Kay's journey to health and happiness

Yep having it with rice, it won't be like your lamb curry, I'm sure it'll be 'westernised' in some way, but I'm already looking forward to it!!!

You'll be surprised Michelle, since I've had my back pain problem I don't really have time to do the authentic curries much that are on my thread, its not worth it just for myself unless we have guests. That's why I bought the slow cooker for winter. I actually like a lot of Jamie Olivers currys in his 15 minute meal series, he makes them quite good. Also I've bought this new book on marinades which I am loving. I like the idea of having my meals ready in zip lock bag and then straight into the slow cooker. I love one pot cooking, I get lazier in the winter, cant be asked to sauté either :D.

I have been looking into the Patak brand. I think they are brill for a quick short cut curry and I love their range.

untitled.png

I have heard a lot of people say on mins the syns are high, but that is if you use the Pataks sauces where you need the whole or half the jar. The pastes are more concentrated and you only need 1-2tbsps depending on which curry you are making. They have their own youtube channel too with quick to follow recipes. I'm loving what I've seen so far. I will post up my first pataks slow cooked curry when I'm done :D.

Kay xx

Syn free lemon curd

3 heaped dessert spns sweetener
grated rind and juice of one lemon
2 large eggs
2oz fat free fromage frais

In pyrex type bowl place grated lemon rind and sweetener. In separate bowl whisk lemon juice and eggs together, then pour into pyrex bowl. Place over pan of simmering water and stir until thickened (took about five mins)
Stir in fromage frais off the heat and whisk until smooth.

Stores for up to five days in the fridge (if you can make it last that long)

Its not as good as my 'normal' home made lemon curd, much paler because of the fromage frais but good an lemony if you use a large lemon. I think it would be good for your cheesecakes.
I crumbled a meringue into mine and topped it with a spoonful of choc shot. Yum!

I got the recipe from here somewhere but can't remember who from. Poss either Kathy (Chocko) or Jess? Apologies to whoever it was, I've just searched quickly but couldn't find it.

Oh wow thanks for sharing L, gonna try this and print it off :p. I love sharing recipes ! :D

Kay xx

Evening Kay glad to hear your feeling better hunni. I am in drool heaven lol Ive made your cheesecakes in the past but I think the cherry one takes the prize it looks amazing and I will certainly be making it. I have also made the SW lemon curd it was passable but again nothing like the real thing. I think you could get away with it for your cheesecake though. Basic lemon curd is 1 syn per tsp.

Im craving sweet stuff now lol x

Thank you and more to the point ... how do you get those yorkies to explode ? :D What's the secret recipe, pls share ? Your tea looked divine tonight ! :p Oh I was loving the cherry cheesecake it was so worth the 6 syns ! You gotta try it Sheila :p. I'm looking forward to making the lemon curd one now :).

Kay xx

Welcome back gorgeous xx

Hellooooooooooooooooooo :D, only 8 days to NYC RR :eek: .. I'm gonna miss you ;). Take lots of pics, I cant wait to see them ! How is the house purchase going ?

Kay xx

Thank you and more to the point ... how do you get those yorkies to explode ? :D What's the secret recipe, pls share ? Your tea looked divine tonight ! :p Oh I was loving the cherry cheesecake it was so worth the 6 syns ! You gotta try it Sheila :p. I'm looking forward to making the lemon curd one now :).

Kay xx

I never measure the mix Kay I do it all by sight and guesstimate - The mixture makes 12 of the puddings in the pic and 4 bigger ones (none left now the boys ate them lol). Plain flour(about 3 mugs full), 3 eggs, salt and SS milk put in a mixing bowl and whisked then leave to stand for 30 mins to let the air at it, mix again before pouring into red hot pudding tins ( which I had sprayed with fry light before hand and put in the oven until smoking hot)

I usually guesstimate the puddings to be 3 syns each (its not done me any harm over the last 2 years) x

Hellooooooooooooooooooo :D, only 8 days to NYC RR :eek: .. I'm gonna miss you ;). Take lots of pics, I cant wait to see them ! How is the house purchase going ?

Kay xx

I know, soooo excited :) not much to report apart from the solicitors being a waste of space, lol xx

I never measure the mix Kay I do it all by sight and guesstimate - The mixture makes 12 of the puddings in the pic and 4 bigger ones (none left now the boys ate them lol). Plain flour(about 3 mugs full), 3 eggs, salt and SS milk put in a mixing bowl and whisked then leave to stand for 30 mins to let the air at it, mix again before pouring into red hot pudding tins ( which I had sprayed with fry light before hand and put in the oven until smoking hot)

I usually guesstimate the puddings to be 3 syns each (its not done me any harm over the last 2 years) x

Thanks for sharing Sheila :p I am defo gonna try this out. But do you use anything to make it puff and rise, baking powder ? xx

I know, soooo excited :) not much to report apart from the solicitors being a waste of space, lol xx

Yep that's solicitors for you, they'll take your money but never around when you need them :p . Oh I'm so happy your gonna have a lovely break ! Your gonna love the food there and the portions ! :D Don't worry about the plan, enjoy yourself to the max ! hehe xx

Thanks for sharing Sheila :p I am defo gonna try this out. But do you use anything to make it puff and rise, baking powder ? xx

No hun the eggs make them rise. Just make sure you use Plain Flour!! I use Asdas own make nothing fancy like BeRo. I think its about 70p a bag and lasts ages x

No hun the eggs make them rise. Just make sure you use Plain Flour!! I use Asdas own make nothing fancy like BeRo. I think its about 70p a bag and lasts ages x

Okay thanks for the tip hun, I thought normally to get them to rise you would use either self raising flour or plain flower with baking powder. The ones you make look proper puffed out, so I thought you use some magic to make them rise like that :p, but its good to know that the eggs alone achieve the same results :).

Kay xx

Okay thanks for the tip hun, I thought normally to get them to rise you would use either self raising flour or plain flower with baking powder. The ones you make look proper puffed out, so I thought you use some magic to make them rise like that :p, but its good to know that the eggs alone achieve the same results :).

Kay xx

Its all in the wrist action Kay ;) I use a hand whisk not an electric one ( I have done at times to save time and energy lol). For years I could never get them to rise and they were like flying saucers, then I realised I was using to much flour which makes them "heavy". Trial and error I guess :D. I think some recipes do have bakng powder in them but ive never used it hun x

Its all in the wrist action Kay ;) I use a hand whisk not an electric one ( I have done at times to save time and energy lol). For years I could never get them to rise and they were like flying saucers, then I realised I was using to much flour which makes them "heavy". Trial and error I guess :D. I think some recipes do have bakng powder in them but ive never used it hun x

Okay so I've got to get some wrist action going then to get them like yours lol :p knowing me the electric whisk will be out :D. I have a feeling mine wont rise without the help of a dash of baking powder :p, will take a while before I become a pro like u :D xx

Time to hit the pillow me thinks. It's been lovely catching up with you all :). Night night ladies, hope to speak with you all tomorrow ;).

Kay xx

imagesZG93ZBS1.jpgZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ! xx

Yep that's solicitors for you, they'll take your money but never around when you need them :p . Oh I'm so happy your gonna have a lovely break ! Your gonna love the food there and the portions ! :D Don't worry about the plan, enjoy yourself to the max ! hehe xx

I'll put 10 stone on in a week, eeekkk xx

Okay so I've got to get some wrist action going then to get them like yours lol :p knowing me the electric whisk will be out :D. I have a feeling mine wont rise without the help of a dash of baking powder :p, will take a while before I become a pro like u :D xx

Lol practice makes perfect hun x

Back