Kay's journey to health and happiness

Hello everyone , thank you for your lovely messages. I will update my diary soon. I have been unwell the last 2 days :oops: so won't be on as much . Will be back to posting soon . (I will still be updating the challenge thread for everyone though, not to worry ;))

Kay xx

Thanks Caz . We'll I've had the worst last few days :( , my Eczema (rash) has really flared up, nothing seems to be working and I'm a bit fed up, and have been crying in bed :oops:. All I can do is wait for my dermatologist appointment which is 8 weeks away on the nhs :oops: . Even doing day to day basic things is becoming hard because I can't use my hands, they are bleeding and sore :( , even typing hurts. With all this going on, I can't focus on my weightloss at the moment, the meds I'm taking (after my operation) are making my weight fluctuate too. I'm only able to focus on my skin at the moment. I think it's better if I join the challenge a month later, and take some timeout for myself.

I will carry on updating the thread for everyone else though, I may not be on everyday, but I will update. I hope your all doing well. Speak soon,

Kay xx

Thanks Caz . We'll I've had the worst last few days :( , my Eczema (rash) has really flared up, nothing seems to be working and I'm a bit fed up, and have been crying in bed :oops:. All I can do is wait for my dermatologist appointment which is 8 weeks away on the nhs :oops: . Even doing day to day basic things is becoming hard because I can't use my hands, they are bleeding and sore :( , even typing hurts. With all this going on, I can't focus on my weightloss at the moment, the meds I'm taking (after my operation) are making my weight fluctuate too. I'm only able to focus on my skin at the moment. I think it's better if I join the challenge a month later, and take some timeout for myself.

I will carry on updating the thread for everyone else though, I may not be on everyday, but I will update. I hope your all doing well. Speak soon,

Kay xx

Oh lovely Kay :(
I hope that you're ok my dear! I hope also that everything gets sorted for you soon! Could you see your GP for an emergency referral? That's what we did for my OH to bring his forward and it worked?! I know it's not ideal :(
Have some time for yourself, but I will miss you! And your lovely food pictures and motivation! Can't wait to see you back!

Ruth
X

Hi Kay that all sounds absolutely horrific. I do hope you feel a little better soon but you must focus on yourself as much as possible.

I'm sending lots of hugs xxx

I'm so sorry Kay. Maybe there'll be a cancellation if you ring up the appointement line? I knwo it's unlikely with the strikes and all.

Thank you for including me in the Q challenge. I appreciate it. Results on Sunday!

Take care.

Hi Kay, I'm fine thank you, nothing new here. But it sounds like you're poorly, I can't imagine the pain you're in at the mo, I'm with the others see if you can get a drs appt.

We have a fab local Indian shop, I'm always buying yummy stuff, iddli mix, chappatti, dosa etc mix but do work out the syns first, the syns are worth it I think.

Sorry to read your Eczema is playing up and you have to wait so long for your dermatologist appointment.The weeks just seem to drag when your waiting to be seen.

Keep on at your Dr about how it's affecting your life and how your feeling.

When I was waiting for my urgent op end of last year I got so fed up of waiting I rang the booking line and with in a couple of hours I had my appointment for 2 days later. So it is worth ringing just to see if they can fit you in earlier.

Don't worry too much about your weight concentrate on getting yourself sorted. x

......pops head in ... :eek: ...oh my goodness, not posted on my diary in ages o_O . Will be back to posting soon :D .

Kay xx

Well here I am updating my diary ...

I haven't had the best last few weeks. My rash got really bad, especially during that week when we had really hot weather :oops: . I am still going for my homeopathy treatment. I don't know how long it will take, but I've been on the tablets for over a month now and the rash is still there. But I'm staying patient because I have heard good things that homeopathy deals with the problem from the source rather than the surface like steroid creams do (and they thin the skin over time :( ). I would rather avoid having to use the steroid creams and opt for natural therapy which will be kinder to my skin in the long run.

In terms of diet, when my flare up is really bad, I can't even use my hands to chop or peel or cook at all, it hurts :( so I just have to rest my hands and do nothing. It gets tough, I get frustrated sometimes when I can't even do the simplest things for myself. Especially when the weathers nice and you see people going out, I haven't left the house in a while, too embarrassed to be seen in public with bright red skin from my rash :oops: . I waiting in hope that one day it will go away.

Once I'm fully recovered, then I may join a SW group and start again. I have gained a little, but not hugely so that's ok. Something that has made me happy is, I'm purchasing another kitchen gadget :D, I have so many, its my addiction :rolleyes: .

It's an electric fruit and veg peeler . I didn't know they exist. Well they did in my head :p but never knew that you can actually buy one . Most people will look at them and think you must really have to be lazy to want one of these and I agree, I'm normally the kind of girl that gets things done for herself and have no problem using a regular peeler, but since I suffer from a skin condition, its a life saver. When my skin gets really bad on my hands, I can't peel or chop or prepare food for myself, so this has come at a great time :) .

Here is the vid :-

Can't wait for it to arrive ! :D

I don't have much else to report, I hope your all having a lovely weekend. I will update when my skin gets better and I'm back on SW.

Oh and I forgot, I purchased a `Skin Anaiysis + goodie bag ' with a really good skincare company worth £100, I got it for £19, bargain ! on Wowcher :D , my appointment is on Thursday, I can't wait, I'm hoping they can help me with the repair of my skin :) .

Okie tokie time to sign off folks, speak soon !

Kay xx

... oh my oh my, someone give me an award already for having to drink this stuff :eek::oops: .

It's ment to be super good for my skin, so shall keep my head down and keep on drinking :rolleyes: .

Superfood Veggie smoothie made in my Vitamix -

Ingredients (ginger, turmeric powder, moringa powder, beetroot, celery, green apple, black kale, lime juice, mint leaves all blitzed together )

Here is a pic :-

IMG_2439.JPG IMG_2441.JPG Nearly finished :rolleyes:

Why does yummy food take seconds to eat and healthy food take ages to stomach ? o_O

Kay xx

Slimming World Group - To Join or NOT to join :rolleyes:

Well I thought I'd make a list of, for and against for joining group, as I am confused as what to do so here goes :-

Reasons for -
- you can buy the yummy hifi bars
- you get awards and stickers, which I love and keep me motivated
- you get to learn about new products and syn values
- you can check your food diary with your consultant if you feel you've hit a road block
- you can buy the magazines and books cheaper

Reasons against -
- My surname is `S' so I'm always the last to be called out in the group and sometimes it can take forever :rolleyes:
- The group gets noisey, people having private conversations and talking over the consultant, (wonder why they come ? )
- All the groups near my house are very large, it feels impersonal and like your a number, smaller groups are much more private and cosier
- Also with large groups it takes a good hour before the class starts, there are always delays (why is it so hard for women to find a chair to sit on o_O)

If in my head I'm able to overlook the negatives, then the reasons for are quiet strong. I only wish my surname wasn't right at the end. Sometimes the class can take forever to finish.

If I look at doing it from home, then the only advantage is I don't have to put up with the above, but then I don't get the benefits of the `for list ' .

See I told you its confusing o_O .

...the bunny pops off to think . '

Kay xx

Slimming World Group - To Join or NOT to join :rolleyes:

Well I thought I'd make a list of, for and against for joining group, as I am confused as what to do so here goes :-

Reasons for -
- you can buy the yummy hifi bars
- you get awards and stickers, which I love and keep me motivated
- you get to learn about new products and syn values
- you can check your food diary with your consultant if you feel you've hit a road block
- you can buy the magazines and books cheaper

Reasons against -
- My surname is `S' so I'm always the last to be called out in the group and sometimes it can take forever :rolleyes:
- The group gets noisey, people having private conversations and talking over the consultant, (wonder why they come ? )
- All the groups near my house are very large, it feels impersonal and like your a number, smaller groups are much more private and cosier
- Also with large groups it takes a good hour before the class starts, there are always delays (why is it so hard for women to find a chair to sit on o_O)

If in my head I'm able to overlook the negatives, then the reasons for are quiet strong. I only wish my surname wasn't right at the end. Sometimes the class can take forever to finish.

If I look at doing it from home, then the only advantage is I don't have to put up with the above, but then I don't get the benefits of the `for list ' .

See I told you its confusing o_O .

...the bunny pops off to think . '

Kay xx

I had no idea it was done in alphabetical order!!!
I am L which explains why I'm always in the middle hahaha!
Personally, I can't do it without the group, I love everyone's input, just seeing everyone makes it worth it. I suppose a lot of it is down to if it fits better around your life? I also don't understand the people that talk over the consultant, it winds me right up....

Ruth
X

Hi Kay, You need to marry someone whos surname starts with A. ;)

Reasons for -
- you can buy the yummy hifi bars( you don't really need these)
- you get awards and stickers, which I love and keep me motivated(you could buy your own and make a nice chart)
- you get to learn about new products and syn values( so true)
- you can check your food diary with your consultant if you feel you've hit a road block(if she has time)
- you can buy the magazines and books cheaper(do you really need more books)

Reasons against -
- My surname is `S' so I'm always the last to be called out in the group and sometimes it can take forever :rolleyes: (sometimes it's better to be near the end.rush you through.)
- The group gets noisey, people having private conversations and talking over the consultant, (wonder why they come ? )(this one I would hate)
- All the groups near my house are very large, it feels impersonal and like your a number, smaller groups are much more private and cosier(this is what happens in large groups.It's like working for a large company you are just a number.)
- Also with large groups it takes a good hour before the class starts, there are always delays (why is it so hard for women to find a chair to sit on o_O)(probably because they are stood up chatting too much)

Why not do a month at home and see how you go.If you then feel you need to still go to a class then try and find a small one that you would be happy with.

Hope you manage to work it out.

To go alone at home with help from here or go to a large class where it takes forever. You decide.:)

Hi Kay, You need to marry someone whos surname starts with A. ;)

Reasons for -
- you can buy the yummy hifi bars( you don't really need these)
- you get awards and stickers, which I love and keep me motivated(you could buy your own and make a nice chart)
- you get to learn about new products and syn values( so true)
- you can check your food diary with your consultant if you feel you've hit a road block(if she has time)
- you can buy the magazines and books cheaper(do you really need more books)

Reasons against -
- My surname is `S' so I'm always the last to be called out in the group and sometimes it can take forever :rolleyes: (sometimes it's better to be near the end.rush you through.)
- The group gets noisey, people having private conversations and talking over the consultant, (wonder why they come ? )(this one I would hate)
- All the groups near my house are very large, it feels impersonal and like your a number, smaller groups are much more private and cosier(this is what happens in large groups.It's like working for a large company you are just a number.)
- Also with large groups it takes a good hour before the class starts, there are always delays (why is it so hard for women to find a chair to sit on o_O)(probably because they are stood up chatting too much)

Why not do a month at home and see how you go.If you then feel you need to still go to a class then try and find a small one that you would be happy with.

Hope you manage to work it out.

To go alone at home with help from here or go to a large class where it takes forever. You decide.:)

Wow I feel like I'm reading my post all over again :D , thanks for taking the timeout to address my every point, I really appreciate it ;) . How are you hun ?

Kay xx

I had no idea it was done in alphabetical order!!!
I am L which explains why I'm always in the middle hahaha!
Personally, I can't do it without the group, I love everyone's input, just seeing everyone makes it worth it. I suppose a lot of it is down to if it fits better around your life? I also don't understand the people that talk over the consultant, it winds me right up....

Ruth
X

Yes it's all in alphabetical order :D , hence having to wait sooo long o_O . The group that I really used to enjoy closed down a while back, since then I have been trying other groups, but not felt excited by them. I guess I could keep trying. It's been a while so maybe the consultant may have changed. It's good your enjoying group Ruth, it shows in your results :p .

Kay xx

Well I've started to change things up a bit. I had been avoiding going out due to my skin, but although its warm, its a lot cooler than that week where we had really hot sun, so its not burning my skin so much and there is a light breeze outside also :) . So I decided to go for a walk yesterday in the afternoon. I really enjoyed it. And although when I came back, my skin was red, but it wasn't any more red than when I'm at home, so overall I'm ok ;) .

This means hopefully weather permitting, I will be able to go for walks this week (if it stays cool). I'm so fed up of being indoors, I really need the exercise. Also my neighbours are having a new driveway laid down so lots of noisey drilling going on next door, its doing the bunny's head in :eek: . It will be good to get away from the noise.

When I went for a walk yesterday, I passed my local park, so many people were out enjoying the weather, I took a picture of the ducks :D .

IMG_2442.JPG IMG_2443.JPG
IMG_2446.JPG IMG_2445.JPG

I'm going to spend sometime today deciding on a food plan that's going to work for me going forward and will add exercise into my regime. It's my birthday next month, so would like to lose some weight before then. I'm wondering weather the exercise will help clear my skin up, since your body is releasing toxins , I hope so :) .

I've had my vegetable juice this morning made in my vitamix blender, plenty of fibre so should help cleanse my colon and give me good skin. I add a lot of superfoods init.

Anyway will pop over to my other thread now, will be back on here later. Hope your all having a fab Monday ! :p

Kay xx

For me its the cost. Nearly £5 to get weighed and find out how much weight everyone in my village has lost.

I can get SW shiny stickers on here and loosing weight is motivation enough.
I certainly don't miss the embarrassed guilty feeling when I didn't loose weight on a certain week or not bothering to go because I knew I'd gained, but still having to pay for my absence. I'm much happier and richer (I'm only a student) doing it with mini mins. If they started charging for mini mins I'd seriously consider paying, but I wouldn't go back to group again.

For me its the cost. Nearly £5 to get weighed and find out how much weight everyone in my village has lost.

I can get SW shiny stickers on here and loosing weight is motivation enough.
I certainly don't miss the embarrassed guilty feeling when I didn't loose weight on a certain week or not bothering to go because I knew I'd gained, but still having to pay for my absence. I'm much happier and richer (I'm only a student) doing it with mini mins. If they started charging for mini mins I'd seriously consider paying, but I wouldn't go back to group again.

Thanks hun for replying :), it's interesting to hear everyone's opinions, we've all had different experiences with group, some good, some bad. But I do identify with your points and agree with them. Those are some of the reasons that stopped me. Like Craftermary suggested, I will probably try going it alone with mins and see how I go. I can always add myself back on the challenge thread for a month and join u all :p .

Kay xx

I couldn't do it without going to a group. I've tried on my own but it's the fear of the scales that keeps things out of my mouth.

My consultant sometimes starts from the bottom of the list so that the same people aren't always first or last. I would go and give it a few weeks before you decide whether to stay or do it alone (try to get a free joining voucher from one of the magazines).

I'm glad you are feeling well enough to venture outside - and that veggie peeler looks immense!

xx

Back