!!! Don't be down about this week. I'm sure regardless you will have done really well, we all need a bit of a break and with the amount of effort and thought you put into your meals and plans etc you deserve to do so well.

Yum yum yum

Ruth
X

Ahh thanks Ruth ;) . I do enjoy cooking :D . I'm taking it slowly this time with the weightloss, things don't workout for me when I stress myself about it lol .

Kay xx

So on the menu today ... `Carrot and Coriander Soup ' . :eat: packed with Vitamin A :D

(Ingredients - onions, garlic, carrots, veg stock, salt and pepper, smoked paprika, garam masala, garnished with yogurt, fresh coriander, black pepper, fried onions (just a pinch :p also you'll need a good blender :D ).

IMG_2401.JPG IMG_2400.JPG

Kay xx

I'm trying this week to make different recipes each day, its all on plan, but I'm beginning to think, maybe I should add some CC to SW. I must confess I have been eating big portions :oops: and I feel heavier than before, not sure if the unlimited free food thing is working on me. Anyway will post up some more food pics in a mo ...

Kay xx

I do love my kitchen gadgets :D . I have a nicer dicer plus, which is great for cutting veggies, fruits or making salads, I use it all the time :) .

Nicer Dicer Plus.jpg

I decided to make a salad for lunch, wanted to eat healthy. I made a potato and chickpea salad, it came out scrummy ! :D .

Potato and Chickpea Salad
(Ingredients - chickpeas, potatoes, cucumber, tomatoes, onion , sweetcorn, radish, fresh coriander, fresh mint, juice of 1 lime, zest of 1 lime, peri peri salt for seasoning - I like my salad to have a kick :p )

IMG_2405.JPG IMG_2404.JPG

I then made a Vegan dessert which did not comeout too well, (not everything I make turns out good :rolleyes: ) , it's ment to be ice cream made out of frozen bananas, you're ment to blend them slightly, I think I over blended it, and it came out milkshake consistency rather than ice cream o_O . I added blended berries to create a raspberry ripple kind of affect, which did not happen, it all went pink :confused:, it tasted alright but didn't look great, so I proceeded to smash a biscuit on it - there, better ! :D I'm still not convinced that frozen banana is the same as ice cream, no its frozen banana :rolleyes: .

Vegan Ice Cream

IMG_2406.JPG IMG_2407.JPG

Kay xx

Last edited:
I'm trying this week to make different recipes each day, its all on plan, but I'm beginning to think, maybe I should add some CC to SW. I must confess I have been eating big portions :oops: and I feel heavier than before, not sure if the unlimited free food thing is working on me. Anyway will post up some more food pics in a mo ...

Kay xx

I think a lot of people feel the same way about free foods as it means they just eat large portions & don't stop when full. If CC & SW work for you then go for it!

I love kitchen gadgets but hate cleaning them.
Your dessert looks lovely.:)

Me too, I wish I had a dish washer :rolleyes: , but still can't stop buying them :D . The dessert tasted really nice, just didn't look that pretty and texture wasn't right for ice cream. I do have a sweet tooth so will have to work harder on making some yummy vegan desserts :) .

Kay xx

I think a lot of people feel the same way about free foods as it means they just eat large portions & don't stop when full. If CC & SW work for you then go for it!

Michelle so lovely to see you :):) . Mins is so quiet now, it's not like it used to be before. Still it's nice to see a familiar face. How have you been ? Yep I'm thinking about doing MFP to monitor the calories starting next week, just want to get weigh in out the way on Wednesday.

Kay xx

So last night my sister said she's coming around for dinner, and so I had to whip up something quickly for her. Because I'm miss piggy, I had polished off the salad I had made earlier and there was nothing left for her o_O . She wanted Indian so I made `Roti ' which is Indian bread (bit like a chapati) along with Bombay potatoes and a Mixed veg curry, the curries were syn free :D .

The `Roti ' is made from Gram Flour (chickpea flour ) and is gluten free :). 28g is 4.5 syns, that will make a very small `Roti ' a quarter plate size (sizes shown in pic below). A normal `Roti ' is normally a dinner plate size, for this you will need 43g of flour for the batter. I worked it out and it comes out to approx. 7 syns for the `Roti ' which is about right. If you buy a readymade Chapati pack (like the one in the pic below) from Asda or Tesco, they workout to about 7 syns each.

Gram Flour.jpg Plates.jpg 5030039004491_500000_IDShot_3.jpg

Another alternative, if you only want to use upto 4-5 syns, is the `mini ' naan breads you get at the supermarket :-

5060086841633_500000_IDShot_3.jpg 5052449466140_500000_IDShot_3.jpg

Making the batter was fun :p , you need a ladle and then move it around in a circular motion to make your roti, something like this :-

p337679696-2.jpg

Here are mine, the finished product :) :-

IMG_2413.JPG IMG_2412.JPG

I served it with a syn free cucumber yogurt raita and Bombay potatoes and Mixed veg curry. The recipes for these are on my curry thread . The meal, all in all came to 7 syns. Not bad for an Indian. I know it would be a lot more at the local Indian :D . My sister loved it, hehe .

IMG_2409.JPG IMG_2410.JPG

Kay xx

Last edited:
That looks so delicious!!

Yummy and scrummy!

Hope that all is well with you- have a wonderful weekend!

Ruth
X

Lucky sister who has a sister like you to spoil her!

Your food photos and instructions are very good and clear Kay that I feel I could do that:)

Back