Kay's journey to health and happiness

I couldn't do it without going to a group. I've tried on my own but it's the fear of the scales that keeps things out of my mouth.

My consultant sometimes starts from the bottom of the list so that the same people aren't always first or last. I would go and give it a few weeks before you decide whether to stay or do it alone (try to get a free joining voucher from one of the magazines).

I'm glad you are feeling well enough to venture outside - and that veggie peeler looks immense!

xx

I'm glad your group is working for you hun and it shows in your results :) . I love the fact that your consultant has thought about doing the names in reverse, that's such a good idea :D , why doesn't everyone do that ? it makes it more fair. I think there's no right or wrong regarding whether group is right or not, it's down to personal experience, everyone's is different. I can also relate to some of what you have said about the scales at group, keeping you on your toes. I lost 5.5 stone at my first SW group, I loved that group and the consultant and had the most success there. But then she left and that group closed down :(. The group got split up and everyone ended up going to different groups. After that I tried at least 3-4 new ones but did not gel with the group or consultant. The main difference being they were really large groups and noisey o_O . I can do it alone from home, but sometimes I lose the discipline and fall off the wagon :rolleyes: , I have to remember to keep going and not stop in my tracks.

Kay xx

Well didn't manage to go for my walk today :rolleyes: , had a lot to do around the house. I'm going to be out most of tomorrow and Thursday, I have a few errands to do. I will be back on mins on Friday to update my diary :).

Kay xx

Well I went for my skin analysis yesterday which was really interesting. I bought some products and tablets too which I hope will cure my eczema. I have been under a lot of stress recently, so I think that hasn't helped my skin. I've also decided to stop the homeopathy for now, as I feel I was not seeing any results. I still believe that it works, but maybe I was impatient, it was taking too long. I'm hoping the new creams I've bought and the tablets will help. The consultant has booked me for another appointment in a month. She asked me to keep a food diary.

It made me think, I may as well start my weightloss plan again since I have to keep a food diary anyway. I don't think I will be doing SW, but I'm just going to log what I eat everyday on here. Tomorrow is the 21st, it's exactly one month to my birthday. I will see if I can try and lose some weight in one month. She also said some exercise will help release the toxins in my body. I really feel that too that it's time I moved my body :oops:, I've been indoors way too long since my operation in March. Although I've healed from my op, it was my rash that was preventing me from going out, because I was too self conscious. But I'm so fed up of being fat, I can't be bothered with the od stare :rolleyes:, I can't hold myself back, so I've signed up for the gym :).

I'm going to start from tomorrow. I'm pretty excited. I hope I see an improvement in a week. I don't mind the weight coming off slowly, but I'm more keen to see some good results with my skin. Fingers crossed it all works out. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning for my fresh start, not looking forward to that, but I guess its got to be done. I haven't weighed myself in a while, but I'm guessing I'm now near the 13st 7lb mark :(, to think I got down to 12 in Feb . Oh well onwards and downwards. I will join my quarterly challenge again, just to keep going till the end of June.

Nothing else to report, hope you all have a fab weekend. I will be back on here tomorrow with my food diary :D.

Ciao ! :bunnydance:

Well I went for my skin analysis yesterday which was really interesting. I bought some products and tablets too which I hope will cure my eczema. I have been under a lot of stress recently, so I think that hasn't helped my skin. I've also decided to stop the homeopathy for now, as I feel I was not seeing any results. I still believe that it works, but maybe I was impatient, it was taking too long. I'm hoping the new creams I've bought and the tablets will help. The consultant has booked me for another appointment in a month. She asked me to keep a food diary.

It made me think, I may as well start my weightloss plan again since I have to keep a food diary anyway. I don't think I will be doing SW, but I'm just going to log what I eat everyday on here. Tomorrow is the 21st, it's exactly one month to my birthday. I will see if I can try and lose some weight in one month. She also said some exercise will help release the toxins in my body. I really feel that too that it's time I moved my body :oops:, I've been indoors way too long since my operation in March. Although I've healed from my op, it was my rash that was preventing me from going out, because I was too self conscious. But I'm so fed up of being fat, I can't be bothered with the od stare :rolleyes:, I can't hold myself back, so I've signed up for the gym :).

I'm going to start from tomorrow. I'm pretty excited. I hope I see an improvement in a week. I don't mind the weight coming off slowly, but I'm more keen to see some good results with my skin. Fingers crossed it all works out. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning for my fresh start, not looking forward to that, but I guess its got to be done. I haven't weighed myself in a while, but I'm guessing I'm now near the 13st 7lb mark :(, to think I got down to 12 in Feb . Oh well onwards and downwards. I will join my quarterly challenge again, just to keep going till the end of June.

Nothing else to report, hope you all have a fab weekend. I will be back on here tomorrow with my food diary :D.

Ciao ! :bunnydance:

All of this planning sounds totally wonderful!! Loving that you have signed up for the gym and got some cream and tabs sorted.
The food logging also sounds great and I am sure you will see a difference in a week and longer- anything helps! Through reading this, it seems like you have cleared your head and seem focused.
The support network on here is great and the fact that you will be rejoining the challenge is also fab too :) can't wait to see you on there!!

Ruth
X

All of this planning sounds totally wonderful!! Loving that you have signed up for the gym and got some cream and tabs sorted.
The food logging also sounds great and I am sure you will see a difference in a week and longer- anything helps! Through reading this, it seems like you have cleared your head and seem focused.
The support network on here is great and the fact that you will be rejoining the challenge is also fab too :) can't wait to see you on there!!

Ruth
X

Thanks a lot Ruth :) . I do feel like I've managed to clear my head this week. I just don't want to be held back. Having a routine will help me feel like I'm getting somewhere. Plus I don't want summer to come and pass me by. There are so many people doing well on the challenge thread, including yourself, you've all certainly inspired me to keep going . I hope your having a wonderful weekend hun. I hope to catch up on diaries very soon :D.

Kay xx

Ok so first day back on plan :) .

I weighed in this morning, 13st and 4lbs :oops: , onwards and downwards I go ! :character00116: I will weigh at home every Saturday.

My plan is to follow healthy eating and exercise .

Unfortunately, can't start gym this weekend, as I have a lot of old paperwork that I'm trying to clear. I hope to start on Monday. I will try and see if it doesn't rain, I will go for a walk. Some exercise is better than sitting on my bum o_O .

Saturday 21st May 2016
Food Diary

(so far ...)

MORNING
x2 cups of Twinnings Pineapple Green Tea
Protein Shake (made with hemp seeds, moringa powder, stevia, frozen berries, almond milk - blended together )
Snack - Sliced banana with sprinkles of desiccated coconut and cinnamon (my fav sweet snack :) ) . I am going to eat fruit as my sweet treat and avoid biccys and choccys and any processed food.

The protein shake is quiet filling, it will keep me going till lunch time. There is something about it also, must be the hemp seeds or moringa powder which is very powerful, sends the pf everytime :sick0019: :eek: . It's all good though, its a sign that my system is detoxifying and clearing out :D .

Water - I'm going to aim to drink 3 litres a day. I will write at the end of each day, how much water I have drank. Will definitely help my skin.

Updated Later

AFTERNOON
Chicken Salad with some olives added, no dressing.

Snack - Orange and Apple (again with some sprinkling of coconut on apple)

EVENING
I made a Vegetable Ramen Soup it cameout lovely. (Will upload pics later)

Water - Only managed 1.5 litres, not so good :rolleyes: , need to up that.

Kay xx

Last edited:
All set for the off Kay!

You are well organised with the new diet and exercise routine. Fingers crossed you will soon see an improvement in your skin...

It was a nice surprise on the scales this morning to weigh in 3lbs lighter than you expected!

Wishing you good luck on your new journey

All set for the off Kay!

You are well organised with the new diet and exercise routine. Fingers crossed you will soon see an improvement in your skin...

It was a nice surprise on the scales this morning to weigh in 3lbs lighter than you expected!

Wishing you good luck on your new journey

Aww thank you Mini :), I'm not expecting miracles with the weightloss, I know it's gonna be slow and steady with me, but yes I am in a hurry for my skin to get better . I think writing our food on here makes us more accountable, even if I am eating the wrong things, it will keep my mind in check. Hope your having a lovely weekend !

Kay xx

Well yesterday was not great. (I updated my food diary in my earlier post). There are some things that I did not write on here :(, like some biccys may have gone in my mouth with some coffee. These are trigger foods and not good for my skin either, whats wrong with me ? o_O Also I looked up the calories for desiccated coconut which I have been using loads of on my fruit, turns out the fat grams and calories are waaaaaaay too high :eek: , so that's that then :( . No more coconut sprinkles for the bunny, I will have to replace that with a sprinkle of cinnamon instead . Gutted as I love coconut.

I had a rough night yesterday with my skin, no surprises as I ate all the wrong stuff. I can see I need more time before I put myself under pressure to start the weightloss thing. I need to get the junk food out of my system first. Perhaps I'm not as ready as I thought I was. I just need sometime to clear my head and get serious. I was doing a lot of paperwork yesterday and going through bills :rolleyes: , my pet hate, so I think I got bored somewhere along the line and reached out for all the naughty stuff. Boredom is one of the key reasons I over eat. On the plus side, I finished all the paperwork. Yay go me ! :D . Just left with the shredding to do today :rolleyes: .

I've decided I'll join the next quarterly challenge in July, it will give me a few weeks to focus on my skin and get better. I'm still going to continue to write my food on here, good and bad and will post food pics, I enjoy doing that and in any case, I have to keep a food diary for my skincare consultant whom I'm seeing in a months time :) . I'm still going to go to the gym too. I'm not going to weigh myself, just focus on eating well and exercising, I think that will take the pressure off and make me relax.

Today foodwise its going to be pretty much the same as yesterday. I made lots of the ramen soup, so will be having more of that today. Chicken salad for lunch again and protein shake for breakfast (just realised I said that all backwards :p) .

I'm going to aim for 2 litres of water today and try and up it slowly, 3 litres would be fab, but I only managed 1.5 yesterday, so any more is a bonus :) . I need to stay away from the biscuit jar too, that would help :eek: .

Hope your all having a fab weekend. Will pop back later . :bunnydance:

Kay xx

Last edited:
I think you done very well on your liquid intake yesterday. You had a shake which is liquid then you had soup which also counts.You only need a lot of water if you exercise or live in a hot country.

Hope your skin gets better soon and doesn't matter what the weather is like go for a walk. I always feel so much better if I go out for a walk or a bike ride. Fresh air works wonders and it gives you time to think things over. :)

I think you done very well on your liquid intake yesterday. You had a shake which is liquid then you had soup which also counts.You only need a lot of water if you exercise or live in a hot country.

Hope your skin gets better soon and doesn't matter what the weather is like go for a walk. I always feel so much better if I go out for a walk or a bike ride. Fresh air works wonders and it gives you time to think things over. :)

Hello hun, how are you ? :) I agree, I love walks in the summer. I was supposed to go over the weekend, but I had so much paperwork to do, that I decided to start on Monday. With water intake, I only count herbal teas and water itself, not tea or coffee, soups or shakes because they have other stuff added in them like salts and sugars which can dehydrate us.

Kay xx

My Vegetable Ramen soup that I made yesterday :D . It was spicy and oh so yummy ! :eat: Will defo make it again :) .

(Ingredients - Vegetable broth, celery tomatoes, onions, chick peas, peppers, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, black peppercorns, fennel seeds, cloves, cumin seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha sauce, lime juice, zero noodles, fresh corainder) .

IMG_2453.JPG

IMG_2458.JPG

IMG_2459.JPG

Kay xx

Last edited:
Soup looks delicious Kay!

Changing habits takes time Kay as I know only too well and I still find myself falling into old traps...weekends are normally my downfall:rolleyes:

You are right not to put too much pressure on yourself as stress is not good...keeping a food diary and observations how your skin is at the end of the day will hopefully yield information to help in your healing.

One day at a time:)

Soup looks delicious Kay!

Changing habits takes time Kay as I know only too well and I still find myself falling into old traps...weekends are normally my downfall:rolleyes:

You are right not to put too much pressure on yourself as stress is not good...keeping a food diary and observations how your skin is at the end of the day will hopefully yield information to help in your healing.

One day at a time:)

Thanks Mini :) , yep slow and steady wins the race. At the moment I'm going at the pace of a tortoise :eek::D , but better that, then me stressing myself out. I still have a lot going on personally and also my rash to cope with :oops: , so think I'm helping myself by taking away some pressure. I know I will do it, one day :). I loved the ramen soup :D will defo be making it again. I love cooking, its just a shame I can't do it so often with my skin flared up on my hands :( . But on the plus side, my electric peeler arrived :p, I'm so happy ! It's a life saver.

Hope your having a lovely week Mini :).

Kay xx

That soup looks amazing and very filling.:)

Indeed :D it was very filling and low in syns. I think the only syns was the srirancha sauce and sesame oil (I'm guessing works out to 2 syns a portion roughly). The rest is all packed with veggies :) . I added loads of spices, it really gave the broth a nice flavour. I made it in a saucepan, but I think in the slow cooker it would be even nicer, because it would allow the spices to infuse in the broth for longer. You can also vary this dish by adding different vegetables of your choice each time.

Kay xx

Do you have the recipe with ingredient amounts? I have no sense of smell so a lot of things I can't taste. I don't want to make your soup and blow OH's head off. Or perhaps I do. ;)

Hello everyone :) ,

Thanks for stopping by on my diary. Sorry I've not had a chance to reply to posts yet, I've just got a lot going on at the moment personally :oops: . I hope to be back on here soon. I hope your all doing well.

Kay xx

Back