Kay's journey to health and happiness

Being an absolute nosey parker, I have read quite a lot of your diary, though I confess not every single post on each of the 149 pages. I have smiled and almost cried at some of them.... you've been through such a lot and I can identify with a lot of it from my past. I really admire the courage you've shown through your journey and the humour you show even when in horrendous pain from your operations. I've resisted commenting, while reading, otherwise there would be several more pages of just my comments but I'm now subbed to it and shall continue to read as you recover and lose that weight. I can really see you doing it too.... though I can see you have wavered and had your doubts that you can ever get to target (which again, I really identify with) you obviously know that the slimming world plan works and what you have to do to get there.
Hope this doesn't sound a bit like I'm a creepy stalker. I've been on MiniMins for a while and post on several of the other diaries, so it feels a bit like i 'know' you all. Hmm, does sound weird, doesn't it? lol.
I'm not THAT strange... honest ;-)

Cloudys your not strange my lovely! Kay loves all support here.

Evening Kay i love your goals you sound so much more like the kay we know. Hope ur days been ok. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Cloudys your not strange my lovely! Kay loves all support here.

Evening Kay i love your goals you sound so much more like the kay we know. Hope ur days been ok. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

<blush> Thanks Bubble. I just love the support and inspiration on MiniMins and Kays diary really rang bells for me.

Hi Kay!!

Glad to hear your back and recovering well with a new positive spin on everything!! :D

Might join you on the salad challenge next week. Xx

Being an absolute nosey parker, I have read quite a lot of your diary, though I confess not every single post on each of the 149 pages. I have smiled and almost cried at some of them.... you've been through such a lot and I can identify with a lot of it from my past. I really admire the courage you've shown through your journey and the humour you show even when in horrendous pain from your operations. I've resisted commenting, while reading, otherwise there would be several more pages of just my comments but I'm now subbed to it and shall continue to read as you recover and lose that weight. I can really see you doing it too.... though I can see you have wavered and had your doubts that you can ever get to target (which again, I really identify with) you obviously know that the slimming world plan works and what you have to do to get there.
Hope this doesn't sound a bit like I'm a creepy stalker. I've been on MiniMins for a while and post on several of the other diaries, so it feels a bit like i 'know' you all. Hmm, does sound weird, doesn't it? lol.
I'm not THAT strange... honest ;-)

Hi Cloudy - I'd say that ur post must chime with many others - certainly does with me - so if that makes me weird so be it! Like u I was immediately touched when I read thro' Kay's thread (didn't get to read them all either!) I've been hooked ever since and she's been very kind and supportive to me - so I'm here to stay.

Glad your back onit Linda, I'm sure your gonna do fab hun :p xx

Hi Kay - lovely to see ur positive posts - yes I had a good day today and feeling in a better frame of mind and will join u on the salad challenge xx

Morning everyone :wavey:,

Think I've managed to catch up on diaries :p. I'm feeling much better as each day passes, I feel like my old self is coming back ;). I have had a chance to think and reflect over the weekend. My sister will be going back on the weekend, I should be fine alone from then on. I am walking around now and am able to sit easily . I have started exercising, just 10 min walk in the garden each day which is good for me. I will soon finish my antibiotic course and the meds will go down which I am happy about.

I have decided to start my Salad Challenge again from next Monday 30th June. I will be going back to group on Thursday 3rd July too. I weighed myself this morning and I am still maintaining at 11st 7lbs :), I hope I can stay that weight until my first weigh in on Thursday 3rd of July. I will then use the month of July to lose 7lbs and get me to 11 stones or even better in the 10's if I'm lucky :p. I know this all sounds good in theory but we all know life happens and things get in the way sometimes, so I can only hope and pray that things go to plan for me ;).

I will do a big salad shop at Asda on the weekend. This will be my last week off plan so going to enjoy it without going crazy . I can't seem to turn off my SW head, I still find myself wondering what syns are going into my mouth lol. Anyway I hope your all having a fab week. Since being off for my recovery so many of you have achieved new losses and awards, its so inspiring for me to read and has given me the motivation I needed to get back on plan.

Mini Goals

Before my Op when I achieved my 4.5 stone award, I said I will not set any mini goals just yet because I had to wait for my recovery. I am now able to do so and this is what I am aiming for :-

1) Monday 30th June - To start the Salad Challenge

2) Thursday 3rd July - first weigh in, returning after Op, hopeing to maintain at 11stone 7lbs

3) July Challenge - To lose 7lbs and get my 5 stone award :D

I think that should be enough to keep me busy :p, hope you all have a cracking week ! Catch up with u all soon, time for some rest ;) .

Kay xx

Fab post - ur inspirational - loving ur goals and look forward to joining u on the Salad Challenge - great to have our Kay back!

Yes it's Kay creation and works really well - she manages everyone who's up for it - she won't stand for any slacking lol - seriously tho' Kay is really supportive and has refined the format to give us the best chance of losing & toning the flab- the challenges are great for motivation and I've found it really helpful to 'work' as a team for a week - here's the link to Kay's salad challenge thread - see what u think! http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams-challenges/338626-kays-salad-challenge.html

Yes it's Kay creation and works really well - she manages everyone who's up for it - she won't stand for any slacking lol - seriously tho' Kay is really supportive and has refined the format to give us the best chance of losing & toning the flab- the challenges are great for motivation and I've found it really helpful to 'work' as a team for a week - here's the link to Kay's salad challenge thread - see what u think! http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams-challenges/338626-kays-salad-challenge.html

Yayyyy the more the merrier xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So happy to see a positive Kay back! We're all here for you and are so pleased that you're making such a good recovery. Really want to join you all on the salad challenge next week but I think I might have to give it a miss as that's when my dad is having his operation and I just don't think I could stick to the challenge properly. Wishing you the best of luck though!

You too are an inspiration Kay and your positivite attitude is very catching! I wish you all the luck in the world for your goals. I'm quite sure you will do it ;)

enjoy your rest hun xx

Aww thanks Sam ;), I know your doing fab on your journey too. I will pop over to your diary in a mo to see how u got on for weigh in, I'm sure you've done brilliant ! :p xx

Wishing you luck with your goals but you always do fab. Happy resting xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Cheryl :), hope your well hun xx

Morning Kay - Glad to hear you are feeling better xx

Thanks Mandy :p I've been meaning to pop over to your diary, hope your keeping well xx

Back